Winter Olympics

Anyone watching the Olympics - I love sport (watching it - that is)

Poppy xx

Hi Poppy

I love sport too… I’ve followed a little bit, but somehow I find the summer Olympics easier to get into. It may be that more of the disciplines in the summer Games are easier to get into, and have easier rules.

I wouldn’t know where to begin with getting into curling! 

I find the bobsleigh quite fun to watch the competitors push the sleigh and then jump in! I wouldn’t want to try it though as I wouldn’t enjoy the speed!

Bernard

Hi Poppy

I know where you are coming from, I can very easily get drawn in watching all sorts of different sports. I’ve not managed to watch that much of the Winter Olympics but hoping to catch more

AM xx

Hi Pops

No, am not specifically watching them, but the other night watched a little bit of the Bobsleigh, and whatever it’s called when they go down solo, basically on a tin tray??!

Reminded me of years ago, I had the opportunity to do the Olympic bobsleigh run at Kitzbuel, whilst on a skiing hol in Austria. Being a more adventurous type then, I thought “Yehhh, exciting”. My bruvs girlfriend dipped out of it, with “Mmmm, I don’t think so”.  So I, my bruv, and my friend all went for it.  Yes, it was very exciting adrenaline boosting, but we were all a bit “white” faced at the end of it, and my stomach was still somewhere at the start. Sensible lady, his girlfriend, ha ha.  xXx