Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrified

7 REPLIES 7
Community Champion

Re: Terrified

Hi jh,
No, you're not wasting the hospital’s time, so just go along & get it sorted out, otherwise it will just play on your mind.
ann x

morning, been in the shower this morning and the lump has completely disappeared. I’m not imagining 

it as the GP felt it too. Now I’m worried I will be wasting the hospitals time.  Do cysts disappear as quickly as they come. I’m so confused, how can a lump just vanish. 

@jh16 wrote:
Thank you. I’m hoping it’s a cyst. It’s hard not to google as it always comes back to same thing. Dr said it was mobile and felt rubbery/squishy.

Thank you. I’m hoping it’s a cyst. It’s hard not to google as it always comes back to same thing. Dr said it was mobile and felt rubbery/squishy.

Hia
I have had lots of cysts in my left breast (always the left!) and several aspirated. I’ve been to the breast clinic 5 times since September 2015 and I’m back again this Friday after finding another lump. I think it’s a cyst but I always have that niggle of doubt, hence coming back to the forum again. I’m 52 and apparently menopausal. They keep telling me that the cysts will go away eventually.

Im going to say try not to worry but I know it’s hard. I know from experience that Dr Google sucks! This site is much better for information and reassurance. Fingers crossed that all goes well at your appointment. Xx

Thank you for your reply. I’m at work which is a slight distraction. It’s the waiting I can’t bear. I’m running on an hours sleep. I keep prodding and poking where the lump is and I’ve actually caused a bruise. Trying to leave it alone now. Might see if the hospital has a cancellation so I can get it over with.
Community Champion

Hi jh16,
There are many women here with breast changes that turn out to be cyst related, it is quite common, so your dr could well be right about this. Statistically, this would be far more common than bc.
Apparently, I had them, but didn’t know about it.
You're right about google, try & step away from it, as any search will only lead to bc when it’s usually not & no reassurance is found there.
You’ve done all you need to for now & it will be properly checked out soon. As ever, it is the uncertainty which is hard to handle as the mind goes into overdrive on the ‘what ifs.’
Easier said that done, but keeping busy & carrying on as normal helps & no anount of stressing about it will change the outcome.
Chances are, all’s well, it usually is.
ann x

Can anyone offer me any comfort. Need to come off Dr Google. He’s not helping.

Terrified

Didn’t think I’d be back here. Why is it always the right breast. Been to doctors this morning as felt small hard lump in breast (upper close to armpit). I’m 47 years old and definitely peri menopausal as not had period for 2 months. Dr felt it said it was mobile and very localised and almost rubbery. Thought it was a fatty lump or cyst. Going for mammogram a week on Friday. Absolutely terrified. As anyone else had cysts. I’ve previously had mammogram 4 years ago and in the same area was a fatty lump. Can they grow or separate.