What should I expect at the breast clinic

Hello,

I’m 30 with some symptoms that might/might not be Inflammatory breast cancer (redness, bite mark, texture change to skin etc.) and have a 2-week referral to breast clinic. 

What should I expect whilst there? I imagine for IBC it will be an ultrasound and if necessary a biopsy? I don’t think they’ll do a mammogram for my age group? 

I don’t have a family history of cancer but I know that doesn’t necessarily mean anything. I don’t have kids to worry about but I am feeling anxious! 

Hi rosethistle 

I’m sorry you haven’t had a response to your post yet - I’m hoping that by posting one of our members will get back to you.

In the meantime, our website contains information on what you can expect at a breast clinic appointment breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/have-i-got-breast-cancer/what-expect-breast-clinic-appointment. 

You can also give our clinical speciaists a call on our free Helpline, which is open 9am-4pm Monday-Friday and Saturday 9am-1pm on 0808 800 6000.

All the best,

Bridie

Breast Cancer Care

Thank you guys, I’ll take a look at the leaflet! 

I haven’t got my referral letter yet but I phoned yesterday to check that the referral went out and it did last Friday (my GP appt. was on Thursday). Should I have received my appointment letter by now?