69237members
363533posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Hi Tlj I either have it on the stand on the side table or support on my knee until they have taken the food tray away. Don't be hard on yourself with the exercise the chemo drains us of everything!

Thanks Wildpurl I will be looking for those.

Rosie, I'm impressed that you can even hold your iPad and type having had a double mastectomy. Hope the drains are not too annoying.
I managed a very sedate 45 mins of tennis this morning. I was very slow round the court and my once killer serve has temporarily left me, but hopefully by the time we get back to playing after the school holidays my strength will have returned. I feel very unfit and my younger son kindly pointed out that I had 'bingo wings' the other day whilst I was driving the car! Once the last tax cycle is over I am going to have to go on a fitness campaign.
I hope everyone who is working up to the next cycle is not feeling too knackered. The end is in sight.

Rosie I did exercises that are in a breast cancer care booklet, you can view them on an iPad. I did them 3 times a day every day for two months and they really made a difference.

Goodness Nellie, that sounds terrible, you must have really reacted badly to the first dose, thank goodness you had the presence of mind to call an ambulance! At least they lowered the dose after that. And no, it was certainly not you being pathetic, I think you did amazingly well to get yourself to hospital and then get through it, well done, it must have been a frightening experience.

Thanks Nellie DH came at 10 and put my iPad on charge. He has now had to put my phone on charge! I am so glad it is behind me the surgeon has asked that I stretch my arm up above my head regularly that's quite painful! hope you are having a good day!

Re: Here's to a comfortable and quick recovery!

Cassie thanks all is going well I feel a little wobbly today they took the catheter out this morning so I am allowed to go to the toilet with help . The drains are rather a pain! Brave you thinking about going into work. Hope your taste comes back soon it was usually 2/3 days with me maybe it was less as the sessions went on or maybe I just got used to it! The weight gain is probably a mixture of thing Cassie and I am sure will drop off once chemo is out of the body!

Lovewine they are going to keep me in until Thursday so that should help with the recovery process. Google luck with your bloods hope all is fine!

Here's to a comfortable and quick recovery!

Hi Rosie, and all other ladies,

Hello Rosie, its amazing that you have managed to get on line so soon after surgery! I am really pleased that the hospital staff are looking after you well and keeping you comfortable. I wish you  speedy recovery, I know you have lots to do and to think about.

I am thinking about going into work for a few hours tomorrow but will see how I feel outside today I am attending the hospital to have my PICC line flushed and re-dressed this afternoon. My mouth is still feeling furry inside and no tastebuds, cereal, tea, rice potatoes bread all yuk, but still managed to gain about 9lb in weight so far since the begining of my treatment, I am not sure if its the steroids, thyroid problem or just greedy me, time will tell. I have an appointment for the Endocrine dept end of next month, I really hope that I don't need yet more surgery, it would be the 7th in 4 years and somehow the throat area is quite scary.

Jackie I am so pleased it is over I did enjoy my breakfast they bought me white bread roll cheese cucumber and butter. I then lashed my marmite on top. They bring you hot milk for you tea! Hope you are ok?

Hi all,

Good to see all you ‘week three’rs managing to get to work I am very impressed with your energy.

Rolicarpit I hope you like your new school it’s not often one gets the chance to work in one!

Jackie sorry to hear you are having a rough time sleeping and have temperature issues again.  The temperature thing is such a worry as getting it wrong could have such serious consequences.  I hope it’s just the chemo making it a little high and it will settle soon.

Cassie I am glad you are over the worst - I agree wobbly legs must be a side effect as I had them too. Disappointing about the dress from China - we got my daughters prom dress from one of the online Chinese shops but it also had a base in the uk so we could return stuff which was handy.  I have just checked and they also do wedding dresses so if you’re still looking: https://www.sexyher.co.uk/Wedding_dresses-8.html

Louise I think it would be nice to have a new hobby!  Let’s hope we notice and appreciate all the spare time we will have without appointments and not let it just disappear into the daily grind.

I had my radiotherapy planning meeting yesterday which went well and I have joined the tattoo club - feel a real rebel!! Unfortunately no sign of a break in treatment - they want me to start three weeks after chemo. I asked to delay the start by 4 weeks to have a long weekend away with DH and be able to do things with my daughters for the last 2 weeks of the summer holidays. But all the oncologist would say is that it was not ideal but up to me.  I am very frustrated as I have no idea of the importance of starting straight away or the significance of delaying by a few weeks and she did not offer any guidance.  I should have asked her what she would have done in the circumstances!  Think this is one to get my medic brother to ask his colleagues to make sure I don’t make a stupid decision. 

