73.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

rosie14

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Tight dressings and stitches out Friday!
rosie14

It's such a relief Wildpurl!
rosie14

I have just lost post!
Home at last didn't get off lightly before I left when he took off dressing found loads of fluid under left expander so he persuaded it out and filled a sick bowl ! He then proceeded to bind me very tightly I popped the dressing twice and they gave DH a roll of tape! Dog will be here any minute so she will be excited . I forgot how hot it is outside here. I am sat in shade at mo by pool as it is so lovely to be outside! Xxxxxxxxx
Wildpurl

Well done on reaching the finish line Tlj, and I hope your SEs are not too bad. It certainly is a scorcher here, OK indoors with blinds closed and windows open.

Oh Rosie, your poor hand, 9 days with a cannula! It's good you are being disconnected from all that and sent home.
rosie14

Tlj that's great news from you as well congratulations for passing that finishing line. My veins are all crap I couldn't bear it when they were putting the antibiotic in last night their solution was to put it more slowly it was literally burning. I had to have more today and it took 3 hours for it to go through!!!! She said I've got to give you pain killer at 12! I pointed to my mouth and asked for oral which she fortunately understood! My poor left hand is si swollen as it has had a cannula in for 9 days!!!!!!! It's so good to be free of drains and drips!!!!
Tlj63

Fab news Rosie. I'm sure you will feel loads better just being in your own home. You will probably be a little more active being at home which may all help with reducing the fluid retention. However, make sure your husband is still on cooking and washing up duties, you don't want to over do it.
I've just got back from having my last chemo. I hope I don't need any more because my veins are now crap. Took 3 goes to get in, but after that all went fine. Now feeling a bit hyper, probably a combination of steroids and elation that it is hopefully all over except for the herceptin and tamoxifen. Let's hope the side effects are not too grim this weekend and then I can start looking forward to going on holiday in a few weeks time.
Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. It's 'phew what scorcher' here today
Wildpurl

Woohoo! That's great news 🙂
rosie14

Just to let everyone know I will be on the way home later this afternoon! X
rosie14

Hi Joan I am going on Thursday meanwhile I am drinking pints of water. I had to speak to the lady in the shop on thr phone DH phoned me!
nellie2099

Rosie, Dare I say steroids are good for combatting fluid retention........!!??
LOL
Nellie
joan47

Nellie, I had swollen feet and ankles just before my last chemo but think it was probably due to the heat, sitting in a car and not being able to put my feet up all day. It continued for the first couple of days on steroids then went. I hope the appt with the surgeon goes well. Chemo 6 on Friday, another one of us nearly there.

Jos, have a lovely time in Wales, hope the weather stays good for you.

Wildpurl, you have done amazingly well so far keeping busy, certainly put me to shame. I think you can allow yourself a bit of downtime now. Glad your taste seems to be coming back.

Lovewine, perhaps the hospital could prescribe Cotes du Rhone for nausea, glad you enjoyed it as well as it making you feel less sick. If you do have to have more chemo, and I do hope you don't, it might be worth asking if they can give you some different medication. Emend has been mentioned by other ladies as being very effective. But let's hope for good news on Thursday.

Rosie, very impressed that your husband came back with the right thing, heaven knows what mine would do. Your dress for the wedding sounds lovely and, fortuitously, just right in your changed circumstances. I hope you manage to get rid of the excess fluid soon, one way or the other,it must be very uncomfortable. I'm not surprised you had a meltdown. I wonder if reflexology could help with that as well as making you feel better. I remember having a foot and leg massage when I was on holiday in China a few years ago and, unexpectedly, it sorted out my constipation, extremely quickly.
rosie14

Hi Nellie good to hear from you! Pesto I risotto sounds very nice Nellie. I keep forgetting I won't have this taste problem again you live so long the chemo journey it's like coming out into a whole new world! My daughter has put a Facebook plea for anyone who knows how to get rid of fluid retention quickly. Some good ideas coming up drink loads of water which I am and spending every half hour in loo hopefully getting rid of it! Reduce salt another.
Good luck with number 6!!!!!
nellie2099

Hi All,

Been busy for a few days and internet playing up so lots to catch up with!

