72.8K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Kirstie77

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Hi Joan,

Your not having an easy time are you, my face is now getting really really dry and itchy, I have a rash up my neck I will switch to E45 I think aqueous cream doesn't seem to be hoping my face. I am having the one injection it's called emend and its about £500 a pop, but I am private I have heard of other people having it, it seems to be that stupid postcode lottery so see if you can push for it. I bet if you said you were not prepared to let you husband do it each day and they had to do they might think again, it would be more cost effective to just give you one then ! I'm also having a 20% reduction in dose next time, but that's because the chemo one last ime was too high so along with the infection made me neotropenic sepsis. It's amazing how much I'm changing my mind about stuff, like I thought there would be no way I'd shave my hair off, but now I'm actually thinking it may be best thing to do. I'm glad your getting to do some nice things too xx

Glad your doing okay Ashley and hope loulou is fine x

Did you brave the scarf susie ? I got a buff head scarf and have been wearing that over my hair just to get my son used to seeing it on my head he seems to be pretty accepting of it and my father and bro thing law said it suits me so that gave me a bit of confidence as they are not one for compliments lol. My second cycle is on Wednesday and I'm not having the cold cap this time.

I hope everyone is managing to enjoy this weekend as much as possible xx

Tlj63

Joan, you have had a really tough few weeks. I hope your next cycle is less eventful. The upside of having a tough time the first time round is that I'm sure the medics will be wanting to keep a very close eye on you during your next cycle.
My 2nd cycle is on Friday. My hair is coming out too. We are going out to lunch today to celebrate my son's 13th birthday so I hope my hair doesn't drop onto my plate!
joan47

Ashley, glad you're feeling so well after your chemo. Loulou, hope things are well with you. EAM I hope I can be as brave as you about shaving off my hair, which is now starting to fall out. I'm hoping it will last until  Sunday so that my first outing of the wig isn't at my grandson's birthday party.

I'm due my next chemo on Thursday. I'm hoping it will be less eventful and involve less unscheduled plans to the hospital. Having spend most of Monday there because of a blood clot I then spent part of Thursday night there because my arm swelled up and a couple of fingers went blue. I thought it was due to the clot and that they would have to take out the PIC line but no, it's something completely different, an infection in the skin - cellulitis . So now on tablets. Husband has done another chart! And my arm is decorated with black felt tip marking the original extent of the swelling. Looks like a kid has drawn on me while I was asleep.

But managing to do nice things. Went to the theatre last night to see a very funny play. Eldest daughter and partner down for the weekend for grandson's party. Grandchildren coming across today - I'll probably have to go to bed after that!

Finally, first time around I had the injections to boost the white cell count for 7 days. the oncologist told me that they used to give a single injection but it was too expensive. Since I am having to have daily injections of blood thinner I really baulk at having to have these daily as well and am wondering if I can persuade him to put me on the single one. Are you all having the daily injections or is anyone lucky enough only to have to one.

Joan

ashley97

hi ladies,  glad everything went well for you loulou and you feel ok. have fun at the museum suzie and out with your friends. 

EAM - you are a very strong lady, you are inspiring me everyday and reminding me that although what we are going through is horrible it isnt all that bad. I am glad your daughter didnt react at all, that is my biggest fear that my son will almost reject me,  he said a few things at the start about not cuddling me or sitting next to me incase he catches cancer, I know they dont understand and I have fully ecplained but it is still hard.

well touch wood I still feel fine, had chemo weds, went to watch my boy swimming yesterday and took him to football training and mcdonalds treat for dinner last night. I have got to wait in today for district nurse to come do my injections, hoping she comes early so we can get out whilst I still feel well. 

hope everyone has the best easter weekend they can.

ashley xx

Suzie68

Oh and a trip the museum with grandchildren this morning and then this hair is coming off, it's soul destroying to have it come out in clumps my pillow looks like the bloody cats slept on it. I feel ok ish about it just need to take back control and I think i will feel better. Going out with friends tonight and gonna see if I can brave it in a scarf xx
Suzie68