She was very sympathetic about my reaction to the first Tax dose explaining that they had lowered it for the second.  When I had felt so terrible and called the ambulance the bloods the hospital took showed massive drops in blood counts and impaired liver function.  I don’t know if I am just intolerant or they gave me too much, but it was good to know it wasn’t just me being pathetic!

Wishing everyone a good day,

Nellie

Hi Rosie!

Great to hear from you so soon - It was very strange without you yesterday!  Excellent news that the operation went smoothly and you are comfortable  and being looked after. You can’t really ask for more at this stage.  I hope you have a restful day and DH manages to visit soon.

Nellie

Lovely to hear from you Rosie, glad it all went well!! Rest and recover, you have a wedding to be fit for!!
Wildpurl, off to work too, bloods on the way there and then all day fretting there is a problem!!
Good luck everyone today, Jackie, you will have to tell me if new book any good!

Thank you jackie, I will take a look at some of those.

Rosie how lovely to hear from you, glad all went well and you had the double. I thought the aftercare was terrific at my hospital too, I am glad you are being well looked after. Just relax and rest and let your body start healing.

Another day at work for me, hate getting up early!

Hope everyone has a good day

Sorry Wildpurl I remember you asked me about mindfulness and relaxation apps. I downloaded a few, including
The power of mind
MFN - mindfulness
Simply being
Take a break
I think up you can listen to samples before you download

Rosie - welcome back x x. How well you are doing to get on here. We have all been thinking about you. So happy it all went well and the staff are looking after you well. What a relief it's all over. I'm glad your op was so soon after you arrived - saved having to wait around and you had your double. Enjoy your breakfast and get plenty of well deserved rest. X x x x

Google morning ladies I have read you thread but reply individually latter as I only have a17 percent battery left on IPad will get DH to charge it when he gets here I can't leave the bed yet! Well it's all over I had the double the surgeon said that the tissue was very thick I think he took a small sample for testing.i can't fault the medical staff I herring. We arrived at 7.30 am yesterday an I was taken down to theatre within half an hour. A nurse did do an ECG before we left room i. Was a little worried as I had been getting those day 5/6 tax heartpains. I asked if everything was ok she said something about it but surgery could go ahead! 1 was taken it the theatre fully v
Conscious after the surgeon had been to see me and cover me with lines!
The staff were all getting gowne up an game an smiled one can
Me to talk to me and tell me she would look after me in the recovery room and sure enough she a
Was the first person I saw Isis is it done and she said its all over it went very well! Ihva it say the pain killers are working well I seem to be having lots of anti biotic injections as well. Waiting for breakfast have my marmite read!hope you all have a good manageable day catch up later. I even mangaged to skype my Z3 children last night theory were booth very surprised and relieved! Xxxxxxxxx

Hi nellie im going to penny brohn next mon hopefully if not having too bad se from t tmrw. Im also going on the two day residential course on 19th aug ay after my birthday so hoping they might make me a cake lol

Louise - the advice was not to swim whilst on chemo and on my card it says if you have had chemo within the last 6 weeks ............ So maybe they like you to wait that long? Having said that, I've found that each region is quite different in their protocols, so yours may be different.
Wildpurl - anything that tastes great is a success in my book!
Lovewine - good luck with bloods tomorrow. I've just downloaded a new book broken dolls - a new author for me - got some good reviews so fingers crossed it's another series I can get into!
Hope everyone has a good night's sleep x x

Well I've had a good day at work and a nice dinner and now I'm tired!

Yesterday I had a serious case of chemo brain when making banana cake. I selected a bag of flour thinking it was self raising and weighed it out and thoroughly mixed it in as directed. After I had poured the cake mix into the loaf tin I went back to the cupboard to get some brown sugar for the top. At this point I realised I had used strong white bread flour instead of self raising and NO raising agent. Aaaaargh! I added some baking powder and stirred it in as best I could, and put it in the oven. It didn't rise as much as usual, but fortunately it did rise a bit and it tastes fine. Doh!

Good luck tomorrow Lovewine, I am sure it will all be fine.

