Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Morning.

19 REPLIES 19
delly

Re: Good Morning.

Hi Pops

Good to hear from you. I was getting a little bir concerned I hadn't, so just posted a quickie email to you, so just ignore if you wish.

Poor Mr Pumpkin, and you "scaring" him so. Naughty MummyPops! (<where does this baby talk come from??😆)

Digestive tea? What? No catnip tea??

Yeh, am tuned in to beeb 1, ready waiting for "Strictly" to begin. Dellybobs xXx

Cumbrian Lady

Evening Delly from space ship Cumbria

Beautiful here today sweeping leaves it was so hot (yes the dreaded hot flushes and itchy skin) stripped down to teeshirt but it was so peaceful to be out and enjoying the day, saw and heard one of the buzzards overhead (told Mr Pumpkin to behave) or the buzzard would come and kidnap him.
Had the slow cooker pumped up, veg stew delicious bit of cheese added when dished up - a simple easy cheap meal, I use my slow cooker a lot great for me cooking for one.
Mr Asda delivered today (boy was he a miserable one)😁 but never mind he brought the goodies so must not complain.
I am still making my wall hangings for my craft fair - balls of wool of everywhere, Felly loves it when I am weaving/knitting she sits just watching me for hours.

I am going to try some Taylors of Harrogate digestive tasting tea later - it was on offer in the co-op £2.00 for 40 tea bags (give it a whirl) - aren't I an adventurous one 🤣.

Have a lovely evening will you be watching strictly.

Lots of love, the moglets, me and a bag of ASDA wine gums.

❤️xx😺🍵

delly

Hi Poppy

How are you doing? Are You okay??

Have a gorgeous sunny afternoon down here in Cheshire. Very mild too. Had to turn the heating off! Mind you, hot flushes are also providing extra heating 🙄 Keep having to peel layers off. I guess One good positive of having them, are lower heating bills in the Winter. Sadly make Summer more to cope with though, hey, and can't peel off TOO much. I'd get arrested 😆 

Lots of love,  DoolallyDelly  xXx 

delly

Hi Pops

Hope you are doing okay and have had a good day?

Ref Ollypops - I was meaning that I'd felt "guilty" having to rehome him/shunt him about, prior to it, but am now okay and very happy about it after hearing that he is doing well and happy. His new owners are only 5 mins round the corner, so I'll pop round and say "Hi", give him a tickle behind the ears and take some treats for him. Tinned pilchards, sardines in tom sauce. All my cats have always gone bonkers for fish in tom sauce, especially! Wonder what it is?

Lots of love, DoolallyDelly x❤️

delly

Yeh, I used to sometimes mix a bit of Catnip in with Chloe's food, it being good for their digestion. Never gave her "milk" though, only water. Unless you give 'em the special "catmilk" you can get, as oppo to cows.

I wouldn't worry about removing the comical photo from the Moderator thread. Is bound to give them a chuckle. Bernard especially 😆 (Am waving to you B if you're looking in! X)

Hope you have a good restful sleep, dear lady. Lots of love to yer, plus pusses and hogs X❤️X   

Cumbrian Lady

To Dellywelly alias the (flower lady)

I love a happy animals story - so pleased all is going well you should not feel guilty you found him a lovely home - so many just turf them out and leave them to get on with it.
Oops so sorry for posting on the mods thread I do not look before I post... I can remove no problem.
Cats go nuts over it the dried sort called catnip from petshops is their version of crack cocaine my lot have rave parties after a little play with their catnip filled toys😁  they have been forbidden from selling it mind (I want NO truck with dealers) I tried snorting some - only made me sneeze🤣
Fed the visiting cat tonight (heck he can scoff) a whole large tin) followed by some milk ( have to put the milk on a table as I do not want the hedgies drinking it) milk makes them ill.

Not done much today (well nothing exciting) not sure I would recognise exciting anymore if it jumped up and smacked me in the face.