Morning loulou glad you're ok, I had flushed face and chest fur about 4 days after then ur disappeared. Hope you're able to enjoy the weekend xx
loulou1262

Hi everyone

Just popped in to let you know all went ok yesterday,  very tired in afternoon but steroids kept me awake until 8pm. I went to bed and only woke the once. Face is very flushed and had a severe hot flush in the night.  This morning a few stabbing pains in random places but not been sick yet....although I feel queasy.  Hope everyone else is ok and ill be back on later xxxxxxx

EAM28

Hey all, had my hair shaved off today and it was fine. My best friend held my hand & we had a right giggle. If we had been at home & not driving we may have had a drink like Suzie68 is planning! So hat & a little scarf around to accessorise looks fine until my wigs all turn up & u may only wear it when I get dressed up for going out anyway. My little girl hasn't even batted an eye lid! Sounds like we're all doing well & ready for round 2! Hope ashley97 & loulou1262 doing well after today xxx
Tlj63

Hi everybody, hope you are all enjoying the sunshine. I've just dragged my boys on a walk on the beach. They're like taking dogs for a walk, you have to give them treats if they cooperate. I bribed them with a burger and ice cream from the beachside burger van.
I'm day 14 and soooo bored. I think I need something like some sewing to keep me occupied during my immunosuppressed phase. Can't wait to get out and about again. However, in the scheme of things, if that is all I can complain about then things are really not too bad. I only hope I am not speaking too soon.
Seeing onc on Tuesday for bloods and discuss how I got on this time. Hoping they will have sorted the anti emetics for my next cycle on the 25th.
Hope everybody has a lovely Easter. Keep well
joan47

Kirstie. I have quite a dry face - and an unsightly patch of what seems to be excema, which I have never suffered from, on my cheek. Wonderful. E45 lotion is helping with the dryness. My lips are also very dry and sore but got some great stuff from the chemist (Cymex) which healed the blisters and seems to be preventing any more forming. Just wish I wasn't so thirsty all the time; I seem to be drinking constantly. Anyone else having this?

Joan

booksandwine

Ashley not sure what you mean by tc so can't comment I'm starting to shred but still look like me hair wise and I'm on day 17. I'm on fec at moment next will be tec? So many anagrams

I'm off to a headstrong course will let you know what it's like

Susie great idea re wine and hair think by this weekend I will bight the bullet have wig while it needs thinning will be good to have on hand

Joan thanks re sleave advice just got one from boots this am my partner wrapped me in clung film for a shower quite funny nB Medical things by one get one half price still got to live a barfin. Re the comments i think we are all amazing ladies in our own right and love reading how we are all dealing with this esp as for many it's a huge change in a very short space of time and I love all the personalities that start to come through I also need the forum as while my partner is amazing it's really pretty much him and I in the country as all our family and most friends are overseas. I was only diagnosed in feb and initially like bumbles mum I did not want to look at any forums or deal with any part. I was to have had surgery first and naively thought no chemo so getting on this thread and sharing fear fun ideas and support and thanks for the support back has really helped. I am less freaked re hairloss now than I was even a week ago. It's a journey that oddly neigh at the end I may even feel greatful to be on

Wishing all of you the best for easter

Rosie you rock flying to the uk go girl.
Kirstie77

Hi ladies

Loulou hope your okay and glad to get the first one done, thinking of you today x
Ashley how are you today ? Hope your oing okay x just remember whatever side effects you get they do pass xx

I have I waterproof sleeve for my PICC line in the shower it makes things so much easier, it's a Limbo adult elbow one, for a slim build, I'm a size 12-14 nearer 14. It was given to me but does the job well. During he day I just have my dressing with no additional cover, the additional hanging bit of mine was wrapped in gauze and covered with a see through dressing so it doesn't hang before I left hospital.

Susie your hair post got me xxx, there isn't anything I can say, we know its coming but that doesn't make it any easier xxxxxxxxxxxx thinking of you all whose hair has started to go :0(

Hi Joan the "word" seemed to work, that, and the clot scare, he is being much better which is great and makes things much easier :0) x

Has anyone else got really dry hands and face?

