Breast Cancer? After finding multiple lumps?

Hey ladies, I’m a little young, I’m 15 years old and before I visit my doctor I thought I should ask for everyone’s opinions to give me a piece of mind. 
About 2 weeks ago I noticed a lump in my breast that had sprung up. As I was checking it I felt that lump which is quite large, then on the other breast I noticed a smaller lump but in the same place. Both breasts also have a lump in the same position and place which are similar size. They feel a bit painful and achey but not too bad. I thought I could wait until my next period but my periods are still very irregular because of my age. 
I have bad health anxiety so this is wrecking my head haha! I’m quite worried and will see a doctor, however can some of you please give me a piece of mind? 
Thank you. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie ,the chance of your breast lumps being something concerning at your age is very very tiny .The vast majority of breast lumps even in older age groups are benign.Please make an appointment to discuss with your GP - unfortunately at the moment GPS are not able to see most people face to face but they can refer you to the breast clinic for an ultrasound to put your mind at rest .Jill x

Hi Maddie

I taught health education to girls of your age for many years so forgive me if I appear to ask a patronising question. I’m assuming you haven’t been examining your breasts for long and probably haven’t been shown how to do it properly so… are you certain the lumps you feel are not the unexpected bumps we feel in our rib cage, particularly where the cartilage is? Just checking because you say there’s a corresponding lump in your other breast and ribs often do feel irregular beneath each breast.

Breast cancer at your age would be very very rare but that’s no consolation when you have health anxiety so you need to get it checked out. Unfortunately you can’t just pop into a clinic to see a nurse or a GP to have things checked out in the current situation - your GP might invite you to the surgery for an examination. They might, if they know of your health anxiety, suggest ways to address the anxiety but you’ll still poke and prod so I hope you get checked by someone who understands breasts and can show you how to examine them properly. It might be hormonal changes (you say you haven’t yet settled into a regular cycle). It might be that you have poked and prodded so much that your breast tissue has become tender. But pain isn’t, surprisingly, a symptom of breast cancer.

Just remember that most breast lumps turn out to be harmless. Maybe they are unusual at your age because girls tend not to examine their breasts. I know when I taught girls how to do it, many recoiled at the idea and there was little uptake but I hoped I was planting a seed of good sense for the future. Congratulations on being aware of breast health but let’s hope you’ve jumped to wrong conclusions this time. Regardless, it’s important to do something about your health anxiety now, before it develops into something stronger and harder to put right. A life of anxiety is not recommended (speaking as a lifelong phobic). Take care,

Jan x