64936members
342095posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Just a quickie to say I Dont go tot Hay until Saturday. Sorry to mislead you all. Snatching a quick lunch before going into Bristol for An asthma check up at the hospital.

terrible news about the suicide bombing  in Manchester. All those young people. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Cassie what a drama with the gas leak hope everything has settled down!
How nice that ED cooked a meal for you.
I don't blame you booking a break to Sardinia and you haven't got long to wait!😃
I would ring the hospital and ask what the appointment is for if you are not expecting it- could be a mistake from the recent IT issues?
So glad that you are basking in some sunshine so important for you tomorrow Wildpurl it always helps on these occasions if the weather is good! On the day of dad's funeral, which was in late December it was cold but very sunny with a blue sky!
Lovewine the coffee house looks interesting!
I will be coming on the train and would prefer not to have to take a bus somewhere once I get there! If the station isn't far out of town I am happy to walk! I don't know Oxford at all so will leave the fine detail to you ladies that do! Just let me know what time I need to arrive by.
I can get there just before 10.30? I think I need to book my ticket soon as it is a Saturday and the train goes on to London Paddington! So would 11.00am be a good meet up time? Returning I can go at 4.30pm.
I expect that your dog walking group will take place this week with the Mediterranean style weather Lovewine!🙂🐶☀️
Joan I expect you are at Hay now so will be basking in the sunshine what a bonus!
Wildpurl today won't be easy for you with tomorrow ahead.
Although it's difficult today may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow. 🌻

Highlighted
Community Champion

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies, what a beautiful day and as you say Cassie, its expected to be in the upper 20s all week, even 30 degrees by friday!😅
Rosie, does the monastery cafe open just in the summer months? It does sound a lovely place. Expect its popular!
Cassie, how annoying about the problems with the building, you will certainly benefit from a week of sun in Sardinia to get away from work, maybe the appointment you have received is to try the procedure again? It is very stressful waiting for results and appointments.

Regarding Oxford, i dont think any of us have thought of venues etc? I know Oxford quite well as We go every year for a weekend, although havent been since BC, its one of my favourite places as i love the history and the College buildings, not to mention, Lewis and Morse! And Endeavour.
We are probarly staying overnight and OH is planning on spending time in the museums and the city whilst we meet up, we will drive as its only 1 hour and 15 mins away, the city has an excellent park and ride system, we arrive on the opposite end of the city to train station so we generally leave the car in park and ride and jump on a bus to the city centre, the station is about a 10 minute walk away from the centre of Oxford.
When we have eaten out its generally been in a pub or a chain like pizza hut / express.
There is an excellent coffee house which i can see if i can paste the link to , its apparently the oldest coffee house in Oxford, we have been in many times, have had breakfast and lunch which were very nice, only problem is its quite small and no bookings taken, so its a bit hit and miss at getting a table!

I finished work at 3.00 p.m today which was nice, much busier tomorrow though😬

Joan, have a good time in Hay, not sure if you are there yet!

Wildpurl, hope you can gather much needed strength for the week ahead and find some time for yourself.

Highlighted

Morning Ladies,

Sorry I have not been on the thread, it was a manic week at work after things settled down on Monday we have had two occasions where we have had to call the Gas leak team out and evacuate the building, nightmare. We still don't know what has caused the problem but we are having major building works at the end of the garden three blocks of flats are being built and the poor surgery has been shaking so I would not be surprised if this has caused the pipework problems. The emergency gas leak team came tested and said leave the gas off until the engineers were able to come to investigate further, they came on Thurs while I was in a meeting and left again because they could not access all room, there were patients and doctors in them!

I would have asked them to politely wait until the appointment had finished and then taken them in.

I had a lovely weekend it was really sunny and warm here in London when the rain stopped. The weather is predicted to stay well over 20 all week. I had dinner with ED who cooked for me and a nice walk on  Sunday with my dog walking friend.

Rosie your theatre trip sounded delightful.  Lovewine I love the pictures of your family, I am sure your Mum really appreciates you all managing to get together. Wildpurl I will be thinking of you and your family and send my heartfelt love. Joan I hope your trip to Falmouth was enjoyable you really seem to make the best of your time and are always up to something interesting.

I have booked a week mid June to Sardinia with YD, I feel like I really need a rest, I would have liked about ten or eleven days but unfortunately the flights are not possible.

I am a bit worried as I have got another appointment in the post for this week from the hospital, which seems really quick, I was expecting and appointment for the CT scan, but this is not it.

Has there been anymore thoughts on a venue or time in Oxford? I don't know the area at all and would like to explore a bit and so book a night or two somewhere central to where we may meet.

Have a good day ladies

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Wildpurl we all completely understand your position about not being able to make decisions about what you may or may not feel you are able to cope with. This is a big week for you and you need to get through it a day at a time! It is a bit like getting over a big operation you can never imaging feeling normal again but day by day you will get stronger! You don't need to make a decision about our meet up right until the last minute!
We are all behind you this week!💐
Lovewine so glad to hear that you didn't need your new raincoat I am sure over the coming weeks it will get plenty of use!😒
Yesterday we went to our favourite Sunday lunch time haunt at Tala monastery cafe! We purchased some of their carrot 🥕 cake to eat later!😋
Joan not sure which day you go,to,Hay but have a wonderful relaxing time!
Cassie hope you and the family are all well!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening ladies, I certainly haven't used my raincoat today, wellies were used first thing on morning walk as the grass is now very long and is wet early in the morning!
Rosie, your evening sounded delightful, what talented youngsters, always makes you feel very proud when the students do well.
My two nieces are 23 and 26 years old, the eldest one is only 4 months older than my YS and they went all through school together and are very close, which is lovely.