;0) xx

rosie14

Goodmorning all sorry can't make individual comments on my phone eyes too tired ! To all those having chemo this week hope all goes well. Am so glad to read Kitstie is home i am sure the next round will be better. I am having tac hairloss happening big time week 3 but I have had 2 rounds! Feeling. cold in England having to wear warm clothes !x
Suzie68

Good luck tomorrow loulou and I hope the rest of you that started this week are feeling ok.

Hair coming out thick and fast now and just need to get through day at work tomorrow and night with the grandsons and then it's coming off over the weekend but I will have a glass or two of bubbles to say goodbye to it. I think there may well be a tear or two (they will be my first since diagnosis in jan) and then it will be onwards and upwards to FEC 2 next week. Stay strong ladies and I hope you all have an enjoyable and relaxing eater weekend sxx
joan47

Kirstie. After all you have been through I am sorry that your husband is not being supportive and frankly being a bit of a s**t. I know it is tough for them too and hope his behaviour stems from him struggling to come to terms with what is happening to you. Would he be willing to talk to a counsellor about it or has the 'word' your sister had with him brought about any change?

Joan

ashley97

Me again, just wondering if anyone else is having TC or no anyone that has had it ? As I really don't know what to expect hairloss wise, I know everybody is different but I really would like an idea of what and when to expect it, I have bought the organic shampoo and ordered 2 cotton hats just in case but you really could spend a fortune without needing to. FEC seems to be the most common treatment ? Xx
joan47

Sorry, think I posted my last message to the wrong person, it was intended for Books and Wine. Also forgot to say that I don't use a sleeve cover other than a stretchy bandage and it seems OK.

Joan

joan47

Ashley. I have the waterproof sleeve and it is brilliant. You can shower without worrying about getting the dressing wet and you can even bath - keeping your arm out of the water of course. It's a bit tricky to put on over the PIC line at first, needed my husband to help me but now can usually manage it.

How do you all manage to reply to so many messages in one. I have only been able to keep a couple in my head at once.

Joan

joan47

Lou-lou, they told me with breakfast and lunch but no later otherwise I'd be up all night (which I was anyway so presumably if I'd taken them later I'd have been out dancing.

Kirstie; you must be so relieved to be home. Let's hope next round is problem-free - well apart from the unavoidable  side effects. It's good to know that your clot cleared with medication. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Joan 

EAM28

Hey all,
Glad you've had a good start Ashley 97! Make sure you do eat as you may not feel like it in a few hours!:(. Hope yours has gone well too songbird66.
Good luck for tomorrow loulou1262!:)
Jackie09 - hoping the worst bit is over for you now & beginning to feel normal again?!
Rosie14 glad the flight went well & nausea over - that's the worst bit ever isn't it?! Now you can enjoy you're grandchildren:). My hair started falling out yesterday (day12) so getting it shaved off tomorrow.
So glad you're home & well kirstie77!:) & yes its weird how when you feel better its like the best you've ever felt in your whole life! Hope you manage to find a wig you like. Mine still not arrived so will be wearing hats as of tomorrow.
Wildpurl - those lgfb courses sound so good!:) I really want to try & go to one even though quite far away from me! Sounds like it would be worth it! Hope works going OK
Hope you enjoy you're busy day tomorrow books and wine:)
Hope you're grandchildren don't wear you out too much tomorrow night suzie68!
Hope you're mums getting on OK bumblegirl? Has she rang the bcc helpline?
I had my Hickman line put in yesterday. Hubby's just bought a picnic basket with all the plates etc so hopefully use that this wkend:) reminds me of Mr bean!;) xxxx
booksandwine

Loulou did not see your post when I was writing all the best for tomorrow be thinking of you

Kirstie agree re hair loss mine is slowly starting to shred and that has been the bit I have struggled with more. All the best
ashley97

Hi Lou Lou, try not be nervous it really is ok, and if your hospital is anything like mine everyone is so friendly. Good luck xx
booksandwine

Well done Ashley the first one means one more closer to completing chemo

Full day at hospital today bloods picc line wig and oncologist all go for no 2 on Tuesday.