Off to fill my hot water bottle my feet are freezing

Lots of hugs, catnip, wine gums and spaced out moglets (plus me chief tin opener) xxxx❤️

delly

Hi Pops

I've had it in mind to post to you today, then forgot the particular reason to. Until I saw your photo on the Moderators thread.

Ha blummin HA, that's soo funny. I have never ever seen a cat "zonked" out that way. Glad you added the "No cats were harmed in the taking of this photo!!

delly_0-1636487111163.jpeg

The reason, I wanted to contact you, was that I popped round to my neighbours at the back of me, today, to enquire how Olly the pusscat was doing. And was sooo very pleased to hear he was doing well, and really happy with his new Mum n Dad, and they with him. Gladdened my heart, Pops, as I'd felt pretty sh***y and upset about him having to be rehomed, and somewhat passed from pillar to post after his Dad died. But, thankfully, all's well. Was soo grateful my neighbour rallied round to help me find him a good home. So kind. Lucky to have such Good neighbours EY.

Mmmm, think I may grow some Catnip for mySELF to eat/make tea from, if those are it's effects!! 😆 You ever tried it yourself?? May be onto a billion dollar find there, you/I wish.

Hope you're well, dear lady, are you??

Lots of loving purrs, Dellywelly  x❤️

Cumbrian Lady

Delly it is so weird but I think my MH problems helped me get through my cancer treatment maybe hard for anyone to understand - but since my diagnosis, for borderline some 15 years ago I have adopted a very laid back approach to life (good counselling and a deep insight into my illness helped me a lot) before all of that I was in a MESS (life is still not easy) but at least I now understand what causes my mood swings along with what makes me tick or not tick also living alone works for me. Borderline can make life impossible for any partner as well as the sufferer - but I have at long last found me and I do NOT have to apologise to anyone for how I am (you are never too old to pick up the pieces and make changes). I also strongly believe we are stronger on our own not standing behind some man afraid to come forward as a person in our own right I never realised how much of me I had surrendered until I began to find myself again after my partner of 27 years left me (even my bouncing bomb right boob) has become a part of me😁

Owning animals even looking after them can be stressful when we are struggling at times to even look after ourselves (so I understand what you are saying) I am just a sucker for them they 'ask no questions, never judge, and take you as you come (deformed boob and all)...

I will sign off before this becomes 'war and peace' throw some nuts for Syd from me. I have topped up the food bowls for hedgies and visiting cat/s.
Glad all ended well for Olly I love a happy ending.
Sleep well and may the sweet jar never run dry.

Hugs and purrs from me and the gang xxxxx

Cumbrian Lady

They were delicious simple is often the best.

Pops xx

delly

Ooops

Forgot to say - enjoy your F C and P's feast tonight, Pops X

delly

Hi lovely Pops.

Syd (or Sue?) the "squirl" is out there, as I type and squeek on here. Hanging upside down again, extracting pine nuts and sunflower seeds from the side holes in the feeder. Making me feel guilty again. So I've thrown some more nuts from the back door, as it's peeing down again here today 😞  Billy blackbird's now also perched on the bench, peering in at me through the door windows, with a "Hey Delly, what's happened to my breakfast then?" look in his eyes. He's so handsome, how can I refuse!!

Pops, it's good to also have a fellow MH person to connect with. Afraid my downers/crashes can go on for months. Previous one 9 months. This one since beginning of Aug, after a good 9 months of a positive one. My deceased Mums birthday seemed to spark it off, have no other family left, and like yourself, no kids. A lovely, ab-fab elderly neighbour of mine put it so succinctly, that "these things have a habit of "prodding at" our emotions". 

Cats - I lost my gorgeous, dainty all white puss, Chloe, a few years ago. Beautiful creature. Missed her soo much, especially daily morning 20 minute snuggles under the duvet, before her hunger hoiked me to get up to feed She was so easy to look after, dried food (with seafood treats from a special stock in the freezer to regularly spoil with, or tins of fish etc.), easy to spot the odd flea on being all white, so give immediate treatment for. Didn't go out through catflap, except to munch on grass and then come back in to toilet in litter tray! so didn't pick up fleas. Was elderly, no longer lept up and over fences and gates, so was safe in the garden, after I'd moved to a house on a horribly busy main road. But which has then prevented me from getting another, along with mental states where I even struggled with her. Kept resisting another, didn't feel it was fair.

