Lump in my breast

Hello,

I Hope you’re all ok, I was very unsure whether to message on her but I suffer really bad health anxiety and am really worried.

About two weeks ago I noticed a lump in my right boob, it was sore but I was due on my period so I just put it down to that. 

I came off my period over a week ago now and  it still hasn’t gone it seems to have got bigger. It hurts when I lay on my right side so I try avoid it as much as I can.

I kept thinking it was in my head and I’m just over reacting, I got my boyfriend to feel it but he said it feels the same.

I’ve also recently lost over a stone and my boobs have got smaller so he said it’s probably due to that but I know in my gut feeling it’s not.

I’ve been to my friends house today and she felt it straight away and said it’s really hard and big, I’m really worried now.

I’m going to try get a doctors appointment tomorrow but with COVID my doctors is really hard now to get a face to face visit.

Has anyone else had anything like this before? 

From Kirsty,

xXx

Hi Kirsty. 

90% of breast lumps are benign. Try and hold that thought.

You’re doing exactly the right thing seeing your doc.  I have a lump.  Although I had to log an online request, then do a telephone appointment, I was still seen face to face.  At my surgery there was a maximum number allowed in the waiting area and I had to spend some time in a tented porch.  Then it was face coverings, hand gel and temperature checks. 

For me GP did a physical examination and said as there was no redness or heat she didn’t think there was an infection.  I’ve been referred in as I think is standard and have my appointment on weds, so I’m not the right person to answer questions on that stage. 

You’re doing the right thing getting checked out. 

Ariom x

Hi Kirsty - I’m so sorry to read about the lump you have found, but really glad you have found this site and forum and hope we can all help you. You have already received some good and reassuring advice from Ariom22 - so I just wanted to drop in to say I agree with her and to send you a big hug.

Please come back on here and chat or ask any questions at any time. Try to keep away from Dr Google if you can. I hope you will get some reassurance very soon. Evie xx

First of all. Take a deep breath and exhale slowly, that should help your anxiety. A lump can be really concerning. Even with COVID-19 you will be seen face to face as surgery will be COVID safe. Staff are trained to deal with the problems and concerns and, can arrange any referrals as necessary. Hopefully you’ll be able to access the help you need x