70392members
370324posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do indents in breasts get larger if it's something to worry about?

4 REPLIES 4
bluedaisies

Re: Do indents in breasts get larger if it's something to worry about?

They've only put in a referral for ultrasound for now. I'm convinced that it's some weird skin aging thing, in my 30s ha. My primary doc didn't even look at it or feel for anything, just gave me the referral. Though this morning I swear it looked like the retraction, dimpling, whatever you want to call it - had spread or gotten a little larger? I'm going to go with cellulite til they tell me otherwise. 🙂

Jobey68

It’s good you have an ultrasound booked, Mammograms are not always helpful in younger women, I was 46 when diagnosed and mine was clear because I have mixed density tissue and my cancer was very small so it couldn’t be seen. It was found by Ultrasound.

Have you been referred to a breast clinic? They tend to do mammograms as well as part of their tests so you are likely to get one anyway Xx  

bluedaisies

I have an ultrasound scheduled the beginning of Feb. Couldn't believe the wait was that long... I'm trying to get them to do a mammogram as well. But since I'm only in my mid 30s, my doc is putting up a fight over it. 

Jobey68

Hi Bluedaisies, 

The simple answer is get it checked out. You won’t be wasting anyone’s time and now you have seen something you won’t be able to un see it and it will niggle away at you if you leave it.

Its highly likely to be perfectly normal for you and nothing at all to worry about but on the slim chance that it may be something more serious there is no sense in waiting. Xx 

bluedaisies

Do indents in breasts get larger if it's something to worry about?

I've always done my self checks, but VERY rarely did the whole 'raise the arms above the head and check for visual changes' thing. I happened to actually do this yesterday and notice a small indent on the inner side of one breast. 

My question is if I follow the 'wait and see' rule - do these indentations get worse over time if they're something to actually be concerned about? I'd hate to go to the doc and have them not even see it.