cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

11,280 REPLIES 11,280
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Good morning ladies , thankfully we are not included in the area of lockdown in Leicester - only just though ! - our village comes into the market harborough council district and is 8 miles south of Leicester , but 4 miles away it’s lockdown again which includes ES and DIL who are very fed up again 🙁. I am not surprised at all this happened and after seeing the demonstrations and raves etc it seemed inevitable , it’s also well known in the inner city for having many small textile factories employing illegal workers and housing them in appalling conditions on less than the minimum wage - the owner of one in particular factory is also known for this - he drives a brand new Mercedes 4 wheel drive and lives in a large house in the suburbs ! Been raided many times but seems to get away with it .

YS leaves tomorrow and it’s been lovely having him home for a week , he’s working from home until at least next January which he doesn’t enjoy at all .

Rosie I read the sales of motor homes and caravans have rocketed recently - people are feeling safer holidaying this way , although looking at the news it appears the holidays in Spain etc are now back in some sort of business !

Cassie - I hope the situation with ED and her ex have settled down a little , very difficult .

Joan , hopefully you can relax this weekend now you have finished your work project , not sure if it will be in the garden though as here it’s blowing a gale and grey skies !

Wildpurl , glad all is good with you and you are able to get out and about in your area and work from home too .

My Dad has the district nurse visit twice a week to dress his ankle now - waiting to see another consultant and also to have a CT scan to see what’s going on in more detail .

Have a good weekend ladies - it will be interesting to see what happens today with the pubs reopening !! 

Highlighted

Hi ladies. Rosie, I dont think you are being at all reckless, but as over 70s and because of my asthma I have been ultra cautious so far so want to take it quite slowly. We did venture out for our first trip yesterday, to the gardens of the Bishops Palace in Wells, which was lovely, and very well organised. We even had a cup of tea! Wells high street was also well organised with arrows and footprints showing the direction of travel. Pity about the idiots ignoring it but there werent many of them. You must be really pleased to have bought your motor home, perfect for travelling while social distancing. I hope your daughters house purchase goes through soon, its very stressful in the best of circumstances. My hairdresser contacted me last week.  They are opening next  week but I need to let my hair grow a bit before I go, I’ve been lopping bits off so its reasonably short but with no style! I cut OHs hair early on but he then decided to let it grow and just change the style so it all goes back. He looks a bit like that seedy nightclub owner, Peter Stringfellow, which is not a good look. 
Cassie, what a horrible situation for ED, especially since he was the one who left. I hope it will resolve soon. How is GS getting on? How are things at work? I imagine you really need some time off now. Have all your knitting projects finished?
Lovewine, are you affected at all by the lockdown in Leicester. I think you live quite some way away? How lovely to have YS to stay. How is your dad? 
Wildpurl, are you going to be able to work largely from home over the next few months? 
I have given myself a few days off having been working quite hard over the last little while. The Zoominar on Wednesday was weird and I made a bit of a Horlicks of my presentation but at least its done. YD and family off camping for a few days this Sunday so will miss the daily Facetime sessions with the kids though GD thought she might be ringing us anyway. And no family Zoomtime this weekend because ED is working. Might get around to all the things I kept promising myself to do unless its nice weather, in which case a bit of gardening followed by an afternoon lounging in a recliner reading and dozing. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Ladies I have written the date for next year’s meet up to bring forward when I transfer dates into 2021 diary!
Lovewine I don’t think the Leicester lockdown affects you? After seeing the pictures of a BLM protest and a rave 2 weeks ago it’s hardly surprising and this behaviour is indeed reckless!

DH is not coping well and if we have to go back into lockdown he will become even more unbearable to live with!😬 We are both very stressed about DD’s house completion which should have happened last week! She looks awful she isn’t sleeping and the builder her and her partner are buying the house from is now pushing for completion as they have a waiting list for the particular type of house!

Joan I have found that the NT properties are very safe to be at and if you are members would encourage you to visit. Entry has to be booked online. 
Dudley Zoo was a different kettle of fish, there seemed to be too many people with several small children! The toilets in one block had all cubicles open and the hand driers going, yet in another a one in one out policy and someone policing it- but hand dries still in operation! I suppose if they had put out paper towels in Dudley they would have been removed!😳 Needless to say I shook my hand dry!

My hairdresser phoned me today and booked me in for Saturday morning- I was her first call!☺️
Cassie I am sorry to hear that ED is being hassled by her ex and hope that she can resolve the situation. I don’t really know what her options are other than approach the police to give him a warning? 
Wildpurl we have managed to use click and collect for shopping! In the early weeks if lockdown it was very hard to get a slot but there are plenty of slots now!

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

I have just caught up on your posts, sorry ye I agree with wildpurl and Joan, I would not be comfortable traveling on public transport or traveling to a potentially crowded area in Oxford. It has been difficult enough in London to just go to the shops, having to walk through back streets where possible as most pavements are not even 2 metres wide let alone the people who are on mobiles or just don't care. Sorry ladies if we all act a little more conservatively hopefully we can get back to some sort of normal quicker and safer. I saw ED on Sunday things are not good she is trying very hard to get through things but her Ex is in a bad way with depression and seems to be spiralling downwards turning up at her door and emailing at all hours. ED is sympathetic toward him although he was the one that left but feels they have been through so much and things have gone too far this time. I feel its a case of watch this space!

Rosie good you have the camper van and can move around safely I do not blame you in the least, I have booked a couple of weeks off work the 2nd in July and last week of August. I doubt I will do anything in particular except have a rest, we have started 2 new staff and I hope they can start on some of the routine work that I do.

Sorry to hear you father is so unwell lovewine and things are not looking good with COVID in Leicester.

Best wishes to all Ladies

Highlighted

No I don’t think you are being reckless at all Rosie! I have been shopping when the garden centres opened, I go to the supermarket every other week (we take turns) and I have been into work about once a week for the last month. But these are all quite limited and well understood situations, the NT will be the same, and I would not rule out visiting, and your camper parks too. What I am not keen on is situations with large concentrations of excited people who are not thinking about what they are doing. Maybe this won’t be the case, but I don’t think I will find it relaxing at the moment. I’d rather just let it all settle down first. 
I’ll look forward to your reminder next year!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good afternoon ladies , regarding our meet up this year , I would have fitted in with everyone else - I can understand the reluctance to travel on public transport etc but I would have been ok with doing so myself . What a shame, but next year will soon come round .😀

Rosie , how nice to have things to look forward too - it has been very difficult missing out on so much this year , it will be much appreciated I am sure by your ES and DIL having some help with the move !☺️ Fingers crossed also for DDs smooth house move - all very stressful .

YS has finally returned for a week - he has a weeks holiday booked from work so it’s lovely to see him ! It’s been difficult for him living and working in London alone - very isolating ! 
Joan , sounds like you are hectic at the moment - I hope you manage to finish everything and then can relax ! 
Cassie I hope everything is ok with you? And your ED too ? Very difficult to cope with a relationship breakdown without the added stress of the virus .

