Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caring for your partner in their last weeks and months

7 REPLIES 7
Anniej
Community Champion

Re: Caring for your partner in their last weeks and months

Ella, I’m so sorry to hear of Christina’s death. The fact that you were with her speaks volumes, and I’m sure she was reassured and felt safe with you by her side. I think you have demonstrated the depth of your love for Christine through your posts, and we should all be so lucky to have a partner like you. Covid has made life so much more difficult, but I’m hoping that you can reach out and find support for yourself at this very difficult time. Please be kind to yourself, and look after yourself. I’m sure you must be drained, both emotionally and physically. Big hugs. Ann x

Tili

Dear Ellarobb,

So sad to hear the passing of Christine, what a wonderful partner you have been, kind and caring.

Look after yourself, take one day at a time and think of all the wonderful times you had together. 
With my deepest condolences to you, your friends and family.

love Tili xx

EllaRobb

Thank you all so much.

Christine passed away on Friday 12th Feb with me sleeping by her side.

I'm utterly broken but hoping I did the best for her in her last few weeks.

SaskiaE_BCN
Community Manager

Hi Ella,

We're so sorry to read about Christine's prognosis, and we want you to know that we are here for you. As mentioned by other users, our nurses can offer support, information, or just a listening ear. You can speak to them on 0808 800 6000.

We have some information on our website which may help support you during this time. 

Sending hugs and love to you both 💕

Saskia 

Tili

Dear Ella,

Having just read your post. I can’t give you any advise but would like you to know that I am thinking of you.  Ann has some very good point, please contact the nurses on this site they are so kind, caring, take one day at a time, and look after yourself. Big hugs to you from me.

keep safe 🌈🌈 with love Tili 

Anniej
Community Champion

Ella, my heartfelt sympathy to you both. What a terrible situation. Yes, you need to reach out for help, both practical and emotional. If you have been provided with a hospital bed, dare I hope that you are being well supported via NHS or similar? As for emotional support for yourself, I think you could, and should, pick up the phone and contact this wonderful charity. Professional help is on tap. Marie Curie, Macmillan and Maggies Centres all support people effected by cancer, as well as affected. Penny Brohn provides on line meditations which I find useful. I’ve just participated in one this morning . There is an end of life thread on here, and perhaps there is support coming your way from there. Be kind to yourself in the forthcoming days, weeks, months. Think of the good times, and how your world has been enriched by your lovely partner. Ann x

Angel Eyes

Hi Ella, 

I am so sorry. 

I am here if you would like to chat. I do not have TNBC (I am HER2+) and thought Christine was doing well with her treatment and the trial? It must be so difficult for you. Please do PM me if I can be of any help. I often can't sleep and like writing letters. 

Angel Eyes x

EllaRobb

Caring for your partner in their last weeks and months

Hi,

My partner Christine has been my absolute world and safety net for nearly 3 and a half years.

After 2 years of having Triple Negative Breast Cancer and now being given a prognosis of weeks or months to live, it's absolutely broken my heart.

Shes home with a hospital bed, limited mobility and unable to much for herself. I'm caring for her full time and away from family and friends. Its distressing and a lot.

I'd love to hear from others experiencing the same to feel less alone and share a conversation.

Ella