Wildpurl I am glad your hair is growing back - I have been a bit scared to let mine start as I can see it is only growing in places so have buzzed bits off with my girls electric shaver.  I am going to wait until there is an obvious growth all over but I am not looking forward to the inevitable spiky look as it grows out.  My daughter also made some pesto and I find it does lift normal meals into the tastable realm - popped a dollop in my risotto last night- very nice!

Joan I am sorry you too are finding fatigue a growing problem.  Despit it being my week 3 I just don’t seem to be able to make it through the day without a 3 hour nap regardless of how much sleep I have had the night before.  Yesterday I slept from 3 - 6 pm and was still in bed by 9.30 exhausted!  It is so hard to get much done.

Side effects seem to be popping up their ugly heads again for some- I hope they pass quickly.  Has anyone suffered swollen feet and ankles - it is on my list of SEs for once but not something I have heard anyone else on the thread have.  I also feel like a balloon not sure if anything to do with it.

Lovewine I hope you enjoy your Look good course today - I am very impressed you can manage to go out so soon after chemo.  I don’t like to drive the first week as it seems to do something to my vision and depth perception - I feel as if I’m in a goldfish bowl and nothing feels right.

Jos I am amazed at how you, and EAM and Jackie are juggling looking after a small child and your treatment. I don’t know how you all have managed things like street parties and birthday cakes - inspirational!  I too will throttle the next person who says ‘it’s nearly over’ - to me it feels as if it’s just beginning.  I am terrified of not being seen every few weeks and able to discuss worries. I have got quite tearful and down about it - I don’t know if it’s just SEs or genuine terror!

Rosie I see your dramas continue - I hope you are managing still to keep your spirits up.  I have my fingers crossed for you and hope once you are home the healing process will be rapid.  Keep the exercise gentle!  I hope the fluid retention subsides quickly - sounds rather alarming.

Cassie well done for getting to work, I did think of you in this heat as I remembered you are quite high up in your building and it gets very warm.  Glad you are managing.

TIj my husband keeps joking he is going to buy an ambulance as we have needed one 5 times (one for me and 4 for father in law for hip dislocations) since Christmas. Perhaps you could book a regular slot at A and E for you and your family!!! I hope your poor son is recovering - grazes hurt almost more than small deep cuts so he has my sympathy. 

Louise good to hear from you and glad you survived number 5!

Well I start the road to number 6 today with clinic later today and Chemo Friday bloods permitting. I also have the dreaded surgeon’s appointment tomorrow when I hope they will say the lumps and bumps under my arm are just scar tissue from the ops and nothing sinister.  As the surgeon is new I am taking a leaf out of EAMs book and going armed with all my letters and bits of paper in a smart folder to look as if I mean business. I am going to try and battle to get the BRCA test done as the English patients get it for triple negative if they are under 50 so I don’t see why Wales should say under 40.  Knowing me though I will say three words and just burst into tears!!

Lastly Jos - Croeso i Gumru - hope you enjoy it!

Nellie

rosie14

Oh that will make you feel better Lovewine enjoy! I have had breakfast and a wash now so just waiting for the surgeons visit not sure when it will be between surgery I expect! Have just contacted reflexology lady about my appointment on Thursday and she said it is very good pre and post op so I will def get DH to take me!
Wildpurl

Morning everyone, Rosie I am not surprised you have had a bit of a meltdown, you have had so much to cope with it is normal. I hope you will be able to come home today because I think you will be able to rest and recuperate better once you are at home. At the moment I think it must be difficult for you to know what you can cope with and what you want to do because of all the things that are going on.

Jos, that's great that you are off to Wales and meeting up with your sister, have a lovely time.

I slept a bit fitfully last night as it was quite hot and close, but cooled down towards morning. I feel completely wrung out and exhausted this morning, so unusually for me I think I will not plan to do anything today except rest and go to have my injection. On the plus side my coffee tastes more normal today so taste is improving.