Wildpurl, please dont worry at all about not making Oxford, you have more than enough to be dealing with and we all understand a day at a time is all you can be thinking about right now, it would be lovely if you could join us, but totally understandable if not. Just see what happens nearer the time. I will also be thinking of you very much , especially on wednesday. ...💐

Joan, i hope you enjoyed your day in Falmouth, have a good week in Hay, the weather is going to be very good too.

Cassie, hope you have had a nice weekend.

Had a fairly quiet day, just gardening and taking garden rubbish to the tip!
Highlighted

Lovely photos Lovewine! 

Joan you are probably right that I will not be able to join you on 29th July, and I feel bad because it was at my insistence that the location was moved to Oxford. I don't even know at the moment if I will be able to face going to the fibre festival that caused me to make that request!  However, it is difficult for me to make any decisions at the moment, or to look more than a day ahead at most, so I will not make a final decision just yet but wait until nearer the time if that's OK with you all.

Joan you are certainly packing your days full at the moment, it seems as though your energy levels are back to normal! One year I would love to go to Hay, it has always appealed to me.

rosie it is good news that your second wound has closed, fingers crossed you have no further problems with it.

its a nice sunny day here and I have put washing out and done some gardening. I will try to get a bit of housework done this afternoon while OH is burning more old and broken fence panels and then we might go for a walk.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Forgot to mention ladies just in case anyone fancies a buy one get one free cruise the offer ends on May 31st!!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine what a heavenly looking cake!😍And lovely pictures of your family I am glad that your mum had a lovely time!'How old are your nieces?
Hope your wellies remain in the cupboard today!
Joan I can't believe it's a year since the Hay festival either I hope the weather will be dry!
A good job you got a seat on the train with all your shopping!🙂
I do hope that you get your piece of work finished before you go to Hay. Have a wonderful week!
Joan at last my last wound has closed,but only a week ago so I am still a bit nervous of it, that's why I didn't mention it yet! Hopefully this will now mean when the very hot weather arrives soon I will be able to swim in the pool!😁
Hope you enjoyed Falmouth and the photography show.
There were 5'different performances at the theatre last night and it went on rather too long it was well over 3 hours including the interval. They should have given each group a smaller amount of time. Our students went first and did us proud, they did a piece about Altzheimers which was very moving! The next youth group did an abridged version of the Crucible which was very well done but over ran! Then there was the young stars dance group, from which we have 3 very talented scholarship students which was an excellent performance! Following the interval there was another dance school from Paphos which again was excellent followed by a production by the youth theatre group which was the weakest link! The whole thing ended at 10.40!!!🙀 DH and I shot to the pizza shop on the coast road and he let us in at 10.55pm!!! I don't like eating that late but we were famished! We shared a medium sized pizza!
We have had a stormy few days with slightly cooler temperatures and it has been very windy the sea has been rough!!! All is still and sunny this morning!🙂
Cassie hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Wildpurl we will all be thinking of you this week- may you find comfort in the service that you planned with the help of your DD's partner and friends knowing that you have all done your very best to ensure that her life is celebrated as she would have wanted!💐

Highlighted
Community Champion

Mum and sister!
Highlighted
Community Champion

IMG_2038.JPG

Highlighted
Community Champion

My nieces
Highlighted
Community Champion

IMG_2036.JPG

Highlighted
Community Champion

My cake!
Highlighted
Community Champion

IMG_2035.JPG

Highlighted
Community Champion

Evening ladies, had a lovely morning with mum, sister and nieces, mum was very emotional as usual! she looked for a blouse and found a pale pink one, she also wanted a skirt, couldnt find one she liked or fitted anywhere😳, the cakes and pastries were delicious too!
Rosie, i bought mum some Elizabeth Arden foundation and blusher for mothers day, got them online at a good price, i wanted to buy her the skincare products for her birthday but i found the prices too high too😬, she likes Loreal, so bought her those!
I usually buy Waitrose own brand called Pure!😏
Joan, what a successful shopping trip, well done you! Enjoy the trip to Falmouth , i love it there. Cant believe its Hay Festival again, thats soon come around again😏.
Wildpurl, i hope you are coping ok and are resting up for what will be a very difficult week to come, we are all thinking of you .
Cassie, hope you have found time for yourself this weekend too. Any news on last weeks biopsy?
Rosie, hoping my wellies and raincoat will deter further wet weather, although today was wet again for part of it! I like the sound if your cruise for next year, may have a look and see!

Highlighted

Wildpurl, what a shame you wont be joining us in July, we shall miss you. I shall be thinking of you on Wednesday. It will be a time of heightened emotions for you but i hope you also  derive some comfort from the love your daughter obviously inspired in her friends and that it will be an opportunity to remember all the good times in the life you shared. It seems a very sensible idea not to have to face the pressures of being at work but also having the choice to do some work at home if you feel up to it. I think the time after a funeral can be particularly hard. There is such a lot to do making the arrangements and getting it right for the person you have  lost that it can help to distract from the grief. So i hope you have plenty of support you can draw on in the coming weeks. You know we will be here for you. If you feel able to, do tell us about the service. 

TiJ, good to hear from you and that everything is going well with you. Its such a relief when the annual check is over and its clear. I dont have mine till July because i had chemo first.m Life will be rather strange for you with both boys away at school. Have you plans for what you are going to do with the extra time it will give you? 