Louise, glad you are keeping cheerful and that you are so close to the end now.
Cassie, sorry you have had aches and pains. I enjoyed reading about your daughter's wedding dresses and the bridesmaids dresses though. White and teal is a lovely colour combination.

Hi everyone, Louise I think it's roughly 4 weeks before rads start after chemo, so hopefully you may squeeze in a break, god knows we all need one now! Amazing what people say isn't it, they say to me oh you look well as I hobble along, no eyebrows or lashes and a beanie hat on!! I wouldn't recommend the chemo diet though and would also rather be fat!!
Cassie, how exciting planning wedding outfits etc, quite stressful though! Good luck😀
Jackie, have you read lynda la plante books? I enjoy her crime stories, have you read " gone girl" I enjoyed that by Gillian Flynn, sure you have as everyone seems to have!! Hope you are staying well?
Wildpurl , hope your working day has gone well, rolicarpit, you too getting sorted at school! Must say am quite tired now from nearly a full working day!! Am going to have a sneaky glass of red wine and hope it doesn't show on bloods tomorrow! Get very stressed this week thinking of all the hospital visits!!

Hi Ladies I hope you are all well and enjoying the weather?  Well Thursday looms large again and I will be a zombie.  5th FEC of 6 and to be honest dreading it but can not wait for it all to be done and dusted. Although also wondering what hobby I can take up to replace it!  What with all the tests and the hospital appointments we are all going to have a lot of time on our hands.  Funny how many of us take solace in the garden. How good will it be to say  " I had cancer and I have the radiotherapy tatoos to prove it ! "  Waiting to see how long they leave between last chemo and radiotherapy hoping to get a break.  Can we swim in this lull between treatments?

Had such a snigger the other day met a lady I have not seen since all this started.  She said I looked well and hadnt I lost a lot of weight! You would thing the bandanna was a give away plus I can not walk far now and look like a 90 year old lady.  I told her its the worst possible way to loose weight and I was happier fat!

Teenagers ecstatic that I am having a tattoo as they now think this opens the door for them!  Both are pierced and enjoy festivals but we have banned below the waist and extreem ear lobes!  Honestly they both do the piercings themselves i need one of those metal detectors that they wave over you before you go on a plane!  Loving all the talk about weddings can not wait till my kids reach that age Lord alone knows what they will look like!

Re: Hello all ladies

Lovewine - I know what you mean - whenever I talk anything C related it's with a big chunk of wood at hand! But what a great, great feeling to be whispering about the last one!!! I've just finished the latest mark Billingham Tom Thorne novel - not enough detective work in it for me so am trying to look for another series to get my teeth into. I might try to get back into eeny meeny.

Rolicarpet - enjoy the new school. My previous school was a new build - and it makes such a difference being in a building which isn't falling apart! My current school is also ear-marked for a re-build, but these big standard one size fits all is very frustrating.

Wildpurl - another of us on the final chemo cycle - yay!

Cassie - I am an avid watcher of all things bridal and currently have "Say yes to the dress" on series link! I loved planning my wedding. Sorry about the first dress - how disappointing. I had achy and sore neck and shoulders last time - although I tended to get sore in a different place each day of the injections which was strange. Are you taking any meds for it? I hope it passes soon. Well done for getting out and about at the weekend and I think wobbly legs are par for the course
Love to all x x

Hello all ladies

I too have a problem with teary eyes and aches and pains at the moment especially in the shoulders and neck area also loss off taste. TAX 2 day 6 I hope I have turned the corner now. I did manage a quick outing of shopping and a lunch out at our lovely local Spanish restaurant on Saturday with my eldest daughter although I must say I did not really enjoy the food as much as usual, with no taste buds working, I enjoyed getting out for a while but was so exhausted after getting back home, its only about half a mile walk but I am obviously so unfit now, it is really frustrating, my knees were creaking I swear and very wobbly.

Sunday we decided to have another look online at wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses and some cravats for the groom and male page boys best man etc, which was nice and we have ordered quite a few things. This is the second wedding dress the first one was custom made in China but not very good quality or fit, so my daughter has put it on ebay! We have had very good reports from may different people that have had dresses made in China, but it did not work for us. Teal and white is the colour scheme at present, so here hoping to more sucesss this time, we ordered litlle ivory dresses for the two little bridesmaids with teal sashes, Debenhams and BHS being the suppliers at least anything can be returned this time if it is not right. My younger daughter will probably need several inches chopped off the bottom of the chief bridesmaid dress as she is a 5ft 2in size 8, lucky girl, or wear sky high shoes! Hope all goes well Rosie and you are not too uncomfortable when you return home, the Chemo SE's hopefully a thing of the past.