My neighbours at the back, have two cats who basically "own" my garden!😄 Come through the privet hedge. This summer, I kept having another cat visitor appearing. A very friendly and handsome blue eyed, black furred boy. I like to have my back door open when its warm, and he started popping in. Found out his owner also lived at the back of me, was elderly and under regular carers due to Alzheimers. No catflap at his home, so when handsome "Olly" sometimes came into mine at night, I didn't know if he could get back in at home, so unlocked my catflap so that he could come and go as he pleased. Only had one tooth in his head, so started buying in moist food and treats to give him. I got the sons phone no. to message him, let him know he wasn't lost if missing and was sometimes "lodging" with me. I was in an "up" state and loving his visits. He was very laid back and not in the least bothered by the busy main road. Then his Dad was rushed into hospital, so told his son I was happy to foster him if it would be a help, until his Dad came out. Sadly, his Dad died, and I then offered to carry on fostering Olly whilst his son had sorted his Dads affairs, and until he'd decided what he wanted to do about Olly. 

All got misconstrued, son misunderstood, thought I was offering to take Olly on permanently. Olly then got a bad dose of fleas which despite me giving 2 doses of increasing strength flea-killer treatment, didn't have any effect. Kept sitting "on top" of furniture as opposed to the soft bed provided and carpet and became increasingly irritated - As was I, as by this stage, I'd then gone into this recent crash and began struggling with him and "them" i.e. tiny l'il itchy blighters, as house had become infested too. Arrrrgh. Ordinarily wouldn't have been a problem to deal with, but coupled with my mental state, I could NOT cope with it. Poor little Olly, and my own now constantly itchy ankles. Another Arrrrrgh!!!

Son didn't want to take Oll on or know anything about (unfair, given I was initially just offering to help out by fostering) so basically left it up to me to have to then find him another home. I felt so shi**y about having to, even having to think about the local cat n dog sanctuary, or RSPCA. Fortunately, after asking around all my neighbours, one of them had a friend looking for an older cat to take on, a well seasoned previous cat owner, who was also happy to take on with the "flea" factor. Thank goodness, and bless her cotton gusset!! Sooo, despite feeling very upset about it, Olly having to be passed on again, and then me missing him, I had to think about what was best for him.  He's at a good home, 5 minutes round the corner, and from my recent contact, is now happy and flea free!! I've had to hoover and spray the whole house with flea killer, but at least it's cleaner and a bit tidier to boot too! Plus my ankles are no longer itching!!

So a happy end to my Olly story. Sorry for the length of it.   😅😅😅           

Cumbrian Lady

Happy (I hope) good morning @delly  alias singalongwithDelly.

Lovely to hear from you (meltdowns are the pits) although I usually retire to bed with tea, tv, laptop, toast and cats not forgetting the hot water bottle (an essential tool for meltdowns).
Squirrels give Syd my love they are lovely cheeky little devils.
The rain oh Gawd, where does it all come from? my drive flooded the lawn had ducks on, and the cats got out their wet suits and homemade little rowing boat😂
The hedgies are still feeding at the moment - not sure they will use any of my designer one-off little huts, (not like I am even charging any rent) you think they would be grateful especially as I feed them as well.
A new visitor in the shape of a black and white tomcat comes to feed (think he is from the farm) bless him so I leave plenty of food for him with a note telling him to 'tuck in'.

I love all the sweets you mention and as for Haribo I melted some and made jelly for tea once (cannot do the voice) but it was delicioussssss)😁

I am knitting making some bracelets today for my craft fair as well as some wool wall hangings (well that's the theory) but knitting and me sometimes come to bad words...