Cassie, good that the disruption to your IT system was resolved quite quickly and didnt cause you too many problems for the rest of the week.

rosie, that was a very quick trip to the UK, hope you are now recovered from all the travelling. Glad the appointment went well and you were pleased with the oncology centre. You havent said anything recently about how your wounds are doing or have i missed it? I like the sound of your cruise. I'd love to see the fjords and the northern lights. Unfortunately my husband has a middle ear problem and the only holidays on water he can cope with are canal boats and river cruises. Hope you enjoy the theatre tonight.

lovewine, i hope you all enjoyed your trip to Patisserie Valery and ate lots of lovely pastries. I think as people get older they probably appreciate those sort of things just as much as getting presents. I didn't  catch the interview with people near the pier, and you will have looked in vain for me.  I had quite a successful time shopping in Cardiff- bought two pairs of jeans and a top in M & S and  a skillet with a glass lid in a kitchen shop. I had to pass on all the pans i had when we got our induction hob and although it came with a set they werent  really what i wanted. It was probably a mistake buyiing it when i had to take it back on a criwded train but i did manage to get a seat. 

I've had quite a cultural week. Thursday we went to the theatre in Bristol,  Friday morning  i had my course on The Brontes and today a day school on Caravaggio. Tomorrow we're going to Falmouth to see a young relatives final show fir her photography degree. In between all these nice things i've been slogging away trying to finish a piece of work, which is taking a lot more time than I envisaged when i agreed to take it on to help someone out. I think thats probably why i'm waking very early and not being able to go back to sleep. We're off to the Hay Festival next week and I would  really like to get it done by the end of this week. 

Enjoy the rest if the weekend  ladies.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies'
We had a big storm over night!⚡️⛈we don't usually have them as late as May. The weather has been mixed for a couple of days but when the sun comes out it is hot! It is supposed to settle down to constant sunshine from Tuesday! By May we usually don't have to worry about the cushions getting wet on the patio furniture!!!😬
Lovewine we didn't go to the taverna last night as it was after 7.30 when DH got home so we went to the fish shop and that was heaving!!!! We were lucky that 2 people moved just as we were about to walk away!
We got talking to a couple on the next table who have a holiday home in Tala and say they always come for fish and chips to Coral Bay. She asked me where I thought to the fish came from and I laughed and said the freezer!😂 DH went to ask and it comes from Norway!!! This was rather a coincidence as I have just booked a cruise to Norway and the northern lights for October 2018!!! I saw the buy one get one free offer in the Woman magazine that I purchased to read on the plane last week! If any of you are interested they have several of these deals around Europe. The company is Newmarket Travel they have a website.
The couple we were talking to had done the Norway cruise this February and said we wouldn't be disappointed it was some of the best scenery they had seen!
Maybe now you have your new wellies and raincoat the rain will stop Lovewine!🤔
Glad you got suitable gifts for your mum!
When I had my 60th birthday and had my personal shopping experience, I had a make over using Elizabeth Arden products and of course felt I had to purchase one which I was given a discount towards! I chose a face day cream with a 30 sunfactor! I have since purchased another pot from the duty free and think I paid £33. I use it very sparingly and only here in Cyprus! It has now gone and I went to purchase another jar in Gatwick last week and it was £47 !!!! I said to the lady trying to sell it to me that I couldn't justify that amount!!! I use Astral moisturiser in the UK at £4 a tub if it's good enough for Patsy from Ad fab, it's good enough for me!😂
Tonight we are going to a Youth theatre production and our GSCE drama students are performing.
Hope you all have a relaxing weekend!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Evening ladies, Rosie, hope you got your report finished, are you at the taverna tonight😜🍷? Its rained again all day, in the last hour the skies have cleared and its sunny and warm.

Wildpurl, glad the arrangements are in place for the funeral, not surprised you are feeling tired and drained though, hope you felt up to a swim and sauna to relax you a little, shame about the 29th july, it would be lovely if you could come early, but as Rosie says we could maybe do another extra meet up squeezed in!

Joan, on ITV lunchtime news it was broadcast from Clevedon near the pier, interviewing people on election views ! It looked nice and sunny, i was looking out for you in the background😊!

Cassie, hope everything is well with you, expect you are ready for the weekend after the stresses of the week.

I went to Tesco to pick up some shopping earlier, they had 25% off clothing, got some great wellies which are an exact copy of the very expensive Joules brand for £10.00👍🏻, also a very pretty floral raincoat too!

Bought mum some face products, moisturiser, toner and day cream which i know she will love!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good afternoon Wildpurl I am glad that you have more or less finalised your plans!
Yes our meet up is July 29th in Oxford! Is there anyway you could come and leave early? I think we have all made plans around this date now. If you can't join us- which we hope that you can- we will have to have an extra meet up either later in the year or early next year! I should have more flexibility next year!
Highlighted

Morning ladies, hi TI tlj, nice to hear all is well with you.

im posting today because I can't remember exactly what date we planned for our meet-up but am afraid I may have a clash. Our village rock festival is on 29th July this year, later than usual I think, as there has never been a clash before, and OH is wanting to try to have family over, go to the festival and have a barbecue. I can't really look that far forward at the moment but wanted to at least establish if I am right and that clashes with our planned meet-up?

