Welcome to the men's board

Welcome to the board dedicated to men living with breast cancer. We are launching this board in Men’s Health Week 2022 to provide a safe space for men living with breast cancer to connect with each other, learn from other people’s experiences, and share their own if they wish to.

Useful links:

Information about breast cancer in men

Treatment for breast cancer in men 

Doug and Dave share their experiences on our podcast

Doug’s experience

Graeme’s dad’s experience

Hi just saying hello. Male 59, i had posts on the general forum, so switching to mens forum. Had full mastectomy 1.5 years ago……waiting to hear from clinic if i should return immediately from Middle East to UK as i have to me an identical lump in my other breast as i had removed in mastectomy. Seems the Tamoxifen has done nothing to prevent. I know I have BRAC gene from work up on my tumour and blood work. Cheers 

Hi Andy

Not been on to the forum for a while but spotted this post!

I hope all worked out for you ok.

Are you aware of the Mens VMU? Its a group of men who are or have been on the Breast Cancer Journey.

We meet on the 4th Thursday each month via Zoom at 7pm UK time.

The group is made up of men of all ages & backgrounds.

I had breast cancer in 2015 when I was 58 and was declared ‘cancer free’ in June 2016.

Tamoxifen is a much discussed drug in the group as many of use have suffered significant side effects from it.

Best wishes

Dave

1 Like

Hi Andy
I think we spoke about this on the general forum.
As @Bluesunbeam said , it would be nice to see you at the VMU You can email me for details
doug.harper@themensvmu.org
Take care my friend