68457members
360149posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Highlighted

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good Morning ladies I have just checked last year’s diary and we met up on July 20th. 

Therefore I suggest we pencil in July 18th for this year in the hope that Wildpurl will be able to join us. Maybe you will let us know Wildpurl as soon as you have the date for the village rock festival and whether we need to try an alternative date? Is everybody still happy with Oxford? 🤔

Highlighted

Rosie, i can attend either date so whatever suits you all !😀

Highlighted

Hi Rosie, re the meet up the 25th July is the weekend of a fibre festival I would like to attend. July 18th could be taken by the village rock festival but they do not announce the date until much later in the year. So I don’t feel I can commit to either date at the moment, the best thing is probably if everyone else can make a date then agree on that and I will come if I can.

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Wildpurl glad that you enjoyed your relaxing stay in Scotland it’s never easy jumping back on the bandwagon after a break! At least the weekend is here now!

Lovewine great news about your eye hope you manage the massaging! 

What a horrid thing to happen to the poor dog with the stick stuck in its mouth!🙀 dog and owner must have been very distressed until it was removed! 

Joan hope the year has started well for you and that you and husband are over the bug? Are you attending tai chi or was it called or was it Qigong classes this year? ( Not sure what the difference is)

I would love to be able to attend a class but with our travelling I am never around long enough to complete the course! 🙄 I need to find when where I can pay and turn up! 😏

But of course that’s most unlikely as numbers need to be catered for in the appropriate sized venue! 

I have another puzzle on the go at the moment which I need to finish before DH returns! 

Cassie hope that all the preparations are ready for the funeral next week and that the situation with ED has eased!😳 I will be thinking of you on Tuesday!

I had sad news from YS on Thursday night, they had to have their dog put to sleep!😢

She hadn’t been well for a time, I knew when we saw her just before Christmas that she wasn’t right and YS said he thought it would be her last Christmas! She was in severe pain and was given morphine but they suspected a tumour and said even if they operated she may have to be put to sleep as it would have more likely than not have been inoperable!

Obviously that family is gutted! I feel very sad for them as I know only too well the pain caused by loss of a pet! 😞

I am off to meet my sister today in Hereford!

Lovewine and Wildpurl I don’t think you gave your preference for the date in July for our annual meet up? I suggested July 18th or 25th. I know it is early but easier to secure a date in our diaries at the start of the year! 😉

Have a good weekend ladies!

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , a very hectic working week for me with all the post Christmas workload 🙄, hopefully things will settle down a bit next week !

Wildpurl glad you enjoyed your time off - downside of course is it is always much harder to go back after a longer break !

Rosie , hope you haven’t caught DHs bug , also I hope he is feeling better too - not nice travelling when you feel unwell .

Joan how are you now ? Expect you are planning your theatre trips for the year😄.

Cassie how is ED now ? Hoping things are settling down for her and you of course .

I saw the eye consultant last week and she was very happy with the healing - she prescribed some strong vitamin A cream and showed me how to massage the scar to prevent it becoming lumpy and creating a droopy eyelid !😱 I have to return in 3 months for a follow up and then hopefully discharged !

yesterday was a beautiful sunny mild day and Sunday is supposed to be the same - it felt almost like spring !

the day began with a bit of a drama though yesterday - one of the doggies from our morning group had a stick stick sideways in the roof of his mouth and we couldn’t get it out - it was 7.00 a.m and over the fields in the dark with just our torchlight to see it - he went to the vet as an emergency and it was removed under sedation , he is a 7 stone large weinmarner and my friend had to pay £160 so an expensive walk !!

Highlighted

Good morning ladies, 

it is grey and damp here although the sun is due to come out later.

i am sorry to hear you came down with a bug joan, I hope you are over it now. Rosie I hope DH has also now recovered.

cassie, I am sorry your ED is still having difficulties.

i had a very relaxing break in Scotland and then back at home, after 21/2 weeks off it was very hard going back to work on Monday and I have struggled all week really to get back into things. I dare say next week will be a bit easier, but January is not my favourite month and I always find it hard, as I would prefer to be hibernating LOL. I am trying to rest as much as possible and find a few things to look forward to.

lovewine I hope the workload has settled down after the festive period.

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Joan the bug has been awful! What a mercy that it didn’t grip you until late afternoon on Christmas Day! Glad to hear that you managed a trip to Lyme Regis, it hopefully blew away the cobwebs! 

I had it just before Christmas and it is still lingering! 

DH went down with it and had a dreadful cough he sat up for 2 nights on the reclining sofa as he couldn’t stop coughing lying in the bed! I could still hear him coughing though!🙄 He managed to get himself back to Cyprus yesterday and I fumigated the apartment!😳I really don’t want the horrid bug back! He seems to be jinxed with flights at the moment! The plane couldn’t land in Cyprus yesterday as there were 2 others already holding waiting to land but couldn’t due to a severe thunderstorm! 😬🙀 They had to hold for 30 mins and it was very bumpy!😳🙀😬😫

The weather has been diabolical all over Christmas I am just so thankful that I don’t have to endure winters there anymore!

The wind has been so strong that the work colleague that picked DH up from the airport said that his pool waterfall had been blowing upwards and thrashing the lounge windows!🙀

Cassie I am so sorry to hear that your ED is having a difficult time again that obviously affects not only GS but you! With all the upset surrounding the death of your brother you could really do without this! I do hope that once the funeral has occurred and the inquest is over that  you will be able to put events behind you and be able to move on. 

I do hope that this year will be better for you and the family! 

Lovewine I guess YS has gone back now so you must be finding it quiet without him?🙄

I suppose that you are very busy at work with all the post Christmas/ New Year ironing?😳😬 At least it is a bit drier for dog walking!

Wildpurl I guess you are now back at work after your trip to Scotland for New Year?