Lovewine

Morning Rosie, can't blame you having a meltdown after the last few days! Don't despair, you still have 5/6 days to feel so much better, it's amazing how quickly our bodies do heal and once you are at home you will build more strength, will keep everything crossed for you!!
Wildpurl, yes I recommend the new medication for sickness( cotes du Rhone) !! It certainly worked for me and eased my grumpy mood too! Hope you feel a little brighter today and can enjoy your lovely food 🍲🍵
Jos, good luck today with appointment and have a lovely time in Wales, we used to go to st David's in Pembrokeshire and also up to Porthmadog area and love it, want to go to aberdovey for a long weekend maybe between surgery and radio, and have a lovely time with your sister, will be lovely to see her and have some help and support.
I am off to be dolled up today at look good feel better course!!
rosie14

Had a bit of a melt down last night due to this water retention in my abdomen. The surgeon came to look at it again and said it will dispurse I just do not feel like flying on a plane at the moment. My son that is getting married looked at me last night on skype and said are you sure you shouldn't
Be putting the flight back but what will 3 days make. Ladies I have a very steep mountains to climb!!!!i have just had yet another blood test they really won't be able to find any more veins I am hoping to get oa get out of jail free card today and get away from needles!!!!! Let's hope the surgeon doesn't come when I am in the shower again!! Waiting for wash and breakfast!
Lovewine let's hope I am strong enough too make it!
Wildpurl DH meal sound wonderful and I used to find that pesto helped with flavouring .
I like your new remedy for sickness Lovewine a glass of Cotes de Rhone!
Glad your meal tasted ok I used to find I was so hungry I would eat most of it anyway taste or no taste!
Jos hope you have a good time in Wales and enjoy seeing your sister it's been a long time coming but you will enjoy!
Hope the rest of you are all well. Hope the party plans went well for your little girl Eam. I will let you know if I get to go home!xxxxxxxx
jos

Hello All

Just a quickie as it has got so late and I still have a load of stuff to do before tomorrow.

I have an onc appointment in the morning and then I am off to Wales for a few days so just wanted to say I hope things go well for you all this week.  I shall be back on Saturday with my sister who i am picking up from the airport on the way home - hurray! 

x

Wildpurl

LOL at your rebellious cotes du Rhone Lovewine, that made me smile. I'm glad it has made you feel less sick!
Even though my food did not taste normal, it still tasted quite nice and I have eaten a normal size helping and feel much better for it. Even better, we have leftovers so will not need to cook tomorrow and they will probably taste that much more normal.
I think I will have an early night, though, I am obviously quite tired!
Lovewine

Totally agree Wildpurl,! I am starving too, but yet still feel sick! Am so fed up that I have poured a nice glass of cotes du Rhone and am rebelliously sipping it and bloody loving it!! And even better it has made my sickness start to go away! Hope you can enjoy your food, it does sound nice!
Wildpurl

Your dress sounds lovely Rosie 🙂
Right, moan alert. I'm starving hungry and yet don't feel like eating anything, exhausted by chemo and drained by the heat and I have just managed to organise myself to make pesto which has not helped either of these conditions! I'm now resting while I wait for OH to do pasta, new potatoes and mangetout with the pesto, which is a normally lovely HughFW summer recipe but which I fear I am not going to enjoy because of taste buds. I've had enough and I just want to recover now.
Lovewine

Sounds lovely!! And at least a suitable neckline to cover all that's going on , hope the sun shines on the day, I think you said before it was a fairly low key wedding at a hotel in Plymouth? It will be a fabulous day I am sure, a blooming achievement for you after all the hiccups you have had over last few months!! I can see a large glass of bubbly with your name on it!🍸🍸🍸🍸
rosie14

Good luck on Thursday Lovewine you did say but I couldn't remember! It is a control pant he has bought me!
My dress is mainly purple with small amount of green, pink and black it is floral and luckily has a highish neck with a ruffle coming up from the waist to the chest area . I got it in the Debenham's sale in Dec before I was diagnosed!
Lovewine

Hi Rosie, I go on Thursday to see surgeon and to see what she says about the enlarged lymph node, I really hope she decides on surgery as the thought of 2 more chemos is pretty depressing! Not sure why node would be one infected on chemo, hoping it may be a reaction, oncologist did say they would clear them all out anyway! Haven't seen a girdle for ages, think I may have been trussed up in a " control pant" when I wore my wedding outfit for my sons wedding last September!! You will have a lovely flat tummy even if you can't breathe! What colour is your dress?
Wildpurl, my neighbours had extension built last year and drove me mad and wasn't ill then! Well done for resting through the noise, egg fried rice is making me feel hungry now!
rosie14

Lovewine the end is in sight just rest up if you are feeling wobbly and give in to it. I have forgotten when it is you will see someone to say whether or not you will have surgery or two more chemos.
Thanks Lovewine and Wildpurl for you encouragement I have a week at the moment my abdomen looks like I am expecting a baby. I have just sent DH to the shop to get me pantie girdle I am hoping it will be gone by time of wedding Aug 2nd!
Wildpurl you did well to sleep through builders I am a very light sleeper and any noise wakes me! Egg fried rice I fancy that!!!!!
Wildpurl

So sorry you are feeling rotten Lovewine, I hope you can get some rest and start to recover soon. I've just had a long nap and am contemplating going for a walk, the next door neighbour has builders in to work on his extension and even though it is the other side of his house from us it is very noisy, it is amazing I managed to sleep at all!