Wildpurl , good things are returning to a new kind of normal even though you are working from home still  

I continue to plod on with my work - surprisingly busy the last few weeks which is good news . OH and ES have had redundancies at their work which is all a worry but not surprising .

i continue to enjoy your photos Rosie 😊- I will look forward to the ones further afield !👍

Highlighted
Community Champion

I had a feeling that would be the outcome! I guess Lovewine and Cassie would prefer to cancel our meet up this year also! I will put a note in my diary to reschedule to next July 17th. I will remind you in the New Year!

I guess you think we are being a little wreck less with our proposed trips?😳

We are staying on camping sites where the distance between Motorhomes is 6 metres apart and are Covid safe. 
Our French trip takes us to Nancy, the town where eldest son lives, for a week. He is moving house on July 1st and will have a few jobs for his dad to do! 🤣
Joan I have to say the NT places we have visited have been well planned with booking only slots to reduce numbers and one way systems in place. Only the gardens have been open and thankfully the toilets! 😅

Highlighted

This is just a quick response having just read Rosies message about meet up in July. I’m afraid I’m with Wildpurl on this, I want to be very cautious for a bit longer and see whether the infection rate goes up. 

Lovewine, I’m really sorry about the problem your dad is having. I can understand his refusal to have further surgery, given what happened last time. What a horrible choice for him though, snd such a worry for you and your family. 

Sorry to be so brief, and not to have posted for so long. I’m a bit heads down at the moment preparing a presentation which I have to give on Zoom on Wednesday.  Its good that you are all still well and coping. Rosie, you seem to be having a lovely time visiting NT places.its good ES is going to be able to come over and you have several trips planned. We are thinking of having our first outing soon, but only a trip to the Bishops Palace in Wells, which YD tells me is really well organised and so far not busy.

Hope to do a more leisurely post after Wednesday. Take care everyone

Highlighted

Hi Rosie, I don’t think I am ready to use public transport just yet, or go into a crowded city centre or a socially distancing restaurant. While there is nothing wrong with any of these things I am inclined to be very conservative in my approach to lockdown easing and I would like to wait until the initial euphoria/hysteria is over and also see what effect the new freedoms have on the infection rate before starting to go out again.

So I will give this year's meet-up a miss, and hope that things will be different next year.

I am glad to hear you are able to meet up with your family this summer and I hope you have a wonderful time on your travels - I will keep a lookout on FB!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Wildpurl, glad to hear from you and that you are ok.

Loveine sorry to hear about the condition of your dad, I can see why he would not want to have further surgery! I can remember he was very ill the year my dad died! I expect that your poor mother is worried about him! 🙄

Hopefully you have resumed your dog walks, even when the pubs open I think we will have to book in to start with? 
It is DH’s birthday on 4th July, so it will be one to remember! We have booked a local restaurant for a meal! 
We have visited several National Trust properties since they reopened! We also went to Slimbridge last week which was very enjoyable! 
We are taking MIL 94, to Dudley Zoo tomorrow which is near where she lives! DH and his brother have been taking her out walks to her local park. She is missing her social life very much, she had a bowls and a yoga class at her community centre and would get lunch there at least once a week. We figured it would be safe to take her whilst numbers are still managed and restrictions in place! 
We are off in our Motorhome to Tewkesbury for 3 nights on July 6th, then down to Plymouth for 4 nights to see YS and family! 😀 Later in July we are off to Whitley Bay to visit DD and partner and grandchildren! DD is having a nail biting finish with the completion of her house that has been going on since early December😬 It makes me feel quite ill and I hope that she will hear good news early this week! 😬

Due to the lifting of the quarantine ES and family can now come over in August! 😀 I have booked for us to take the motorhome via the tunnel over to France early September! 
So ladies what do you want to do about our July 18th meet up? If we travel by train we will need to wear a mask and we will need to book a table soon if we are going? I am happy to go how about the rest of you? Please let me know your feelings I am happy to make the booking! 
Lovewine I went to the Gower coast on a Guide camp so it is several years since I have been! 😯

Hope you are all keeping well and feeling a sense of normality returning to your lives! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies , the week seems to fly past , can’t believe we are half way through the year , what a strange year it’s been too 😏.

Things are gradually returning to what will be a new normal I suppose , we have seen ES and DIL in each other’s gardens a few times , haven’t seen YS since January though !

My mum and dad are obviously still isolating except for dads health care appointments which he had at the hospital on Friday - he has an ulcer on his ankle which will not heal - after months of mum dressing it and seeing the nurse , he was referred to see a consultant , after ultra sound scan on Friday it’s discovered he has 2 blockages in his leg caused by his usual issue of vascular disease , the dilemma given to him was : surgery to “ strip “ the veins again in his leg or leave and possibly have his foot amputated 🙁, dad his adamant he won’t have any further surgery as it resulted in 3 cardiac arrests and more damage to his heart 5 years ago when he had it before ... so that’s the situation with Dad . 
It looks like we are heading for some hot weather later in the week , our dog walking group haven’t met at all so far this year - we hope to resume this week , but it won’t be quite the same without the cold glass of wine at the pub followed by fish and chips ! 
Rosie , when are you going on your trip for ESs birthday get together ? A couple of my friends booked various holiday cottages for July last week 😊, I am going to book somewhere maybe for September - quite fancy the Gower as we haven’t been to that part of Wales , love Pembrokeshire and have visited many times and north wales too .  Any recommendations would be very helpful !

Take care ladies .

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

hope you are all well, there are some slow signs of more normality now but I don’t think we will be free of booking slots online or queueing to shop for some time! I hope the new bubble arrangements might have helped some of you have more access to some of your family? It makes no difference to me or OH as none of them lives alone and most of them live a reasonable distance away, but the time will come I’m sure.

we are both still working from home and have been taking days off during May and June so have made good progress with the garden and have also done lots of walking in our local area, we have discovered so many beautiful and unknown to us walks and have been really enjoying them.
I have been in to work a few times to workshops with my team which is more efficient face to face, it makes a change but is very strange as there are so few people allowed in each area to support social distancing.

we are planning to refurbish our study as a proper home office sometime soon, as we expect to be wfh for some time to come, and have ordered a new shed to clear lots of stuff (polite version) off our patio and store the bikes in a more accessible location. That should keep us busy for a bit.

Ive also been knitting and have recently finished a shawl and a pair of gloves. I’m working on a winter and a summer cardigan at the moment, depending if it is hot or cool outside!

I would post some photos but the forum seems unable to reduce the size of mine to match its requirements and I CBA to faff with them at the moment. 

Highlighted

Yes Rosie YD lives with me and has been at home since 2 weeks before lockdown, we have both been working the whole time her at home in small flat so a bit difficult at times.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!

Lovewine I am glad that you enjoyed your birthday and I love the Chinese lantern! 😍 What a lovely gift!
Glad to hear that work is picking up for you again.

Cassie sorry to hear about ED’s latest split and  hope it won’t affect GS too much! 😕

Has YD been with you over the Lockdown?
Cassie time does seem to be passing us by we go from one week to the next! I love the fact that you likened yourself to Goldilocks hopefully you will find the buttons that are just right!😏

Joan how lovely to be able to have a meet-up with YD and family!