Highlighted

Happy new year ladies 🎆🥂 either date is ok for me Rosie ED still going through it unfortunately I have had GS for a couple of days in work with me. Hopefully things will settle soon some issues with BF trying hard not to get involved it's very difficult. The funeral is on 14th it will provide some closure still no news re inquest. 

Highlighted

Happy New Year.
Goodness, Rosie, you are ahead of us all. At the moment could manage either of those dates. Im not surprised you’re feeling flat after your rather hectic Xmas, but not too long till you see the family in France again. Lovewine, hope all went well with your check up today. Wildpurl and Cassie, hope you have had a good break. 
my Xmas was not quite as planned since went down with the bug OH had, on Xmas Day, headache, sore throat and hacking cough. Fortunately it didnt really hit me till late afternoon so had an enjoyable day with YD and family. We didnt have much planned for the next few days but what we did have had to be cancelled. It seemed to be somewhat better so was able to manage a family theatre trip on Monday and cooking for  family on NYD but worse yesterday. ED persuaded me to take the emergency antibiotics I had for the trip to Istanbul and they do seem to be helping so was able to manage a trip with family to Lyme Regis today. Lovely but cold. 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine I hope all went well with your follow up appointment and the surgeon was pleased with you?

I feel rather flat now ES, DIL and YGS have returned to France! It was lovely to spend some quality time with them! We will be calling in to see them on our way down to Spain at the end of the month! 

DH has developed a barking cough which sounds very deep, but the doctor has told him it is in his throat! He has coughed now for 3 nights!🥴🤦🏻‍♀️

He returns to Cyprus for 2 weeks on Monday where the weather has been stormy and very wet! In fact the sea washed over the prom where all the restaurants are at Paphos harbour! 🙀

Hope the rest of you ladies are all well.

I know this may sound a little early but just wondering if we should pencil in a date for our annual meet up as I know July can be a busy time of the year! 

Sat July 18th would be my preference could manage Sat 25th at a pinch! 

How about the rest of you?🤔

Highlighted

Good morning ladies , a very Happy New year to you all . I hope you had a good Christmas .

i only had Christmas Day and Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off as it’s quite a busy time for me - but I am feeling smug as everyone is back to work today and I have most of today and tomorrow off !!

i have my follow up appointment at 8.30 in the morning at the hospital with the surgeon to see how my face is healing and also to show me how to massage the area to reduce lumpiness of scar tissue 🤨!

YS is here until the weekend but he is Working from home today and tomorrow but it’s nice to have seen him for a longer visit .

Rosie you have had a busy couple of weeks , how lovely to see your YGS too .

Cassie how did your family Christmas dinner go ?

Joan I expect you have been busy too- I know your ED was visiting over New Yesr .Wildpurl I hope your new year was enjoyable in Scotland - a long journey for you from the south ! 

Highlighted

Ladies hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas!

We had a good time at DD’s she and the kids were fine! She had her ear packing out yesterday and stitches removed so she is feeling much happier!

We had a big family get together on Sunday of DH’s family and ES and family are over at the moment! They are now staying in Malvern in an Airbnb for 3 nights before returning to France! 

We are meeting up with them and my sister and BIL, niece and her partner for lunch in Upton on Severn! We are then going back to theirs for new year and getting a taxi home which I have already booked! 

The 2 cubic metres of shipping contains our personal effects from Cyprus arrived yesterday, fortunately we have a storage unit near the Motorhome and it was delivered there. DH spent yesterday afternoon searching for items that needed to be removed such as photographs and clothes! He returns to Cyprus on Jan 6th for 2 weeks so time is running out! It has been nothing but a whirlwind since he arrived back! 🥴

Lovewine how lovely that YS has been able to spend a decent amount of time with you! Hope your parents are both well?

Joan enjoy your quieter New Year with ED hope the meal goes well!

Cassie hope you and the family enjoyed Christmas and there were no crises! 😳

Wildpurl hopefully you have now arrived in Scotland for a Scottish New Year! 

Ladies have a peaceful, happy but mostly healthy new year! 🥂🎊

Highlighted

Just a quick post to wish you all an enjoyable  Xmas. Weve had the grandchildren all day, finishing up with a Christingle service at the church in YDs village, which was lovely. And nobody got set on fire! Wrapped the last presents for the kids , YD is doing Xmas Day so Im only responsible for bits-cranberry sauce, ham, stuffing,pud- and none of the organisational stuff which frankly is beyond me now. ED and partner are coming for New Year so I will be doing lunch but thats a lot easier. 
lovewine, hope you face is continuing to heal well. Wildpurl, hope you are t too exhausted after hour visitors and can relax over Xmas before heading north. Cassie,hope ED is more settled over Xmas and you have no further worries. Rosie, Im enjoying seeing your photos on Facebook. 

Highlighted

Good evening ladies , Rosie yes I was thinking the same thing the other day regarding the 5 years 😊 sometimes it’s pushed to the back of my thoughts and others right back again - certainly these last 2 months it’s been very much at the front regarding my scare with my eye area 😬.

Rosie have a lovely Christmas at DDs , hopefully the train journey “ up north “ will be more relaxing than driving !

Joan I hope you have a lovely Christmas - are you altogether ? Hopefully you are not cooking 😲

Cassie, hope you can find a little bit of time to relax too even though you are hosting Christmas Day ! 

Wildpurl hope you are enjoying time away from work and can unwind too .

We had a lovely family get together at my cousins house yesterday with all the extended family including my mum and dad , elderly aunts and YS was able to meet us there straight from the train from London - he’s here for about 10 days .

merry Christmas ladies 🎄- also to all ladies on the forum going through treatment and those who are newly diagnosed - thinking of you all .

Highlighted

Good Afternoon ladies!

Lovewine glad to hear that you have caught up on the Christmas ironing items. You must be delighted that your face wound is healing well and that it is behind you! 

Enjoy your Christmas at ES and DIL’s!

