So anxious

So my appointment is tomorrow and I’ve woken up so anxious. Pretty sure it’s going to be bad news and not sure how I will cope. Two of my children’s birthdays are coming up and all I can think about is how I’m about to destroy their world telling them something is wrong. I am so terrified that I won’t be here to see their next birthday. I’m not sure how I will be tomorrow especially since no one csn come with me. I hope everyone is doing ok, I find the weekend the hardest xx 

Hi, 

I know exactly how you feel…other than keeping yourself distracted until you are told what your results are, easier said than done!   So I do understand completely as im am feeling so sick to the stomach too.  It really is the worst emotional pain.  Sometimes I wonder if too much information can be harmful as we have all been googling im sure, but equally i was talking to my hubby this morning and in a way I wished all the team dealing with my scenario would tell me whats going on at the time and show me the calcifications on the screen, and talk me through it all…but i guess they cannot have that kind of relationship as you are in and out then the next person. 

There just seems to be no right or wrong way of dealing with emotions other than eventually you will know what the results are which is inevitable.  I read some good advice on here that you dont have cancer until they tell you. 

Us ladies keep punishing ourselves for something that’s out of our control we think the worst, we prepare for the worst. Yes i agree Sundays are the worst for over thinking things…fears are irrational behaviour, but at least you will tomorrow exactly what the results are. 

Just try to keep yoursrlf occupied as much as possible, ive just come back talking about it in Costa Coffee and chewing over worst case scenario and how I will need to shield.  My husband thinks I’m over reacting, ignorance us bliss!! 

I truly have everything crossed and hope your results come back OK, am here to chat anytime xx