cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried, been referred!

4 REPLIES 4
Jazmin121

Re: Worried, been referred!

@dotty80 wish you all the best for your appointment on Monday! My one is on Thursday and I'm bricking it.
Dotty80

Thank you for your replies ladies 😊
I am under the 2 week rule, i have my appointment on monday at 9:15.
Today i am feeling more positive 🙂 I have noticed the night sweats are also a symptom which ive had for some time now
Also alot of pain in the affected breast which has been on & off for a while but at least my appointment is soon so i should know more x
Charys
Community Champion

Hiyer Dotty,

I think you need to take heart from the fact that your doctor does seems pretty certain this is benign, but to put your mind at ease and because she can't be 100 percent certain she wants to just double check. I should think for this reason, that she isn't alarmed, you probably won't be referred under the two week (urgent) rule. I don't know if she mentioned to you the timescale for referral in your case? It is entirely natural that you are really uncertain and can't focus and feel frightened, as unless you have a definite 'ok' from a consultant the mind will often fix on the most scary and unlikely scenarios. Ann is right, most breast clinic referrals are for benign reasons, but because people are so 'breast aware' now they jump to thinking bc for any slight change. Of course it is is right and proper that you visited your GP, as you are doing what is necessary in alerting to changes you have noticed. This is, unfortunately, going to be a somewhat miserable wait for the appointment - but do hang onto the words of your GP. Let us know how you get on, and you are always welcome to chat on this thread of elsewhere about your concerns, and ask questions. I will also add, and please remember I am not a medical person, and this just an opinion - but a pea-sized lump 4 years ago on the back of you neck, is actually a long time ago in terms of possible cancerous changes, and even if there was a connection by now you would be, to my mind, in a much more advanced condition.

ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Dotty,
The important thing is you have been referred, so all of your breast symptoms will be looked at at the clinic. It’s not possible for us to conjecture on symptoms, as there can be a multitude of reasons for any breast change & fortunately, bc is the most unlikely.
There’s nothing more you can do now & feeling anxious as you describe, is how we all feel prior to appointments.
It can help with the wait to carry on as normal & distract yourself by keeping busy.
ann x
Dotty80

Worried, been referred!

Hi all
Im new to the forum.
Bit of a back story. About 4 yrs ago found a pea sizes lump in the back of my neck, doctor assured me it was nothing to worry about. It is now marble sized.
About march last year i felt a ropey mass in my right breast at the top i wasnt very concerned at the time & forgot all about it, stupid i know.

Fast forward to this week. Yesterday i came across it again & decided i needed to see the doctor
She examined both breasts & spent the most time on my right.
Asked me where my concern was, she agreed she felt it too. She said she deals with a lot of BC & is 99% certain that mine is not BC & feels like fibrosis?
But has referred me as i need to know 100% its not BC, since then i have found a hard pea sized lump on the side of my right breast, she didnt mention this to me & now im sick with worry.

Im also concerned that the neck lump is connected? I expect everyone feels like i am right now but i just cannot concentrate on anything.
Im 38, with very poorly controlled type 2 diabetes

Sorry to ramble xx