Wildpurl you must be relieved to have finished until Jan 6th ! Hopefully you have had time now to deal with your cards and presents! Enjoy your quiet Christmas and then your New Year in Scotland! 

Joan I suspect that you are very busy with last minute preparations? I hope your OH has recovered after his cold and that you haven’t succumbed to it?😷

It’s unfortunate that you have to work on Boxing Day! 🥴

Cassie hopefully ED is feeling stronger and you can all enjoy Christmas together! 

We got back from visiting YS and family in Plymouth yesterday. We managed to have a meal with our ex next door neighbours and I met an ex work colleague for coffee. We also managed to fit in a game of bowling with the family! We have today at home and are off to DD’s on the train tomorrow! 

This year marks our fifth Christmas Ladies following our cancer! May we share many more!

Wishing you you all a very happy Christmas sharing it with those you cherish! X🎄🥂🎁

Highlighted

Good morning ladies, 

I have been very busy both with work and trying to fit in Christmas preparations and some pre Christmas family meet ups so I have been reading but not posting for the last few weeks. I am now on holiday and do not return to work until 6th January and OH finishes today, we both really need a break, I am only just starting to wind down.

we put up our tree last weekend, I still have cards to post and presents to wrap but at least I now have time to do all that. Yesterday we did the first Christmas shop and will do the final one early Monday morning. We are at home with guests Sunday to Tuesday, Christmas Day and the few days after it is just the two of us and then the following Sunday we will drive up to Scotland for New Year.

Lovewine I was very pleased to hear your good news that you are healing well and should not need a skin graft. I hope you manage to rest and get a break over Christmas, albeit short, and enjoy having family around.

Rosie DH's trip back sounds horrendous! I enjoyed looking at your trip to the a Christmas markets and I think you must have had a lovely time. Have a good trip to Plymouth and a lovely break with family.

joan you have been very organised with your Christmas preparations, I am most impressed. Your tree does sound very festive, I hope you too have a lovely break.

cassie I hope that you will be able to start your break soon and that you are not too busy at work. You have had quite a lot on your plate over the last few months so I am sure a rest and some relaxation would be welcome. 

I wish a happy, restful and peaceful Christmas to you all

Highlighted

Good evening ladies, I seem to have caught up on the Christmas work and tablecloths etc, but of course i will have it all back again afterwards when everyone gets them washed again 😳. I will be working monday 23rd and delivering back Christmas eve morning, i will  have christmas day and boxing day off work and then do maybe half a day on the 27th , i am very much a Bah Humbug person and tolerate Christmas but really dont like it!☺️, so i dont really mind !

Rosie, poor DH what a nightmare of a journey home, have a lovely few days down in Plymouth , what are you doing for Christmas Day ?  Hope you feel better soon and also DH doesnt get the dreaded cough and cold .

Joan, your tree sounds very nice, even if it needs more space than you would like! Fingers crossed you dont catch the cough and cold from your husband.

Cassie, how nice of you to knit the poor bald chickens some woolly tabards , poor little things , i hope they have settled into their new home and live happily now. I hope ED has improved a bit as this week has gone on, you must find it very difficult to say the least with all the other things going on . Well done though for the weight loss, i remember when we met up in Oxford you telling us about  the 8 hour eating plan - obviously working for you .😊

Wildpurl, enjoy your rest from work, i really bet you are ready for it now !

The weather is very wet and windy again, its unbelievably muddy over our walk across the fields in the mornings, its also dark , fortunately there are 5 of us ladies who walk together, but its not a pleasant experience this time of year 🐶🐶, those sunny long days of summer seem a distant memory at the moment.

My face wound is healing well, i have an appointment come through the post to see the surgeon on January 3rd to check its progress and any need for a skin graft , but i dont think i will need one .

Take care ladies.

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

DH returned at 4am today!🙀 His plane had 2 aborted landings at Bristol, one due to the weather and the second due to a plane being on the runway! They were then diverted to Gatwick and it was 3 hours before they loaded the passengers onto coaches to return them to Bristol airport where DH had left the car! The coach driver then took a 50 min break at the Chippenham services! I went to bed once I knew he was at Bristol but didn’t sleep until I knew he was back! I have left him in bed! We are travelling to Plymouth today but don’t have to leave until this afternoon thank goodness! 

Joan your Christmas tree sounds very festive! 😄🎄

I managed to struggle ours up yesterday it is in 3 parts that have to be connected together. I plugged it in and it worked! It’s just white lights nothing flashing!🥺

I am recovering from my cold but it has left me with congestion and a wheezy cough! Hoping DH doesn’t get it for Christmas! 🙀😳🥴

Lovewine when do you finish for Christmas? Hopefully your clients will now have finished giving you their Seasonal linen! How is your neighbour?

Wildpurl I think you may well have now finished work for your break, have a relaxing time!

Cassie I don’t suppose you will have much time for relaxation until after Christmas with the family coming to you? 

Good Luck ladies with your final preparations!

Highlighted

Lovewine, what good news about your procedure and also that it was a very mild form of skin cancer. You must be so relieved. Now you can enjoy Xmas- well once you get through the mountain of ironing. 
Cassie, I’m sorry that things are not so good for you at the moment with your worries about ED and everything surrounding your brother’s death. At least you now have a date for the funeral. Well done you for losing a stone, especially with apparently little effort. I’m very impressed. I hope the two hampers dont set you back and you get some ideas for using them. Nice problem to have though, at least from my perspective. Good luck with the monitor.
Rosie, Good that your daughter’s op is now over but what a pity she is having to go through all the hassle of selling the house. Not having a buyer in a chain is a big advantage so I’m sure she was right, in the circumstances, to settle for that. I’m sorry  you’ve gone down with a rotten cold. But good it didn't happen earlier to spoil your trip. Did you come back with loads of stuff. Shame OH has had to make a quick trip back to Cyprus. Have a lovely trip to Plymouth. 
Wildpurl, not too long now till your two week break. Hope you are not having to work too hard beforehand.

