cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

11,403 REPLIES 11,403
rosie14

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14

Bad luck being pinged Cassie! As Lovewine said it is happening to a lot of people! 
We are currently in Stourport, only miles away from home, at a weekend Motorhome rally so we are glad that it has cooled down! It makes me wonder how we managed the long hot summers in Cyprus when temps would very rarely drop below 35. Obviously we had air conditioning but it was quite noisy at night!🙄 

Our son in France and family are coming to us on Monday 11, days before our Welsh trip, to quarantine for 10 days! They have had their first test to leave and all tested negative! They  have to test on day 2 and 8! The testing has cost nearly £400 in total, which we have had to cough up for, but what can you do they couldn’t have afforded it? 🙄

Lovewine

Hi Cassie , oh dear poor you stuck at home in this hot weather 🥵at least it’s cooling down for the weekend , so many people are being pinged! 
At least you can work from home though . 

Cassie86

Hi ladies, I have been pinged by the track and trace system. 6 days to go. I have a laptop but have spent all afternoon getting all I need loaded on it to work from home not quite there yet

Cassie86

Good morning ladies, the heat is a nightmare at home luckily we have a good air-conditioning unit in my office otherwise we could not work as it is on the top floor like my flat. Good to hear a trip is planned Joan. YD and I are planning a trip to Dublin for mid of Aug just for a long weekend London is horrible in the heat, so it will be a relief. I have already knitted a few things in pale grey and random blue, white pale blue and deep pink mix it was left over from other projects, ED does not know yet!  I am not sleeping more than a few hours at the moment so thought I would pop on the website to say hello.

joan47

Well done for getting the photo the right way up at last. I did wonder whether you and Lovewine had been hitting the Prosecco! Re next years meet up I’d be OK with Worcester, though its not as easy for me as Oxford. Given the heat we’re having at the moment not sure I fancy travelling to London. But best to leave the discussion till next year I think. 
Rosie, what a shame about your family get together. It does seem a bit over the top, especially given the lack of rigour about other travel decisions. 
cassie, good you were able to make use of your ticket to Oxford. And good that ED is doing well. I imagine as soon as you find out whether the baby is a boy or girl you will be starting on the knitting. 
How are you all coping with the heat? I’ve retreated indoors until early evening. Fortunately it is due to cool down by the weekend. We are (all of us hopefully still being Covid free) off for our family holiday next Saturday. We haven’t had a Cornish holiday at this time of the year for many many years. Just hoping- probably in vain- that it won’t be horribly crowded. And that when we get back all our summer bedding won’t have expired. 

Wildpurl

I’m glad you and Rosie were able to meet up, and Cassie at least you did not waste your ticket.

My OH's brother lives in Worcester, so we could probably combine a visit to them with meeting up, but TBH next year is a long way off, I shall be retired and perhaps things will be more normal, so happy to decide nearer the time.

Cassie86

Hi lovewine I am only too pleased to get out if London for next year's re-union it's just nearing 7 hours round trip I could not cope with. ED is doing well so far and will find out the gender in a week or so. GS is 14 now and about 5ft 9inches so towering over me and YD already bless him, He eats well but is painfully thin and gangly. 

Lovewine

Cassie , maybe next year we could come to London again as it does seem accessible for all of us 🤔.

it is very hot here today - took the dogs out very early and then hosed them in the garden with cold water !

Joan - wishing you a belated birthday , I hope you had a lovely day and lots of spoiling by your family - I hope everything is still in place for your holiday , have a lovely time .

Cassie I hope your ED is doing well and your GS , he must be nearly a teenager now !?

Wildpurl , busy time in this heat with watering !

ES and DIL are coming to terms with their loss - apparently they had been trying for a baby for 18 months ☹️

Cassie86

Just had a look and I think worcester will not be possible for me next year the journey would be more than 6 hours traveling there and back in a day. Nice thought though

Cassie86

Good Morning Ladies,

Lovely pictures Rosie, glad you were able to meet up together with lovewine. I did go to Oxford yesterday like billy no mates, I did a bit of shopping but it really was too hot to wander about for too long, I came back on  an earlier train than planned and the ticket guy on the train did not notice, so all was well. I was not able to get a refund on the ticket so thought it should not be completely wasted.