Love to all Cassie x

Morning everyone, I am also at work this week, not so busy as last time thank goodness but plenty to occupy my mind. Like Lovewine, this is the week of my last chemo, all being well. I agree though that until it's happened I feel almost scared to say it!

Hope everyone has a good day either recovering or preparing themselves!

Morning all,

Hope everyone has a few things lined up today, not sure about all that ironing though Lovewine ... take it easy! Jackie, I got up at 9.00 ish on Saturday and was back in bed at 10 lol, so I wouldnt worry too much just do whatever your body needs you to, sorry you had a rubbish nights sleep. It's so random, I slept really well on Saturday night (8 hours!!!) but then last night was fitful and sweaty, up at 1, 4 and 6 ... very annoying. This time last year I was recovering from a hysterectomy and couldnt sleep during that time either, took me ages to get a sleep pattern back, but it did return so there's hope for us yet!

Well, I'm off to the new school today.. exciting, hope everyone has a good day.

See you soon

Lisa

P.s what are you reading next?

Hi Jackie, yes this is my last chemo week( hopefully!!) am a natural pessimist so hardly dare say the words! I have loaded up the second mo book on to my kindle ready to start, but just to gave a breather from mutilation and murder I am reading " before we met" which is a thriller from richard and judy book club, I am finding it very good so far! Have a good day!

Morning Lovewine,
Is this week the run up to your last chemo? I hope you have a good day at work today - not too busy though! I'm in a bit if a lull re my reading - just waiting for the latest books coming out - end of the month for my next favourite one! Just in time for last cycle. Are you going to read the next Mo?

Morning, Jackie, I bought a v shaped pillow a few weeks ago and find it really comfortable for watching t.v and reading in bed, sorry you had a rubbish nights sleep, good luck with clearing and tidying! Hope you stay well😀
Have a busy full day at work today as have to do extra today to compensate for the rest of the week compensating for hospital visits! Quite welcome the distraction really! Will be tired tonight though.
Hope everyone is well, have a good Monday,
Really thinking of you rosie.

Morning everyone,

Rubbish night's sleep - toilet stops and tender chest - nothing awful, but enough to wake when I moved. Injections start today. Have bought a "V" cushion, so hopefully that will help me be more comfortable when I try to catch up on some sleep - can't believe I've not long woken up and I'm talking about going back to sleep already!
Thanks Wildpurl. That's the confusing part - I've always felt fine when my temp says otherwise - very confusing. I'm going to try not to take it as much and hope for the best. What are your plans for today? I'm going to try to tackle the huge pile of work related mess and organise it into our new bureau. Hopefully there will be lots of throwing out done.
Not sure what time Rosie's op is - it might be all over now and that will be another stage conquered!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow as well Rosie. When you wake up, the tumour will be gone and as Lovewine says, you will be recovering.

Jackie I've got my fingers crossed for you too, if you feel OK then you probably are OK so I hope you continue to feel alright and your temperature stabilises.

Hello everyone,

I hope you've all been enjoying the good weather today? My temp is up again after tax on Thursday, so I've kept out if it! Please cross your fingers that I don't end up in hospital again!
Rosie - I hope you have managed to get everything you wanted done - and if not - it can wait! Wishing you the very, very best tomorrow - we will be all thinking of you and wishing you a very speedy recovery. I have read lots of reports that ladies feel okay relatively soon afterwards. But I think if anyone deserves extra recovery time it's you. Love to all x x

Rosie, good luck, will be thinking of you, enjoy toast and marmite! This time tomorrow you will be recovering!!xxxx

I would like to thank all the ladies on this thread for their support and encouragement over the last 4 months we have all shared a journey we that we wished we hadn't had to! Also to other ladies that have popped over from other threads to give us their pearls of wisdom. I have really appreciated the great support over the last days as I have approached my surgery. I am now signing off going to watch football with DH and have my final cup of tea and slice of toast and marmite before the midnight hour.
I will get back to you all as soon as I can!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joan thank you for the information about the tear ducts and runny eyes, that is interesting. I have searched on the forums here and in general people have reported that it clears up after chemo is finished, so I guess it's a case of just get through it. One lady said she found optrex eye drops helpful and I might give those a try. It's better today but then I am indoors.

