Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I move my appointment?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Should I move my appointment?

Its lovely knowing that 💗 I can assure you I will be keeping you updated 😂x

Community Champion

We are all better at giving advice than taking it I think .The unknown is by far the worst part and the lack of control - we will keep you company tomorrow !! 

Thank you, yes the treatments are so amazing these days, but you still cannot help but think the worst, I can be so negative and positive at the same time with it all, which is abit odd....its the fear of the unknown as treatmebt differs from one person to snother, But thank you so much for stopping by, I can see you are a very strong lady, I am too, good at giving advice but not taking it...i want to be able to control my own destiny 😂..who doesn't!! 

I will soon know all about destiny tomorrow at 2pm! I keep saying to myself suck it up butter cup and then hsve a wobble, then get strong again.., its such an odd emotional roller coaster ride, but im on it and will deal with whatever comes my way 💪xx ( she says bravely until the appointment comes tomorrow at 2pm and I will be on the toilet with nerves 😂

Community Champion

We all feel like that in the beginning  - it's hard to stop your mind going to the worst case scenario .The reality is even if it is breast cancer most are very successfully treated - if caught early treatment can be very straight forward - removal of lump and a week of radiotherapy .There is a good chance it is nothing to worry about but if it is there are lots of us around still many years later perfectly ok and getting on with our lives .

Hi 

Thank you for replying.  Yes you are right, it would be silly cancelling.  

I'm also scared when I get there that I dont take information in very well at all...

The first one I thought, ok I will play along with this thinking surely there cannot be anything wrong, but now I've been asked to go back again its increased my fears.  

I dont know if its over the top, but im equally preparing myself for the worst and preparing how I will tell my 10 year old son that mummy will look different for a while until she gets better. So its things like this...i think us women are so brave, ironically whatever card I've been handed i know I will deal with but I don't want my 10 year old to lose his mummy. 😢...i worry about things like if its spread snd how long he has left with his mum... x

No one enjoys a mammogram. I swear if men had their testicles treated the same way, they’d have found a far less brutal test by now. However, it is what it is. It’s bound to be extremely uncomfortable whether you have PMS soreness or not and putting it off is not a great idea. You can’t be sure they’ll reschedule at a better time in your cycle as the service is hard-pressed at any time.

Keep your appointment and remember that most breast lumps are benign so don’t expect the worst unless you’ve already been given some indication by your GP.

I’ve got my mammogram next week. I hate them. I’ve tried wriggling out myself by asking for an ultrasound but to no avail. Every year - and I only have one boob. I’m just as reluctant as you but I’ll be there. It’s essential.

I hope it’s all ok. All the best x

Yes, true, thank you xx

Community Champion

Don't let it hangover you for another month .

Thanks, yes true, although my first mamo wasn't painful but they are tender to touch when it time of the month x

Community Champion

It's uncomfortable at any time of the month I'm afraid .You need to get this done either to put your mind at rest or to get the treatment you need - you don't want it hanging over you for another month ?? X

Should I move my appointment?

hello, 

Just abit of advice? I've been thinking about moving my appointment ( its this tuesday) as its time of the month and both my boobs are sore and the thought of having them flattened in that mammogram machine is really putting me off..😳

I dont want to mess the NHS about either 🤨

Any thoughts? 

X