Wasnt concerned until I had appointment

Hi everybody. So I noticed a large indent in my right breast went to see the doctor who referred me under 2week pathway. Had my appointment on thursday. Consultant came in asked why I was there and examined me. He said he would send me for an ultra sound as it did feel different to my left one. Went back into waiting area. Got called back through and was told I was having both ultrasound and mammogram. These where done and then lady doing my ultrasound said that she couldnt see anything of concern which is great! She told me to wait back in the waiting room and the consultant would see me again to tell me the same. So I get called back in and I am told to put the cape on. I said i was told i am done. So they explained the consultant would Be in to explain further. He came back in and explained I would be having a biopsy. He felt my breast again and said he could feel something and having given me a birad grade of 3…after being told all was fine then ending up with a biopsy it has really thrown me! I am 32. Sorry for the long rant. Dont know what I expect from posting this.

Hi Clairex888

A big welcome to this lovely forum, and a big hug. I hope we can all help support you through this anxious time, and I really hope that it turns out to be benign/nothing to worry about.

I had a very similar experience to you 3 years ago, so I totally understand the roller coaster of emotions - unfortunately that lump turned out to be cancer in the end. Last year however when I had my annual mammogram they found another lump, so I had to have more scans and a biopsy, but thankfully this time it was a benign lump. Until the doctors have all the information from the scans and biopsies it is very hard for them to be 100% sure.

The best advice I received was to take one day at a time, or even one hour at a time, and to remember that “thoughts are NOT facts”. 

Please come back and keep chatting on here if that helps, which I hope it will, and please let us know when you have your results (if you feel like sharing of course). Everyone on here understands what you are going through, you can just talk and never need to explain. Much as family and friends want to help, unless they have been through something similar they don’t always “get it” or say what you want or need to hear.

My very best wishes, Evie xx

Hi Claire

This is a horrible situation to be in. I too went with “nothing to worry about” and ended with three worsening diagnoses before getting the picture. There’s an awful lot of waiting to be done in the world of breast cancer.

BUT there are two things to remember. 1. Most breast lumps and breast issues are not cancer (it’s a very big ‘most’ but I can’t recall the percentage) and 2. If it is breast cancer, at least it’s been discovered and you’re n the way to getting rid of it. Better that than it spreading without your knowledge. That’s cold comfort but it does make sense.

In the meantime, take very good care of yourself, particularly your emotional health. If you don’t already have strategies like running, mindfulness, meditation etc, I recommend plugging into Progressive Hypnosis’s Manifest Healing (free on YouTube). It’s seen me through the last 2 years. Just keep yourself relaxed. It IS possible!

Best of luck wit the results xx

Claire sending Sorry you find yourself on here but glad you’ve reached out to breast cancer now, do phone the number on here and speak to someone Remember till a professional tells you, you have breast cancer you do not have it. If when you get results you do, then please remember your team have seen it all before and they will tailor your treatments specifically for you As Evie said one day at a time But please do phone the number on here Breast Cancer Now is here for you and do post :two_women_holding_hands: we’ve got you, you are not alone, always people about day or night to just be there who understand :two_women_holding_hands: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :sparkles: :sparkles: Shi Xx