Indent in breast - any advice?x

Hi all, 

I’m new to this so hope I’m posting in the right place! 
I phoned my GP yesterday with concerns about my breast - I recently noticed a small indent (as if someone jabbed me with their finger and it stayed) in my right breast. I can’t feel any lumps myself and I don’t think I have any particular pain, though I do feel slightly more ‘aware’ of my breast, though I know this could possibly be in my head. Other than the dent, there are no skin changes and the dent disappears when I raise my arms.

I described this to my doctor and without seeing me (I assume due to Covid-19) he has referred me to a breast clinic. I haven’t had the call/ letter for an appointment yet but I’m worried sick! I just wondered if anyone has had a similar experience or if breast indents can ever be benign? The internet is a scary place right now!!

For reference I’m 26 years old with no family history but I know this doesn’t make it impossible!

Hi CS1994, and welcome to the Breast Cancer Now Forum. I hope you find useful information and support here!

You sound concerned about the dent in your breast. I wonder if speaking to our nursing team would help address your concerns while you wait to hear from the breast clinic.

You can reach us on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm). The team is very friendly, and always happy to chat about anything that’s on your mind.

Sending our love

Bernard

I just wanted to hop back on here in case anyone finds this thread in their searches!

I went for my breast clinic appointment today and all clear :slightly_smiling_face:

I had a scan and a doctor have a good feel and they came to the conclusion that it’s caused by thin breast tissue and the rib on my right side poking out slightly more, essentially further wearing away at the breast tissue over time.

They did make a point though of telling me that this of course CAN be a sign of BC and that a lot of people don’t necessarily check for this.

A shout-out also to the fantastic NHS - the hospital was so well organised and considering the current situation I felt so safe and at ease.

Sending all my love to anyone who finds themself on this forum right now xx

Hi I am currently going through the same thing. I had a pulling tearing pain in my right breast. It has calmed down now but my breast is still sore to touch at times. I found some puckering causing a dent in the spot it is sore. I went to my GP and she can’t feel a lump but said I need to have mammogram and ultrasound. I Dr Googled and have scared myself, everything indicates cancer. I can’t find anything that states puckering is not cancer. I am 45 and have 3 kids. I have had lots of ultrasounds and mammograms in the past due to lumps but never had anything like this before. The puckering is on the side of my breast and can’t be seen standing front on. I am now panicked as I don’t know how long its been there. I had a clear mammogram and ultrsound just over 3 years ago. I can’t get an appointment for 2 weeks and have gotten myself in such a state.

Hi, 

I was looking to reach out to woman on this post. My wife went to the doctors last week as she has found a lump in her left breast. There are two further factors that have us worried sick to our stomach. She has had an indent at the bottom of her breast for a while now she has told me. We have also noticed 2 very prominent red dots. As the norm we have check google and it has her diagnosis as a rare aggressive cancer. 

The doctor has said it could be just to do with the tissue as he had a good inspection. We have also just had a baby and i am hoping it has a lot to do with all of the changes she has gone through with her breasts.

We live in Scotland and just wondered if anyone knows of timescale or if anyone can give me some words of comfort? I know my wife is worried sick as am i.

I forgot to say my wife has been referred and is only 37 with no family history. Does anyone know how long referrals can take in Scotland?

Thanks