I am gradually getting Xmas a bit more organised. We put the tree up on Sunday- it’s the fattest one we’ve ever had and positively bulges out of its corner. Its beautiful but a bit intimidating. Next year will have to look for a narrower shape. Still working pretty hard, it would be good if I didn't have to work on Boxing Day! Husband has gone down with a horrible cold and cough and has been in bed all day. Hope he doesnt pass it on or I will be scuppered. 

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Lovewine it sounds like you are going to be very busy leading up to Christmas!😳

Is YS coming home for Christmas?

Cassie at least you have a date for the funeral/cremation not an easy time over Christmas with this hanging over you though! Dad died 5 years ago today and we had to wait until Dec 27th for funeral/cremation. 

Good luck with the holter monitor!

Sorry to hear things aren’t good for ED at the moment she certainly does have her ups and downs which clearly will impact on you and of course GS!😳 Hopefully she will buck up over Christmas!

Joan I expect that you are very busy at the moment but hopefully you will be finding time for a little relaxation? Are you catering for the family this Christmas? Hopefully you are are not feeling so bah humbug? 🤔

Wildpurl not long now until you finish for your much needed two week break! Are you driving to Scotland for new year? 

I am feeling very sorry for myself as my throat has turned into a filthy cold! I woke at 4 rolled round the bed for 2 hours and gave up at 6! 🙁

Highlighted

Good morning ladies

I am very please for you lovewine that the procedure and healing is going well.

My friend has collected her 4 baldy chickens yesterday which I knitted tabards for I hope they keep them warm and they manage to settle into there new home ok.

The funeral/cremation will be 14th Jan the inquest ? Could be in six months as warned we don't know when, gruesome thought I know but he obviously will not be intact. Things are not great with ED again I could shake her but doubt that would work.

We have received two Christmas hampers in a day one from Fortnum and Mason and one from M&S so any ideas that are a little different to do with jams/lemon curd/lavender honey from last years hamper from Harvey nicks would be appreciated I am getting a backlog now. I only tend to use a little with a croissant or rarely these days on a Victoria sponge. I have not eaten breakfast for about 6 months now and have lost nearly a stone so far without really trying eating normally the rest of the time within 8 hours its supposed to be something to do with giving your metabolic rate a kick start, I am not convinced its probably just less calories but it seems to work which is the main thing, I don't really miss milk in my coffee in the mornings either so that good.

Oh and the holter monitor goes on tomorrow afternoon

Highlighted

Lovewine that’s excellent news now you can enjoy Christmas! X

We are at home now! I have come back with a throat infection!😞

Highlighted

Good morning ladies, well very good results from my second procedure 😊, i saw surgeons before and i was a day case patient again , it was discussed i would have a skin graft using either a flap from my eyebag area or skin from my other eyelid , i was given the option of a general anaesthetic as it was going to take 90 minutes 😮, thank goodness i opted for a local as when i was taken to theatre the dressing was unstitched and the surgeons couldn’t believe how the wound had healed , after discussions with them it was decided to allow it to heal by itself which it seems to be doing , i was told the skin graft could leave more of a scar, to be honest i am not that bothered! But even better news the pathology showed it to be a very mild form of skin  cancer called Keratoacanthoma and its gone now 👍🏻, i have to return on 3rd january to see the surgeon to see how its healing , but i dont mind about  that !

Rosie, i have been following your travels last week on facebook, looks like you had a good time. Glad DDs surgery is over and done with now, lots of stress for her too with the house sale etc, hope it goes through smoothly for her, has she found a new home close by ? 

Enjoy your trip to your YS , be lovely to catch up with them .

Joan, i hope you are not too busy this week, have you any parties / theatre trips planned this week ? 

Cassie, as Rosie said - i hope the inquest has now been completed, expect you are very busy at work and home at the moment too. How did you get on with your monitor? No more dizzy spells ?

Wildpurl, hope all is well with you , not long until your Christmas break from work! 

I am going to be exceptionally busy with work next week 😮- endless tablecloths, napkins , bedlinen and party dresses 🙀!!! But i dont care after my good news !!

Take care ladies .

Highlighted

Dear Ladies I hope that you are ok the board is very quiet, I have kept half an eye on it!🤔 

Lovewine I do hope that you are feeling more comfortable after your procedure? When are they hoping to have the second part done? I am sure that you will be really glad when it is all over! 

DD had her ear graft done to mend her ear drum on Tuesday and looks very tired! She had a general anaesthetic. She had an offer on her house yesterday much lower than she wanted but it’s an investor with no chain! The agent advised her she could hang on for a further 6 months and only get the same. As there are debts to pay that will be continuing to gain interest she was advised to accept. We considered it and also believed given her position, it was the correct thing to do!

Her estranged husband has been informed and I just hope he doesn’t refuse to sign any paperwork!🙀

Joan I am not surprised that you feel a little bah humbug with all poor YD’s events!🙀  

At least you got your Christmas tree delivered! 

We have had an enjoyable time here in the Netherlands and Germany visiting several markets! DH loved the wursts and gluhwein! 🤣 Pictures are on Facebook ladies! 

We are returning to Dover tonight and then on to Worcester tomorrow! DH has to return to Cyprus for 2days to sign some paperwork for the bank to agree loan to finish the second phase of the new project! He really at this stage didn’t want to be signing papers but the bank insist as he is still a director!

He arrives back Wednesday and we are off to Plymouth on Thursday for 3 nights! We are going by car.

The weather here has been mainly dry but cold with some rain and wind. On the wettest day we were in the caves in Valkenburg!

Cassie I hope the inquest has happened and you haven’t got to have it dragged out!

Wildpurl how lovely to spend New Year in Scotland! Are you going by car? 