Rolicarpit I hope you have a lovely holiday, I was talking to my son this morning about our holiday in September, in Snowdonia, and I am really looking forward to it, just getting away and being out and about, resting and eating lots of good food.

On the subject of good food, thank you for your kind comment on our meals lovewine! I think probably other people's menus always seem more interesting than one's own! Both OH and I love cooking, and it is one of the things we enjoy at weekends, finding and trying new recipes. When we have a glut of vegetables from the garden we search for new recipes to make with those ingredients so we don't get bored.

Thanks Lovewine I actually didn't have light lunch I had chicken pasta decided I needed a pre surgery decent meal. DH walked dog his morning thank goodness and he found some ripe figs dog bags do come in useful on dog walks! I have just used some Greek yoghurt and a fig and the last of the stawberries together with some runny honey and ended my pre surgery feast!
Lisa I hope the weather will be kind to you and you have a great holiday!x

Hi Lovewine yes that sounds good. I'm hoping to go into work next week too. Will definitely have a pasty for you. Have a lovely day.

Thanks Lisa, yes probably best to meet up when you get back, have work Monday , Tuesday and dreaded appts too! 😱 would like to catch up again, so when you return from Cornwall maybe meet for a cuppa at wistow, if that suits you? Have a glass of Cornish cider for me, and a Cornish pasty!! The spicy chicken ones are particularly nice!!

Hi Lovewine, we are going on Friday so a few days yet, let me know if you fancy meeting up although I know its your week for appointments, if not maybe we could catch up when I come back and you will have had your last chemo by then too and be on the road to recovery Smiley Happy

Rosie, wishing you all the very best for tomorrow, soon be all behind you!! On that plane wedding bound before you know it😀😀 have a nice lunch today and a restful night, will be thinking of you tomorrow and the following few days Xx
Nellie, yes I would like to come to lunch too, sounds lovely, especially the blueberries! And yes I know what you mean about picnic chairs they either trap your fingers in them putting them up and down or collapse in a heap usually when you have a plate of food in your hand! Enjoy your day!
Joan, enjoy your birthday lunch, at least you may be able to taste the food!
Wildpurl, your chicken and Stilton sounds delicious- you do seem to have lovely food, far more exciting than mine! Are you a keen cook? It's also nice you grow a lot of your fruit and veg etc as that is much nicer to cook with than shop bought!
Hi Lisa, are you off to Cornwall soon? Hope the weather is nice for you and you enjoy it , it will be so nice to have a change of scene after chemo and before rads, how disappointing you didn't get a tattoo of your choice!!
Cassa, good luck with your first tax and herceptin, it's not as bad as the first three, glad you find our thread helpful, I have found great comfort and support from our lovely group of ladies😀
Jackie, Booksandwine,Eam,jos,Louise, cassie and sorry if missed out anyone! Have a good Sunday.

Morning Tlj you have the summer holiday now to enjoy your son so don't start worrying about September! Thank you the tip on the drains I am expecting them! Thanks for virtual hug ! X
Joan do have a wonderful birthday lunch and yes I am hoping to wake up after op with the side effects well and truly gone! X

Just a brief response before we leave for our birthday lunch. 

Wildpurl re runny eyes. The oncologist said it was because chemo affects the tear ducts so theyt don't perform their usual function of draining the tears away. I think I assumed that they produced the tears but not so apparently.

Rosie, sorry you're suffering bad side effects from the TAX although good you got some sleep. Hope being under sedation for the op will mean the side effects are not noticeable. 

All the lovely food so many of you are describing is mouthwatering and must mean the sense of taste is returning. I have also found that for the first time the horrible taste in the mouth has reduced, if not completely disappeared. On the other hand, despite now being in week 3 of TAX my fingers and feet are still numb and tingly. I also have raised blood sugat levels so have to have a fasting blood test on Tuesday. After that may have to cut out the sweet stuff so plan to have a nice dessert today!

