Waiting for mammogram and ultrasound results!

Okay, I’ll start from the beginning. I’m a 32 year old mom of two, I have had a lump in my left breast just behind the areaola in the top left portion for going on two years. I feel like an idiot for waiting to have it checked. I live in the states and with covid happening and then being hit by 2 hurricanes in late 2020 that caused damage to our home and forced us to move while it was repaired! I asically I kept putting it off and had told myself it was probably just a cyst! 

Last month a close friend by chance found out she had breast cancer and has to have a double mastectomy this month, which caused me to start paying attention to the lump I had forgot I had. After examining it I realized it had grown in size double or possibly triple from the time I originally found it so I started consulting Dr.Google. The lump is fairly large about the size of a key lime, it is very hard, the lump is lumpy if that makes sense, it is fixed it does not move around and feels attached to surrounding tissue, the surrounding tissue feels more dense then my normal tissue, if I raise my arm my nipple puckers a little, and if I press on the outer portion of the lump inward toward the nipple it causes a large indention as if the lump is pulling the areaola inward! I had a breast exam by a general doctor last Tuesday she said that there was in fact a large lump that was hard and fixed she referred me to have a mammogram and ultrasound if needed. The mammogram appointment was today. They told me nothing and made sure I didn’t see the scans. After the mammogram they told me not to get dressed and had the radiologist look over the scans. They came back in and said the radiologist wanted me to do the ultrasound. During the ultrasound they took a lot of images of the lump and a few in the armpit area. So now I’m waiting to hear from the doctor to get the results and the not knowing and waiting is driving me crazy! 

Has anyone had similar lump symptoms? What did your lump feel like? Was it cancerous or did it turn out to be somthing else?! 

I’m grasping at straws! I know I wont know if it’s cancer until I get the results but I’m very much a control freak I need information I need to feel like I’m doing somthing instead of just sitting around waiting! 

Any information you are willing to share with me I will gladly accept! 

Hi @Sab28  

A VERY warm welcome to the Forum.  Sorry darlin’, I feel so UN-able to comment on your lump.  I’m sooo sorry you’re having these major concerns. It’s all TOTALLY understandable.  And I’m very sorry to hear about your friend too. 

How long do you have to wait for your results?? Please don’t Google. It’ll just increase your anxiety levels, reading about all kinds of things you MAY NOT HAVE, hey?? just try and keep yourself/mind distracted in whatever UP and POSITIVE ways you can, until you get your results.

Please do let us know your results when you get them, will you. I’m hoping all is good for you, but there are plenty of people HERE for support for YOU if not.

Delly X X

I’m so sorry you are going through this.