Why Am I still waiting?? Getting more anxious by the day now :-/

Hi newbie here

Have been waiting 4  weeks this week for my biopsy results,phoned hospital to see if they were back yet from the lab this was over a week ago and my consultants secretary said she would send him an e-mail to chase them up so I waited  but yet again nothing :(  so have just come off the phone with her again, had a little misunderstanding re: last letters received,  she is now chasing them up again and marking them URGENT as I have queried them twice now  ,Is this a good or bad thing?  Should I be worried??  Just phoned my GP’s surgery and spoke to the recephonist who confirmed the last letter they received was one confirming my biopsy and it been sent to the lab but no results back yet  :frowning:    I have tried to keep busy but now I am starting to feel anxious again. It was a punch biopsy I had done have no idea if this makes any difference where waiting times are concerned though.  Thanks in advance for any advice/help    

ChinaGirl

I am sorry that no one has responded to you before now, I have only just seen your post.

Can totally understand your anxiety and it is no wonder after everything you have been through already.

Have you heard anything back from hospital yet.  If not I would suggest that you call the main hospital number and ask for teh PALS team (Patient Advice and Liaison Team.  They will be able to chase up with the team to find out what is going on on your behalf.

Helena xx