Nellie, yes we do live on an island, so going to boarding school is not that unusual here. At the moment my son is very excited about going. Of course he will probably be feeling a little bit more apprehensive when we actually get on the plane to go! I am going to have to be very brave when we actually say our goodbyes. I'm sure it will feel very weird to walk away and leave him in his new surroundings. Fortunately, we live close enough that he will be able to come home every 3 weeks or so, not like the old days when kids where shipped off in September and didn't come home til Christmas. The hair cut was a great success, number 2 round the sides and a longer bit on top. A lot of gel is now required! It makes him look a bit older so he's well chuffed.
My face is doing exactly the same as you described. This time though it seems more severe. Are you on herceptin and tax? I was wondering if it was the herceptin doing strange things to my hormones. I hope not because I'm not sure I can tolerate this for a year, it is beginning to get a bit stingy.
Rosie, I want to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I hope you get some good drug induced sleeps! Don't be disturbed if you get sent home with a couple of drains in. They are nuisance, but better than ending up with seromas that need to be drained. My hospital provided pretty paper shopping bags to put the drain bottles in which made it easier to walk around and less disturbing for visitors. Sending you a 'virtual' hug for a speedy recovery.

Morning Wildpurl thank you for you good wishes for tomorrow. The hardest think is still being on Day. 6 post chemo. Had last injection this am !!! Your meal sounded delicious. We are going to go out for a light lunch tuna pitta and salad I have just taken 2 painkillers to get rid of aches and pains!
Wendy glad you are finding our April thread interesting many thanks for your good wishes and good luck with your onward journey!x

Hi Rosie

I just wanted to say all the very best for your op tomorrow and I hope you have a fabulous time at your sons wedding 🙂
I have just started chemo (in July thread) but I have read with interest the April thread. You are such a great bunch of ladies, Rosie you could make a fortune with your story - you are a true inspiration to us all 🙂

Loads of gentle hugs and positivity to you 🙂

Wendy xx

Good morning everyone, Rosie I along with a lot of others will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you all the best. Glad DH is able to take on more housework duties now as he will need to for a week or so after your op!
Cassa, good luck with the Tax, I found it not nearly as bad as I feared so I hope it is the same for you.

Nellie, you have got lots of lovely produce there and your dinner sounds lovely

Rolicarpit it is lovely to hear there is life after chemo and I am looking forward to the time when I don't have to go through SEs any more. Less than a week to go till the last one now. I am sure the last few days will go very quickly.
It is interesting what you say about low levels of red blood cells being behind the lack of fitness. I guess that could be the cause, I will have to increase my iron intake!

Yesterday we had a lovely relaxing day at the village rock festival, followed by a delicious meal of chicken breasts stuffed with Stilton and rolled in bacon with new potatoes and mangetout. Today I have a bit of housework to do but otherwise plan to rest as much as possible. I also have a banana cake to make.

Morning Lisa thank you for you good wishes! Shame about the the lack of choice of tattoos! At least you have the next part of the journey mapped. Great idea to get your nan to jam make she will love it! Good luck with the washing!

Morning all,

Rosie - wishing you all the very best of luck and some more for tomorrow .. you are an inspiration, I will be thinking about you the next few days.

sounds like everyone else is getting on with life at the moment which is lovely, it's so nice to read all the things people are doing and planning to do as it's a real indicator that we're all feeling ok and soon you will be feeling ok after the last chemo and will just keep getting better. I've said it before but will say again what an amazing feeling it is to know you're not going to experience the side effects again and I'm wishing the next few weeks away for you all so you can experience it too ! Good luck to those who are going for last chemos this week.

Nellie - I think the same as you about fitness, I'm managed to convince myself its the low blood count and lack of red cells that make me feel so unfit and Wildpurl Im so impressed with your continued efforts to be exercising I just havent been able to do it but have some plans for when I get back from holiday to get back into some exercise ...must shift the wight I've put on for a start !

Rads planning on Friday was completely fine apart from the lack of choice of tattoos, no butterflys or dolphins or anything just 3 small dots, how disappointing lol ... start on 28th July and last one on 25th August

Very jealous of peoples harvests from their gardens, did manage to get some potatos and a few broad beans from ours yesterday which were lovely but most of the potaoes have been attacked by something underground. We will however have plenty of apples, damsons, plums and greengages later on. My nan is coming to stay for a few days in August and I intend to make use of her jam making skills !

Well ... not got a lot planned today, need to sort washing for holiday and chill out.

Hope you all have a great day

Lisa

Thanks Cassa and good luck with the remainder of your chemo! glad you find our posts so helpful they have been a huge amount of support to me!x