Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

petrified of breast clinic appointment

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Re: petrified of breast clinic appointment

Hey sweetie, 

I can just imagine how manic you’ve been and I’m so glad to hear you are feeling positive? I honestly believe that’s half the battle! 😊 although I’m not underestimating what you and your loved ones are dealing with !!  I’m pleased the surgery is already booked and I’m keeping all my fingers crossed for you that it’s aa huge success 🤞🤞🤞 

I’m still having some pain and discharge and I won’t lie, it is slightly concerning me? But I’m back at breast clinic soon for follow up appointment so I’ll wait to see what they say?  🤞😊

Highlighted

Hiya. Sorry for late reply! Been a manic few weeks. Aw thank you for thinking of me. I’m doing ok actually, surgery 2 weeks today but I’m feeling very positive, I think that’s half the battle. Xx

Highlighted

Hey sweetie, how are you doing? Been looking into some fundraising options today and you popped into my mind? 😊

Highlighted

I am so so happy it was benign for you. ❤️  Always such a worry. I will definitely take you up on that offer to chat or rant! My family have been so supportive! My son even cooked a lovely steak meal last night (something he’s never done). My extended family have all sent their love and support and friends far and wide have offered help and love. I feel very very humbled and wealthy to have all these wonderful people in my life, it’s not until times like this when you realise just how privileged you are! We are also so lucky to have the NHS, from personal experience, from finding a lump to being diagnosed with breast cancer took 2 weeks. I have heard the treatment in my area is gold plated for breast cancer patients. When I’m out the other side of this is will be fundraising and doing all I can to help fund this for as long as possible xx

Highlighted

So sorry for late reply, still getting to grips with using this sight? Menopausal brain doesn’t help 😂😂 So VERY kind of you to think of me considering what you yourself are dealing with, you are obviously a very special lady ❤️ Thankfully the lump was nothing to worry about and they think the bloody discharge is due to my hormonal changes but they’re seeing me again in 6 weeks to double check? So the worry has pretty much disappeared but I’m constantly thinking of all the women, like yourself, who weren’t so lucky? 
Honestly, I can’t begin to process how you deal with a diagnosis like that but I definitely think that telling your family was the right thing to do? I read an article recently about people who have kept a cancer diagnosis to themselves and their children have felt so hurt and betrayed that it caused huge rifts in their relationships? Your family and friends love you and personally I would embrace it all 😊 I was definitely going to come clean if I’d been diagnosed but thank goodness this time I swam through the net! 

I know I’m a complete stranger to you but if at any time you want to chat or rant or moan 😂 I’d be so happy to hear from you? Other than making a donation I just wish there was more I could do to help other women going through this awful time? I suffer from Fibromyalgia and daily life is always pretty much a battle but still I’m sure I could help in some small way? My name is Suzie, I’m 56 and live in Ware, Hertfordshire. Please keep the ‘positive’ head on and be as strong 💪 as you possibly can, I truly believe you can beat this horrible disease so put your boxing 🥊 gloves on girl and go in there fighting 👍🏻😁 sending big hugs 🤗 and love to you 🙏🤞🤞🤞

Highlighted

@puttingupafight how did you get on? Xx

Highlighted

Aw bless you. ❤️  It’s so hard keeping it a secret isn’t it. Unfortunately mine wasn’t the news I was hoping for, they told me I had two suspicious looking lumps and lots of little ones. After 4 hours of mammograms, ultrasound scans, 6 biopsies and examinations they confirmed my worst fears that both lumps were cancerous. My world fell apart. After crying, being in a dark place, telling my children and family on advice of the breast clinic nurse, I’ve come to terms with it. I’ve caught them stupidly early, the largest lump is 1-2cm and I have to go back next Thursday to have the type of cancer confirmed and the stage. I’m trying to keep positive, it’s not spread to my lymph nodes and I’m actually enjoying being pampered. Had flowers delivered all day today and lunch bought for me. My parents have been up doing the housework and the kids cooking dinner. I really really hope with all my heart that everything is fine for you but please don’t panic if it’s not. The past 2 days I’ve heard so many stories of people who have beaten it and fighting fit. 

What time One is your appointment and do you have someone to go with you? Rooting for you ❤️❤️

Highlighted

Hey there, how did your appointment go? I’m going for mine tomorrow (30th) at 9.30? I started getting pain in just one breast but pretty much ignored and wrote it off as hormonal changes but then I had blood leaking from the nipple and I think I can feel a small pea sized lump? Don’t know if I’m imagining it and I’m constantly checking it? I haven’t told a sole I’m going as I don’t want my partner or adult kids to worry until I know what I’m dealing with? I hope you had good news? 😘

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hopefully they will quickly be able to put your mind at rest 🤞🤞

Highlighted

Hi. Thank you for your reply. My best friend will be coming with me. I’ve asked that she just sits in the waiting room though, just so I know she is there. X

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow it's a horrible anxious time - try and remember that the majority of referrals to the breast clinic are a precaution and turn out not to be breast cancer.

Do you have someone to go with you to give you a bit of moral support ? Jill x 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Scared 👭 so sorry you’ve had such a long wait, and I’d just like to say well done for being vigilant and getting appointment. Please use the ask the nurse facility on here. I know your head will be mush at the moment but please remember till a professional tells you otherwise you do not have bc. And if you do, they have seen it all before and have an Arsenal of treatments to throw at it and new treatments and trials happening all the time. I know it is like having an out of body experience and you are looking down at someone else at the moment, but please keep strong and if you have further tests tomorrow it still doesn’t mean you have bc till a professional tells you. Keep us posted on how you get on 👭💕💕shi xx

Highlighted

petrified of breast clinic appointment

Hi all. Two weeks ago I found a lump in my left breast about an inch above the nipple and slightly to the side and Really have to feel deep into the tissue to feel it. Saw my GP the next day who has sent me to an urgent referral to the breast clinic. The two week wait has been hell. I’ve gone through all emotions but won’t allow myself to think positively, I’ve convinced myself it’s the worse case scenario so I’ll be better prepared if it is. The lump is the size of half a grape and smooth. I’ve searched all the websites that say it doesn’t really matter about shape or size. The only thing I’ve got myself in a state about is it doesn’t move. My appointment is at 10.30 in the morning and I’m a mess. Hand hold please 😢😢