Re picc line any advice re showering is the waterproof sleeve worth it or suggestions. Re day use seems I need some kind of sleeve cover. Any advice appreciated

Day 16 and my hair is slowly coming out 2 to 3 strands at a time my wig is quite wiggy so will look to thin out.

Best to all
loulou1262

Hi Ashley

I start tomorrow with TAC x6, very nervous today. I have taken my steroid this morning and need to take the others at nine tonight, so probably not much sleep. Hope I manage ok, will let you know xxxx

ashley97

So I have now officially started treatment, was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. Ice cap was ok not too unbearable. I am having tc, one is a drip other syringe, whatever the syringe was made my nose feel like it was going to explode and running like mad ! The rest was fine, ice cap does mean you are there a lot longer started at 8.30 finished at 1pm, but hopefully it is going to help hair loss. I feel fine for now so hungry though apparently that is the steroids. Hope everyone else is having a good day xxxx
Kirstie77

Hi Rosie and susie how are you feeling about the hair loss for me I think that will bother me the most you two sound so brave and matter if fact about it x hope your both okay xxx

Rosie well done on the flight try not to overdo it too much ! Glad he nausea has passed xx
rosie14

Hi Joan I have young grandchildren am staying with 2 of them at the moment. Hope this finds everyone well.
Made the flight to uk! Legs felt a bit wobbly. My hair has started to fall out the shower base looked like we had bathed the dog. I bought my wig with me may need it before the week is finished!Thank goodness nausea is. finished!X
Suzie68

Morning ladies quick hair update, fec day 15 for me and think fair has started to go, lost quite a bit in the shower and even more while drying it while just using fingers, think bad hair days have just taken on a whole new meaning. Onwards and upwards xxx
ashley97

Hi guys, songbird66 - I have my first treatment tomorrow, and I am going to give the cold cap a go aswell, I am not nervous at the moment just apprehensive of the unknown! Good luck hope it all goes well for you xx
wildpurl - I went to a look good feel better course today aswell, I know I don't start treatment till tomorrow but I wanted to fill my day and have a little pamper session before it all starts, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone if they have the chance 🙂
I bet you are glad you are home now kirstie it must feel like such a relief, fingers crossed everything runs as smoothly as it can for you now.
Thanks suzie68, in regards to telling children, I think it all depends on each individual child. I was very honest with my 8 year old son, once I knew what surgery and treatment I was having. I may aswell had told him I had a cold it bothered him that much, he just asked if I was going to die and I said 'no' after that he was fine. I do make sure I explain everything to him though like what my pic line is for and so on. In fact it was easier telling him than the adults lol.
Anyways sorry if I have let anyone out, I hope you are all feeling good.
Keep smiling xxxx
Kirstie77

Hi thanks ladies its so good to be back :0)

I don't appear to be losing any hair anywhere yet and I'm day 14 tomorrow, I feel fine and really positive about everything going forward despite it being a tough couple of weeks.

songbird, I had the cold cap, take a scarf for the back of your knock and a soft Alice band if you can for your forehead, or something like a sweatband, it makes it much more bearable if the cap doesn't touch the skin at the front of your head, I had to use some gauze and shove that up there.

It is really cold when they first put it on but you do get used to it, though I had to fight everything in me to keep it on to start with. I kept it on for the whole session and the full 2 hours after the chemo is finished which is recommended. Make sure you wear layers and if you think you feel cold at all wrap up, I started to get a bit chilly at the end (my husband opened the window) and I had a chill it started me off shaking and it took ages to stop, this wouldn't have happened if I had said I was chilly straight away xx It is deffo doable with the cold cap, someone I know used this all the way through and kept most of her hair apart from one small patch which you couldn't notice. Let us know what you think and how you geton x good luck x

Ps I took someone with me and have different people coming for each session,the time goes pretty quick really x I took everything, mag, kindle, snacks, laptop, films didn't really use any of it lol x I felt grotty the same night though wasn't expecting too though it would take a few days but was pretty quick for me, other people it wasn't straight away, so just listen to your body and go with the flow and it will be fine xx