its showery here, has brightened up a bit now and again. I'm tired and drained after visit to funeral director yesterday but think all is in place now. Trying to sort out a few important things that need doing, like car insurance and wondering whether to go for a swim and sauna today or not. I usually find it quite calming and relaxing, so maybe

hope you all have good days

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine I am pleased that the weather improved for you it can be so different one day to the next in the UK🙃 It sounds like you had a good spree in the garden! I am sure that you will find the right gift for your mum you always seem to find something to please your recipients! 🙂
It was only a polish at the dentist thank goodness after my last big filling episode- which I have to say has not given me any trouble since!
Today I am sorting out some report information for a temporary teacher so that is going to take me several hours!
Joan and Cassie I expect you ready for the weekend!
Wildpurl hope all went well in London yesterday.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening ladies, a much nicer day today thank goodness! I finished work at lunch time and then mum and dad came to visit, after they had left i spent some time in the garden , clearing the end of it which has a lot of brambles and then having a very satisfying bonfire!🔥😊 its mums birthday on sunday and i am struggling to find a present for her, my sister and 2 nieces and myself are taking her to Patisserie Valerie in Leicester on Saturday, i have also got her some very nice Rose shower gel, think i may get her a scarf too😏

Rosie, hope the dental appointment went ok, shame the weather is a bit dull today, 21 degrees is wishfull thinking here at the moment sadly😕!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Wildpurl I am glad that your preparations for the funeral are coming together and that you are getting help from your DD's partner and friends. Thinking of you today and your trip to London. I am glad that you have been given 2 weeks off work and it is quite a good idea to do a little at home. Be king to yourself you have been through so much!
Glad to hear that your car is getting sorted and handy that they have given you a courtesy car!
Tlj how lovely to hear from you! We often wonder what happened to the other ladies that statarted the journey with us! I can't believe that your ES is now doing GCSE's hope they go well for him. You won't know what to do with yourself in September when YS goes to boarding school. Glad to hear that you are keeping well. Yes the surgery was a DIEP reconstruction following failed implants!😮 The 5 remaining ladies on the thread are meeting up in Oxford in July! It will be our 3rd meeting. 🙂
Lovewine what a nuisance you had to call your dog walking evening off!😒 You are right fish and chips never taste as good at home and especially without a pre supper walk!
After a very muggy day yesterday it is rather cloudy and even a rain cloud out at sea!!!😮
It is cooler today and meant to be for the next 2 days the high being 25. It's 21 at the moment.
I have a dental appointment this morning and then this later afternoon we have a shareholders meeting followed by meal.
Cassie and Joan hope the is going well for you!

Highlighted

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening everyone, what a miserable rainy day, not stopped all day! No dog walking club tonight, OH called in for fish and chips though, not quite the same taste as it is after a long walk!🙁 Rosie, annoying that you had a bad nights sleep again, i have been a little better this week, hope you had a good day and caught up with everything, shame about the dog hairs though!😳🐶 Wildpurl, i think you are wise to have seen the G.P and signed off for a couple of weeks, at least if you do some work from home in your own time it keeps you on top of things , at least you have a date sorted out and things are coming together for the funeral, what a very difficult day for you all, you will be exhausted too. You continue to be in my thoughts.💐 Tij, how lovely to hear from you and great you are clear, life is very different three years on, your two boys are growing up fast too, it will feel very strange with them both away at school!  Cassie, hope work is back under control now😏, has it created a backlog of patients now? Joan, have you had a quieter day today after Cardiff? If you have had the weather we have had i expect you have been pleased to stay at home!

Hello ladies

I haven't been on this thread for a year, so I am a little out of the loop with everyone's lives post chemo. However, I can see that Wildpearl has had a really tough year. My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.

Rosie, I can see you are still recovering from some surgery. What did you have done? Hopefully, a reconstruction and not anything more sinister.

i have just returned from my annual check up and all seems to be ok so far, phew!

Life moves on at an alarming pace for me. My DS1 who was about to go to boarding school when I was on chemo is now doing his GCSEs and will be in the 6th form in September. Where did those 3 years go?  Meanwhile my younger son is now ready to go to boarding school too. He is going to a different school to his brother, so from September onwards the house will be very quiet. I feel like a travel agent as I sort out all their flights to and fro. Annoyingly, their term dates are a week adrift for the first term, so we will be constantly driving to the airport to collect or drop one of them. 

Hope that you are well and emotionally moving on from 2014.

Highlighted

Good morning ladies, glad all went well with your appointment Rosie and that you are now safely home in Cyprus.

The funeral is now set for next Wednesday, 24th May, and I think we have got a venue also for the wake as of last night, I hope it will be booked  this morning. We have planned what I think will be a lovely and fitting service, although I am sure it will also be moving for all of us and I think it will be a long and tiring day in London, but I'm glad it is all coming together now. I am going to London tomorrow morning to meet with the funeral director and the funeral celebrant, DD's partner and one of her friends are both coming with me.

i went to see my GP on Monday and she has signed me off for two weeks, but with working from home allowed if I want to. I have been working a little for the last couple of days, just to have some structure and also not to have been away so long that going back to work becomes a huge stressful thing.

My car was picked up yesterday by the repairers and I have a courtesy car so at least that's in progress.