I had egg fried rice for lunch which didn't taste too bad.
Wildpurl

Well Rosie, it is very encouraging that you may be able to go home tomorrow and that the surgeon is still saying you will be OK to fly. I think your plan of walking is good, it is a steady exercise and will strengthen you generally. If anyone can do this, you can, and you will have the support of your DH and your family too. Along with Lovewine I'm rooting for you!
Lovewine

Rosie, sounds positive news! This time next week you will be on way to sons wedding!!! Am not tempting fate- but you are such a strong character you WILL BE!! A little exercise every day will soon build up your strength too.
Joan, I feel the same as you regarding surgery, don't want to have lumpectomy without clear margins ,only to end up back in surgery at a later date having a mastectomy! I went to work for about an hour this morning and have given up! Feel dreadful, gets worse for me on day 5 after each Tax, I feel very nauseous again, have taken ondestron and cyclizine which helps a little, just feel very tired and wobbly too, must say I am very p...ed off with this bloody chemo now!
joan47

Rosie, so sorry you are have had further problems. The hospital must think you are such a lovely lady they don't want you to go home. But great that your blood count has stabilised and you should be home soon. The surgeon examining you in the shower does seem very insensitive. I know we lose much of our dignity through all this but it seems crass. Thanks for the advice about looking at the surgery thread, I will follow it up. I have also come across a reference in one of the Breast Cancer Care booklets to a website about surgery options www.bres.com so think I will have a look at that too.

TiJ. Sorry to hear about your son, hope it heals up quickly. Thanks for the info about your friend; and EAM about your experience. Thats one of the things I'm bothered about, having to go back for several ops and then ending up with mastectomy anyway.

EAM, your slow start doesn't seem very slow to me, walk and birthday cake. Sorry you had a tearful afternoon, hope you enjoy your daughters birthday. I have e definitely found myself getting more tired earlier with each chemo, less of the steroid bounce. Like you I can feel the sore mouth coming on despite all the medication. Also have cold sore developing on lip. I'm a bit prone to them d got one on my face after first Tax.. Used my usual ointment but told that next time I needed to get tablets. So currently waiting phone call from GP.

Love wine, sorry you were feeling rough yesterday. Hope today is better. What are you taking for the nausea. The thought of having to have more chemo must be making it so much worse.

Wild purl, yes, my taste has gone too, can't even taste sweet things, which at least keeps me out of the biscuits. Great news about your hair. I can't remember whether you used the cold cap. I'm hoping to hang onto what's left of my eyebrows but each morning wake up expecting them to be gone. So far my nails seem OK, so hoping the purple nail polish working as well as looking nice.

Louise, great you're nearly there. Hope the side effects diminish soon.

Jos, glad you are feeling better and we're able to enjoy the street party.

Cassie, well done for getting to work. And great about the sleep.

rosie14

It's my stomach that is swollen ladies ! Anyway he has been back and said my blood count is good today they will check tonight if ok I can go home tomorrow and I asked him about flying he said I should be ok !!!!! I have made a plan when I get home I will walk down and up the road starting once early morning and late evening and increase the number of times walking is the only exercise I can do. Lovely to hear from you Louise! Xxx
Wildpurl

Well done Louise, that's fantastic, nearly there!
Wildpurl

Rosie I also used a soft sports bra which helped keep everything in shape, I was also more comfortable with it on. Sounds like you are making progress, it is a good sign when the drains are allowed to come out!
Louise3721

Hello lovely ladies getting over Fec 5 feeling awful but only one to go yippee!! Nearly there ladies we are all on the home straight . This thread is so busy that I can not keep up so will just send best wishes to you all.The end is in sight x
Tlj63

