Did you mean: 

Recall appt on friday

7 REPLIES 7
Flossyadams

Re: Recall appt on friday

Great news. You go rest, that s what I will do too. Take care x

bluetitgill

Hi yes I am fine thank you. It was a cyst which they drained. I can't believe how tense I had been before my appt. Afterwards I had to go to bed because I just felt exhausted. Thank you very much for your help and concern. X

Flossyadams

Hi bluetitgill, hope you are ok?

mini mad

I had a recall back from my second year mammogram.  

Nothing but scar tissue.. good luck for friday xx  keep an open mind  xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

They really can't know for sure what's going on til they do further tests - things that look suspicious on mammogram  are not always cancer that's why most recalls don't result in a cancer diagnosis .If it is cancer - very likely it's been caught early if you have no other symptoms and it can usually be very successfully treated .Lots of support and advice on this forum if you need it .

bluetitgill

Hi jill

Thank you for your response. My appt is on Friday at 9.30 so not too long to wait now. I just can't imagine being told its cancer. The advance practitioner didn't fill me with optimism as she never said stuff like don't worry or it could be a cyst. She just said I would need more xray an ultrasound and probably a biopsy. Which makes me think its suspicious. I was recalled at my previous mammogram too but it was found to be folded over tissue in my left breast. This time it's my right one.

Gill

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hi Gill ,most changes are begnign in nature and most recalls do not result in a breast cancer diagnosis.They can see changes such as calcifications which can be totally innocent in nature but may need looking at bit to closer to make sure they are nothing to worry about .Sometimes only a biopsy can confirm what is going on .When is your appointment ? It's a horrible anxious time I know .Jill x

bluetitgill

Recall appt on friday

Hi

I've been recalled to the breast clinic after my mammogram. Today I phoned to confirm my appt as asked to do so and the receptionist asked me if I had any questions. So naturally I said I'd like to know why I've been recalled so she said she'd get a nurse to call me back. The advanced practitioner duly phoned and told me I had some changes in my right breast and that I could expect more xray and ultrasound and probably a biopsy. Needless to say I am worried. Can anyone explain what changes can show up between mammograms please.

Thank you

Gill