Waiting on Core biopsy results

Hi

A few weeks ago I noticed a lump in my right breast and my doctor referred me to the breast clinic. When I got there 2 weeks later the consultant said it felt like glands. I had an ultrasound and they saw the lump straight away which measured at 1cm. They then did a core biopsy and took 3 sample of the tissue. Its been 10 days since and I still haven’t got the results I know they say 2 weeks but I’m worried sick and can’t take the stress anymore. The other day I did get a letter from the consultant saying about the tests and he called it a benign looking solid lump. But still no results and he said he would write to me with the biopsy results and if I get a call its cause I need surgery. I phoned up the breast clinic on Friday and they said the lab is behind in testing. I’m so scared I have breast cancer. I just feel so alone.

Hello Hunibuniboo

Sorry you find yourself here.  Waiting and worrying just the worst times. And weekends when it feels like there is no-one to phone or contact.

All your feedback so far sounds like it will be a good outcome for you, but no meds want to give you the wrong news - and 2 weeks I think, from experience, is pretty standard practice - but as you say, the labs are behind their usual pace.

I can only say, hold tight, come here and chat with others whenever you need to, because then you will see that you really are not alone.  I am in London, and the weather here is autumnal beautiful today - so if you can take yourself out for a walk, go for a coffee somewhere and watch the world go by, chat with nice people out there about the weather, maybe take a book to try to get lost in . . . .it won’t be the answer you are waiting for, but it might just help make the waiting a bit more bearable.  And going out walking can totally change our mindset.

Wish you all the best, and I am sure there will be someone along later who will be of much more help than I can be.  Warm hugs. . . . xx

Hunibunboo

Hello and welcome to the forum, it is not the place any of us choose to be but you will get loads of help and support from the lovely ladies on here.

This is the worst time waiting for your results and it is easy to let the anxiety monster take over your rational thoughts.  You will see on here that the majority of ladies who find a lump are told that they do not have bc and that is it something else which is benign.

Try to stay away from googling generally as there is a lot of out of date misinformation out there.

2/3 weeks seems about usual for biopsy results so hopefully you will hear something next week, in the meantime we are all here for you whenever you need us.

Helena xx

Thank you for your replies. I phoned up yesterday for results and they said to call today after the doctor have their meeting about biopsy results as I might be able to get my results then rather than wait for a letter. I’m bricking it.

I got good news I have fibroadenoma B2 which is completely benign thank god. Thank you all for messaging me and caring and I will certainly be raising money for cancer research soon x

Happy and relieved for you, Hunibuniboo.

Into the weekend now with a whole new bright world in front of you.  All the best always.  xx