My friend asked me to choose 6 pairs of earrings to keep and those In the picture were all mine to keep Joan! 😄

How unlucky with the printer ink accident, you could have done without that!

Lovewine my walks round the canal and river have kept me sane during this time! I see something different everyday!

Since the National Trust has opened its grounds I have booked several slots! We are off to Hanbury Hall this afternoon and Brockhampton on Monday. Slimbridge is open from Monday and I managed to get a slot for Thursday! Ladies our lives rely on booking slots online for everything!🙄

I am thankful that some normality is returning to our lives as DH and I have now had enough! I will be glad to see the children and grandchildren in person rather than on a screen! It was ES’s 40th birthday on Tuesday and we did a group whats app video call! 
DD is still waiting to have the contracts exchanged on her property! 😬

YS is back at work he is the manager of a garage workshop and he says they are very busy!

We are just waiting with baited breath that the recent protests around the country don’t provide us with a second wave of the virus! Personally I think the whole thing has got  

out of hand and one wonders where it will all end!🙀😬
Stay well and safe ladies!

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

The lantern is lovely lovewine have you used it yet! The masks are for ED, GS and YB, Joan we have been asked not to use medical grade masks, so there are enough to go around all of the NHS, care homes etc.

I have made about 9 so far its more time consuming than you think, 3 layers with curtain lining in the middle and its a problem getting elastic, the prices are hiked up online and everything takes an age to come because the shops have not been open . They will be used in supermarkets and on transport if we have to go on it. GS has been fine, but difficult to get off the PC which is driving ED nuts, he seems happy enough though. ED has a venesection due on Monday which she is having to travel all the way to my local Town hall for, the worlds gone nuts as Piers Morgan says, she is nervous about using public transport. I have my postponed oncology appointment in a couple of weeks, it is likely to be on the phone again.  

8 members of staff including me have had the antibody test so far for Covid and only two are no longer susceptible which is not very re-assuring for a second wave.  I feel like I am treading water busy but everything seems so monotonous, time seems to be speeding by very quickly, is it just me?

The fourth knitting project is well under way a cotton open cardigan for ED, my cardigan is finished but I have ordered 2 lots of buttons and neither are suitable I even stitched the second delivery on, I laid the garment on my bed for a day and each time I looked at it just thought no, no I don't like the colour. The first delivery was perfect but a little too small, the second the right size but not the right colour, I am beginning to sound like goldilocks!! I decided to give up until the shops open its a warm Aran weight so not really needed now but it goes against the grain for me not to be able to finish it, oomph so annoying.

I have just been looking for a delivery slot and there is nothing until 23rd, I will check again later.

Have a good weekend ladies

Highlighted
Community Champion

Wind spinnerWind spinnerChinese lantern !Chinese lantern !

Highlighted
Community Champion

Highlighted
Community Champion

lovely to hear from you Cassie and Joan . 
cassie , sorry to hear ED has split up with her OH , it’s certainly not easy to stay quiet and not give advice ! 
Joan , I have been very busy for the past 2 weeks with work , all of my clients have now returned which is good - I am obviously not going inside clients homes but I must admit my day is much shorter as I am not talking to them like I usually do ! 
nice for you to see the GC Joan - it’s hard though not to give them a hug . 
I have seen mum and dad at a distance in the garden as I have been picking up groceries and prescriptions etc .

Rosie , love your daily updates as always 😄, I liked the ones of Croome Abbey . Really nice to have a trip to look forward too .

Joan I will post a photo of my lantern - I am so happy with it , it’s quite large , about 3 feet and is quite sturdy ! 

Highlighted

Very belated Happy Birthday Lovewine. What lovely presents, including a new kindle. Which version did you get? I’m intrigued by the stone Chinese Lantern. Can you post a picture? Were you able to see your parents or any of your family now that the restrictions on meeting in gardens has eased. We met with YD, SIL and grandchildren last week, which was lovely even though it was strange and awful not to be able to have any physical contact.  Odd also to be taking our own chairs, cups and flask of tea.  Forgot the biscuits though. GD was very good on the social distancing, GS kept forgetting. You said in your last post that work was picking up. Hopefully it hasnt become overwhelming. 

Cassie, so sorry to hear ED has split with boyfriend. Quite a strain being supportive without offering advice I should think. How is your GS doing. Is he at school yet? Does he manage to occupy himself at home? GD was supposed to go back to school for one day this week and another in 3 weeks, but this was rescinded, apparently because she wasnt in the year the govt said should go back, and although the school had thought there was some flexibility they discovered there wasnt. I have to say I was relieved since Somerset has had an upsurge in cases, but she really could do with going back even for a day, to get a bit of motivation. All she wants to do is make things. Thinking of that, who are you making masks for? 

Rosie, which earrings did you choose? They all look lovely. How nice to have a trip away to look forward to. I remember many happy summers at Whitley Bay, my aunt used to run a bed and breakfast there. Hopefully the quarantine restrictions will be lifted by the time of ES’s birthday week in Margate. I have to say they seem to be a bit daft, given that we have higher infection rates than other European countries but presumably there is some logic to them. Well done on getting the weekly Click and Collect slots at Sainsburys. I am managing a fortnightly one at Waitrose but the next one is at a different store. Exciting, I get to go to another local town. Still have to stay up till midnight to get one though. 

Nothing much to report here after the excitement of Hay. Only thing unusual today was getting ink from a spilled printer cartridge all over my hands, jumper, floor, spectacle case ( posh purple velour one, Pierre Cardin!) looks more expensive than the specs!, and sundry other things on my desk. Oh yes, and the dishwasher has packed up. Still, we are still healthy, as are the rest of the family so minor problems, though it looks like I will need to hide my hands for a few days. Fortunately my work Zoom call was yesterday. Oh, just remembered, my first attempt at making a video yesterday. Its a friends 80th birthday and his daughter, in Australia has asked various people to make videos which she will splice together and send to him. Lovely idea, and it was easier to do than I thought. Reused the candles and cakes idea from GS’s birthday and toasted him with a glass of wine- husband looked askance at that since it was only midday but still managed to down it. 

Now hoping this very long post wont be refused.

Highlighted

Happy belated birthday lovewine, sorry not as organised as Rosie, I am glad you had a lovely day and received some thoughtful gifts. All well here no change I have a backlog of mask making to do and ED has got through the latest upset split from OH again, I have been supportive without offering advice unless asked directly 🤐 Keep well all ladies xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies , Rosie I am impressed you remembered my birthday 😀thankyou for the best wishes ! Have had a very nice day with flowers , cards , chocolates and a lovely stone Chinese lantern for my garden from ES and DIL and a wind spinner from YS and a new kindle from OH . 
I hope everyone is ok and keeping well 😊.

Highlighted
Community Champion

😀🍷🎂🎉🎈

Happy Birthday!

Lovewine! X

Hope you have a good day!

Highlighted
Community Champion

9EA2C7E6-9C3D-4C4D-8699-AD5ECB519A6F.jpeg

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Another week goes by but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel and Cassie I am still very hopeful that indeed we will be able to meet up. We still have a couple of months!