Tonight is treat night fish, chips and mushy peas I have to go out so will stop off at chippie on the way home I'm drooling already.

Delly, who wants to grow up what is clever about that - nothing as far as I can see - acting young is fun its good for you as well - keeps you cheerful and sure helps with what we are going through so I am all for acting and dressing ridiculous😛

I love watching wildlife it's magical I like to sleep with my window open at night and listen to the owl's lovely way to nod off.

Until we chat and eat our sweets again - keep on grooving and moving anything that still moves (W45) will keep you well lubricated.

Love and lots of half-chewed wine gums

Pops xxxx

delly

Hi there lovely Pops and fellow animal lover,

Just a quickie before the Strictly results show, as you mentioned you were also a fan, followed by The Mating Game. I hope you're doing okay, and your 4 pussycat family??

Have been neglecting feeding my garden birdies recently, with gong into a mental "crash", but went out to stock up the hanging seed feeders yesterday and throw some seeds and mealworms on the grass for the Billy blackbirds (being more ground feeders). Didn't get around to refilling the hanging nut feeders though, and was made to feel soo guilty at having not done, by watching Syd the squirrel (or "squirl" as I affectionately call 'em) lift the lid on one, and insert almost it's whole body into the mesh tube to reach the bottom, searching for nuts that weren't there! Thought he was gonna get stuck. But talk about clever, crafty, canny, agile l'il acrobats. He managed to extract himself, but then hung upside down, taking pine nut seeds out of another hanging feeder hole. So I went and threw some nuts down, purposely on the path directly in front of the patio doors, so I could closely watch any activity. He was soon joined by two others. So I've had my own private nature programme going on today. Kept going out to throw more nuts down and then watching them wolf 'em down or bury them. It's been peeing down on and off too, but it didn't put them off. Guess they'll be hibernating soon, so are stoking themselves up. It's been soo lovely to watch them through the day.

Any more news on your hogs? Have you noticed whether they've moved into their home you made for them, do you know? As if not already, they'll soon be hibernating too of course, won't they.

Keep eating the wine gums gal. But I also highly recommend the S'bury's gummy snakes and dinosaurs! Give 'em a try, if you have a store nearby. Are Yummy-Yum

Lots of love,  Doolally-Delly x❤️x    

delly

Good Evening @Cumbrian Lady /Poppy

Oooo, Thanks so much for your photo. He's such a little cutey.

Yeh, I too am a huge animal lover.

Are you like me, and watch all these animal programmes on Tv, as well? I'm a HUGE fan of ANY thing Attenborough, especially. Am now enjoying "The Mating Game". Tonight's that much more than last weeks, where it showed big cats killing their prey for their cubs to devour - have grown a bit sensitive about such in my later years! Yes, I know it's only natural, but I hate to actually "see" it, all the same.

Tonight's - Ohhh, watching a male whale Dellycately (spelling intended) "caressing" a female with his chin. How magical. And I have a thing about seahorses - such beautiful things - and the male gently expelling little miniature copy babies from his tummy. Wonderful stuff. And such brilliant camera work to capture it all.

Sunday night tele's taken an upturn for me, with that and "Strictly". Something "cheerful" to watch, at last. Hooray!!!

Lots of love to you, your furry friends, and anyone else looking in. x❤️x

Incidentally, earlier this year, I was taking out some rubbish when dark. Only have a small town house garden, with a small area of "grass" (can't call it "lawn") surrounded by beds of tall, well established shrubs. Have an automatic security light, triggered by movement, and I caused it to click on. Heard a snorting, snuffling noise. There were THREE hogs, feasting on peanuts and birdseeds I'd put out. Sooo lovely to see. Hope yours settle into their new home, kindly provided and cleverly constructed by your good self 😊

Lots of love to you, dear lady,  Delly x❤️

Cumbrian Lady

Good morning Dellywellydingdong and all you other lovely people.
Mr Pumpkin and I have decided to have a sleep in - we have been down and made some tea, fed everyone (I use the we lightly) he did nothing outside eat his food.
It feels so lovely to be able to just get snuggled down and do nothing I am sure he feels the same. When going through my treatment they kept me going, having them also meant I had to get up and look after them all, they gave me that reason for battling on. Animals bring so much joy, even when diving under the duvet and biting your big toe.

