16 REPLIES 16
Bernard_BCN
Community Manager

Re: Waiting for referral

Thank you @dawn.s and @Evie-S ❣️

Evie-S
Community Champion

@dawn.s - that is a really kind of you to donate this great charity. I’m going to tag the forum team as they will be delighted to read this. 😘

@Bernard_BCN - I thought you and the admin team would like to read about dawn.s’s kind donation. 😊

Evie xx

dawn.s

@Evie-S @thank you for your message. 
you don’t sound bossy or doctor like at all, thank you for the advice. 
I have made a small donation to breast cancer now. X 

Evie-S
Community Champion

@dawn.s - that is wonderful news, I’m so happy to read your message. Thank you also for coming back on to update, not only for my interest, but it’s great for others at the same stage to read messages to underline the fact that not all lumps and changes are sinister.

I hope you have a special treat lined up and can now relax and move forward. At the risk of sounding bossy or like a doctor, make sure you continue to stay body aware. Very best wishes, Evie xx

dawn.s

All ok @Evie-S 

doctor who examine me was very rushed didn’t seem concerned couldn’t find the lump my gp found, and neither could the ultra sound. In and out in about an hour, thank you for your support x 

dawn.s

Thank you. I will let you know. Xx

Evie-S
Community Champion

@dawn.s - I am sending you hugs and good wishes for your appointment tomorrow. You will be nervous tomorrow so I would suggest you write down all symptoms you think of and any questions you have - I had to do that or my mind would just go blank! Please come back and let us know how it goes. We’ll all be right with you. Evie xx

dawn.s

I’m probably being really paranoid but the rash under my breast I initially went about, where the doctor found a small lump, has gotten worse, she gave me steroid cream which has stopped the itching. And I actually forgot to mention that in the mornings when I get up I get a small stabbing pain on my left breast on the side, it doesn’t last very long, and sometimes slight chest pain in the middle but slightly to the left. My appointment is tomorrow morning. 

dawn.s

I phoned the hospital and I don’t need one, it’s only for people going in for operations. Mine is an outpatients appointment. 

Evie-S
Community Champion

Your letter does sound like a generic one. I hope you have managed to get hold of someone to check on whether you need a covid test - I’m sorry I can’t help with that question, every hospital has its own rules I guess. Evie 🤗xx

dawn.s

I got the appointment letter in the post today. I’m assuming it’s a generic one because it says Certain tests will be a mammogram and or a ultra sound the doctor said I will probably have an ultra sound due to my age. 
and it says for patients having a procedure will be invited for a covid test a few days before. I’m assuming that applies to me? I was going to try and call them tomorrow. Because I ll have to take time off work 

Evie-S
Community Champion

Dawn.s - thank you for your kind reply. I’ll be thinking of you this week and next Monday - do keep in touch, and message any time you need. Remember my favourite Winnie the Pooh quote “Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you feel and smarter than you think”. Hugs, Evie xx

dawn.s

Bless you, thanks. 
I have my appointment on 22nd, a bit longer than I wanted but realistically it’s within 2 weeks. 

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi Dawn - thanks for the reply. I’m just checking in with you - no need to reply, but I just wanted to stress that we are here anytime you just need to chat. The waiting can be hard. Hugs, Evie xx

dawn.s

Hi Evie, thank you for the message, it’s hard waiting, sometimes I’m ok. Other times it’s all I think about. I’m still doing my weight training. And going to work distracts me sometimes. 

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi dawn.s - welcome to this lovely forum, though I’m sorry you find yourself here. I hope it won’t be long before you get the reassurance you are looking for, but hope we can all help you get through the horrible waiting time.

As I’m not medical I’m not going to even guess what your lump might be, but I would reassure you that the majority of lumps are harmless and your GP didn’t seem concerned. It’s important, in order to keep some sanity, to try to deal with facts rather than letting your mind race ahead or worse still start asking Dr Google.

Instead now is the time to try to keep yourself occupied, with plenty of treats and kindness. That might be chats with friends, box sets, walks in the country or eating chocolate - whatever works for you. Also any time you have a wobble and want to chat, just come on here - sometimes it’s easier to chat on here to people who have gone through it or are going through the same, rather than speak to friends and family.

I’m sending you big hugs, and do feel free to ask any questions - perhaps you might have some about the breast clinic process. Evie xx

dawn.s

Waiting for referral

Hi, I went to the doctors yesterday as I have been itchy near where my bra sits and there’s a small graze, on exam the doctor found a small lump in the same area where the bra sits, on the left, she said it was weird, she thinks it’s attached to my rib cage and didn’t know what to do, she said is probably a cyst, feels pea sized, and soft. She said the breast tissues it’s self felt fine.
She said I could go back and see her in a few weeks to be checked again and she said would I worry and I said yes, so she said she’d refer me to the breast screening. My grandma had breast cancer and died aged 63. No other history. My mum found a lump a while back and it was a cyst. She is now 64. I am nearly 37. Otherwise healthy. I have noticed I’ve lost a bit of weight I was always around 10st 8, not weighed myself for a while and I’m 10st 2. After I saw a friend and she thought I’d lost weight. I have quite a physical job in animal rescue and I lift weights. But I’ve never been able to loose weight, I’ve been vegan for 2.5 years. Sorry for the ramble!