Good luck with all the Christmas preparations ladies! 🎄

Highlighted

Lovewine, that looks very sore, hope it looks worse than it feels. What a very unpleasant experience you had. Probably best not to be told about it in advance otherwise you might have been even more stressed. But I would have thought they could told you it would be done in the operating theatre, that’s rather intimidating even when you are forewarned. 
Made some progress on Xmas presents yesterday in Bath and bought the Xmas tree this morning. For the first time the supplier asked if we wanted it delivered, after 50 years of trying it onto a roof rack, with, in the early years, the kids having to hold on to the ropes through the windows. Still not in a Xmas mood yet though, feel I might be turning into a real old Bah humbug. 

Highlighted

Lovewine I think it’s just as well you didn’t fully know what the procedure involved and that they got you in quickly! 😳 I had a cyst removed from my eyelid several years ago and remember only too well the pain of the needle. I wondered why 2 nurses were present for the local anaesthetic!!!🙀 To hold  patients arms down!!!! 🙀

It looks very sore but don’t let it spoil your evening out on Monday!

Unfortunately there has been no time to go into Melton itself and sample the wares! 🥴

We are based at Eye Kettleby Lakes which is a lovely site! We didn’t win at the bingo or the raffle! We are having a Christmas meal tonight, half had it last night as there are 160 of us! 🤨

DH and I have opted to have the cooked breakfast on offer in the morning as we are off to Folkestone tomorrow in readiness for the Euro Tunnel on Monday morning! 

Sending you a virtual bunch of flowers to cheer you up! Hopefully OH is spoiling you! 💐x

Highlighted

Ladies i dont know whats happening with my access to the forum, i have to continually log in and am not informed when there is a post , and your recent posts from DD s hat didnt even show until i posted mine 🙄

Joan , i am so sorry to hear about YDs loss of her much loved pet, it is devastating when you lose them , i think it was the right thing for GD to see her pet because they are peaceful and she will be able to grieve . Awful about SILs redundancy too, my OH was made redundant 10 years ago and on the same day we had to drive to Sheffield Uni for an open day for ES and then 2 days later to Reading Uni for YS it was really hard to keep things together, until OH found another job he then worked for an agency doing all kinds of work which was awful - i think the worse one was packing paracetamol tablets into packets for 8 hours 🙀, but like i told him he was at least doing something and not too proud to take jobs like that. Hopefully your SIL will find another job soon.

Wildpurl, at least you have a decent amount of time off for Christmas and it will be lovely to spend  New Year in Scotland.

Cassie, i hope you are ok .

Rosie, hope you win something on your busy day !

Highlighted

124BC630-0317-4690-94FB-F08521221DFA.jpeg

Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies, well i was called by the hospital Tuesday afternoon and given the chance of attending for the 1st stage of my procedure on Thursday, so hardly any time to panic ! I was give 12 oclock to attend and thought it was just going to be sitting in a room while the doctor cuts my thing off😏well i was in for a shock ! I was admitted onto the ward and gowned up and told i was on a list of 6 ladies for that afternoon, i went at 3 oclock and it was full operating  theatre with 10 staff and all the machines etc but i was awake , it was much worse than i expected, the injections into my nose and side of my eyelid were extremely painful, i have had a dressing packed into the hole in my face instead of having to wear an eyepatch until i go back next thursday, so i can at least drive and go to work on Monday. Its not too bruised or swollen , it looks like i have a slug on my face regarding the dressing! Am going out on monday evening for our dog walking clubs Christmas meal too.

Rosie you are about 45 minutes away from me in Leicestershire, hope you eat some pork pies and stilton too ! At least its fairly dry now unlike last night with all that rain again !

Highlighted

Gosh Rosie, you have got a packed day! We have a Christmas market here in the village which was last weekend, it is very convenient for us! I bought a few hand made things, I like to support local artisans. 
joan I am so sorry to hear of your SIL being made redundant, it is nearly always done just before Christmas, goodness knows why, maybe because of year end figures for the business. I was put at risk of redundancy the December after I had chemo and it is a horrible feeling, very worrying and stressful. I felt so helpless! However there is a big shortage of many skills at the moment so I would think his chances of finding a new job are very good.

lovewine, sending hugs, I am sorry you are feeling stressed over your procedures, which is quite normal, but I am sure they will go smoothly and you will be healing up in no time.  

cassie, sending hugs to you too, I hope things are going OK and you are not too busy at work.

i only have two weeks left to work before my Christmas break and seem to be catching up with the workload. I really need the break and we are taking two weeks off this year as we are both tired. We will be going up to Scotland for the New Year. 

Highlighted

Joan I am so sorry that SIL is to be made redundant what worrying news and to be accompanied by the loss of the much loved family pet! 😥 GD would probably have imagined all kinds of images in her head if she hadn’t seen her beloved friend after the deed! I have witnessed 2 of our pets put down and they just go peacefully and look as if they are asleep! It is a very heartbreaking time! 😢

I am not surprised you had 2 different earrings on leaving so early in the morning!🥴

I arrived at school one morning with 2 different shoes and one of the pupils noticed when I had the class all gathered on the carpet in-front of me! I went round without shoes for the remainder of the day much to the amusement of everyone! I never did it again! 😳

Glad you now have a second car at last!

Enjoy the Christmas market at Bath, very wise to use the train! Worcester was heaving last weekend for the Victorian Market!🙀

Lovewine have you got a date for your procedure yet? 

Cassie I hope the inquest will happen and complete soon! 😳

Wildpurl you must be glad of your warm shawls!

