lump feels like very tender bruise

I have been having burning/achy pain in my right shoulder/pec major for quite some time.  My right shoulder is a bit of an Achillies heel for me.  Attended chirporactor again recently for this complaint.  Usually it’s a posture/rounded shoulder thing for me. From time to time I get breast pain on this side also (shooting pains), but recently it had been worse and felt bruised and tender to touch at the side of my breast towards armpit.

I decided to pay doc a visit who found a ‘harder bit/lump, not the same as reast of my breast or the other one’ at hte site of bruised/tender feeling and then said ‘in fact I’m not sure it’s even a lump like a hardening’ *gulp* okayyyy.  Am in Scotland and have been referred to breast clinic which could take at least a month to be see.

I wonder if anyone has had similar pain?  I’m so scared that she found the lump because I’m scared of how long it’s been there, as it was only found becuase I was sore.

I’m really not coping at all. 

Hi Mimi,

Inevitably, it is an anxious time when waiting for a clinic appointment, but there’s nothing more you can do now & you have been referred to get it properly checked out.

For the vast majority of women, it turns out to be nothing serious & most likely there is a more usual reason for the breast change, but only the clinic can get to the bottom of it.

It can help with the wait by carrying on as normal, keeping busy, distracting yourself & avoiding googling your symptoms as it really does not help in coping with the wait & only feeds anxiety for no good reason.

Do come back here if you need to chat further.

ann x