Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on biopsy results

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Waiting on biopsy results

Thanks Jo

I'm actually in a pretty good place right now I am sure I will ha e bad days but I am feeling positive and strong just now. Hardest thing was telling family and especially my daughter but I got a book done like a comic book which is fantastic and has really helped answer questions for her. Just bought a diary/journal to use throughout for keeping appointments and ability to write things down.

X

Highlighted

Morning Joanne

Just checking in on you now you have results. You will find this forum a huge support if you need it. Hope scan goes ok on Monday.

Jo x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Joanne,

Sorry to hear you're joining us, it is such a huge shock when first diagnosed, but it will be dealt with now, but it is a bit of a whirlwind at first.

Do look at the 'going through treatment threads' & look at joining your monthly chemo thread where you will be able to chat & get support from others going through similar. 

Sending hugs

ann x

Highlighted

Unfortunately I got the dreaded bad news at my results today. Confirmed cancer, only 32 I think I shocked my consultant but its now a focus on beating it.

I have an MRI and Mammogram on monday to make sure it hasn't spread to anywhere else in my body. Then wait til next Thursday for those results. 

Chemo likely to start in next 2 weeks while they make a surgical plan and last radiotherapy unless test results throw up any unfortunate surprises xx

Highlighted

Morning!

The waiting is definitely the hardest part! 

After waiting for 10 days for results, once I knew what I was dealing with, I was able to put things into perspective and deal much better.

Let us know how you get on at your next appointment.

Jo xx

Highlighted

Thank you and I couldn't agree more that this has been the hardest part so far. 

I find this forum absolutely fantastic!

Thanks again for taking time to reply x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi, 

There is no easy way to wait on biopsy results, it’s the most stressful part in all of this. 

Just try to keep your days as normal and full as possible and keep reminding yourself that worry changes nothing, whatever is happening is happening and no amount of stressing over the what ifs will change that. That’s been a lesson hard learned! 

Our brains don’t cope well with all the uncertainty and in my case the minute I knew it was cancer I felt so much better in a strange way, the not knowing was brutal.

Dont give up hope that all will be well, they don’t always know by just looking and many ladies have been back to report a benign result when having been told the opposite was likely initially, please let us know how you get on X Jo 

Highlighted

Waiting on biopsy results

Hi all 

I first found my lump 4 weeks ago my gp reffered me and I was seen on Monday. The consultant put me at ease and said she had marked it at low risk but would still send me for an ultrasound which I got today.

During my ultrasound the Dr was a little more concerned as it was a solid lump (not sure why ) so she took a biopsy (4x) I had to get stitches and it certainly wasn't the most pleasent experiance. Anyway I then went back to my consultant who has confirmed it will be a week from today until my next appointment to get the results. My consultant shared that the ultrasound Dr had marked it as a higher risk than she did at my examination but it could still be a million different things.

The thing is I can't switch off the worry, I'm normally a very positive person always look on the plus side of everything but this has knocked me. I am having horrible dreams when I eventually do get to sleep. The strangest thing is I feel guilty about how worried I am and I don't want to talk to my family about it cos I don't want them to worry so I just pretend and it's hard.

Thanks for reading

32 from Glasgow