We are at Melton Mowbray with 160 club members for the club Christmas Rally! We didn’t get here until 5pm the M42 was horrendous! 🙀

We have an action packed day today with bingo, a raffle and a Christmas meal to name a few of the activities! 🤣

Highlighted

Sorry to hear there has to be an inquest, Cassie, how stressful for you all. I hope you dont have to wait for long with that hanging over you. 
Lovewine, its very understandable that  you are feeling stressed about having to have two procedures and of course you are going to worry until you get the results back. And a shame that its all happening over Xmas. But at least it is going to be dealt with fairly quickly. Glad the spag bol went well, I shall have to try it. 
Rosie, have a lovely trip. Good job you discovered about the booking hiccup in time to rectify it. Love the hat, nice to have something fun to cover the bandage. 
YD and family have had a difficult week. SIL was told on Monday, quite out of the blue that all the staff at the small firm he works for are being made redundant. Great news just before Xmas. Then yesterday they had to have their dog put down. They knew it was likely to happen fairly soon because he has cancer, is virtually blind and largely deaf but didnt seem in any pain or very distressed. But then his bowel control went. YD is very upset and GD is so distraught she didnt go to school today. The whole family went to the vets and although they werent there for the procedure GD asked to see him afterwards, and was allowed to. I dont know whether that was the right thing to do, shes a bit of a sensitive soul. Hope she doesnt have nightmares. 
I had to get up at 5am yesterday to go to a conference in London. It was only last night, getting ready for bed, that I discovered I was wearing odd earrings! Not only were they different shapes they were different colours and material. I think its a bit unrealistic to think nobody noticed, but there were people there I knew well so Im a bit surprised no-one said anything. Off to Bath tomorrow to the theatre but will be going by train because the Xmas market is still on and last weekend the park and ride car park was full and the centre of Bath very congested. Only bought a couple of glass tree decs but we did buy a car- not at the market of course! Its exactly the sane as the previous one though a bit more modern and very shiny. 

Highlighted

DA23F84F-A132-4F45-8ABC-EDA57D05DFE5.jpeg

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

Lovewine I am sorry that your procedure to remove your wart like thing sounds so complicate and not as simple as you imagined and the fact that you have two stages! 🙀

At least you haven’t got to wait too long!😕

DD is also having a procedure on Dec 10th to repair the eardrum she perforated at the Waterpark in Cyprus in May! She too has to have a skin graft, they are taking it from above her ear to repair the eardrum! She will have packing inside her ear for 2 weeks and have to wear a bandage round her head for the first few days! 

She found a hat to wear that I will post a picture of!🤣 I have prepared her a post op pack as we will be in the Netherlands at the Christmas Markets. It includes some new pyjamas, a puzzle book, a colouring book and crayons and a 500 piece Christmas puzzle that I have just finished! She is not very good at staying in by herself!🙄

(It doesn’t seem to want to upload!😡 Will try later!)

Hope you are all well we are off on Friday to the Christmas Rally!

Lovewine we are in Melton Mowbray, which I think isn’t too far away from you, over the weekend with the Adria Members Club and on Sunday go on to Dover for Euro Tunnel to the Netherlands for the Christmas markets for 5 s days. We nearly weren’t going! I looked all through my emails for the confirmation booking for the Euro Star and couldn’t find it! 😳😬 I phoned in the end and there was no booking! 🙀 I remember getting it all up on the screen and choosing the times and I really thought I had booked it! Fortunately I was able to do it yesterday! This is the first time this has happened, I have made so many bookings over the years for  flights, ferry crossings, trains, concerts and hotels and never not finalised the booking!😳

Highlighted

Hello Lovewine,

Sorry to hear your skin op is quite so complicated lovewine I will be thinking of you.

Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies , have just returned from Rugby after dropping YS back at the train station - it’s been lovely having him here for a week .😊

Cassie I am so sorry to hear things with your brothers passing are not straightforward - very stressful for the family .

I have been feeling stressed since my appointment on Thursday 😲- looks like the consultant wasn’t joking when she said I was getting a face lift on the NHS ! 
I am to have a 2 stage procedure , first is to remove the wart thing and get clear margins around it , because of where it is it’s going to be very tricky and involves me having plastic reconstruction a week after the first op 😬 I will have quite a big “ hole “ on the side of my eye/ nose and will need to wear an eye patch during that week ! The second stage involves removing skin from my other eyelid and grafting it onto the wound - that’s where the face lift comes in - it does sound worse than it is - hopefully !!! But I am not going to look very pleasant for Christmas , hope to have stage 1 within 2 weeks . Consultant still not sure if it’s a skin cancer or not and won’t know until it’s examined in pathology - but am assured once it’s removed that’s it 🤞but still stressful as you all know .

Rosie it will be nice to have DH back again - hope his journey isn’t too bad .

Joan , I couldn’t tell the difference when I made spaghetti bolognese with the quorn and haven’t missed eating chicken or fish etc all week .

Wildpurl , will you have a nice long Christmas break to recharge your batteries ? 
We are going to ES and DILs this year for Christmas Day which will make a nice change - OH is happy as it will be only the 3rd time in 31 years of marriage he hasn’t cooked !!

Highlighted

Good Afternoon ladies the sunny weather is certainly very welcome although it is colder! You will certainly benefit from your shawls Wildpurl!

Cassie I am so sorry that your brothers death isn’t as straight forward as it could have been. Do hope that you and the family can all agree on decisions that have to be made. Not an easy time for you! 😞

Joan hope that your complicated day unfolded without too many hitches! 😬

I have never heard of putting glasses in the freezer! 😮

Lovewine I guess your YS has gone back now? How did your appointment go on Thursday? Better weather for dog walking!

We had a power cut for about an hour this morning! It turns out that a fair chunk of the city was out! I had the washing machine and dishwasher going the radio on and my phone charging! When it came back on I rushed straight to the kettle to make coffee! 🤣

DH is on the way back he should land at Gatwick about 5.30pm and then he has the train journey to contend with!🙀

Highlighted

Joan, unfortunately there has to be an inquest my niece has some rather horrible decisions to make regarding arrangements and at the moment I just don't know what they are my opinion was asked but that is all at the moment.

