Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shoulder Blade & Breast Pain

3 REPLIES 3
Evie-S
Community Champion

Re: Shoulder Blade & Breast Pain

Hi Emma - I’m sorry to read that your pain is still there. You are the one who knows your body best and if you are still worried then you should talk to your GP again. The good news is that the clinic didn’t find anything suspicious earlier this year and your GP doesn’t seem concerned, as they tend to be ultra cautious when someone comes with breast issues - but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get it checked again if you feel like something is still not right. Why don’t you arrange a phone call with your GP and explain your concerns again. You are most certainly not wasting anyone’s time and the NHS keep putting out messages telling people to see their GP if worried.

We are all here to chat any time. I hope you get a reassuring answer for your pain and most of all that it disappears. Do let us know how you get on. Hugs, Evie xx

EmmaBrown1981

Hi ya,
Yes I have seen my GP they put me on Narporoxen to see if that helps with the pain & have reffered me to physio however the pain in still there especially at night, it comes from my back and all the way through my right breast, I try not to worry about it & I am still checking but I always have the niggling feeling at the back of my mind, I’m worried to go back to GP as was only seen this year in breast clinic etc x

Evie-S
Community Champion

Hi Emma - I know you have also sent your question to the lovely nurses on here, but I wondered if you have now seen your GP and whether he/she has reassured you or found a reason for your pain? We are all here for you should you need us. Sending you hugs. Evie xx

EmmaBrown1981

Shoulder Blade & Breast Pain

I know without examination that you can’t really say but I am really worried about a constant pain in my right shoulder blade and right breast, I went to breast clinic in April this year due to pain in my nipple and had an ultrasound everything turned out fine & I skipped out feeling happy however I have and have had this pain in my shoulder blade radiating through my right breast for quite some time now prior to my April app and I am petrified, I have large breasts with dense breast tissue so it’s difficult to feel, however the pain is uncomfortable and getting worse some days it’s feels like I am being stabbed in my back, I have called my gp and have got an appointment on Wednesday but because the pain is always there I can’t get away from the bad thoughts, I know that the last thing you do is google because it tells you the worst but I wanted to see if the 2 were connected and obviously it throws me here, I’ve no idea if the 2 are connected but I’ve managed to convince myself that there is something really wrong as it’s not right 😓

I do do breast examinations but I’m scared I am going to find something, I’ve done all the fitting of bras & taking starflower but the pain is still there is both parts, I stupidly read an article about a lady who’s breast cancer started out as should blade pain so now have convinced myself, I know also by keeping checking my blood I’m probably making things worse or aggravating things but I can’t help it, I’m driving myself mad...