Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting

7 REPLIES 7
Seabreeze

Re: Still waiting

Summer Dreamer,

Thanks for posting back again  - hopefully it won't grow - sounds like shrinking a tad would be good! 

Interested since I know fibroadenoma can look very similar to some types of bc on the mammo and ultrasound scans, showing as a solid dark mass. They were unsure about my lump until the results came through! Pleased the dice rolled in a good way for you.

Wasn't aware they were more common when younger - useful to know.

Relax and have a good evening.

All the best, 

Seabreeze 

SummerDreamer

The consultant said Fibroadenoma s are really rare at my age (I’m 54) much more common in women under 35. He said if it grows they will remove it. At the moment he just wants to follow up in 4 months.

xx

Seabreeze

Hi Summer Dreamer,

That's good news! I think that makes you an honorary guest visitor on the forum! 

Thank you for posting back - good to know plus, it's always helpful for others being tested to read posts from women who have had lumps which aren't bc.

Out of interest do they do anything for the fibroadema?

Seabreeze

SummerDreamer

Thank you so much Seabreeze, your positive vibes worked 😊 it’s a Fibroadenoma. Such a relief.

xx

Seabreeze

Hi Summer dreamer,

Will be beaming supportive vibes to you in the Channel Islands this pm. 

If you want to share your yay, or otherwise, do come back and post again. Loads of us here if needed : ) 

Seabreeze  

SummerDreamer

Thank you so much for your reply.

I’m in the Channel Islands so no NHS here. I’ve managed to get hold of the consultants secretary this morning and have an appointment this afternoon.

Thank you for your positive thoughts I’m keeping everything crossed 🤞 

Seabreeze

Hi Summer Dreamer,

Waiting for results can be really stressful. Things may have changed since I went through it 5 years ago, but most breast clinics arranged a follow up appointment at the breast clinic to provide the results of biopsy. That was usually a week after the mammo/utrasound/biopsy day, but I appreciate our NHS is even busier than back then so perhaps it takes a bit longer now, and maybe that's why you are still waiting? 

Did they tell you how you would receive the results? If they really thought it may be bc I'd be extremely surprised if they were thinking they'd give results by any means other than an appointment (although I am aware of the pressures on the NHS). Perhaps worth you making a quick call to the nurse at Breast Cancer Now on the number above (top right=hand side) to clarify how most hospitals approach provision of results.

Have you been put through to the breast clinic extension (or even the breast care nurse) as opposed to X-ray re mammo/ultrasound? Depending upon whether your appointment was via standard mammogram checks or you actively finding a lump type of referral to the breast clinic, your letter may have had the X-ray dept number on, as opposed to breast clinic no - I'm sure you've explained all this on the phone when trying to get through.

If you continue not to get through and not to hear anything you could try phoning or emailing the Patient Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital - their contact details will be on the hospital website.  They deal with complaints and issues and in my experience tend to be quite helpful and pretty rapid when need be.

I hope you hear soon and that you don't need to join our special club! However if you do, you will find lots of useful help, support, advice (space for groans and even humour) on the forum, from women at all sorts of different stages of their journeys, plus support from nurses via the telephone line and the forum ask a nurse section.

Sending a big virtual hug

Seabreeze x   

- PS nice forum name by the way! 

SummerDreamer

Still waiting

I had a biopsy 12 days ago and was told to expect results in a week. Still nothing and can’t get through to anyone by phone or email. I am driving myself mad worrying if no news is good news or if no news is a bad thing. Anyone else’s experiences?