DH and I are going up to Newcastle the day after our meet up and staying at a campsite in Whitley Bay, campsites open on July 1st! We are hoping that the quarantine period that is being imposed from June 8th on arriving in the UK and France will be lifted soon! DIL has planned a surprise week in Margate for ES in August as it’s his 40th birthday in June! We were all going to be there to surprise him, I do hope this will be able to go ahead!😏

Cassie lovely to have a social distance meet up with ED and GS glad they were pleased with their knit ware. I hope that you get a surprise and your paint by numbers will arrive earlier! I used to love paint by numbers when I was a child. I have done several jigsaws with 1000 pieces but only read one book! Can’t seem to concentrate on reading! 
Joan technology is very clever and has kept lots of people sane in these troubled times! 
I may well take a look at the Hay festival I have heard a lot about it on our local radio!

Click and Collect slots at Sainsbury’s are now very easy to book thank goodness and we are managing to get the same weekly slot! 
DD says it is going to be very hard to achieve social distancing with such young children. Parents will also have to be controlled by using a staggered drop off and collection! They have been open for the duration for a small number of vulnerable and key workers children. But she has only had to work 2/3 days a week, staff are on a rota! 
Cyprus are opening up to tourism next month but not to the UK so we won’t be visiting any time soon!😏

I will try to remember to take a picture of the earrings and upload it later! 
Lovewine can YS get out in the sunshine somewhere safe? Or open a window and sit in front of it?

Glad that work is picking up for you. How is your old dog, he wasn’t very well a few weeks ago?

Hopefully your mum managed to enjoy her birthday, thank goodness for online deliveries! 
Wildpurl hope all is well with you?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies , the weeks just fly past ! 
Joan it must be very strange doing the Hay festival digitally 😏but good you can still enjoy it in some way ! Hopefully next year it will be back to our new normal ! 
Cassie , you are doing well with the knitting projects ! Nice way to relax after your stressful job .. I do really feel for you not able to get out and enjoy the sunshine safely - my YS is exactly the same , he doesnt have a garden and he says the parks are just full of people who definitely aren’t social distancing so he doesn’t go anymore , in fact when we spoke to him a few days ago he said if you were not aware of the pandemic then you would think times were normal in London 🤔with people and crowds everywhere , he looked very pale when we FaceTimed him so I posted him some vitamin d supplements !! 
Rosie I continue to enjoy your lovely photos of the birds and the river every morning - particularly the heron and swans 😊 it is a lovely walk for you .

I am slowly picking up with my work now - people are trickling back thank goodness , but my sister who works partly for herself has had virtually no work at all and I have not had enough to send to her either , but she isn’t too concerned and I think after all this is passed she may well not bother ! 
It was my mums birthday last week and that seemed strange not seeing her properly - she is becoming a bit fed up now , along with everyone else in the vulnerable group she hasn’t been out for 10 weeks , my dad isn’t too bothered and just sits in the summer house at the bottom of the garden on sunny days and he’s happy 😀
Wildpurl I hope you are keeping well .

Take care ladies and fingers crossed better times ahead 🤞

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

I was just thinking shame we will not be able to meet this year 😞 It's a shame we have lovely weather and no way of enjoying it here parks are horrendous nobody seems to be abiding by the rules of social distancing and the shops like M&S have people wandering about as if there is no problem at all they seem to just not think! Mask or no mask 2 meters please.  I have been in the office the whole time except when I was off at the very start of lockdown. It is all very weird though as only very few patients can come in baby injections and the like, we have had to call the police to remove one patient who charged in uninvited and would not be reasoned with to leave and have also had two more since, the door should be closed but people leave and let others in. We are all socially distancing inside one person per room which is not easy, I always take my lunch with me and eat cold food so the staff area is not a problem for me but staggering lunch breaks is impossible, I usually sit at my desk now which is also not good as I never get any break apart from when I am physically eating which is about 8 mins.

The knitting is coming along I am almost up to the armhole of the second sleeve the main body is complete. The easel arrived but no painting supplies yet I had no idea they were coming from the USA when I ordered them and feel mean cancelling them now, it no ones fault we are in crisis.

I don't fancy air travel for a while so there is not much to look forward to at the moment.

Have a good day ladies I am envious of those with gardens and outside places that are not crowded to frequent xx

Highlighted

Greetings, ladies, from the Hay Festival- digital version. Very quiet this year, no problems with parking, no queues for the toilets, coffee or sandwiches or rushing from one end if the site to another, eating food in a queue while waiting to go into a session! Its amazing what the organisers have put together. 80 sessions in all and although there have been some problems with their technology and our home broadband connection, generally it has worked well. If any of you fancy a taster, its all free, just go to the Hay  festival   web site, have a look at the programme and register for any sessions that take your fancy. We’ve registered for 20 at the moment. Started on Friday evening and just watched no. 8! There are people watching from all round the world, thousands of them, many more than they could possibly accommodate on the actual site. I suspect that if it goes ahead next year it might be harder to get tickets, always assuming we are able to go. On that front a bit worried that cases in our local area, North Somerset, are now rising more rapidly than the surrounding areas, which may be due to the number of care homes/no of elderly people in the population. So we are not coming out of lockdown any time soon. On the positive side, I have managed to book my second Waitrose click and collect order! And it means driving 5 miles to the nearest town, first time out of ours for over 8 weeks. Such little pleasures! I cant quite believe that I look forward to such things as the milkman delivering groceries (tomorrow), the veg box (Wednesday) or the post. Very sad. 
Rosie, our grandchildren are not in the year groups are hoping will return to school on June 1st. But there is a rumour that Katy’s year (5) will go back part time because she is in the first year of middle school. She does need to go back, her motivation to apply herself to the work she has been set is diminishing by the week and was never very strong. It’s a hard decision for parents, but I can well understand ES & DIL deciding against. What does your daughter think about the schools resuming? I think there has been quite a high infection rate in the NE.mWhat a lovely thought of your friend upstairs- photo of earrings? I see that Cyprus is going to quarantine visitors from the UK. Did your husband have plans to go back there soon?
Lovewine, do you still have a low workload or has it started to pick up? Cassie, how lovely to meet up with ED and GS. Whats the situation with your work? Are you still doing it from home? Ditto Wildpurl. 
Hope you are all keeping well and finding plenty to occupy yourselves in what is still a strange situation, which seems even more uncertain now. 

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies,

Lovely outside again today, I did go to meet ED & GS on some playing fields yesterday the first time in 8 weeks we socially distanced and I gave them the two knits. GS was embarrassed about his hair cut which I did not think looked too bad he was very nervous of his mum cutting it and said the clippers were really loud ? He always has his hair cut with clippers at the barbers and left a bit longer on top, who knows so I had some earplugs and took them so the next time maybe more successful. 🤣

I have two more knitting projects lined up Rosie the one for myself that is on circular needles which I mentioned previously it is growing slowly because of the crampy hands, I have actually just finished the all in one part so hopefully the rest will be more comfortable to knit. Its a long cardigan with a panel similar to the centre section on GS's jumper like a band around the middle and on the sleeves I am hopping it will suit me and give me a bit of a waist 🤔 we will see, it might find a new home! The next one will be a cotton cardigan for ED. I have ordered some paint by numbers kits which I did not realise are coming from the USA they will probably arrive when the lock down is over. Never mind they will hopefully keep me out of trouble as my mum would say, good bless heaven knows what my parents and older brothers would have thought of all of this, it is really is all very strange.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies lovely to hear from you all and that you all remain well.