Rosie, I think you will be amazed how much the swelling goes down over the next week. When I woke up from my surgery my new boob was like one of Pamela Stephenson's. Within a week is was back to the same size as my old boob and then gradually reduced further. It is currently slightly smaller than my other boob, but will be visiting the surgeon in a couple of weeks to be 'inflated'. I wore a soft but fairly firm sports bra for several weeks which helped to keep the swelling under control.
rosie14

Seems to happen after mastectomy due to lack of exercise Lovewine. I am keeping my feet up when I sit now and trying to walk around more! I have measured it with a headscarf and if it is bigger tomorrow I shall flip my lid!x
Lovewine

Oh Rosie, we have no dignity left do we!!! Another day in hospital! What is causing the swelling? Good luck with researching it! Thinking of you xx
rosie14

We haven't mentioned the you know what yet???!!!!!!!!
rosie14

Surgeon came when I was being helped in a sit down shower walzed in the bathroom pulls the dressing off says the other drain can come out. I have had another blood test this morning may have to have more blood not home today!
The surgeon said the swelling will take 2 weeks to go down I am going to do research and see how I can get rid of it quicker!
Wildpurl

Morning ladies, sounds like reasonable weekends were had by all. My DS and his GF came round yesterday and brought me some flowers, we sat in the garden and had tea and watched the flowers grow, it was very pleasant. My taste has gone now so did not enjoy yesterday's dinner as much as I would have liked, but hopefully it will recover by the end of the week, it came back quite quickly last time.
I slept very well last night and did not even wake up when OHs alarm went off this morning!

OH has Thursday and Friday off this week, so I have the first few days to rest and recuperate and then will have some company, which will be nice. It's overcast and humid here so I don't plan to do much today, just a bit of housework, get on with my course on managing my money which I am slowly completing and make some pesto with the huge amounts of basil we have growing in the greenhouse.

This time round I feel maybe less sense of needing to recover as quickly as possible so as to get time to do things I want to do. I feel quite relaxed and sleepy, although that could be as much to do with the heat as anything.

Rosie I hope you will continue to recover today and that the swelling goes down, and the drain comes out!
Lovewine, EAM and Joan, hope your SEs are not too bad. Jos, glad to hear you are feeling better and more like yourself now. Tlj, good luck for this week! Cassie and Nellie I hope you are doing well.
Lovewine

Morning everyone, another week starts! Rosie, hope you enjoyed your early morning cup of tea! Good luck with today.
Eam, sorry you felt fragile yesterday, I did too, no energy at all, feeling sick and wobbly and very hungry! And yes tearful too! I can't bear the thought of possibly having another 2 chemos.
Jos, street party sounds great fun, glad you were able to join in and enjoy it, it makes us feel more normal doesn't it just to do fun things like that! Good luck for the week ahead too.
Tij, hope your son isn't too sore, living near the beach is my idea of bliss, have a good day too!
Joan, hope you are ok today, Wildpurl , side effects hopefully going now for you, Jackie, hope you are doing ok? Love to all our lovely ladies- cassie, Nellie, Booksandwine, Louise,Lisa,everyone else too!!
Eam, have a lovely day with your little girl, hope she enjoys the birthday cake, happy birthday to her🎈🎈🎈🎂🎂
rosie14

Jos that great that you were able to enjoy you street party my daughter had one in Newcastle last Saturday as they have all move on to a new estate so they could get to know each other, yes Jos I can't believe my saga and hope it will al l settle down today,will we get out today? Watch this space!!!'?
I was awake early despite one of their plils 5.30 pm so I asked for a cup of tea as breakfast isn't until 9.00am!!!!! Hope you have a good dayxxxx
All you other lovely ladies too Wildpurl, Cassie , Nellie, Joan Jackie, Lisa Tlj hope I haven't missed anyone xxxxxxx
rosie14

Eam sorry to hear you have had a fragile day but glad you have finished your little girls cake! Hope she has a lovely birthday! X
rosie14

Third attempt at writing I thi ng it will do short posts! Still have seek
Lolling Lovewine nurses say it is nothing can't explain what it is but say surgeon know and ne will explain to me! Hope you ate ok x
jos

Hello All

After my disastrous Friday, I am finally feeling more like myself!  Had a lovely day at our street party - the kids played for 10 hours straight and as it was all happening just outside I could dip in and out and rest when I needed to. 

