Should I move my appointment?

hello, 

Just abit of advice? I’ve been thinking about moving my appointment ( its this tuesday) as its time of the month and both my boobs are sore and the thought of having them flattened in that mammogram machine is really putting me off…

I dont want to mess the NHS about either ?

Any thoughts? 

X

It’s uncomfortable at any time of the month I’m afraid .You need to get this done either to put your mind at rest or to get the treatment you need - you don’t want it hanging over you for another month ?? X

No one enjoys a mammogram. I swear if men had their testicles treated the same way, they’d have found a far less brutal test by now. However, it is what it is. It’s bound to be extremely uncomfortable whether you have PMS soreness or not and putting it off is not a great idea. You can’t be sure they’ll reschedule at a better time in your cycle as the service is hard-pressed at any time.

Keep your appointment and remember that most breast lumps are benign so don’t expect the worst unless you’ve already been given some indication by your GP.

I’ve got my mammogram next week. I hate them. I’ve tried wriggling out myself by asking for an ultrasound but to no avail. Every year - and I only have one boob. I’m just as reluctant as you but I’ll be there. It’s essential.

I hope it’s all ok. All the best x