Hi susie, I have the mummy's lump book and used it with my son I hadn't told him it was cancer just that I had bad bits that needed to be taken out and that I would then need medicine which would make me poorly for a bit, but whilst i was in hospital he heard his dad talking to a lady in the shop and so he said to me that i had cancer and i was going to go bald and die, so we used the book to explain, in fact he read it to me, it's good, really simple and easy and said pretty much the same as I had said but used the words breast cancer just once, it does mention to stop the lump coming back a few times which I didn't like but he didn't pick up on it, overall it is a good book that could be any children's book and worth ordering a copy - you are a very young grandmother !! Xx
Suzie68

Thanks Jo x
Jo_BCC

Hi Suzie68

After reading your post where you mention about how to explain things to your young grandchildren, BCC have a publication especially aimed at the little ones to help them understand, it's called 'Mummy's Lump' but I am sure you could adapt it to fit a grandparent.  I have put you the link below, you can order it free of charge on line and a copy will be posted out to you.  I hope you find it helpful, it's a lovely little book.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/mummys-lump-bcc164

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Suzie68

Sorry Ashley and Songbird forgot to say good luck tomorrow xx
Suzie68

Welcome Joan and Songbird and Kirstie hey welcome back so glad you are home and feeling better. Joan I am a grannie too, but a youngish one, I am 45 and have 4 grandchildren that are 4, 3, 18 months an 8 weeks. sounds like your Husband is giving you lots of support and is a dab hand with a needle! I am in FEC day 12 I think and am doing fine (and praying it stays that way), working full time and have the 3 eldest grandchildren staying on Thursday night (may have to get the hospital to do a quick scan on my brain!). No hair loss yet but didn't really expect to until round 2. I have a wig and all variety of head coverings waiting to be used. I don't know what I will say to the grandchildren but I just figure don't make a big deal about it and they wont either, my husband is bald so thought Id tell them I wanted to try Granddads hairstyle!
Songbird I didn't try the coldcap so cant help there but I know a few of he other ladies did and I am sure they will give you some advice, I'm sure I remember someone saying to wear warm clothes.

Kirstie, sorry your hubbie is struggling, my hospital have offered support for my family if they need it and I know they can also call the BCC helpline if they want to. I sometimes think its harder for them than it is for us because there is nothing they can do to change it and some men do need to be 'men'. Hopefully the 'chats' will help.

Loulou, welcome back, glad you have healed and have a date, its the next step to getting better and kicking this cr*p in the ar*e.

wildpurl, I have mine on 18 May, I am really hoping I keep my lashes and brows because I am pants at putting n false ones but have a horrible feeling I'm gonna be a expert pretty soon.

Stay strong ladies much love xx
booksandwine

Wildpurl. Glad the lgfb went well and good advice I'm on one 29th.

Day 15 hair is still there but funny ok weird losing ah hum pubic hair ! On a headstrong course on Thursday and collect my wig tomorrow fingers crossed it's ok

Loulou hope you feel better soon. Kirstie glad your out of hospital.

Love to all
booksandwine

All the best songbird they put the drip Canucks in my hand first one and I have small veins so they had me in hot water for a bit oligarch your similar a hot water bottle might help.

Take someone with you is my best advice Also you get given anti nausea drugs but I got horrible constipation so I'd ask for a prescription toe that.

All the best any questions issues just post.

I'm getting a picc line in tomorrow and no 2 is on Tuesday and day 15 I feel really good. All the best
Wildpurl

Hi songbird, welcome to the thread and good luck tomorrow! I did take a warm cardigan to wear while the cold cap was on and that worked well. I also took water to drink. I mainly read my book but I am thinking of taking my iPod next time as well, so I can listen to music.
songbird66

Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie to the forums.  I start my chemo tomorrow morning, can't wait to get the first session over with tbh.

I was just wondering if any of you who have already started or have been through chemo previously have any tips for what to take with me, apart from reading materials, etc.? 