Have a good day today it looks like its going to be a hot one x

Lovewine

FCE812C3-7DD8-48CC-B644-41E129CC4CD7.jpeg

 OH managed to put us the right way up !! 

Lovewine

Rosie I had a lovely trip to Worcester - it’s a great place to visit and ideal for next year .

rosie14

Lovewine and I are still standing on our heads!

rosie14

D6AF47E1-F61E-42AF-8AD2-3BAC1164B5DD.jpeg

FF3EFF6C-D91F-4C11-98D1-FC0E0BE2F770.jpeg

rosie14

3FF51D3E-E9AD-4F71-9A05-9085C2E0758F.jpeg

rosie14

Sorry about upside pic tried to post 3 but only managed one and that was badly done! 😳

Will have another go maybe tomorrow?

rosie14

26D5C4C0-16DB-4376-B23E-088951A29AF4.jpeg

rosie14

Good Afternoon ladies,

Hope you are all well.

We are gutted by the latest travel news regarding France as ES and family are supposed to be arriving on August 3rd before meeting up in Wales with DD and YS and families. We are trying to see a way round it if at all possible. 
Today was brightened up by Lovewine coming to Worcester. We were disappointed that the rest of you couldn’t join us and wonder if Worcester would be a good Venue for next year when we hope that you will all join us?

Wildpurl

I am so sorry to hear the news about ES and DIL, that is very sad for you all. I hope they are coping OK.

joan47

Oh Lovewine, what sad news. You must all be feeling gutted. How far on was your DIL? 

Cassie86

Good Evening Ladies,

I am sorry but my heart does not feel in it now, sorry if that spoils it for others. Maybe next year we will all be in a better place.

So sorry too hear the news lovewine, I hope ES and DIL are OK.

Rosie thanks for the offer to meet up but it all feels wrong somehow

Cassie

Lovewine

Afternoon ladies , so sorry to mess up the Oxford date , I looked to book at the weekend and the timetable had changed - making the journey both ways 3 hours and £50.00 !! Used to be about £25 and an hour and a half . I can travel to Birmingham , London , Coventry easy enough . Even places like Milton Keynes or similar 🤔
Joan I totally see your worry about jeopardising your holiday .

Sadly ES and DIL have “ lost “ the baby , they are understandably devastated . I really feel very sad for them ☹️

joan47

Rugby would be more difficult for me. However I had almost reached the decision not to come anyway, so just go ahead and decide what is best for the three of you. We are due to go on holiday with the family at the end of July and with the increasing number of cases, even among the double vaccinated I dont want to do anything that will jeopardise that. Sorry I wont be seeing you. 

rosie14

Cassie I am so sorry that you got your ticket. If you are not able to cancel it I will come to Oxford but I believe I will be the only one! 🙄

Would it be easier if we came to London? 

Cassie86

Good Morning Ladies,

That is disappointing Rosie I have already purchased a ticket, with no problem at all. I don't want to travel the extra distance to an unknown place to be honest so I won't be coming if the venue is changed this year to Rugby.

Cassie

rosie14

Ladies there is a change of plan for our July meet up. Due to increased rail charges and times of connecting trains Lovewine and I feel it would be better to meet in Rugby. I believe the travel time from Euston is excellent. Not too sure how Rugby would work for you Joan?

I do hope that the change of venue will aid all of us to meet. Get back to me ASAP and then I can book somewhere.

Lovewine

Good morning ladies , Wildpurl what a shame you won’t be joining us - you will certainly be missed , but understandable you are unable to make it . 
It is YSs 30th birthday at the end of this month so he’s back this weekend to celebrate and ES and DIL will be joining us on Sunday for lunch at a nearby pub too - be nice to see everyone together !

