cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverted nipple no lump

41 REPLIES 41
Worried183

Re: Inverted nipple no lump

Hi, I know you posted a couple of years ago but I just wondered, when you were told you had this, did you have any pain with it at all in your breast? X 

Worried183

I know you posted this a few years ago so I don’t know if you’ll receive this message. I was just wondering, when you were diagnosed with this, was your only symptom the inverted nipple? Or was this accompanied by some pain or any swelling/harder areas on your breast? 

CJ65

You have thrush, apparently its quite common with inverted nipples. Doctor gave me some thrush cream to clear it up.

Hope this helps.

Jill1998
Community Champion

Yes obviously you need to get this checked out -very probably nothing sinister but there is something going on that needs checking .
Delcar

Hi, I just found this site.. I've had a right inverted nipple all my life.. I've also had a white smelly discharge in it too.. I've had my nipples pierced twice and it made my nipple pop out, but I've taken the bars out and now the discharge has gotten worse and the smell has too... I don't have a problem with itching, just the discharge and smell. I'm 59 years young... I'm guessing I need to head to a doc and have them check it out. Anyone else have a smelly discharge???
Jill1998
Community Champion

😃
ladybowler
Community Champion

Jill

Not the first time we have done that 🙂 🙂 xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

You read my mind Helena !!
ladybowler
Community Champion

Kate

Have you been to see your GP to get it checked out?

xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Have you had investigations Kate ?
Kate777

I’m having the same issues— I am 57
Kate777

I am 57 and have the same issues... just recently itching ??
Kate777

Same... scares me.
Kate777

I have the same issue...
mehus

I have a L breast inverted nipple, no lumb, normal 3d mamo, normal c-scan. no discharge, nothing.

Radioglist remends seeing a surgion

Jill1998
Community Champion

May be worth going back if it's still happening.
Cazzy

I noticed some time ago that was left nipple was inverted but easily teased back out... I didn't think anything of it but was becoming more frequent. I went to see the doctor but nipple wasn't inverted at time, she thought maybe it's my bra although it happens without bra. Went for mammogram which to my relief was fine. It's still happening and not sure weather to see the doctor again?.
Jill1998
Community Champion

R u having similar issues Cazzy ?
Cazzy

This really has helped, thank you....

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Amy ,I would go back and ask for second opinion .it is probably nothing to be concerned about but there is a type of breast cancer that affects the nipple(Padgets disease ) and as it is quite rare it is not always diagnosed straight away.I hope you get some reassurance soon.Let us know how you get on.Jill.
Amyturtle

Hi, I too have inverted left nipple. Happened august 2016. Went to docs at once and was referred to clinic immediately, less than one week. Had Mammo and ultrasound and found no lumps. Was told this was common in older women. I am 67. Since then my nipple has had slight infection and also itches from time to time. I can manipulate it out but it goes back in again . Thought better go to docs again!.
Sue C
Community Champion

Hi
After having cancer treatment on my right breast, I've noticed that I've been waking up with an inverted nipple on my left breast. This has always inverted sometimes but not every morning. Panicking now😢
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Kurstgol,

It's good you have been referred to the breast clinic so that it can be properly checked out.

The clinic is for all breast conditions not just cancer.  At your age, bc would be the least likely reason for the breast change, but in view of your family history, it's sensible to get it properly checked out.

Just try to put it out of your mind until the appointment.

ann x

Kurstgol

Hi, I'm 21 years old and my left nippe has inverted, alongside this I have a rash under my left arm, it's very itchy. I went to the gp this morning and she has referred me to the breast cancer clinic, I am now awaiting an appointment. I have a long history of breast cancer in my family. Is this something I should be worrying about?
Paperheart

Hi,

I'm not sure if you still need advice but I wanted to tell you my story to hopefully offer some reassurance to you or anyone who comes to this thread in future. 

I am 33 years old and I have two young children. I discovered that one of my nipples was inverted, sometimes just on one side of the nipple and sometimes in the centre, like a volcano! I could tease it out but most of the time it was in. I went to the doctors and she said that she couldn't feel any lumps but because of the inverted nipple she would refer me to the hospital on an urgent two week appointment as the nipple could be a sign of cancer. I was terrified and the two weeks seemed like forever. 

When I got to the hospital a nurse checked me over and I was sent for an ultra sound on my breast. The end result was that my ducts have changed as a result of the natural aging process and maybe as a result of having two children. This is what is pulling the nipple in and there is no evidence of anything cancerous or worrying. In short, all my fear was for nothing and I was fine. 

Everyone should get checked and I'm really glad that I did but but I wanted you to know that it may end up being nothing. Good luck 🙂

Jill1998
Community Champion

Best get it checked Vick .Probably nothing to worry about but better to get a doctors opinion ,it will only worry you if you don't get looked at .Jill.
Vickstachick

Hi yesterday I noticed my left nipple was inverted it came out on its own and I hoped it was a one off. This morning was again inverted and as I check throughout the day it is inverted but comes out. I now have the strangest very slight sensation slight soreness but only slight. I will call docs in morning ... Just don't know what to think really ..
carolynr

what if  ive never been pregnant but i have inflammed milk ducts 

classic12

hi I have recently found inverted nipple on my left. appear no other lumps. have appointment breast clinic this wed . crapping my self. but after reading all your posts I don't feel alone.
but I not sure right now , but if bad I almost think I would be stronger doing this by
my self , rather than trying to share with husband and kids ?
Optimissy64