Wishing you all good days

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies here I am again back in Cyprus!
Yesterday was very long and Lovewine I had 10 mins connection time at Reading over the bridge again!!!!
I feel very grumpy this morning as I couldn't get to sleep and could hear DH doing his locking up routine and I could hear her dog scratching!!! Her little tag on her collar makes a noise when she scratches! She is moulting big time with the arrival of summer! Once agin the lounge floor looks like a hairdressers!😮 I woke up and it was very light and the birds were in full chorus I looked at my Fitbit which said 4.30 and was just on the way to push the windows shut, glanced at the clock and it was 6.30am - my Fitbit had not synced! It has now!
I have to be in school later this morning so need to get the dog out before it gets too warm!
Lovewine my throat felt much better yesterday so let's hope I didn't pick any other bug up from the plane!😬
Cassie I suppose your IT issues could have been worse hope everything is back to normal!🤔 Lucky the patients kept away!
Lovewine what a shame that the weather may cancel your dog walking group after the lovely weather you had last week!😒
Joan hope the Cardiff trip went well.
Wildpurl I hope that you and your DD's friends plans for her funeral are coming together and that it provides you with a sense of purpose over these difficult days.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies , Rosie , I hope by now you are back home after your long day travelling again, the dry air on the plane won't help your sore throat😬
Glad the oncology appointment went ok and you are now in the system for regular checks😏.
Wildpurl, how awful for you to have the car damaged on top of everything else , someone should have admitted to it , what a selfish person😣, Makes me cross too ! How are you progressing with the arrangements for the funeral ? And how are you coping? ( stupid question I know ), but take time to look after yourself.
Cassie, what a nightmare dealing with the IT issues at work, you could have done without that too,

Not much going on here, worked all day, rained most of it too, not sure if our dog walking group will be meeting tomorrow as heavy rain forecast again too😮🐶🐶🐶

Joan I hope you had a good trip to Cardiff and procured something nice at the shops!
Highlighted

Morning Ladies,

As expected the NHS system was down yesterday, it took about an hour and a half to restart everything safely I think IT had taken the whole site down more as a procautionary act than anything but had not relayed anything by phone to anyone. From home I advised to do nothing until some advice was taken from the IT department and as you can imagine we were number 27 in the que. Anyway all OK now which is the main thing. Patients did seem to stay away, not many came for appointments, so it was a blessing.

Glad all was well at the oncology centre Rosie

Best have some breakfast and get to work now x

Highlighted
Community Champion

YGood evening ladies!
I am making a response tonight as I will be leaving here at 8am tomorrow!
Wildpurl I am so sorry that someone smashed into your car as you say it is not the sort of thing you need to be dealing with right now! Feeling angry for you!😡
My appointment went well what a difference in the oncology centre here! They now have me on the radar and will see me after the surgeon has seen me in August.
Joan hope your trip to Cardiff goes well and you get time for shopping!👚👜👡
Good luck tomorrow and Wednesday Lovewine with your busy days!😮

Cassie hope all was well at work today?

Highlighted

Cassie, what a shame your procedure had to be cancelled after all the unpleasant preparation. I hope you didn't get back to work  today to find your system had been affected.  Paperless and integrated systems sound eo derful and we coukdnt msnsge eithout IT systems now but it is a salutary reminder of how vulnerable they are. I hope your daughter gets another appointment soon. What a shame about the problems at bowling. It must be hard for you having to cope with GS's understandable frustration and the reactions of people who dont know/appreciate why he reacts as he does. Hope you enjoyed your walk.

wildpurl, i hope your plans are coming together for your dsughter's funeral. Have you fixed the day yet? What a shame about your car, and for someone not to even own up. Good that you managed to go to the gym though, and you are clearly keeping  up with at least some of your activities. It is strange though, how the world around you goes on when your own  has had such an earth shattering blow. 

Lovewine, how terrible it must have been for you to see your friend being so ill that she killed her baby, and to try in vain  to get the professionals to do something. It's not  something that one would ever forget. 

rosie, hope you enjoyed your trip to Hereford and  that your hospital visit today went smoothly.

i had an uneventful weekend, gardening and working. The most dramatic bit was husband twice spilling large quantities of highly coloured liquid over our new, pale grey kitchen cupboards, once the entire contents of a cafetiere, the other the remsins of the gumbo we had for supper. Guess who cleaned it up. Guess how many swear words were uttered or bitten back! 

I'm off to Cardiff tomorrow for a meeting and hopefully a bit of shopping on my way back to the station. Otherwise another quiet week. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Rosie, hope your appointment went well and everything was ok, very much a flying visit this time for you before your return. How is the wound now? It really has been a long haul for you😳.

not too bad at work today , but very busy tuesday and wednesday, its been very grey and drizzling all day, not looking that great all week!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Cassie it was very unfortunate that the lane broke down it's a pity they couldn't have switched you to another lane?
DH had to keep,going with the preparation also,as he wasn't back until after 10pm at night as he had been down to Plymouth for the match!!! His procedure was at 8am the following morning so he just had to progress with it!!! He couldn't manage it all but he had enough for it to work!
Hope you don't find chaos at work today!🤔
Lovewine I hopefully you made the most of the lovely weather yesterday in your garden as the weather looks fairly grim for the remainder of this week!😒 I had a good time in Hereford meeting my sister we sat outside drinking coffee and eating cake.
Wildpurl i hope that you managed some quiet time over the weekend to prepare for this week. I expect you are taking another week off work?
Joan hope you had a relaxing weekend.
I have my appointment this morning so need to get up!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening everyone, weekend has flown past🙁  Rosie. I hope you enjoyed your visit to see your sister, hope everything goes well for you with the oncologist, i didnt watch eurovision so didnt hear winning song!

