328279posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pets anyone?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Pets anyone?

We have three cats, all rescue, one was in a box being thrown out of a car in front of us in Somerset as a 4/5 week old kitten, we stopped as we were suspicious and there was this trembling little thing inside covered in diarrhea, stomach distended with worms and a tongue covered in blisters. Our vet offered to put her down but we insisted on trying to save her, and after four weeks of two hourly feeds and a fortune in medication she started eating properly and became the most playful kitten then the most adoring cat ever, she is now 13 years old and amazing. The other two are about the same age, we picked them up through Cats Protection  about two years ago as they were about to be put down as no one wanted them and CP had no room for them :-'( we couldn't let that happen!

We would love a dog, but both working simply don't have the time, it wouldn't be fair, hubby is away most of the week and I work weird shifts which switch and change constantly! Wouldn't be without a pet though... 

Hi

yes i have 2 cats who are brother n sister are nearly 12 called Toffee and Treacle as we got them near bonfire night and they are of the same colouring of toffee and treacle.  I also have a 5 yr old dog named Buddy he’s a cross with a Bichon Frisée and a Jack Russell he is soooooo cute with his curly hair. We got him at 1 yr old after my treatment had finished for my primary diagnosis and he got me back in my feet and built me up by taking him on walks, he was and is my saviour as I can’t walk as far with him now but he’s still a reason to get out every day, he gives me so much joy.

I love my cats but it’s a different relationship you get from them. It makes me smile every time I think about my pets and that’s what life is all about, smiling is such good medicine. 😀

YES! A best friend. A German Shepherd.

Hi Stephbaker,  your 2 cats sound adorable. I had 1 about 35 years ok. I get what you mean about dogs jumping on you. I'm actually scared of dogs tbh. Mines only 7kg, smaller than a cat. She can't " jump me". We don't meet other dogs as she won't walk outside since going blind. I may get a cat in the future, when my doggy has passed to rainbow hill. Thanks for the reply. X

Hi Aneeebel, Grandogs! What a lovely phrase. You must miss them when it's home time. Atleast absence makes the heart woof longer. Thanks for reply.

I have two cats, Nike and Dora who are female. They are so cute and lazy. I wish I could post a picture of them together on this forum. I have become used to their gentle and lazy way of saying hello that meeting dogs scare me now. Doggos are all over you when you meet them, wagging their tail and stuff. So cats are peaceful and sweet so I am thinking of adopting another one. 

Community Champion

Hi Flossyadams

I have 2 Grandogs..... Suzie is a Jack Russell 🐶 -she's funny...if I'm looking after my grandchildren she comes to our house too but as soon as my daughter comes to collect them she wants to go home...starts nudging and looking at her as if to say Are we ready to go...

I also have Rufus...he a German Wirehaired pointer 🐶 -i don't see him as much as they live further away...he goes to Doggy Day care....it's a fab place! He's usually shattered when he gets home tho! Like a child going to nursery! Ha! 

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

Highlighted

Pets anyone?

I have a chinhulua dog,  female 11, blind but happy.  She's a poppet. Do you have a pet?