Breast lump and swollen lymph node

Hi everyone,

About 7 months ago I was referred to the breast clinic for a lump I found in my left breast. It was very small (pea sized) and they struggled to find it on ultrasound. Said it was just breast tissue but to come back if anything changed. 

About 2 months ago I noticed it had got bigger  (about the size of a large grape) and 2 weeks ago (6th Feb) I went to the GP about something unrelated. Whilst there, she checked up on my breast lump and told me it didn’t feel normal so has referred me again. Unfortunately I got lost in the system and after lots of chasing I have finally got an appointment But have a month of waiting (won’t be until the 4th March). 

However, in the last 24 hours I have noticed my lymph gland in left left armpit (same side as breast lump). It is very large and is a little sore. I’m obviously very worried and stressed out as everywhere I look, this is a sign of BC and that it has spread! I’m now worried as I don’t have an appointment for another two weeks and three days after I’m off to India for 3 weeks. Is there any advice on what I should do?? And if I should be this worried?? 

Chris

Hi Chris,

…&breathe…

Inievitably, when googling symptoms, all roads lead to bc when mostly it isn’t.

So if you have, it’s best to step away from it for now as it will not reassure & it will make any anxiety worse for no good reason.

Chances are all’s well anyway & it’s probably related to what was seen before.

There’s nothing more you can do now, although it’s horrible waiting for appointments, just carrying on as normal & keeping busy can help.

If you want to, let us know how you get on.

ann x