I'll be trying the cold cap just to see if it works for me and I've already been told that they will supply the conditioner and towels, but I wondered if a little fleecy jacket or cardigan might be needed if i start to feel cold with the icy cap on my head.

Any little tips or experiences you can relate would be very much appreciated!

Thank you! : )

Wildpurl

So pleased to hear you are home and feeling OK kirstie!!! And that you are feeling confident they have adjusted things for your next dose. I haven't lost any hair yet (Day 12) - well no more than normal anyway - I'm not expecting to this cycle but even with the cold cap I am expecting to lose some in the second cycle.

Joan glad you are doing OK, bummer about the clot but the main thing is they are on the case and you are being looked after.

Loulou, glad your wound has healed and you have a definite start date now, I would call the hotline about the steroids if I were you, I think it's pretty crucial.

Today I went to my Look Good Feel Better course, which was most enjoyable and interesting. I came away with a lot of very nice products and lots of info about how to make up - of course I know how to make up, but they gave tips about how to cope with some of the effects of chemo such as being flushed, losing eyebrows and eyelashes etc, which I didn't know before. They also gave guidance on extra hygiene measures while having treatment and using makeup which I thought was a good idea. I am happy with the look I achieved and it has boosted my morale a bit in that I have not been wearing makeup while at home, and now I think I might while I'm feeling good.

Just as an example, I usually have my eyelashes tinted and don't bother with mascara, but of course they have gone all pale now and I can't have them done. I felt so much better with mascara on that I thought - I should wear mascara until I can dye my eyelashes again. Obvious really but I just hadn't realised that it was making me feel drab.

Kirstie77

That's good news loulou xx good luck x

I can't help with times they told be after morning and lunch not before :0/ sorry x
loulou1262

Good news, start thursday, wound healed.... 6 rounds of Tac not Tax which I think is a bit unusual?? Been round the chemo suite and looks ok. I have been sent home with steroids for tomorrow but cant remember the times she said to take them 😕

Kirstie77

Hi Joan

We must of been writing our posts at the same time ! I had a clot too but mine had managed to be dispersed before the CT scan so that showed clear, it's scary stuff, I was already on the injections but think mine was because I was laid up for so long x

Hope your feeling okay now, I have bruises your husband has the touch if he needs a diagram x :0)
Kirstie77

Hi ladies

I'm home and feel fantastic ! The sun is shining and I can't believe how great I feel, better than before all this started I'm sure.

I can also say that I feel prepared for the next round now too as they are reducing my dose by 20% so it should be fairly straightforward.

I hope Rosie managed her flight okay and it hasn't worn her out too much x

How's everyone else doing are you all okay about the next round ? Xx Ashley are you okay ?

My wig arrived and I have just arranged for it to go back I don't like it so I'm trying a new one, I have also ordered 2 buff head scarfs and will start to wear them every now and then before it falls out. I am thinking about giving the cold cap another go as I haven't lost any hair so far, has anyone else?

Bumble girl, I didn't speak on here for ages but kept looking and reading, so even if your mum doesn't want to speak that's fine as long as she knows she will always be made welcome, we are are going through this and we all have situations that are different, I had a lumpectomy in jan followed by a double mastectomy in march, I am now down for 6 rounds of FEC - I have completed my first round, I have just turned 37, I have a husband who hasn't been very supportive at all but friends that have been amazing, my husband is now trying to be after one of my friends and my sister "had a word" :0) x None of these well meaning friends and family have it though and sometimes it's nice to talk to people who can completely get where you are coming from even if they feel differently to you x x.

Hope everyone is managing to enjoy a little sunshine, I even had an alcohol free Becks when I got home last night to celebrate lol !

joan47

Well, it was all going well. Had a lovely day on Sunday over on the Gower peninsula. Walked on a beautiful beach then had  a delightful lunch (and managed to eat all of it) overlooking the bay. Knackered after it but worth it. Was looking forward to a week with only one, minor, medical appt and being able to get back to doing some work (I work from home). But Monday morning my left arm was swollen and red. Had to rush into the BRI where they diagnosed a blood clot triggered by the PICC line So now have to have daily injections of a blood thinning drug! Hey-ho. I had wimped out from giving myself  other injections but having to go to the health centre every day at the same time for the next 16 weeks would just be too constraining.  So plucked up my courage and said I would do them myself. And in fact it's OK although my husband is fussing about making sure I Inject in a different place each time and has drawn a diagram of my tum to record each one. If allowed I think he would like to use a biro and draw little 'xes' on me to mark each site, along with the date! ! Never realised before that at some point I would be grateful I have ample flab in that area!

