cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told to prepare!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Told to prepare!

Hi Maria,

Thank you for messaging on here. I am now into cycle 3 of chemo with the third Friday just gone and am feeling not so bad at all. It was decided chemo before op in the end , the tumour has shrunk down to under a third of what it was after just three cycles so it couldnt be going better really . finished FEC so now onto T for the next three and it’s doable , bad days pass and you feel ok for a few weeks then a few more bad days.

How are you ? have you had a similar diagnosis to me Maria? Happy to talk through anything you feel you would like to I know it’s confusing and scary at the start. Lots of us in the June/ July chemo starters thread who are either starting or part way through treatment.
Best wishes
Karen
X
Highlighted

How are you feeling? Xxx
Highlighted

Hi All,

Thank you for your lovely replies 😀

I had my appointment today and it confirmed stage 3 cancer so the treatment plan is looking like chemo/ surgery/ radiotherapy depending on CT scan results which order. Consultant wants to go straight to surgery as a preferred option if scan is ok.
Actually feel quite calm about it all and want to get on and start treatment. Positive reaction from Dr who said the next nine months will be tough but he can see me coming through it the other side at this stage.
Decided it’s a nice weekend for camping and a BBQ so we’re off to relax a bit in the ☀️

Thanks again for your support and best wishes , start of a long road but such is life 🙄

Have a great weekend

Karen

X
Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Karen, Sorry to hear you are going through the dreaded wait for results, there is an awful lot of that involved initially and the stress of it all can make you feel quite ill, most ladies will report that they have aches and pains but it's mainly down to the worry of it all and nothing more  😊

If you are diagnosed you will be given a treatment plan which often involves surgery first although in some cases they treat first and remove after depending on size and type of the tumour, there will be more waiting on results after surgery and if any additional tests are required like a CT or MRI scan but this is all speculation right now as you don't have a definate diagnosis yet. 

One step at a time, get yourself to results day tomorrow and try not to stress about anything beyond that, it's all doable and as Ann says so many of us here are out the other side, I'm 3 years post diagnosis. 

Please let us know how you get on Xx Jo 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Karen,
Sorry to hear you’re going through this, but if bc is confirmed, then thankfully it will be sorted out.
We’ve all been through it here & come out the other side.
It is quite usual to get aches & pains, it’s usually anxiety & stress related & is commonly reported.
If you do get diagnosed, there is loads of support here, so do come back & chat or vent whenever you want.
Let us know how you get on.
ann x
Highlighted

Told to prepare!

Hey all,

Very first post and awaiting biopsy results after mammogram and ultrasound seemed to convince the radiologist I have BC. I have one lump in upper outer left Breast which wasn’t painful but hard, feels about an inch long and have no idea how I didn’t feel it before !
Hospital on Thursday to confirm it I guess and have a treatment plan put in place maybe.I was hoping I would be in quite soon but might I be in for further tests and waiting ? It’s been over three weeks to get this far and it seems an age already.
I also have a nagging pain in my neck is this usual as it is worrying me a bit as I have had it for some weeks and now think it’s connected?

Best wishes

Karen