Need a break from the bra

Hello Everyone,

I am new to here

I had a lumpectomy on Tuesday 13th February, I bought 4 post op bras from M&S but finding it really uncomfortable having to wear it 24/7, I’ve started giving myself an hours break from the bra, am I the only one who is doing this? And is it okay to do it?

Thanks x

Hi

I spent a fortune in marks and spencers on bras that were supposed to be ideal for this purpose but found all really uncomfortable after the lumpectomy. I saw an advert in magazine for a firm called Chums and they advertised what is called a magic bra’. They were front fastening and at £10 each I thought they were worth a try. They are so comfy. They are ordered by dress size not cup sizes. Don’t know how they do it but even with your breasts slightly different sizes they fit comfortably and still give good support.

I have bought “comfort bras” from Camiselle to wear at night as I don’t like to wear a bra to sleep in.  By the time I got them I was well past the initial healing phase of surgery - they are “Pull on” style, so I don’t know if I would have managed thyem in the immediate aftermath of the operation before movement came back.l  I got these as I’m undetgoing chemo and have a Hickman line in my chest, so have to keep the line ends contained at night.  They are super comfy - soft on the skin, stretchy and not too warm at night.  These might be worth trying once your arms are moving freely again if you still feel a little support at night is needed.

Hi

You have no doubt moved on from this original post, but just in case other Ladies are looking for info on Post Surgery Bras, Asda online do a really supportive Post Surgery Bra (actual name but online ONLY) it comes 2 in pack, black/white has an extended back closure strap and additional clips so that it can be adjusted according to Dressings and Swellings.

It can be obtained as home delivery or picked up in store and at under £10 an absolute bargain.

Silver