Cassie well done on your knitting projects I am sure that GS and ED will be very pleased with their knit ware. Do you have another project in mind?🤔

Wildpurl any news about when you will be expected to return to work or if you can work from home for longer? At least watering the garden gives you another activity- better to have dry weather at this time!

Joan you must be relieved that your ED has been moved from the Covid Ward.

Sorry to hear that SIL has been made redundant and do hope he will manage to secure a new job in a few weeks! What year groups are your GCN in? DD teaches Yr 1 and her children are Yr 4 and 6! But they are both in 3 tier system so GD is already in middle school but GS will be transferring for Year 5.

ES and DIL made the very hard decision not to send GS back to nursery yesterday in France as they feel it is too soon and an impossible task to keep 4 year olds socially distant!😬🙀 The lockdown has been very strict In France and they have had to sign a document each time they have left the house individually!🙄 

Lovewine when this is all over you will be very busy with everyone wanting to dress up to go out! 
The weather looks as if it is going to get warmer by the end of the week which is cheery news! 
It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow with a little more freedom! I think some people will abuse it sadly which is going to make it a longer time before we can meet with our families! 😢 It would have been better if we had been restricted to a radius around our home initially. France are not allowed to exceed 100kms of their home. I can just imagine everyone rushing to the beaches tomorrow! 😬

My friend upstairs left a box of earrings that she had made when she lived in Wales and told me to choose 6 pairs and then return the box outside their apartment door! 😀

It cheered me up as I felt a bit low at the weekend with all the social distance VE Day celebrations going on that we couldn’t be part of. My dad was in the RAF and mum in the WREN’s and I kept hearing Nimrod by Elgar and We’ll meet again both pieces of music used at dad’s funeral! 😢
Let’s hope everyone behaves themselves so we can ease back to some normality! 
We were going to see Diana Ross in Birmingham in July and I heard this morning that it has been cancelled which we were expecting!😔

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies , firstly Cassie I love the knitting - GSs does look very intricate and hard to do😬 I love the white cardigan too . You could maybe take on some orders ! 😊

Joan I am glad to hear your daughter is keeping well and I hope she continues to do so , what a worry about your SIL being made redundant , I think after all this going on this year there will sadly be more job losses .

i am not busy at all at the moment - it’s because people are not going out or working out of the home so therefore not wearing their best clothes / shirts etc !

Wildpurl it would be good if you could split your work half at home and office , glad you are well .

Rosie a much colder day walking today , what a difference 24 hours makes, not many people out and about either !

Generally I don’t need to meet a lot of people in a usual day apart from the dreaded supermarket run for various elderly friends /relatives .

i usually come across several of my friends with their dogs in the mornings over the woods and we stand apart in a large circle for a chat and walk a while together but still appropriately apart ! 
we are waiting along with everyone else to see what Boris says later this evening !!

Highlighted

Love the sweaters Cassie, especially the one for GS, which looks rather complicated to do. but interesting, I would imagine. Shame you get cramps from knitting when you clearly love doing it. Your pharmacist was obviously extremely ill, I’m surprised she is well enough even to work from home. When you say you are registering lots of patients is that new people or existing patients contacting the surgery on line rather than coming in? My daughter says that more people are now coming into hospital for non covid reasons. All those coming in are now being tested even if they have no symptoms and all staff were tested last week. She was clear, which is a relief. It is also a relief that she is no longer on a covid ward although since she was doing admissions yesterday I wondered if that is even more risky. 
Glad your swinging chair has been repaired to your satisfaction Lovewine. I imagine that caused quite a domestic incident. It did sound rather funny though, apart from your coffee. Is OH able to work safely now he has gone back? I expect you are pretty busy with your work- unless some of your clients have decided to occupy themselves by doing a bit of ironing.
Rosie, loving all your Facebook pictures. What a good idea to meet up with your friend. We  occasionally meet people we know on our morning walks by the sea- 3 this morning, which is a record-but havent arranged to do so. If the lockdown restrictions are relaxed to the extent of people  being allowed to exercise more than once a day and to sit on benches I think we may find it more difficult to do our walk, it was certainly busier this morning. Most people are really good avoid keeping their distance apart from a few, mainly men who seem oblivious. 
Wildpurl, working from home does seem to have quite a lot of advantages but having done so for a long time myself I still miss the casual contact with colleagues as well as the face to face work. Having to adjust to a changed remit as well must be challenging- the same has happened to YD as staffing has been reduced and those not furloughed  have had to take on new responsibilities. 
I am finding plenty to do so that time goes quite quickly but it is also strangely uneventful with most days being rather similar. I find I am waking up in the morning thinking- oh good, the milkman is delivering our order (not just for milk, Im not that sad) today, or looking forward to the postman! The weekend of GS birthday party, was different. It went surprisingly well. He had done a quiz which was essentially How well do you know Fergus, to which the answer was, on the whole, not as well as we should. At least I got 5 out of 10, which was one more than his mum! We have another family Zoom get together later today, so hoping for an uninterrupted internet connection. 
The children are doing surprisingly well although GD does miss her friends. Shes also not very good at getting on with the work she is set, finding loads of distractions. So it may be a shock if she gets back to school and finds other kids have been beavering  away. Unfortunately SIL has been made redundant. I think I said before Xmas that it was in the cards but now it has happened. Obviously we hope he will be able to get another job before long but at the same time it would be a problem if he does before the schools reopen because YD would find it very difficult to look after the kids and work as hard as she is currently having to do. 
It will be interesting to see what is announced this evening

Highlighted

Hi ladies,

what beautiful sweaters, Cassie, such lovely work, your ED and GS must be delighted with them! It’s annoying that you get cramps if you knit for too long but it is probably good to take breaks periodically anyway.

rosie I am quite happy being at home, pottering in the garden, going for walks and knitting! Work however has actually been quite stressful, with changes to both of our activities to focus on what is considered critical work, not necessarily what we would prefer but at least we still have jobs. It is very difficult to communicate effectively and work in a team while WFH but on the other hand it is easier to concentrate and get things done. I think we would both like to continue working maybe 50% of our time at home and the rest at the office when they finally reopen. Plans are in progress but dependent on government policy of course. I’m in no hurry to start commuting again.

The weather has been very pleasant although as gardeners we would always like more rain! We are lucky to have a lot of beautiful countryside to walk in with relatively low numbers of people, although some people are clearly driving here from elsewhere.

I'm glad to hear you are all well, time does seem to pass quite quickly despite everything!