Highlighted

How did your appt go Lovewine? Do you have a date yet? Sounds like the veggie meals are going well. I havent used Quorn for years, must try it for spag bol with the grandchildren, I have been using turkey mince. My cold has fortunately gone now, thank goodness so I am sleeping much better.
Cassie, I hope you are now in a position to plan your brother’s funeral and that the post mortem was able to give you some answers. The jumper sounds very ambitious, but what a lovely idea. 
Rosie, good news about the bowel screening. Presumably you’re going to the Xmas market. I’m going to the Bath one with YD and GD, while SIL and OH are watching GS play football. What happened to gender blindness? It’s going to be a bit of a complicated day, meeting up with OH in Bath to go and look at a car, then into Bristol to pick up some bedding from M and S because I screwed up on the delivery option and must have selected click and collect. Maddening. 

Is next week going to be just as hectic Wildpurl? Hope you have had a restful day today and maybe made some progress on your shawl. I have been pretty much nose to the grindstone as well this week although I did manage Qi Gong on Monday. 
Treated myself to some new specs today. Had new ones earlier in the year and decided to economise and get transition lenses. But while they’re they’re lovely in the summer I dont like looking as if Im wearing sunglasses in the winter. Discovered that not only do they react to light they also react to cold! In fact if they stop working in sun apparently they recover if you put them in the freezer! The opticians were doing 2 for one so I now have a new pair of computer specs as well. 

Highlighted

Good morning ladies, it is bright and sunny here which makes a pleasant change. I have had a very draining week so am glad to have a weekend to rest and recover.

i am very sorry to hear of your bother's passing away, cassie, it must be a great shock. 
the whole pension thing is very stressful, too, but I have found seeing a financial advisor helpful and I hope your pension advisor will provide you with some insight and options.

lovewine, what a few weeks you have had, good news about the mammogram but very stressful having to chase the consultant appointment and not knowing exactly what the treatment will be.

rosie I have never heard of a dog cafe, the photos are lovely, I can see why you enjoyed it

joan I hope all is well with you and you are not working too hard.

ive just finished knitting a shawl, I will post a photo when it is blocked. I’m now knitting another shawl, I can’t have too many in winter, they stop my neck from getting stiff with air conditioning blowing on it and freezing cold meeting rooms!

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies,

Lovewine how lovely to have YS for a week! As you don’t eat much meat I guess it is easier for you to create dishes! Did OH notice the quorn in his bolognese? 🤔

I really don’t envy you having to walk the dogs in such muddy conditions! 

Hope all goes well with your appointment today and that you can be given a date for your procedure that is sooner rather than later! 😳

Cassie I suppose all that can be said is you didn’t have too long to wait for the post mortem. Hopefully you can now get on and plan his end of life celebration. 

It’s very difficult financially planning for your future as non of us have a crystal ball but hopefully the rep from NHS will be able to give you more guidance! 

My DD took me to a dog cafe in Newcastle as a late birthday treat, it was called The dog and scone! The dogs were very sweet especially the little dachshund! 😍

The annual Christmas market starts today so it’s going to be very busy in town for the next few days! Thank goodness I don’t have to use the car to get there! Fortunately the weather looks like it is going to be brighter for the next few days!🙂

Forgot to say I had the all clear form the bowel cancer screening! I was very fearful when I saw the NHS letter arrive within a week of me sending it! 😟

Ladies enjoy the better weather over the weekend.

DH arrives late on Sunday! The spare bedroom looks like a sorting office with Amazon parcels that he has ordered for the motorhome! 😳😬

Highlighted

Good evening ladies,

Thank you all for your kind wishes and concern, I expect I am in a state of shock the post mortem is tomorrow, its really horrible but its not something you can put out of your mind.  I am one of those people who copes by being busy but not in a stressful way hopefully. I have made a start knitting a chicken jumper for one of the nurses at work she is due to adopt 4 ex battery hens in a couple of weeks time, bless.

The photo's are very sweet Rosie who's pups are they? Lovewine have you tried calms to help with sleep ED finds they help her. I can sympathise with the not sleeping then feeling tired all day.

I had YB and ED plus GS round for dinner on Saturday which was nice YD had already arranged a thanks giving dinner with friends and has now flown to Michigan for another Woman Surprised luckily her waist line can take it she still looks about 14 she is 30 now and is still asked for ID all the time!

Rosie yes we should be having someone from NHS pensions in next month for a discussion with 3-4 members of staff about options, I am already part time 28 hours a week so dare not drop more hours or the pension will not go very far. YD categorically said no way should I consider taking a lump sum to help with buying the flat, it is such a joke though having to estimate how long you will live mine is 88 years expectancy but obviously nobody knows. I have a fear of ending up in a care home then any property will be lost to pay for it, so you can't win can you, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies , Rosie I saw your dog cuddling photos on FB - how cute are they 😊🐶🐶!!

YS is still here until Saturday which is nice , meals are quite easy so far , I don’t eat meat anyway .. I decided not to watch the programme last night on meat as I know I would find it upsetting , but OH enjoys his meat , I have bought some quorn and am going to cook a spaghetti bolognese one night and see if he notices😏!

Cassie , how are you ? Still shocked I expect at the suddenness of losing EB - thinking of you .

It continues to rain here everyday , the fields for dog walking are like a swamp and it’s not enjoyable at all . We could do with some cold frosty weather .

Joan I hope you are feeling better now and don’t need the cold remedies , must admit I have been tempted to use night nurse as a sleep aid , I wake up very early and then feel tired during the day .

Rosie how nice to spend the weekend with DD and GC and to eat what you like too 😀... are you going up for Christmas ?

Wildpurl , hope the new job isn’t too exhausting !

Have my appt on Thursday with the eye consultant - not looking forward to it at all 😬

Highlighted

This one loved lickingThis one loved lickingA0EEB8C3-093F-4462-960C-F7F39BEE3538.jpeg

Highlighted

Good Morning ladies!