Hi cecile

you're bound to feel worried, especially if you have been Googling. The only way to stop being worried is to go to your GP as soon as you can and you should be referred to the breast clinic within 2 weeks, then they can do tests to establish what your lump might be. There are MANY benign breast conditions that are not cancer and the diagnostic tests will be able to establish that. If it is breast cancer then you will have got diagnosed at the earliest possible time after noticing the lump and can begin treatment - there have been immense strides made in treating breast cancer in recent years so having a diagnosis does not have to be a catastrophe.(and you might not have it!) Get to your GP and let us know how you go on. x

cecile

I am also new here. I've had an inverted nipple for quite some time but didn't think it would have to do with cancer. I can feel a pea size lump in behind. I can't seem to focus on anything but worrying about this now, after doing a lot of reading on possible causes.
Patriciamay

Hi over70

Sorry to hear you have had this test today.  I just wanted to pop in and say my mother in law had BC at aged 74.  She is 80 now and just been given the 5 year all clear. The hospital treated her the same as they treat anyone with her condition.  Good luck for your results it would be good to know what they are what ever the outcome. Xxx

Over70

Today l took my inverted nipple to the breast clinic. Mammogram showed nothing but scan found an  area and had core biopsy. Now need MRI when bruising improves. This is yet a another wait. 

The consultant didn't really give much hope that the result would be anything but cancer.

Good luck to all the ladies as worried as me. 

I may be older but still want to live life to the full.

Carol Bell

Hi there. Like you my left nipple started to invert. I noticed no lumps but my GP refered me for an urgent appointment. After a scan on all the area and under the armpit I was told that it was due to inflammed milk ducts. Just have to live with it but nothing serious was found. I hope things go well for you at your appointment. Take care

Gillkc

I've recently noticed that my left nipple has started to invert. I went to see my GP on Friday now awaiting to get an appointment. I feel very confused as I have no other symptoms. I am new too third site and saw someone with the same thing

CassieB

No advice really except to say that you've done exactly the right thing. Scary but it is so much better to check it out.

I had an inverted nipple and showed it to the doc who said it was nothing to worry about. However, several months later the routine Mammogram revealed a little lump. It has now been removed, I've had 15 sessions of radiotherapy and am as right as rain. What I'm trying to say is, it is scary while you're going through the checking period but getting it sorted early on means that it will all be in the past so much quicker.

My other thought is that I trust my doc to send me for a checkup if he thought it was significant so I assume that sometimes an inverted nipple is nothing to be concerned about. Good luck.

Let us know the outcome.

linda

I have a sometimes inverted nipple waiting on appointment for breast clinic. I am 52 and going through the menopause hoping it is something to do with that. I have no other symptoms any advice.
Doodles123

Jane and B

Thank you for replying. I'm going through alternate feelings of being optimistic, then fearing the worse. I just want to know either way what is going on! Shouldn't really complain as i saw my GP at 9.10am on Monday and my appointment is before 9am on Monday coming, so technically less than a week!

Take care xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Doodles

I have similar symptoms on my left breast, nipple change, itchyness also a slight swelling under my arm. I am awaiting news of a core biopsy. The whole of March has been taken up with Gp, Consultant to visits to Breast Clinic: my whole thought process is taken up.

I hope everything goes well for you and you are right this site is wonderfull. The very fact you can express your feelings of anxiety and 9/10 someone else is/has experienced similar emotions.

Good luck for next week.

B

Guest user
Not applicable

hi doodles i like you noticed that my nipple became inverted and the skin around had started to pucker but i could feel a thicker area around my nipple that was bigger than my other. they say if when you touch your nipple and you can bring it back out that is a good sign, mine didnt.i was dx in jan with lobular grade 3 i had an mx on the 3rd feb.its a very frightening time and i think ive felt every emotion there is but you will cope if it does turn out to be bc but hold off on thinking too much if you can. im awaiting ct results and have an appointment with my onc on the 28th. if you need to talk pm me and i,ll help with any questions you may have. lots of hugs jane xxx

June_BCC

Hello Doodles123

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very worrying time for you, I’m sure the users of the site will be along to support you soon.

You may also like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Doodles123

Inverted nipple no lump

Hello. I'm new to the site and have to first of all say I already feel better for having found it! On Saturday I noticed that my right nipple was inverted, it has never done this before. Since then it has either been inverted or flat, not like it usually is so this is definitely a change. I did the sensible thing and saw my GP first thing on Monday morning. He referred me to the breast clinic and I got an appointment in yesterday for Monday coming. Cannot believe how quick but at the same time this has been the longest few days ever! I'm really wanting to hear from anyone who has had inverted nipples but no lumps (although the GP said my right breast was grittier than my left?). I feel like if there was a lump there would be more chance of it being a cyst or something else but when I google 'sudden inverted nipple' there doesn't seem to be much else it can be. Also when I think on it now my nipple has been itchy occasionally but I put this down to the bra I was wearing and never gave it much thought. I also have thought my breast looked a bit different on the odd occasion, like more straight edged than curved if that makes since? But on lifting it and looking closer thought I was imagining it. Both the things never worried me at the time at all but as soon as I say my nipple inverted I freaked out. It's just now thinking back over past few months little things are piecing together. Any thoughts???