Any Triple negative survivors out there?

Hi
Im trying to give a bit of hope to my daughter who at 35 has been diagnosed with stage 3 invasive cancer that’s spread to lymph nodes. Scans say it hasn’t yet spread to main organs but there may be micro cells with intent going round system. She has just had her first chemo 3 days ago and feeling weepy. She thinks that all the survivors seem to have had other types of cancer - not triple negative . I keep finding inspiration then learning that the person did not have triple negative which is making her worse. Any advice please? Just trying to be positive but so hard - she has 3 children the youngest is 3 -she also thinks this type of cancer is the worst at coming back thank you in advance xx

Hi Stayingcalm, sorry you find yourself here.  I was stage 3 with significant lymph mets (but ER+).  I know ladies who were triple negative with lymph node mets and are still alive but most are getting on with their lives and don’t post on here any more. My story is on lifeafterlola.com if you or your daughter would like to read.  

You may find the following information useful to share with your daughter:

breastcancernow.org/news-and-blogs/blogs/triple-negative-trial-reveals-chemotherapy-drug-as-a-long-awaited-targeted-therapy-for-patients

I hope your daughter continues to do well.  Has she thought about joining this forum?  She can chat with others going through the same on the “going through treatment” thread where there is a new chemo group every month.  I found this to be a lifesaver, mentally, and still keep in touch with my chemo buddies (some of whom were triple negative).  xxx

Hi my name is Annmarie, i am 33 years old. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 triple negative breast cancer in april last year when i was 31. Yesterday was exactly one year since i completed my treatment plan and i can honestly tell you i have never felt better. I also have young children and they were my driving force. Your daughter will be just fine. Its a long hard road but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Whatever you do dont google about TN all the information is very outdated. We are survivors . Hope this helps a little xx

Hi stayingcalm I was diagnosed with triple negative bc in April 2017 and having finished treatment I’m now back working full time and feeling well. My sister had triple negative bc 27 years ago and is living proof that you can survive it. Your daughter may find it helpful to join the Facebook group Triple Negative Warriors where she will be able to speak to lots of other ladies in the same situation. It’s a UK site and I’m sure she will find the support offered there invaluable. 

Hi i was diagnosed with TN node mets stage 2c April 2017 had surgery chemo and rads and clear mammo in june and NED onc sees me again in March then im yearly app after that a TN diagnosis is scary but im posting tonight 1 year since last chemo finished treatment in January rads) wishing all of my chemo buddies a happy Christmas and i can honestly say that there is hope after a TN diagnosis there are plenty of us still here just don’t post as often or st all too busy getting on with life!!!
Good luck to your daughter for treatment i hope it all goes well for her take care x

Thanks Mai7 - I have started to read your journey lifeafterlola and will read it all. I have already found it very inspiring and great to see some positive research is being done in TNBC because initially you feel a bit robbed that you can’t have some of the treatments. But I’m sure everyone going on thru this has other stuff and let’s hope they find new treatments. Thank you for sharing this. I am passing this to my daughter and will suggest the going thru treatment. Her first ever chemo was 4 days ago so we are poised and hopeful of a not too bad Christmas. You enjoy yours too Mai7 xx

AnnieA thank you and I’m so pleased for you and your children . I agree that a lot of the info you look up is outdated and a tad negative too. You have helped a lot. Like my daughter you are very young and will know how hard it is fitting in everything with young children . I hope you have a good mum/ husband etc to help you . Have a great Christmas xx

Mishy28 thanks for your reply and sharing that you are a year on - that’s really good. I think my daughter may have joined the Warriors Facebook group very recently so good to know it’s a good place to be. I also get that there are definitely survivors but enjoying their life hopefully to the full xx

Rosie65 wow im sompleased to hear your story and your sister still here after 27 years is truly inspiring. I’m also please you are well and back to work. Thank you for your response and wishing you a happy Christmas xx

Hi staying calm, Patricia prijatel’s book surviving tn is a good book, also people like Shannon Doherty, Joan linden, robin roberts (all USA) are tn survivors and great inspiration too. As mai7 said in her post the chemo threads on here are a great support and can help navigate the chemo ???journey. Keep ???keep ???and we are all here ???if you need us :heart::heart::heart:To you and family ???:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Hello everyone- this is my first post and I really emphathised with your worry Stayingcalm - my Mum is exactly the same and says she feels so helpless watching me go through everything.
I was diagnosed in May 2018 three days before my son (my third child) was born. They are 5, 2 and 7 months now and I have triple negative bc. I have had chemo, single mastectomy and now start radiotherapy. My test results post surgery were “disappointing” with regard to the extent in the lymph nodes according to the oncologist and now need more chemo. I know this isn’t exactly the positive story you were asking for (fingers crosses it will be in time) but I have learnt a lot from your replies.
I am nervous for starting radiotherapy tomorrow! Xx

Charlie o, rads will be a breeze, remember to drink lots of fluids still and try and air your skin as much as you can during rads (loose tops) and try and get a loose vest to wear, more gentle on skin during rads, also, cream, cream, cream the skin, lots of people used aveno, e45, moo goo, and dr organics aloe Vera and tea tree gel, there are also radiotherapy threads too which can help. Sorry you’ve more chemo to face yet but your onc is ???it with his whole bag of tricks to make sure they’ve ???it good and proper, keep ??? we are here ???for you ???:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Thank you Charlie O and good luck with the rads. Must have been horrendous shock for you and so hard when you are about to give birth and 2 very small children. Great you have your mum and bet she is brilliant. Sorry the results were a bit naff and you are to have chemo again. Hopefully the new treatment will zap everything like Shi says. We have not even thought about rads yet so good tips Shi. On a positive note my daughter had her post first chemo check today and consultant very pleased that lump and nodes have reduced substantially . So I’m guessing we got lucky with the right chemo and you will to Charlie O . Best of luck to you all xx