Is this likely to be a recurrence?

Hi

I was diagnosed with triple neg breast cancer in October 2009, I had chemo and a mastectomy.  I then had my other breast removed 12 months later, mum is currently on her 3rd bc, so it was preventative.

I have just found a small lump on my collar bone, affected side, I have an appointment with breast unit on 1st April, which feels like for ever.

Anyone any similar experience?  Its such a long time since first diagnosis, although mums 3rd was 10 years later and was a local recurrence. 

Hi Hill2boys,

I cannot answer you but just wanted to reach out and give you a virtual hug while you are waiting for a response from someone who may be better placed to reply.

I totally understand you saying 1st April seems like forever away…it isn’t but I get it…I was diagnosed in 2014, oestrogen positive, so not the same, but did have a near miss ‘highly suspicious’ secondary scare a few years later, which took what felt like ages to get clarity on (multiple scans and big gaps being during a summer when machines kept breaking down and staff on hols (yes an alien world of hols)! Turned out be be fractured ribs…I hadn’t realised I’d ever fractured them and didn’t know I’d aggravated such an old injury. So I totally understand your feeling during the waiting period.   

I hope you can manage to distract yourself a tad till your appointment and results of any tests. In the meanwhile it sounds like it might be worth you ringing the BCN nurses on the no at the top right hand side of the screen to have a chat about it? They might be able to clarify any other possible causes of a lump in that location on your collar bone as well as general support?

Really hope it’s not a recurrence.

Sending you a big virtual hug,

Seabreeze x