Cassie, shame about the bowling and GS being upset, you obviously needed extra sleep today after the last few days, hope you enjoyed your walk and work hasnt been affected by the recent issues.

Joan, have you enjoyed your quieter weekend!? 

Wildpurl, hope you sorted out what you wish to have for the service, hope you have found some comfort in this and also your journal.

I have had a fairly quiet weekend, local town shopping and just in garden and dog walking!

Highlighted

Morning ladies, it is a lovely day forecast today, so I am planning to get washing on the line and continue with gardening. I hope we will also find time for a walk.

Yesterday at at the gym someone smashed into my car in the car park and completely destroyed the driver's side wing mirror. As if I did not have enough to cope with but it is often the way. They left no note or anything, the gym manager searched the car park and found a car with fresh scrape marks matching my car and put a note on the windscreen asking the owner to call in at reception but so far no news so I suspect they will not own up. I have informed the insurance Company and if I hear nothing more by Monday I will go ahead and make a claim.y

Rosie what a journey you had! You need a good rest, especially with your sore throat, which can't have been helped by all that stress.

Lovewine, what a very sad story about your god daughter, and I cannot imagine what it must have been like for you to go to your friend and find her daughter dead. Your anger with the authorities is quite understandable, especially as you had tried to alert them to the situation.

Cassie, how very frustrating and disappointing that the procedure could not be completed.

lets hope that we all have a peaceful and restoring Sunday

Highlighted

Morning Ladies, Just a short post off to have a walk shortly while the sun shines. GS did enjoy the afternoon until the lane broke down then he got very upset and after half an hour of waiting for it to be fixed, he just wanted to go home. We had one game, a nice meal, which I have paid for since, I have been very sick in the night and did not wake until 10 which is not like me usual time to wake is just after 7. We decided to have a second game then the trouble started when it broke down half way through. Shame as GS just gets so angry saying it has spoilt the whole day and he was quite in the face of the guy who worked at the bowling alley which he probably found quite shocking but it is difficult to contain frustration in GS at a time like that.

The prep made me gag too Rosie, its just the sheer amount of fluid in the time allotted a ltr and a half in 1-2 hours is more than I would ever drink of anything then mine said have a rest, they must be joking I just kept going with the next lot another ltr and a half of liquid which had to be taken before bed so you can imagine I was washed out and wanted to sleep in more than one way :Woman Frustrated The instructions were not correct with the timings it took me just over 2 hours at a time to get it down, the instructions said start at 5pm for 1-2 hours rest for 2 hours then start the second lot 8-9pm, which would have been after 9.30 for me then take the second dose and go to bed at 11pm, fat chance I was still running.

I don't know what is happening with the NHS in our area yet, I feel loathed to ring anyone as there would be nothing I could do anyway. definitely the GP surgery where YD was due to attend on Friday was affected.

How harrowing for you lovewine you story was truly shocking and I am sorry that it was not prevented but it is difficult if the child had been forcibly taken into care before the terrible incident that would probably been seen as wrong too, it is a very thin line that the professionals walk and they do sometimes get it terribly wrong.

Have a good day whatever you are doing

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Cassie I am so sorry that they were unable to complete your procedure let's hope,that the biopsy shows nothing untoward! DH had one taken and we haven't heard anything yet! Certainly the preparation for the procedure was unpleasant and the solution made DH feel sick🤢! DH had the sedation infusion also,he did sleep for 3 hours later in the afternoon once he was home! But then he always does sleep if he relaxes too long!😑
Hope GS enjoyed the bowling.
Hope your nhs system hasn't been hacked all clear apparently in Worcester'
Lovewine I can't believe the torrid time that you had to experience with your best friend!
How simply shocking that no-one would listen to you this poor girl who was obviously displaying very clear signs of clinical depression and should have been picked up especially as you had voiced concerns to health figures! What a ghastly thing for you to have to witness!😢
It looks like a good day weather wise today so you maybe able to spend some time in the garden!
Joan I think you too will be in the garden rather than working inside?
Wildpurl I hope that all your plans are coming together for the celebration of your DD's life may you find strength as you make your plans! I hope that you too will find peace in your garden today!
I am going to Hereford on the train to meet my sister.
Did anyone watch the Eurovision? I didn't care for the winning song!
Have a relaxing day ladies recharging for the demands of next week!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Cassie, obviously our posts crossed, i am sorry your procedure wasnt completed, more stress then for you which you could do without.
Our hospitals have been hit by the Hackers and all non urgent procedures and ops are cancelled, its awful for people having to wait like your daughter too. What a bloody awful world we live in at times😡😬.

