Hi,

I’m a 46 and my doctor has referred me for a mammogram and ultrasound. I’ve had issues with my breast before and they always seem really lumpy but I got a fright with a ex-school friend being diagnosed with BC and it’s sent me in a tail spin. I was at the doc’s 6 months ago for a check and was give the OK, fast forward 6 months and I had an emergency appt and again the doc said all looked fine and breast look nice etc. Back again today and been referred, which is what I wanted but the Doc siad my breast was ‘nodular’ - what does that even mean??? Anyway, I just have to wait and see now but what does nodular mean - I’m perimenpausal and in the middle of a period - and I just thought that was part and parcel of it.

I’m now petrified that my ‘lumps’ are more serious and my blaseness of it all as normal is in fact not. Also can’t stop googling, analysing every twinge. It’s going to be a long wait…

Hi Vonnie,
Try not to get in a panic about it, your friend’s experience has obviously fuelled you anxiety, but it would be highly unlikely to be bc related.
You’ve done all you need to for now.
Do step away from google, any search will always lead to bc when usually it isn’t & only leads to a whole shed load of anxiety which usually turns out to be unnecessary.
What can help is to carry on as normal & distract yourself. Although it is easier said than done, stressing won’t change anything.
Chances are all’s well, it usually is.
ann x

Thanks Anne, I think I’ve exhausted myself with Google so no more.  My hubby has been fab but he can’t take away the nagging in my head.  I’ll just have to sit tight and see what transpires.