Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windsor parapet waiting for 2 week referral

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Windsor parapet waiting for 2 week referral

Dear Annie

It was as I suspected. 8 mammogram pictures, ultrasound and core biopsy (3) and talk to surgeon who said it does not look good. Long wait now until the 4th for results (as the team doesn't meet until the 3rd) and very frightened. Vice-like fear of death and hurting my children. Trying not to Google anything. Just started a new job which I love too. X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Rosie, excellent news on the cancellation. Well done you.  I can relate to how you feel. It is three years this month since I was diagnosed, and I’m writing this from Lanzerote where I’m having a months holiday . So there you go, not the end of the world! Not going to sugar coat it, but if you have cancer then your treatment plan may be hard, doable, but hard. I’ve had an op, chemo and rads, and I’m here to tell the tale. This disease, although scary, is no longer the death sentence it was years ago. There are so many treatments available now, with more coming along as research moves forward . I cannot impress on you enough to stay away from the internet. Don’t second guess, and don’t think too far ahead. Your medical team, if you need one, are your champions. Your success is their success. So you need to trust them to do what is right for you, whatever the diagnosis . By all means keep your suspicions to yourself until you have your results. There is a pdf on here which helps you to explain to your kids what is happening, if you need it. There is also a good one explaining your pathology results, if you need it. Keep busy, read, walk, knit....whatever takes your mind off it. About the mammogram, it will not do anything to your lump, but it will be immediately obvious if it is cancer. Not that you will be shown it. You will be passed on to other professionals if it shows positive. For now, it’s big deep breaths, and one day at a time. Good luck with your appointment. Keep in touch. X

Highlighted

Thank you so much for replying Annie. I have just got a cancellation appointment for Thursday now thankfully as I am finding waiting terrifying. I have googled and all seems very negative for me at the moment. I almost don't care about dying compared to having to tell my sons as I don't want to hurt them. That makes me feel sick. I have a very big feeling that it is going to be bad news judging by what I can now feel and the doctor's response. I am worried about a mammogram squashing cancer and making it worse. I've never had one before despite being 52.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Rosie, the waiting is definitely the worst. However, two weeks is fairly normal, although mine was eight days. It does vary from Trust to Trust, and I think two weeks is just within the guidelines. Your brain does go madly in all directions wondering what is happening, but tumours, contrary to popular belief, do not grow that rapidly. Please stay away from Google. Info is well out of date, and always frightening, so come on here for advice. There is a lot of valuable information and support here. The pdf leaflets are great, but wait for your diagnosis. Until you’ve been examined there is always the chance that the lump is benign. I found it helpful to just stay very very busy doing lots of nice things. Take it one step at a time, and one day at a time. You can share your anxieties and fears here, knowing that there are so many that understand how you feel. You are not alone. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. Let us know how you get on. 🤞💐🍀

Highlighted

Windsor parapet waiting for 2 week referral

I went to my GP with a lump and she seemed very concerned and said it was not a cyst. She referred me urgently but the appointment is not until the 25th. Since then the lump seems bigger and painful - sort of burning but probably because I am so terrified. I can't believe I have only noticed it in the last month or so but it is big hard and irregular and everything the internet says is bad. I don't know how I'm supposed to wait and am scared about the appointment.