Am I going mad! indent, lump, thickening!

Hi all,

So several months ago as i was scratching my breast, i found a small pea size lump, i did a breast self exam and follwed instructions to the rule, I could not feel the lump when checking myself the way it has been advised. I can only feel the lump when arms are down, it appears deep and doesn’t move around. So I’ve not bothered going to GP thinking its probably a fatty lump or bit of breast tissue. Many months later painless lump which is difficult to find is still there. Over last couple of months I’ve noted breast thickening on same breast not near lump, I’ve also noted what looks like a slight dimple/faded bruise which disappears when arms are raised and finally the breast with the issues feels smaller/fuller, so there’s an assymetry not huge but when I ook in the mirror I can see it. I’ve questioned if assymetry has always been there and I’ve only noticed it because I’m paying attention to the breast.
Despite the above I’ve not been worried coz my periods are a bit irregular, i had surgery for an para overian fibroma over a year ago, I also have endometriosis which isn’t severe. Just put tbe above to being hormonal. Now ive started with a bit of an ache, again nothing to write home about but wondering if I need ro be worried. I don’t want to waste my GP’s time, particularly due to difficulty in getting the overian fibroma and endo diagnosed, I’ve been put off going to the GP worried I’ll be viewed as a time waster (irrational i know). What should I do, should i be worried?

I’d advise getting it checked out by your GP.
You will only keep worrying otherwise. Don’t worry about wasting your GPs time, I hope all goes well xxxx

Nina83

It is never wasting your GPs time to get any changes to your breast checked out, if nothing else it will give you peace of mind.  They should never make you feel like you are wsting their time, that is what they are there for.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of benign breast conditions it does not mean that you have breast cancer.

Make that appointment so that you can stop worrying about it my dear

Sending you hugs xxx