breat clinic appointment

Hi, i have an appointment at the one stop breast clinic at St john’s next Thursday as i have 3 breast lumps. What i would like to know is that if i have to have needle/biopsy, would i still be able to work that night? I work nightshifts.

Hi Lilly

peoples’ reactions to the biopsies do vary, so maybe better to err on the side of booking an annual leave or rest day just in case. As well as perhaps feeling a bit sore, the emotional impact of having all the diagnostics can be quite tiring and it might be better to be able to go home, have a glass of wine or a cuppa and curl up, rather than have to face a night’s work. It may be just me, but even when I’ve just been to the dentist I go home and have a 10 minute kip, and the biopsies I had did tire me out. One tip I learned from the lady who used to wax my legs was to take 2 paracetamol (nothing with aspirin in though) before any  potentially uncomfortable procedure, and i routinely do this before mammograms (and anything similar, like biopsies) which seems to help. All the best for next week. X

Hi Lilly, I agree that booking the evening off would be a wise move, If you were to end up with 3 separate biopsies you may be feeling a bit battered and bruised, everyone does react differently but I was told to go home and rest and emotionally that’s all I felt like doing with a very big glass of wine! 

Hopefully all will be well then you can still treat yourself to that drink to Celebrate! Xx Jo 

Thanks for getting back to me. Think i will take the night off