Try not to stress too much Cassie, i know easier said than done!💐
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies, Rosie, glad you arrived safely after a long day for you! I remember whenni met you all in Bristol i had about 10 mins to change at Birmingham and the train was stuck behind a slower one leaving me 3 mins to catch the Bristol train, i only just made it with the help of the very useful trainline app👍🏻. At least you have a quiet day today to recover!
Is it Worcester Oncology centre you have your appointment? Hope everything goes well.
Wildpurl, i cannot imagine how you feel , your daughter obviously accomplished such a lot in her life from what you have told us about her career and was highly thought of by her friends as they have helped so much when she was ill and sadly now with thoughts for the funeral, i am sure with all of the input from those that loved and cared for her it will be a touching service . It does seem very strange when touched by bereavement and tragedy that life goes on as normal, i felt angry when it did when sadness touched my life, many years ago , my very close friend had a baby born same time as my YS and we were very close, she was an excellent mother, she developed post natal depression severely, we used to push the prams down the high street every afternoon and she was convinced the baby was wasting away and dying, she then ended up in QMC in Nottingham after taking an overdose and i visited her there. She was released after 2 days😡, things deteriorated rapidly and i voiced my worries to health visitir and G.P, all went unnoticed, then one morning at 7.45a.m she rang me very calmly to ask me to come down to her house as something was wrong, i put my 2 boys in the pushchair and ran down to her home, sadly i found her 8 month old daughter dressed in her christening gown, Wrapped in her shawl and my friend had drowned her, The week before it had been her Chrstening and i was her godmother... 27 years on and i feel incredibly angry and sad the health professionals hadnt picked this up, after many warnings from me- her husband was very unsupportive, she was remanded up to Wakefield Prison alongside Beverley Allit, the child murderer from Grantham, i visited her many times, her murder charge was changed to manslaughter as she was diagnosed with post partum psychosis and sectioned, the Health visitor was disciplined and sacked. I think of my god daughter every day.

Cassie, how did things go yesterday? Hopefully all is well. Are you going out with GS today?

Joan, my tummy has never settled down after chemo, i have had to abandon my nutri bullet too, if you remember i broke my toilet!😬, too much fruit and veg always sets it off!
Highlighted

Morning Ladies,

That sounded like a very stressful journey Rosie, I bet you will be glad of a rest now. The procedure could not be completed which I am gutted about at the prep is most unpleasant, it was thought probably due to the previous surgery which was also a disaster had caused adhesions which meant they could not complete the examination. They have recommended a CT scan now a small biopsy was taken also so I will have to await the results of that too. I am not sure that the NHS clinical systems will be working when I return to work on Monday, I know some in the area and up and down the country were affected by hackers YD had an appointment cancelled which she had waited 3 weeks for. I hope the persons responsible are b.... proud of themselves putting peoples lives at risk and for what! Money apparently.

Still feeling a bit sore but eating OK and plan to go bowling later with GS as one of his birthday treats.

ED & GS escorted me home from hospital yesterday because I had sedation, I must say unless I had seen the stuff injected I would not have believed that, it had not effect what so ever on me.

Have a relaxing weekend ladies

Highlighted
Community Champion

Cassie I expect you are very glad that your procedure is over, hopefully it went well? DH started eating normally the day after.
Lovewine hope you are feeling better today sausage and mash always upsets DH! Glad you are pleased with your secret purchase!😉 Hope you managed to get your plants and get them in the garden?
Joan hope you manage to get the weeds out of the garden and maybe catch up with your Italian? 🤔
Wildpurl what a sensible idea to pull everybody ideas together for DD's funeral. I am sure between you that you will make it a real tribute to her life and interests. I know when my father died my sister and I found it very comforting to plan dad's favourite music and a poem he had written.
I can't even start to imagine how you felt when you got the phone call from the hospital. Well done for going to the gym and Sainsbury's you are right it will get easier. Although all the people you come across seem to be getting on with their lives there will be others like you with a heavy heart as they too have experienced the loss of a loved one.
I am glad that you are finding recording events helpful you must do whatever you can to get you through this very difficult time.
Continually in my thoughts.💐
I had a very long day ladies yesterday and I am very 😴! I missed the first train to Reading as I had to get from North to South terminal and the flight was longer than normal due to as the captain quoted" unfortunate strong headwinds!" That word "unfortunate,"changed my state of mind and I I was quite anxious for the first hour! Purchased some wine and felt calmer!
I had to wait an hour for the next train to Reading and it kept stopping outside stations due to tracking issues, which delayed us considerably. I had 19 min's to get my connection but only 4 mins when we pulled into the station!😬😮 Fortunately my trainline app gave me approx platform that I decided I would have to trust of course it was over the bridge so I rushed up,the escalator heart in my throat and down the one onto platform 9 where there train to Worcester was arriving! Talk about a close shave!!!
I got back here just after 11 last night! I took 2 nightnurse but still didn't manage a very good night! I am going to Sainsbury's this am then spending a day with my puzzle followed by an early night!
The temperatures here are certainly cooler! Back to winter clothes and socks!!!🙀
My throat is still very bad I did go to the pharmacy yesterday and she gave me some linctis and some pastels. I think it must be pharyngitis.😒
Highlighted

Evening all, Rosie I hope your long journey has gone well. Joan, I spent about three days writing down everything that happened over the week in hospital with DD and I found it very helpful and calming to do. I have since written down a few other things and will continue to do so. For the last few days I have been working on planning the funeral. DDs friends want to help so we have been using an online private forum to discuss ideas and ask questions. Today I spoke to the funeral director and will confirm a date on Monday I think.

i went to the gym and to Sainsburys for the first time today since the call from the hospital on 2nd May. It feels very strange to be doing ordinary things but I think it will get easier and it's probably a good thing to do. 

Cassie, hope all is well. 

Lovewine I had to smile about your new Hoover being smuggled in.

Highlighted

Cassie, hooe your procedure went well today and you arent too uncomfortable. Back to normal food soon, are you able to treat yourself or does the change have to be done gradually? Perhaps your poor sleeping this week was because of today? Are you having any time off work?

Rosie, your very long journey should be slmost over now, hope all went smoothly and that the dry air on the plane hasnt made your sore throat worse. Perhaps you will sleep tonight. Youll certainly notice a change in trmperature. Hope all goes well on Monday. 