Wildpurl

Hello everyone and thank you rosie for making the restaurant booking. I am afraid I will not be joining you this year, mainly because I have already arranged to meet DS in Bristol on 15th and I don’t feel I can commit to another day out on 17th. Partly because the driving will be very tiring and partly we are still in full garden mode because of the late start this year, even though we are making progress. I have to admit to also being concerned about the infection rates, although I am hoping they will be coming down by then.

congratulations Lovewine, I am very happy for you that are going to be a grandmother! How exciting! And you for the second time as well, cassie, what lovely news.

i hope you have a lovely lunch and enjoy catching up

Wildpurl

Lovewine

Joan I really hope you feel able to come - you will be really missed if you don’t ! 

rosie14

Joan I hope you will feel able to come! The infection rate is mainly in the young and unvaccinated as I am sure you are aware! 
As you say restrictions will still be in place on July 17th so they can’t fill the restaurant to capacity! 
Let us know nearer the time. 

joan47

Thanks for doing this Rosie. I am very undecided about coming, which is why I didnt reply earlier. It will really depend on what is happening with the infection rate. I am somewhat reassured though by the fact that complete opening up has been delayed and our get together will be before this is due to happen 

rosie14

🤗

Lovewine

that’s great thankyou Rosie , looking forward to seeing you all !

rosie14

Booking made! 😀

rosie14

Well that’s 3 of us hopefully Joan and Wildpurl will be able to join us? I will go ahead and book a table for 1pm for 5 people! 

Lovewine

Hi , yes me too !

Cassie86

Good Morning Ladies

I am happy to meet on 17th in Oxford if everyone else is

Have a good weekend

rosie14

Congratulations Lovewine lovely news that you are going to be grandparents. What a lovely photograph of the 3 of you! You are looking very well!😀

Cassie lovely news about your ED also I do hope that GS is pleased!

Joan pleased to hear that SIL is going to be kept on a proper contract, I am not sure how feasible it will be for them to go to France anytime soon. They still have a curfew and any travellers arriving have to quarantine! 
Joan in view of what is going on all around I don’t blame you enjoying scallops and chips!

Ladies last year we agreed to keep Sat July 17th free to meet up this year. As this is now fast approaching I do hope that you will feel able to make this date. If we are all up for it we will need to make a booking. Are we happy to meet in Oxford it seems the most accessible for us all? I have travelled on a train to meet my sister and it feels quite safe there are fewer passengers. Regardless of what happens on June 21st I won’t be parting with my mask on public transport though! 

Let me know if you are in and do you want to lunch at the same place? I am happy to book.

joan47

How lovely for ED Cassie, after all those disappointments. And congrats Lovewine on being an expectant grandparent. Great photo. And good news about your dad. You have also had good newsRosie about ES FIL. Wildpurl, I hope your workload has now diminished and you are going to be able to wind down into  retirement. Hopefully you have been able to get all your plants in now that the weather has improved. 
Apologies for not posting for a good while, although I have read your messages. I have had a load of work on, partly catching up with stuff I couldnt get on with while SIL was in Italy. He came back in early May but has to go back again next week, so we will be more involved again. The good news is that he is being kept on by the firm, this time on a proper employee contract rather than the zero hours one he was on before. The annoying thing is that he has discovered that after his second trip to Italy he will have used up most of the 90 days he is allowed to be abroad so they wont be able to have their holiday in France, which will put them substantially out of pocket. That seems very strange so I’m hoping there is a way round it. 
We are both well but continuing to be cautious. Haven’t ventured into indoor public venues yet, first one will be a lunch with a couple of friends later this month. There are a couple of plays and films I would love to see though. Compensating for our missing theatre trips by watching rehearsals on line at the RSC, which are fascinating. I hope they continue those once things return to normal. 
My goddaughter is almost at the end of her chemo, and feeling better in herself. Her doctors are being non committal about the prognosis though snd it is unclear what further treatment she will have. I was also shocked to hear that a friend I met when we were both having breast cancer treatment has had a serious recurrence. She decided to have a double mastectomy without reconstruction which I thought was very brave and is now deciding whether to have chemo as the oncologist has recommended. We had a long conversation earlier this week and I think she has decided to go ahead but it is made more difficult because she lives alone and her only daughter lives abroad. Altogether at the moment a lot of people among our friends and family seem to have serious illnesses. On a lighter note we had a lovely day at Lyme Regis with the grandchildren and YD on Monday and enjoyed some lovely, if expensive scallops and chips. Must go now, more open rehearsal about to start.

