68.6K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advised not to do craft fair - covid risk.

7 REPLIES 7
delly

Re: Advised not to do craft fair - covid risk.

Oh, Poppy, I'm soo sorry. What awful news on your friends husband. That must tough for you not being able to get to see her. But Extra tough for her, having to deal with her loss in these circumstances. 

That's soo Good that you made a "Bosom Buddy" and are keeping in touch. A positive out of a negative, so to speak. 

Syd the squirl is still happily gnawing his nuts!! 😆 Well, you know which "nuts" I mean. Along with his harem of two others. Whether they be females or males or his children even - who knows!

Still mild here, and leaves "still" on my garden trees. Is very late for this year. Have usually dropped around bonfire night.

Good to hear from you,  Lots of love, and much gnawing of nuts, from Delly's garden restaurant X❤️

Cumbrian Lady

Hello Delly

I am well although very sad my very good friend lost her husband today due to covid, 57 years married what a terrible way to lose him. He was vaccinated but had other medical issues, basically, he did not stand a chance of recovering once he contracted it.
Your idea is a good one, but I had to let my table go I have also decided to keep a low profile until my booster at the end of this month it is just not worth the risk is it? Plus hospital appointments in Dec.
There will be other fairs to attend and I will sell some online I am trying to learn to weave (watch this space)😁
I am hoping my friend will be alright, she like me has no family and she lives in Yorkshire so I cannot even visit her - I feel so bloody helpless.

Had a lovely call from the lady I met whilst having my op, we keep in touch which is SO lovely.

How are things with you what about Syd, I think the hedgies might have gone into hibernation, it's getting colder here.

Take care of yourself
Lots of love and HUGE hugs me and the snoozing moglets.
❤️xxxxx

delly

Hi again Pops

Just thinking about you, and hope you're doing okay? 

Ref the Craft Fayre - Could perhaps one of your good friends run your table and exhibition for you,  so you'd have minimum contact, but with some organisation and imput from you, rather than you miss out? Or would that be too difficult?

Lots of love,  DoolallyDelly  x❤️

Cumbrian Lady

Evening Delly
I was going to be selling
Knitted tapestries - northern lights, fairies, flamingoes, poppies and some others.
Hand decorated wooden hares
Seashell decorated mirrors
driftwood tealights
Lace wreaths
and more...
Just a few items😂

I sell on Ebay and Etsy so I will just add more to them.
The hunt they come in cars, quad bikes, whatever - I HATE it and make sure I told them to get off my land there we were 3 ladies telling off some 30 plus farmers none of the men (their hubbies came out to offer support).

My friends hubby has been taken into hospital again he was only sent home on Sat they knew he had covid but needed the bed the covid ward was full.

With things as they are I am going back into semi-isolation, I am not due my booster until Dec the vaccs protection seems to be running out before the due date from I am being told and reading.

Haribo sour sweets are fantastic

Lots of hugs, wine gums, sour gums, moglets and anything else

Poppy under a mound a knitting woolxxxx❤️

delly

Awww, but yeh, better you stay safe. I'm surprised and sorry to hear of the people you know having gone down with the blasted Co-vid, especially after being vaccinated. But it's also good to know it though, in that I/we all still have to be and stay vigilant. 

What were you "going" to be selling at the craft fayre, had you been able to??

Hunt - You don't hear about them much these days. I'm surprised to hear they still go on. Does your local one still pursue an actual live fox? and you've been out defending the poor critter?? I think they're beautiful animals.

Grey, but mild here today

Love and Haribo's to yer,  Dellypoos (< NOT "those" sort of poos! 😆) x❤️x

Cumbrian Lady

Yes a real downer Delly, but then so would contracting Covid so just have accept it, was really looking forward to it.
I know several people who had gone down with it all vaccinated and waiting for their booster jab, not silly people either all being sensible so it is still out there.
Will we ever get to feel safe?

Lovely sunny day, had the hunt in the village so three of the ladies me being one went out to tell them to sling their hook and make sure all animals were safe - we woman are bloody brilliant.😀

Hugs, wine gums and moglet purrs
Poppy xx

delly

Awwww Pops, what a shame (bummer in fact) and disappointment for you.

Flippin Co-vid 🙄  x❤️

Cumbrian Lady

Advised not to do craft fair - covid risk.

Sad today, been advised not to do the craft fair at the end of this month owing to Covid and my needing to attend hospital appointments in Dec.
I know it makes sense should have realised before I booked my table would help if we were being told the truth about Covid I know of 2 people double vaccinated boosters due in Dec both gone down with it.

Oh well, the appointments are far more important than any craft fair.

Love and hugs
Poppy xxx