Lovewine, sorry you are also having trouble sleeping and a tummy upset to boot. Ive had a stomach ache all day today, due, i think to the vegetable curry I made last night, followed by pineapple and melon! I was interested in something you said recently about your digestion not being the same since chemo. Ive been the same. I had to give up on the Nutribullet for that reason. I cant believe anyone still wants things starching. Does it make them more difficult to iron?  Thanks for the thriller suggestions. 

Ive had an uneventful week, largely working pretty hard. Nothing planned for the weekend either, husband needs to do quite a bit of work, so i probably work too. Then theres a lot of gardening to do. Thank heavens weve had a good bit of rain in the last couple of days, it will make the weeding a lot easier. Anybody got anything more exciting planned? 

Wildpurl, thinking of you. I think your idea to write things down sounds very useful, have you  found it helpful? 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie , you have a very long day ahead of you travelling, hope there are no delays or hold ups, would think you will sleep well tonight!
I had an even worse night- had IBS after I think sausage and mash for supper😬, had tummy ache most of the night.
Rosie , OH seems oblivious to household items and never asks , I haven't hidden the new one , it's in my utility room standing against the wall😏, I will keep the old one and maybe use once a week , I am very happy with the cordless , I whipped through the upstairs and downstairs in ten minutes!! It's light and picked up dog hairs well🐶🐶👍, it was also half price at Argos!

Cassie, thinking of you today , all the best 💐

Joan, hope you have a nice weekend, do you have pier duty?

Wildpurl , as Rosie said.. hope you have found some comfort in your garden - it is very dry, our garden is like concrete and the fields have large cracks in them, hoping for rain- looking out now it seems we have had some overnight, but not a lot .

I have today off, will pick up usual pet supplies and visit garden centre for pepper plants and early bedding 🌺😊

Good luck Rosie with travelling and Cassie with appointment!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Lovewine I hope that you slept better last night I slept marginally better!😒
Sounds like you had an enjoyable dog walk what a good idea for a group of you to get together and end up with a fish and chip supper even better to stop half way round for th chilled white!😉
What are you going to do with your Hoover upright will you keep it or try to sell it? Won't your other half notice the new one?😬
Cassie thinking of you today you will feel back to normal tomorrow and be eating normally by Sunday! 💐
Joan hope you have some leisure time planned for the weekend.
Wildpurl I think the weather has been good in the UK this week so hopefully you will have found some peace and comfort in your garden. I hope that you managed to get all your thoughts down in your journal.
I am making my solo trip today! 🙀😳 DH is taking me to the airport at 1pm.
I have a long day of travelling ahead, when I get to Gatwick I need to get the train to Reading and then change for Worcester. Finally gate into a taxi to get me to the apartment! I should be there by 10.30pm local time but to me it will feel like 12.30am!🙀
Highlighted
Community Champion

Morning ladies , Rosie, I had a terrible nights sleep too, birds started at 4.30 a.m , blackbirds squawking in an alarmed way at the young ones, had to look out the bedroom window as worried cats were about🙀, they weren't! Just felt restless all night😣.
Had a lovely walk last night in glorious weather, 7 people and 6 dogs , all behaved well, dogs did too!
Had a very nice chilled Sauvignon at country pub halfway, fish and chips at the end of the walk !
I have a fairly steady day today , have also ordered a cordless lightweight Vax Hoover , the one I bought in February I hate 😬, it's a Hoover upright and so heavy, very cumbersome to use and it falls over, it fell on my foot last week and have a nasty bruise now , dare not tell OH it's crap !! Anyway hope this one will be better and OH will be non the wiser a new cleaner has arrived 😊
Rosie , I don't blame you for taking life at your own pace , you had a lot to deal with in younger years with family and career , it's time to please yourself now and good for you👍😊, if I could change my life I certainly wouldn't have been such a workaholic when the boys were young, but then I was establishing my business and had to financially too- you can't win really😏!

Cassie, hope things go ok with your appointment , maybe a nice indulgent treat for yourself at the weekend?🍷👡!🌺

Joan, hope you have found something good to read, I am also looking for a good novel at the moment too.

Wildpurl, thinking of you,🌷
Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!
Cassie all the best for tomorrow it will come and go and hopefully all will be well! 💐
Lovewine it seems that most families are now having to cope with tragedies or terminal illness that's why I control what I do for school as I have had many years of stress trying to manage 3 kids a husband and a home and a full time demanding job! So I breeze in and out on my terms! Going in today to help a cover Yr 2 teacher with her assessments and reporting!
Had another bad night! DH Said he wouldn't be too late but did have a contract to sort out! I was just beginning to doze about 11.20 after reading a chapter on my kindle. A noisy car came up the other side of the ravine and the dog went out barking loudly- she lets herself out of the fly screen by pushing it back with her nose- followed by DH opening the front door which created the bedroom door to open!😡😬 Everything settled down again and then my phone made a noise! Switched the light on and couldn't turn it on so guessed the battery had run out! DH didn't come to bed until 2.46am 😡😡 then my throat was raging so put a strepsil in my mouth. I had taken lemon, glycerin and honey along with 2 cold and flu tablets.
At 5.45 the dawn chorus was in full swing!!!
I shall be glad to get 4 nights sleep without DH and the dog when I return to UK tomorrow for my oncology appointment on Monday!😉
Lovewine trust the dog walk evening was enjoyed by all! Did you get your starching done?
Joan hope you have a quieter weekend ahead of you,
Wildpurl take each day at a time and look after yourself! Don't rush back to work unless you feel emotionally and physically able.