Cassie86

Good Morning Ladies,

Lovely photo lovewine and congratulations regarding being a grandparent, ED  is also expecting she has just reached 12 weeks so due mid Dec, quite a shock after all these years GS being 14 now ! Bless I don't think she thought it would ever happen after 3 ectopic pregnancies.

I have had a short break in Canterbury for a few days it was very nice lovely apartment, near to all amenities. Keep well all ladies

Lovewine

9BAC1DBB-9FF1-4224-975C-F9188240ACC9.jpeg

 mum and DIL!

Lovewine

Good morning ladies , I can’t believe we are now in to June and at least the weather is much better . 
Rosie I hope you are enjoying your new home and the extra space and garden ! 
I do hope your ES and family will be able to make it over to Wales with you all in August, the uncertainty of everything at the moment is very stressful with planning trips or events ☹️.

My mum had her 80th birthday last weekend and we had a tea party in my sisters garden for her , the weather was fantastic which certainly helped as we could eat and stay outside .

We have also just found out that we are to be grandparents !! ES and DIL are expecting a baby in late December , very early days but I am so excited - only us and DILs parents and siblings know at the moment , very hard not to tell my mum and dad as they will be delighted but I can’t yet !! 👵🏻☺️

I hope you are all ok , lovely to hear from you Wildpurl and great you are retiring , you certainly will be busy with your garden and all your crafting projects !

Joan I have been watching the drama on t.v “ before we die “ filmed around Bristol and think of you - it’s such a lovely area .

Cassie I hope you are not working quite so hard at the moment , hopefully you have some holiday plans in place !

Take care everyone and enjoy the weekend weather while it lasts !😎

rosie14

Ok I will have another go as DH has given up on the garden due to the weather and come in to watch the football!

Joan hopefully by now YD’s husband is back from Italy allowing you more free time? I had to smile at the thought of deer eating your tulips but I am sure that you and OH certainly didn’t smile! Who won the deer or you?🤔

Lovewine glad to hear that your dad’s head is healing well and that the skin graft has taken! My dad would have been 100 today! Can’t believe it’s been 7 years in December that he died.

I am glad that you were able to point another poor soul in the direction of the forum! 
I hope you are not getting too wet on you dog walks at least you will be able to nip inside for a drink next week! 

Wildpurl it was good to hear from you. I am sure that you will fill your time very satisfactorily when you retire with all your hobbies and activities!

Cassie hope all is well with you and the family?

ES’s FIL in France is now out of the coma and has been transferred to a rehabilitation hospital to help him to eat and walk again. It’s going to be a long haul before he gets home as they live in a 3 floor apartment with no lift! 🤦🏻‍♀️🥴

We are due to go on our two yearly family holiday to Wales in early August. I am fearful that ES and family won’t get here from France without incurring very heavy costs for testing which they can’t afford! They have just taken on their first mortgage! We have to pay the balance next month. I did contact the owner to see if we could defer it until next summer but she is fully booked already! 🙀 I shall be gutted if we have to go without the 3 of them!😢

Lets hope the weather settles soon! 🥴

rosie14

I have just written a lengthy post and it has vanished! 
I am too cross to redo at the moment will do in the coming days! 😡😡😡😡

Wildpurl

Hi all, I am fine, thanks for your good wishes. I have been very busy at work and then of course the gardening season has started which takes a lot of my time. The colder than usual weather in April meant that I have tender plants grown from seed queued up in the greenhouse and cold frame and being fleeced every night, as it has been too cold to put them out. I am hopeful that the weather is now going to warm up a bit and that it will be possible to continue with normal gardening.