Highlighted

Good Afternoon Ladies, such glorious weather and I cannot enjoy it there are too many people out and about to relax and feel safe I have to walk in the road regularly to avoid people. We are worried at work as many surgeries have staff off with COVID we have one nurse who is still awaiting results after a week now.

Our lovely pharmacist has recovered enough to work from home but it was touch and go ill for 4 weeks and in hospital for 3, her mum was ill at the same time and is OK, bless the pharmacist she just said she is just so glad to be alive. 😊 We will have to see what Boris has to say on Sunday. We are all working very hard because we are still registering lots of patient because we have an online app and quite rightly people don't want to risk going anywhere at the moment.

Glad your swinging chair is back in use lovewine just the ticket with this lovely weather I have knotted up to the armholes on the cardigan for me but its slow going I get quite a lot of cramps since chemo and the cardigan is knitted all in one on circular needles so it is quite heavy, so I have problems if I knit for too longED cardiganED cardiganGS JumperGS JumperPhoto of knitting patternPhoto of knitting patternlong.

Community Champion

Good Morning ladies another 3 weeks has passed by with a little light at the end of the tunnel. As much as we all want our freedom back we don’t want to land up in another lockdown!🤦🏻‍♀️Hopefully the de confinement with happen gradually and most people will be sensible and not ruin it for the rest of us!😬

Lovewine I do hope your elderly dog is feeling better, it’s always a worry when pets get old!😒

I am not surprised that you are not allowing OH on your swinging chair, thank goodness he could source the materials needed to repair it! 😅

Lucky the coffee didn’t burn you! 🙀

Cassie hope that ED is managing to source her groceries now, how is GS coping with being home?
Joan hope all your family are well I expect the GC will be glad to get back to school when they can?

Wildpurl I expect you are enjoying working from home and having more time for your garden?

DH and I have survived 8 weeks in the apartment, it has not been easy and my daily walks  are my escape and I am so thankful for having the river and canal so near! 

I have met my friend from upstairs twice on 2 socially distant benches outside the Worcester Porcelain museum! It has been good to catch up and let off steam!🤣

Stay safe everyone! 🌈

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies , how the weeks fly past even at the moment ! I hope you are all keeping well and coping with the restrictions .

My OH returned to work last week which makes life feel a little more “ normal” not many staff are in , so social distancing is not a problem . I have continued to be steady with my work .

What beautiful weather we are having , I am making good use of my swinging chair - but OH is now banned from it - he sat on it a couple of weeks ago next to me and the canvas ripped and he went straight through it and looked very comical with his backside on the lawn and his legs up in the air , my cup of coffee I was holding went all over my top but thankfully didn’t burn me, but I was furious with him for breaking it !! He ordered some yachting sail repair thread and needle from Amazon and sewed it up which you can’t tell 😄- so harmony in our house was resumed !😀

Rosie , lovely photos of the canal , I enjoy your daily update !

Joan I hope your ED is keeping well ? I expect the GC are getting restless too !

Cassie you are busy with the knitting , Would love some photos of the finished items 😊, hope you are also keeping safe , are you still very busy ?

Wildpurl , hopefully you have found time to spend in your garden in between work ! We have been so lucky with the weather , apparently the weekend is going to get colder though !

Take care ladies ! 

Highlighted

All OK here ladies, beautiful weather, I have never known it so lovely for so long this early in the year. I amused myself earlier by watching quite a spectical outside there was a fox and a crow was continually mobbing it, dive bombing then pulling up at the last minute, a magpie also joined in for a couple of swoops I must admit I was on the side of the poor fox it was just having a wonder about 7.30 this morning then a young dad with a toddler came along and stopped to watch too probably bemused at the sight. The crow flew off eventually noisy thing.

The knitting is all getting done one jumper and the kimono style cardigan finished, one cardigan for me and one for ED to go. I even gave myself a DIY haircut, looks OK, surprisingly. back half in a mid height ponytail chopped off bluntly which made layers and a large sandwich clip in either side to hold flat for a trim its about 2 inches shorter, it needed and odd snip here and there but all in all successful.

I have a Waitrose shop due later which will be the highlight of the day. ED cannot get any deliveries form supermarkets and is too worried to go out in the supermarkets, she has tried out a fruit and veg box and a basics box which she is pleased with. Sorry your dog is unwell lovewine, it sounds a bit like a problem my past cat had it was to do with not retaining potassium poor thing.

Keep well ladies x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies - I also am surprised it’s been 2 weeks since we have posted anything ! All ok here and still running my business but in very different ways - I am missing the chats I have with my clients but my collection and delivery times have shortened dramatically as a result ! Good for the actual work but a bit boring 🤨

OH has had a phone call to return to work on Monday 😁🎺!!!! I have found it very difficult especially as I work from home .

Rosie you have taken some lovely photos this week - the weather has just been glorious .

Joan glad all is well with you and the family , especially ED working so hard and in such challenging times .

not surprised the GC are becoming bored with it all now - so hard for the youngsters missing their friends , thank goodness for social media . 
My older dog was unwell a few days ago - I thought she had had a stroke as she was leaning sideways and very unbalanced - phoned the vet and had a phone consultation which I paid the same amount for as a physical examination at the surgery 🤔- he thinks it’s vestibular disease also known as Elderly dog syndrome “ I had to pick up the medication from vets by telephoning when I was in the car park , paying over the phone and then collecting from a chair outside , so far she is a little less wobbly ☝️.

Cassie and Wildpurl I hope you and your families are keeping well .

Highlighted

I cant believe its two weeks! I dont know where the time is going. We’re fine here and ED is still healthy and not overwhelmed though tired. We still do our weekly games sessions on Zoom, though the last one, on Wednesday evening was rather frustrating because YDs internet connection kept going down. The kids are getting a bit crabby too now- GD said rsther plaintively the other day ‘ I dont like home schooling much’ and I think this will go on for ever’. GS fed up because it's his birthday on Sunday and of course he cant have a party with his friends. We are having a Zoom family party. YD asked if we had any birthday candles we could light. We dont but I did a rummage in the larder and found a set of square candles that spell happy birthday. I have no recollection of ever buying them, they must have been there for years. And thankfully our token birthday present for him has arrived.  So also has a present I ordered for both of them a few weeks ago, which GD loves- its a set of magnetic sticks and balls from a company called Hfelau, which can be used to make various shapes. I thought GS- and his dad- would be the main users but GD is the one who adores them, and is using them creatively. Fun and education at the same time. I’m a bit tempted to get some for myself.

Life is pretty humdrum but keeping busy with a couple of on line book groups. Also just signed up for a Zoom Qi Gong class. The teacher is attached to Penny Brohn, who have arranged it, and he has stood in for our regular teacher a couple of times. Used to be a Buddist monk. It will be good to get back to it, might help my growing irritability, esp with OH! 
Hope everyone is OK and finding different ways through this.

Again I get this message that invalid HTML was found in the message body. I have no idea what that means or why it is suddenly happening. Irritability level shot up! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hello ladies it is 2 weeks since I posted and everyone else is quiet. Hope everyone is ok?🤔

We must be very grateful for the amazing weather we have had in April to help get us through this crisis! 

