Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the forum

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: New to the forum

Sillyfrog 👍👍😘😘💃🏻💃🏻🕺🕺💃🏻💃🏻That’s wonderful news so pleased for you. Keep vigilant though and spread the word to friends and family about being vigilant and checking regularly that goes for everyone teenagers upwards as people are being diagnosed in their 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Wishing you safe recovery from your heart op ❤️❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi All,

had examination/mammogram/ultrasound done. All happy that it is fat necrosis from the trauma caused by the echo so very relieved. One major illness is enough in one year!

thanks for the support xxx

🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sillyfrog, so glad your doctors got you appointment sorted for next wed. That’s shocking I thought for emergency screening they had to see you within 2 weeks? I am sure that’s what it should be for none routine mammo’s? At least you are being seen ❤️It’ll give you peace of mind. Keep 💪💪💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Update:

hospital called me today. Told me they had a new booking system that wasn’t working correctly - and in fact I don’t have an appointment tomorrow, there’s no clinic running tomorrow. Unbelievable. Then, it gets better - the lady told me they’ll be in touch in 6-8 weeks, massive backlog and waiting list.

i called GP and she has booked me into a different hospital, appointment next weds now.

sign of the times, such a shame how the NHS is being eroded. I’m lucky, my GP surgery is truly fantastic, no doubt many people just get left waiting. Survival of the richest.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi silly frog 👍your docs taking all precautions that’s wonderful news 👍👍and we’ll done you for being vigilant and getting it looked at 👍please let us know how you get on Thursday 👍💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Shi,

GP is pretty sure it’s a haematoma from the bruising, but wants to be on the safe side so I’m at Breast Clinic Thurs morning.

cant imagine the bruising a mammogram will make!

thanks for asking x

🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sillyfrog hows today gone ❤️💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi sillyfrog, sorry didn’t know nurse had closed down your other thread 🙄they should see you tomorrow or next day at docs, explain you suspect a lump they will get you in. Don’t be fobbed off either, my doc thought it wasn’t anything but because of family history referred me, thank God. 👭plenty of support on here for you, please let us know how you get on tomorrow 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

Hi Shi,

yes, I saw the replies, thank you. The thread has been closed, and following my touching base with the cardiac nurses, I will need to see GP, so I thought I’d post ‘properly’ in case anyone is in the same boat as me currently.

thanks again 🙂

🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi silly frog again, the nurse has replied to you as have a few others to your other thread new with a question which you started a couple of days ago with the same info. 💕💕Shi xx

Highlighted

New to the forum

Hi all,

i normally hang hang out on heart health forum, following a heart attack in April, and ongoing work on my heart to turn it into less of a time bomb, and more of the lively, useful organ it should be, just doing nice normal heart stuff.

A week and a half ago I had quite complex work done, which required them to do quite a brutal echocardiogram immediately afterwards to check I wasn’t leaking from anywhere that would be quite bad. I’m on lots of very boring drugs since my heart attack, including 2 anticoagulants. This means I’m REALLY good at bruising. So there were no surprises when the hugest bruise developed on my left boob. I hadn’t noticed but DH nearly had a heart attack himself when he saw it (or maybe it was the shock at getting a glimpse of my boobs).  Later I had a look and in the flesh underneath it there’s a 2-3cm bumpy hard small sausage lump.

I’m hoping it’s part of the bruise but I spoke to my cardiac nurses this morning and they are doubtful. So I will be making appointment with GP tomorrow. I’ve had a fibroadenoma before, a cyst before and a couple of benign clusters of microcalcifications, and I’m aware 9/10 are nothing to worry about.

it just feels a bit sucky to even have to look into it following more blue light trips in ambulances than I ever imagined, and looking forward to finally going back to work in late August. My family has been through so much with this, I’ve decided not to tell them anything unless I have to. My husband is having a crap time at work too so the last thing he needs is worrying about me even more.

so I’m here for some company whilst I wait to get this over with!

🐸🐸🐸🐸