I have given my notice at work by reason of retirement, I will be retiring on 30th September this year and will be reducing my hours from July. In the meantime I am using up holiday by taking a week off at each bank holiday, so am effectively already working less, and the workload has been increasing. I have now agreed with my manager which things I will continue to work on, which should help, as the last two months have been frantic.

It is good that the gyms have started to open again, and I am able to swim again, and yesterday I did an outdoor yoga class, which was rather enjoyable. We are hoping to have DS and his fiancée to stay in June and have recently been able to walk with OH's youngest as the rules have relaxed. We have really got back into walking and have walked over 230 miles since January.

I am glad your move went well, rosie, and that the new house is better for you both. I hope your business starts to pick up, Lovewine, as people go back to the office for at least some of their time.

Lovewine

Good evening ladies and hope you are all well and enjoying our taste of more freedom finally . 
our Wednesday evening dog walks have resumed and we have also partaken in a glass of wine in the village pub garden at the end of it 🍷although it has been very chilly !

Dads surgery on his head seems to be healing well and the skin graft has taken well thank goodness . 
A friend of mine from the village contacted me over the weekend to ask for my advice as she’s just been diagnosed with breast cancer - picked up on the 3 year screening programme ( can’t remember if I posted to say thankfully my results were clear ), I pointed her in this forums direction and advised her to join a monthly chemo thread for support which we found so invaluable . 
Rosie I hope you enjoyed your trip to Plymouth and also getting things sorted out in your new house ! 
Joan I hope you are keeping well and also enjoying some more outdoor time ? Also how is your god daughter ? Our friend is still waiting for his surgery date to remove the cancer on his adrenal gland - it’s very aggressive so time is very important and we are hoping it will be very soon to give him more time .

Cassie hope you are ok and managing some time to yourself after being so busy - hope your girls and GS are well .

Wildpurl hope you are well .

Hopefully by the weekend the weather is warming up according to the forecast 😎!! 

joan47

What a lovely photo Lovewine, it must have been a wonderful surprise for your parents to get the card from the Queen. I hope your dad has made a good recovery from the op on his head and that he isnt too sore from having the skin graft. I hope your friend is able to have treatment to give him more time. 
Rosie, it sounds like the move went well and you are pleased with how it has worked out, despite missing your proximity to the river. I shall miss your photos of life on the riverbank but it looks like you have found an alternative source of wildlife. Did being so close to Waitrose put the price up? What a worry for DIL in France. I hope the news is better now. And such a shame you will not be able to go there as you had planned. But hopefully you got your trip to Plymouth. Your decision to buy the motorhome was  very prescient. 
Cassie, I hope ED is feeling better and that the surplus washing machine issue is sorted. Great that GS is getting himself to school now, that sounds a very promising step forward and as you say will free up your daughter to think about doing something for herself. 
I am impressed that both you and !ovewine have had mammograms this year-and that the results were good of course. Our area seems to stop at 5 years which I find rather worrying. And the checks for my bowel cancer, apart from 6 monthly blood tests have stopped too. 
School hols now over thank goodness, so life not quite so hectic now. YDs husband is still in Italy and will be there for the next three weeks so we have spent quite a bit of time wIth her and the children. Fortunately the weather has been fine, we spent yesterday afternoon on a beach! Haven’t yet taken advantage of meeting friends in the garden but hopefully will do before long. I’m still very busy with work so not much time for anything else, apart from trying to keep the deer off our tulips!  Currently covering them with sheets overnight, which looks very strange. 
Hope you are all keeping 
well.

rosie14

Lovewine Congratulations to your parents, how lovely to get the card from the Queen!☺️
🥂💐

Lovewine

D30A4833-7C4D-4F75-B9A7-6606ED51077C.jpeg

 mum and dads Diamond wedding !