Life goes on from one day to the next! I have completed 3 puzzles to date!🙄

I am really hoping that life will slowly be able to return to normality soon as most other European Countries are planning for! 

Sending love to you all x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies!

Cassie very sorry to hear the sad news of the nurse who lost her husband!😢 Times are certainly challenging.

It sounds like you are very busy with keeping tabs on the status of patients. 😳

Its good that knitting relaxes you! Hope your daughters and grandson remain well.

Joan yes your message did arrive! Well done on your delivery slot it really is a lottery!😬

I had to smile at the thought of the deer eating your tulips, but I am sure that was the emotion furthest away from you feelings! When we lived in the country in Somerset some sheep escaped into our garden from the nearby field and were munching on our crop of sprouts! We caught them in the act and DH chased them off! They trampled a few plants down to add to the destruction!🤦🏻‍♀️

Have just had a quick look online and you can get an ultrasonic animal repeller which does not contain poison it’s called a Voss sonic 2000.

Lovewine sorry that you are having such a difficult time doing everyone’s shopping! Will OH go out and get some for you?

I hope you have managed to use your swinging chair over the last few days? It’s a bit cooler today but it’s supposed to be warming up by the weekend!😀

We have set up a whatsapp group to link us to the children and we spoke to all 3 of them via video yesterday which was a very precious time! ❤️ Four of the grandchildren made an short appearance also! 😄 I was very impressed that YS said that his eldest daughter, who is 18, has a boyfriend and has not seen him since the lockdown! If only other teenagers were encouraged to stay away from their friends! We see groups of 3 or 4 on skateboards or bikes on a daily basis!😡 I do sympathise with them, but they will keep us all in lockdown longer! 

My jigsaw is keeping me sane! 

I managed to get a leg of lamb for Easter yesterday, but it was very large and we are now planning how to use the leftovers! Lamb sandwiches for lunch and lamb meatballs for tea! If any is still left it will be going into a stew!

Stay save ladies!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good morning ladies , Joan well done on securing a delivery slot - I have given up trying as they are non existent here and also because I am shopping for various people I seem to be visiting the supermarket every day !! Friday was a nightmare though - the queue was all the way around the car park twice and it took me an hour just to get inside to shop !  Shame about the tulips - strangely I have also heard about the urine deterrent too . Maybe it’s because they avoid humans mostly and the urine does that !

Cassie I am sorry to hear the loss of your nurses OH and having a young child too - so sad . You do sound really busy and it must be very difficult dealing with it all - good you have a form of relaxation with knitting .

Rosie , your DH has been busy then with his ordering😲- I have realised if I do ever retire then I will need a hobby as I am finding OH quite wearing by now 😄- like you I am used to my own space ! 
your photos on FB are really nice , the area you live in is very pretty .

Wildpurl it’s been such a lovely weekend so I expect you enjoyed your garden .

I am going to continue painting my garden fence today ( muted cream!) and then some reading !

Take care everyone .

Highlighted

Fortunately the message arrived. I would not have been a very happy (Easter) bunny if I’d lost it. And another stroke of luck, managed to get a Tesco delivery slot. OK, so its not till May 2, and I only got it because someone told me that new slots were released at midnight- since I was still awake at that point I got up and was delighted to see I was in a queue! It does mean that I will have to take YD up on offer to get groceries for us this week though. She was horrified when I mentioned OH was going to do a Tesco shop.
A bit cross today though because the wretched deer from the woods near us have eaten my second flush of tulips. They got my pansies last year and earlier this year they gobbled up the early tulips. OH rigged up what he hoped would be an effective barrier but clearly it wasnt. He’s now on the internet looking up deer proof fencing ad deer deterrents. Our next door neighbour said urine worked but I’m not sure if that was a windup! Meanwhile I am taking the opportunity of our emptying shelves in the pantry to do som cleaning. What a way to spend Easter Sunday. 

Highlighted

Cassie, its awful to hear about your nurse. So many NHS staff and care staff are dying; it is incredible that they continue to turn up for work and give their utmost. ED is staying remarkably calm although she admitted 26 Covid 19 patients overnight on Tuesday. I simply cannot imagine how they are all coping. And particularly the ones staffing ICUs. I know they have to cope with patients dying all the time but this is something else. I was interested to hear about the difficulties you have had to deal with sending out letters to the very high risk patients. I must say I assumed there would be clear criteria and everyone in that group would have been informed by now. Its good that after all the pressure and weirdness at work you have your knitting to take your mind off things. How are ED and GS?
Rosie, I am very much enjoying the photos of your walks. You are lucky to have a variet of routes to take. Most of the time we do the same one, but since its along the seafront thats no real hardship. We have been surprised- although relieved-that so few people go down there, and most people are very good about staying at least 2 metres apart, although there are some very annoying cyclists who go down the middle, at full tilt. Hopefully it will not be too long before you can get back in your motorhome again. We should have been in Cornwall this week with the family and the Hay Festival, which we were due to go to at Whit has been cancelled, as have all our theatre trips up to the end of September. I can see how testing it must be for you having OH around all the time. At least he’s occupied when he’s  buying things on line, even if its putting pressure on your space. What a worry for your friend having her op cancelled. My friend with bowel cancer was very lucky hers went ahead even after lockdown, and even luckier that her tests are showed she was now cancer free. My god-daughter’s chemo is also going ahead every week, which must be scary. 
Lovewine, your life sounds pretty busy, trying to fit in work, shopping for yourself and others, picking up meds, and having to deal with OH at home. Are you still managing to get out for walks with the dog. My OH is managing to keep himself busy doing jobs around the house and garden. He’s no handyman but loves painting so the weather has been perfect, he’s painting the downstairs windows. ED has forbidden him to go up a ladder though so upstairs will have to stay looking shabby. 
Wildpurl, you are pretty well occupied too. Are you likely to be furloughed. YD was expecting to be since the National Trust has furloughed quite a few but so far she is still working, at home, and seems busier than ever. Fortunately her husband is at home and although still employed there isnt a great deal of work he can do, so he is bearing the brunt of the child care. I expect you are busy gardening this weekend.

I was frantically busy till Tuesday, when I managed to get my report off. I do have wirk to return to on Tuesday but giving myself the long weekend off. We have been speaking to the grandkids on facetime every day. GS does reading because although its school hols he needs to keep it up. GD had been reading The Witches to us every day but refused to do it over the holidays, so we have been playing our own version of Beetle - Monsters- in which you have to add every body part you get with your throw of the dice. GD and her dad have produced some very creative results! Ours are more boring. Today we shall have another games session on Zoom. I have also had a couple of on line book group sessions, using Telegram, which have been rather frantic but good fun. 
Enjoy this strange Easter weekend ladies. Keep safe.

Aargh, I have been told this post has not been sent and I need to correct highlighted errors and try again. Since nothing is highlighted Im a bit mystified. Hopefully it will go eventually. 

