Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pain in one breast

3 REPLIES 3
Feeheb

Re: Pain in one breast

Hazel

I have exactly the same symptoms. I went to the doctor last week and she said I have thickened tissue. I am waiting for an appointment with the breast clinic

Hope all ok

Feeheb

mal_vixen

As mangomum already said, worth checking.
But don't panic and try to stay calm. 
I also had pains, with no lump to be found, even on the mammo it wasn't easy to be sure.  I was absolutely convinced that it would just turn out to be nothing, I'd had a mammogram only 9 months previously and prior to that had had a cyst drained. No chemo or RT required, just Tamoxifen (and was borderline for that - choice was left to me, but so far no side effects!).

Fingers crossed, hope everything will be fine!

Mangomum

Hi, 

Any pain that is causing you concern warrents a trip to the GP. It will put your mind at ease as it is very likely not to be sinister. In my case I  had a couple of menstrual cycles where I had a throbbing pain in my breast but I couldn't feel a lump as described on many breast aware literature and most advice is breast cancer doesn't cause pain. My GP and I both thought it was likely to be hormonal and I took inflammation tablets to see if it settled for a month which it didn't and I was referred to the breast clinic on a 2 week referral. Like the majority of members on these boards I am one of the small percentage of referrals that do end up needing treatment for Breast Cancer- but if caught in time it is very treatable.

Try and get some rest and give the GP a call on Monday. Let them decide /make that judgment and then hopefully you can update with good news and be worry free.

Mangomum xx

HazelM

Pain in one breast

I have pain in my left breast.  I have checked and can't feel a lump but have tried to locate where the pain is coming from. It appears to be from around/near my nipple. I've never had ongoing pain/ache before ( now in my 40s). The pain feels like a tingly sensation and hurts if pressure placed in the area.