Rosie - you do have a lot going on.  i hope this clot is the end of it and you can now get plenty of rest before getting on that flight on the 28th.

Lovewine - good luck with the surgeon on Thurs and your look good day on Tues.  I hope the dip in mood hasn't been too bad this weekend.

EAM - thanks for the words of encouragement regarding the op and the worry of lymphoedema.  Sorry you've had a tearful afternoon - hope you feel better tomorrow and have a lovely day on your daughter's birthday. 

Joan - sorry to hear about your disappointing MRI results and that you are now left with a dilemma.  This journey is so full of frustrations and uncertainties.  Yes, I will be seeing a breast care nurse to talk me through the LICAP surgery although I don't think she will be able to give me MRI results - I think that has to wait for a doctor.  I'm seeing the onc on Tuesday so will ask then.

Cassie - glad to hear you have been well enough to go to work and that your sleep has improved.

And talking of sleep, how did it get so late?!  Better get to bed......

Sleep well all.

x

EAM28

Had a bit of a slow start today.  Fatigue,headaches & hot flushes mainly & can feel the sore mouth coming on even though been trying to use as much mouthwash & gel as possible.  Managed to go for a walk although regretted it half way & still had a big hill to get back to the car!  Got the bday cake done at last! Pretty knackered now but cant switch off.  Had a bit of a tearful afternoon for some reason.

Good to hear from you joan & congratulations on your last chemo!  Sorry to hear about your results.  Like you say - you would rather they do what they have to do to get rid!  I hope things are more clear in a few weeks for you.

Hope you have had a good day wildpurl & lovewine.  If the s\e's have kicked in i hope not too bad.

Glad you are feeling well enough to work cassie & you sound upbeat,nice to hear from you.

Tlj63 sorry to hear about your son,hope he is doing well.  Hope you had a lovely bbq.  I had to have further surgery to get clear margins like your friend.  Now all out of the way i hope but i do remember saying if they needed to do masectomy then go for it!

Oh rosie still more for you to go through today!  I hope you have a good night lets hope it is all straight forward & onto getting a bit more back to normal for you.

I have been constantly hungry this round!  Think i will have to have something before i nod off! 

Xxxx

Lovewine

Oh Rosie, how are you getting on? Hope swelling has been sorted out. X
rosie14

I don't know whether or not it's due to the very tight bandage he has bound me with I feel like I am going to burst out like the Incredible Hulk !
Sorry to hear about your sons accident glad it wasn't too bad enjoy your BBQ . Yes hospital is air conditioned so it's 36 outside and 25 in .
Tlj63

Rosie, just spotted your latest post. Hope the swelling is nothing serious. Perhaps it's a bit of trapped air or poo! If they were really worried surely he would not be waiting to this evening to see you.
Tlj63

Morning everybody, hope everyone is coping today. Joan, when I was first diagnosed we discussed a lumpectomy, but in the end I had a mastectomy with an immediate reconstruction because of the position of my 2 very small lumps. Mine were on the cleavage side so the surgeon said it would have left a big dent in my cleavage side of my boob, which would have been difficult to hide. He told me that if it had been on the lateral side it would have been easier to 'shift things about' so you are not left with a big dent. I'm really glad I had the mastectomy because a friend of mine who is about 3 months behind me in this journey ended up with 3 trips to theatre to get clear margins. She started off with a lumpectomy and ended up with a mastectomy. Nowadays the surgeons do like to conserve as much breast tissue as they can, but only if they can assure themselves they can get clear margins. I think it also gets more tricky if the tumour is near the skin surface and/or the nipple.
Rosie, glad you are feeling clean and refreshed. Hope the second drain is removed tomorrow. You will feel liberated when it is gone. I'm assuming the hospital is air conditioned so you are keeping cool.
We've had a trip to A&E this morning. Not me thank God. Younger son fell off his skateboard last night. He has an enormous graze on his lower leg. We just didn't have anything big enough or suitable to cover it. He was seen by an apparently stunning female SHO. So he was very brave whilst she was sorting him out. It would have been a complete drama if mummy or daddy had tried to do it!
Hope the sun shines on everyone's gardening activities. We were going to the beach but have decided that getting sand in my son's wound would not be a good idea. So staying at home and having a BBQ with some friends later.
rosie14

Latest update swelling to left side of abdomen nurse doesn't think it is any thing to worry about! The surgeon is coming to see me again tonight .