Brown mark on breast

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is anything to worry about or not but I discovered a brown mark on my breast at the beginning of the year. The surface area has grown a little and has changed colour to a light brown. It feels a bit raised off the skin. It doesn’t hurt but I have been getting a sharp shooting/pulling pain from my nipple sometimes. The breast with the mark on often feels a bit tender to touch, not just when it’s my menstruation cycle.  
I phoned my Dr on Thursday but I am still waiting for his call back. 
Should I be worried? 

Hi Twinkle, welcome to the forum .You have done the right thing by contacting your doctor as any breast changes need checking out .The vast majority of lumps and changes are not cancer - if you have a look through the other threads in this section you will see lots of people coming back to say that after lots of worry their changes /lumps were found to a have a " non cancer " explanation .Its hard not to think the worst I know but worrying yourself sick will not change anything at all - stay away from google it’s not helpful and just gets you more and more anxious .Try to keep busy and distract yourself until you are able to discuss this properly with your doctor .Please also remember that if it did turn out to be breast cancer the vast majority of us diagnosed are successfully treated and are still around to tell the tale.Best wishes .Jill x