Cassie you must be feeling very numb following the sad loss of your brother. I do hope that you will soon be able to plan his end of life celebration. I can well understand the fact that you want to keep busy people deal with grief in different ways and you need to do it your way. My mum passed away just 2 days before DD’s 5th birthday and I got dad and sister wrapping up pass the parcel and my neighbour came and helped with her party and another good friend came to look after youngest son, who was then just under 4 months! It was the last thing I felt like doing before we had even buried mum but knew she would have been furious with me for cancelling DD’s party!

Hopefully your daughters will be a source of comfort at this time.

Do the NHS provide any pension advice? Hopefully in the new year you will have more brain space to work out what is best for you. Is dropping to part time an option?

Lovewine how did your vegetarian options go? I expect it was lovely to have YS, is he coming to you for Christmas? I think there will be more people going vegetarian after last nights documentary that I didn’t see but am listening to the reports on the local radio. I will be watching it on iplayer at my earliest opportunity. I think it was called Meat a threat to our planet?

Joan I don’t blame you breaking the rules with your Day Nurse before your theatre visit hope you managed to get away with it the second time? Hopefully the play was ok and was better attended than you feared! Hopefully you will get rid of your cold soon! 😬

I had a busy weekend in Newcastle with DD and the grandchildren we ate all the meals that DH would have hated! Mince and dumplings and carbonara, we did have a slow cooked beef joint on Sunday though! 😍 He doesn’t eat pasta and can’t cope with sloppy meals!🙄 I have a lot of pasta based meals whilst by myself! We went to the dog cafe for my late birthday treat which we all enjoyed! 🤣 I have never seen such a big Primark as the one in Eldon Square, it has 4 floors!😮

DD is going ahead with her op on Dec 10th as she wants it out of the way. She will miss the final performance at school but will have prepared the Key Stage 1 cast and will be there for the dress rehearsal. She has to have 2 weeks off school afterwards so she won’t be going back until after the Christmas holiday. I am upset that I can’t be there for her! She doesn’t want the help of her estranged husband! 

Wildpurl have you got anymore projects on the go following the completion of your stripy jumper?

I am not enjoying this damp grey weather! 🙄

Highlighted

Oh Cassie, I am so sorry. What a terrible shock. And he seemed to be doing so well. I guess the only consolation is that he seems to have died peacefully, in his sleep. But it is a big thing realising that you are now the eldest. You’re a real trooper going into work yesterday, as you said, a bit of a nightmare. Is there anybody you could talk through your pension options with, it seems such a big decision to have to take. 

Lovewine, great news about your mammogram results. But what a nuisance about your delayed referral. I hope that once you have seen the consultant you will quickly get an appointment for the procedure. I can understand how conspicuous you feel though, although it probably feels more visible to others than it actually is. Is your son’s decision to go veggie sudden? You certainly havent had much notice. We have ED and partner staying this week. Not much notice for that either but at least no dietary changes. How did the visit to the garden centre go? I went to our local one last Sunday, to belatedly buy some plants to do my winter window boxes. Big mistake. The place was heaving with people buying Xmas presents, coachload in, parking horrendous.

Rosie, what a shame about EDs appointment. Hope she can change it, quite the worst time of the year for a teacher. And you would obviously like to be there for her. How lovely to see the Xmas lights switch on, cathedral square is lovely, at least if you dont look at the modern shopping centre! And well done on the two for one. Sorry you had such a dreadful journey here, not just the flight but then the train problems. 
wildpurl, the sweater looks great. Glad you’re enjoying the job even though it’s hectic.

My cold is drifting on. I did break the rules and use Day Nurse before going to the theatre and no noticeable ill effects. Going to the theatre again tomorrow, in Bath this time, so will probably do it again. Managed to get tickets for ED and partner too, in the same row, so it probably isnt going to be very well attended. Sunday I think I shall be doing lunch for all the family. 

Highlighted

Cassie, i am so sorry about your brother, what a terrible shock for you all, i hope also you can sort out your future plans regarding your flat and pension etc . Thinking of you .💐

Highlighted

Thank you Rosie

Highlighted

Just a quick message Cassie to say I am so sorry for your loss! What a shock! Thinking of you and the family over the coming days!💐
Highlighted

Good afternoon ladies,

Lovewine sorry you have had problems with your referral, I must say a bit odd these days as everything should be done in the consultation with you and then sent online by the GP after a discussion of where you would prefer to be seen. Hopefully your appointment will be soon. Rosie welcome back I bet you are feeling the cold it has been very cold here for about a week some days 3 degrees oddly getting warmer towards the evening.

We had a massive shock on Wednesday evening sadly my eldest brother passed away it appears to have been sudden and in his sleep bless him he did not turn up to see his youngest daughter arranged on Tuesday for Wednesday lunch time everyone was phoning him and we could hear the phone ringing inside his flat but could not unlock the door because the key was in the door inside. He seemed peaceful as if asleep but as it was not expected I think there will have to be an autopsy.

I walked home with my younger brother after feeling very odd like I needed to inform someone, parent or older sibling sadly I am the eldest now, both older brothers deceased and both parents no aunts or uncles. Like the worrier I am I went into work yesterday because it was mad busy with a windows 10 upgrade in process 14 PC's and only 5 in two days complete and some programmes still don't work and some people can not log into the machines to work, what a nightmare, my PC has not been touched yet!

I gave my machine up for a couple of hours for other members of staff to do some urgent work.

I have been looking into my pension options as previously mentioned it looks like a discussion will be needed with YD who still lives with me, there is no way I could survive I on the NHS pension alone and no way I can continue until 67 so I have the option of either taking a lump sum and help YD buy our flat and keep working or try to carry on and leave things as they are for as long as possible just retire the pension if that makes sense and have a monthly income.

My dog walking friend is doing well she says no discomfort now and is walking well, no news with anywhere for her to live though the landlord has started building work on the ground level below her, they cut the water off over the weekend by accident a couple of weeks ago, accidentally on purpose maybe Woman Frustrated