Hoping my hair doesn't fall out before my grandson's birthday party on Sunday. Are there any other grannies out there?

Joan

Joan

Suzie68

Hi bumble girl, I looked on here for months before I joined, it soubds like youre giving her lots of support and we are here if and when she's ready. Good luck for Wednesday Ashley xx
booksandwine

Wildpurl did not mean to leave you out hope your week is good

I'm also doing a headstrong course on Thursday will let you know how I get on
booksandwine

Hi ladies hope your all well. I feel really good at the moment so making the most of it But must be slightly mad have been to work fir and mon will be in also tomorrow

I have a full in day wed I joke generally I am h for home or h for hospital. Wed h for hospital blood tests picc line wig pic up and then oncologist. Second fec is Tuesday. Ashley you didn't say much re picc line so I am assuming no pain.

Had a fab complementary aromatherapy massage at my centre highly recommend if any of your centres offer same.

Susie hope your feeling better I got some prescriptions to help with constipation and it has helped

EAM I hope your wig issue is sorted. Also just to say found an amazing woman on u tube and net who is amazing with scarves and makeup eyelinerher Recommend a look

Rosie look forward to hearing how you hot on with trip when you are back I would have had my 2. Fec on. 22

Bumble girl. Please tell your mum I'm thinking of her and yes it's a massive life change and s lot of info but there is a vast array of support and advice out there I'm happy to be pm if she wants someone to speak to.

Kirstie are you home yet hope your doing ok

To all. All the best c
Wildpurl

Good morning Rosie and everyone, the best of luck with your trip and enjoy seeing your family, I am sure that will give you a boost even if the travelling is tiring. Rest lots too! I liked the sound of your fruit salad btw, very nutritious as well as full of fibre and I am going to try the same for my next one.

Bumblegirl, welcome and welcome to your Mum, if she joins she can read posts herself, she doesn't have to post if she doesn't want to. I think chemo is a huge challenge for all of us, but having had one FEC so far I feel that I will be able to get through that part of the treatment, it is tough for a few days but it is doable. We are all ages here too, I am 57.

Ashley, hope you are doing OK

Well it's a nice bright morning where I am and I am working at home this week, so I had better get the laptop fired up!
rosie14

Hi bumblegirl get your mum to join. It helps to know that others are going through the same and a little worry can get ironed out on here.
Suzie68 glad you are doing well. Yes stuff yourself with fruit I haven't been too bad this round with constipation. Was fairly bad for 5 days the first time round.
EAM good luck with your second round at least you know what to expect this time round!
Ashley 97 good luck with first treatment come back to board after and let us know how you all are.
I do hope KIrstie will be home by now! Hope Wildpurl is ok and do hope I haven't missed anyone!
I am getting a little nervous now as I still feel a little delicate and tired its a big thing to be doing. Once we are in UK we will take our time. If I don't manage to touch base while away stay positive and calm everyone and I will catch up with you all Frid 25th when I will have had 3rd session! xxxxxxxxx
bumblegirl

Hi everyone. Hope you don't mind me posting on behalf of my mum. My mum is 54 and diagnosed in December 13, had lumpectomy January and mastectomy and all lymph nodes removed from under right arm in Feb. She has her first chemo in the morning at half 11. She will be having fec-t, 8 doses every 21 days and then rads and then hormone tablets. Chemo sounds so scary for her but I have been reading her posts on here and it has put her mind at rest a little that it is doable and that if something does go wrong ie infection the drs can fix it. Mum keeps saying she's going to join too but I think she's finding it all hard to talk about still. I hope you are all doing well xxx