feeling a bit anxious!

Hello lovely ladies

What an amazing website – so much information and support.

I am 48, no kids and am prone to cysts having had a number over the years which have had to be drained. About 2 years ago I had a particularly large one above my left nipple which they were unable to get any fluid from and so took a biopsy.  This came back with atypical cells and so had another biopsy and MRI.  These both came back clear and the consultant was very reassuring and discharged me just to keep an eye out for any changes.

So here I am 2 years later and I have noticed a change – above left nipple again. Doesn’t feel like a cyst this time but also doesn’t feel like a lump, more like a hardness.  Wasn’t too concerned at all – figured it’s maybe an old cyst I’m feeling but better to get it checked out.  Went along to the GP last week fully expecting him just to do a routine referral to the breast clinic.  He’s referred me urgently though and said hopefully it’s just a cyst, although not very convincingly which has freaked me out a bit.   I know chances are it will most likely be another cyst but there’s just that wee bit of doubt at the back of my mind. 

Now playing the waiting game to be seen.  No appointment yet – GP said 2 weeks so hopefully that will be the case.

Thanks for reading ladies – sorry for the long post!

Hello Gilks17,

Welcone and sorry you find yourself here in the same breath. Don’t apologise for a long post, it does not matter. Better to get it out!!

Yes it is usually supposed to be up to 2 weeks for urgent referral - the waiting is crap so hope you manage to get an early one. . I do hope it is yet another benign cyst or similar so fingers crossed for you. If it does turn out to be a type of breast cancer, then at least you can congratulate yourself for noticing and getting it checked out early on.

I know it may be difficult, but amidst all your niggles, just try and carry on with life as normally as you can and be kind to yourself.
I hope you let us know how you get on.

Take care,
Chick ? X

Thanks so much Chick.  Really appreciate the reply.  Trying to be positive and keeping myself busy but every  now and then creeps to the front of my mind again.  Hopefully won’t have too long wait and I will let you know how it goes xx

So breast clinic phoned this morning - got an appointment on Thursday at 9am.  Feeling really nervous now but glad I’m being seen quickly.  Amazing service - only saw my GP last Wednesday!

Will report back on how it goes xx

Thank you ladies.  Loving the tough pants Helena :heart:

Hi ladies

Thank you so much for your kind words and support.  Thankfully it was just more cysts. Four big ones aspirated today. Had mammogram, ultrasound and FNA all done and dusted at clinic within 2 hours. Absolutely incredible service and so thankful for our NHS. Feeling a bit sore and tender but so relieved. 

Keep up the good work ladies and take very good care of yourselves xx