Delly, all my cats are rescues I also used to own rescue dogs, but after my partner left, I kept my dogs (see I kept it the right way round - kept the dogs)😁 until their natural death but living alone (and especially with the diagnosis later) getting another dog did not seem fair.
I made some hedgehogs hotels the last week I have about 4 of them who come for a meal so thought they might like to stay for winter I love animals.

Time to look on eBay and Etsy I am in paradise when searching for lace and things for my wreaths had a stack come yesterday lush greens and sequins.

Lots of hugs me and the toe attackers.

xxx
pumpy.jpg

delly

Hey, fellow lovable loony lady.

Loved being introduced to Mr Pumpkin, by your photo on the other thread. I'm a huge cat lover.  As I expected, he's a very, very cute Ginger. Post it again on here, would you.

It's a very "warm" hearted person, who rescues an abandoned animal. But I got that about you, from ALL of your posts on here, anyway, be they your warm and concerned ones for fellow BC women empathy, or your animal. 

Much love to you,  DellyWellyDingDong  

Cumbrian Lady

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments the cats and I appreciate them.
Well, it piddled down last night - and then some.
The garden got a free makeover, so it is now a pond it looked lovely glistening in the moonlight.😀
The cats donned wet suits they had a fancy for a duck at teatime (thankfully) NO duck was harmed in the writing of this so I am once again in charge of the tin opener.
The cats are named well...
Badger because she has badger markings.
Thomasy Thomasy so good they named him twice (alias King Tutt) he has a little goatee beard.
Felly, well I thought it was such a pretty name (turns out to mean a metal wheel rim) she does not know that.
Mr Pumpkin Pie, I found dumped on Halloween Eve a tiny ginger only 6 weeks old.

I do not care what my boobs look like flat, round, bouncing bombs whatever - perfect boobs are no good if you are not alive to flash them (not that I ever did)😁 nor were they ever perfect!

Today is wellie day though it is very warm outside, it is always a good day when I can get outside.

Have a good day one and all - sock it to them we ALL rock..

Lots of hugs
Me and the none famous 4 xxx

delly

Hello again, lovable lady.

Why does it not surprise me to hear, you bought a bright PINK wig!!! I also don't doubt, your other cats to Mr Pumpkin, have equally original and unusual names. 😄

Yeh, I saw a photo of one of your "wreaths". Was very impressed.

Loving your positive uneven boob attitude. Thanks again for another chuckle and cheerful post. Keep kicking that BC BUTT, girl. 

Lotsa love to you,  Dellywellydingdong  x❤️x

Bernard_BCN
Community Manager

Hi Cumbrian Lady

I smiled out loud at your reference of your cats seeing you as a tin opener! 😀

I am sitting at my desk wishing I had a buttery crumpet now!

Hope the day warms up for you!

Bernard

Cumbrian Lady

Good Morning.

Very cold this morning - filling up on tea and toast before I venture out.
The cats are all fed and snuggled down for the day (I am convinced they only see me as the 'tin opener') do they care I am having to go outside - do they heck.

My hair is still struggling to grow bought a pink wig a few months ago but it falls down over my eyes might use it in my craftwork.
Taking some of my wreaths for a lady to look at tomorrow (she said she will have the kettle on) so that makes her a whizz in my books.

Cannot believe it is just over a year since I started my treatment - and yet here I am one small boob and one which resembles the bouncing bomb (not that it would bounce) its flat on one side😂 still at 64 my modelling days are well over - not that they ever started still it is what it is and life goes on.
One more slice of toast (no me thinks a crumpet instead) dripping with butter so I will sign off. Have a good one ladies...

Poppy xx