Highlighted

Good Morning Ladies

All is well but as usual very busy, on top of all my usual work I have been busy sending out letters to all our list of very high risk of COVID patients, it would help if one organisation could make a firm plan of who should be on it and stick to it but no, that would be too easy lol. Everything changes and the patients all get worried and they all think they must be in the very high risk group of course, many searches and downloads later it is done.

Coding all the suspected cases and confirmed and also deaths has all fallen to me too, very worrying times. All the staff are working one person to a room to allow for personal distancing it feels really odd having to stand in doorways to talk face to face, otherwise you may not see anyone all day!

One of our nurses has lost her husband, she had symptoms but was negative in the end, very sad they have a three year old IVF son, such a shock. We are all rallying to cover for staff that have children and are off or have left.

Hopefully we will be through the worst in the next 14 days, chin up and as Rosie says we got through cancer and all the complications, so we will do it again.

Our WIFI was down for 3 days at home, so that put a stop to YD working properly she tried using a hotspot from her work phone which is on a different network but it was painfully slow and kept disconnecting, SKY have sorted it now, some loose wire in the exchange !

It all feels very surreal quite a few people milling about but in the mornings only dog walkers and workmen on sites, all buses practically empty (I am not going on any). I have been filling my spare time with knitting which I find relaxes me, I am

making a kimono style cardigan for ED at the moment, it does have a hood but I don't think I will complete that I think it will be smarter without it, she choose white so its quite nice to knit with even at nigh time when the light is not so good. I had just completed a crossover collar jumper for GS just before the shutdown I tried it on him and it needed to be made about three inches longer which was a bit annoying but I did dismantle the whole thing sleeves off the lot then re-knitted it, he has not got it yet and I doubt it will fit next year, shame.

I can sympathise Rosie the buying junk thing is something I am prone to when feeling fed up or bored, I have rot resorted to it recently 🤔

Keep well ladies x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good Morning ladies!

Gosh Wildpurl it sounds like you are keeping as busy as you usually are! You too Lovewine. It’s good that you can incorporate your work with your family errands! 

Lovewine regarding OH’s I am having to keep my mouth firmly shut. He has taken to ordering many items online and it’s driving me mad with the deliveries arriving!😡🤦🏻‍♀️

Things like 4 tins of scotch guard for the carpet in the motorhome, tent pegs of various types for the awning, flour so he can make bread, a variety of face masks, amongst yesterday’s purchases was a block of 12 packets of mentholyptus sweets!😳 Some purchases have been squirrelled away so I don’t know the full extent! 🥺

Fortunately he goes out on his bike in the afternoon!🙄

We haven’t spent weeks together in this apartment I am used to having it to myself and only have him visiting! He said to me yesterday that he felt I didn’t want him here, which I regret to say at times throughout the day and night I do feel like that!😳 Obviously I didn’t tell him that!🤐

He used to make me feel the same when I went back to Cyprus after a spell in the UK. It’s very difficult because you get yourself into a routine and suddenly you have to adapt to another person and their belongings and ways into the equation! Even the way the cushions are arranged on the sofa! He enjoys cooking and most nights cooks the evening meal but I do like to eat before 7.30. It’s usually after 7 before he starts it. I do gather the items to be cooked and leave them out for him. Can’t say anything or he will be stubborn and refuse to cook! 🙄

Mil is finding lockdown a challenge and BIL has been going to take her a walk in the park early morning. She is 94 this month but has the energy of a person much younger! 

SIl has asked her to go and live with them in Northampton but she wants to remain independent in her bungalow.

We have been very lucky with the weather, it has helped with our wellbeing during this difficult time. We have been able to open our French doors to the Juliet balcony in the afternoon!

Joan hope you are enjoying your garden and keeping in contact with your family via technology. Really hope that your ED is keeping well, has she been tested yet?

Cassie how are you and the family getting on?

Stay well ladies I think we will all silently be glad when Easter is over this year!😔 We were supposed to be taking the motorhome to Plymouth for a few days to see YS and family. A week later we were going on a Rally to East Anglia for 2 weeks! 😢 We are finding it particularly hard as the Motorhome is the other half of our lifestyle! Not sure what will be happening with school in Cyprus as the operator is facing challenges with parents who can’t afford fees due to the current situation! He has furloughed some staff. He has provided online schooling the last 3 weeks as he is a whizz with technology! DH is still involved for the next 2 years although he was to pull right back from April 6th, obviously this happened sooner as he couldn’t get back. 

Onwards and upward ladies!

My friend who had cancer 10 years ago was diagnosed with BC a few weeks ago and was due to have lumpectomy this week but it’s been cancelled until June as she was told there is more risk of her getting the virus than the cancer spreading as she has been caught at an early stage! 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Good evening ladies - I hope you are all well and your families too in these worrying times .

beautiful day today 🌞. I am still working - having no contact at all with clients , collecting from outside and all payments by bank transfer - also incorporating it with picking up groceries and prescriptions for family members and clients too ! Much reduced workload generally though ,

OH has been furloughed for the past 3 weeks 😬 must say you ladies who are retired and have your OHs around all day must have more patience than I do !! I am fed up already 🙄,

YS is obviously still stuck on his own in London . ES has also been furloughed but DIL still working from home .

Joan -,how is your ED getting on ? I hope she is keeping safe and well . Such a worry for you.

Cassie you too - how are things with you ?

Rosie I really enjoy your photos of your morning walks on Facebook 😊.

Wildpurl - at least you are able to work at home - hopefully that’s able to continue for a while .

Easter this year is going to be very strange . 
thinking of you all and stay safe .

Highlighted

Morning ladies, I am still going to the supermarket once a week to shop. Things have greatly improved and only a few things are still difficult to get. I even managed to get pasta yesterday! They are well organised with 2m spaces to stand in while queuing, wipes and spray for your trolley and scanner and they sanitise the trolley handles as they are returned to the car park.

I am still working from home at the moment but don’t know how long that will continue as we have started furloughing people. We are getting on with the garden and I have my usual crafting projects but as I am still working my normal hours I don’t have much more time than normal for other things. I am doing yoga and body balance via video classes from my gym and we walk once a day.

Hope you are all keeping well

Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan this is what is happening to me also! Can get a click and collect every 4 days so I can top up! However I would rather be able to go at least a week! But as you say you need to take advantage of an extra slot being added! 

Highlighted

Hooray. Managed to get a tesco delivery slot for tomorrow. Earlier than we need really but not going to miss the opportunity. They still have none in April. 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Joan this is a very worrying phase as it seems to be galloping away! Your ED has youth on her side so even if she does contract it hopefully it will be mild and she will recover quickly. It mainly is taking the elderly with underlying heath conditions!

Plans are in place to test NHS workers urgently!

My sister’s daughter is engaged to an anaesthetist so he too is in the frontline!

DD is still required in school 3 days a week to look after vulnerable children and those of Key Workers! 😳

Lovewine good to hear that you managed to source your shopping yesterday!

I empathise with you having OH at home, DH has set the spare bedroom up with his key board and large monitor he had shipped from Cyprus! It fills the room but at least it gives me time alone in the living area!😬

I have just seen a group of 4 lads leave the apartment block opposite together! 😡

Take a day at a time ladies!