73.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

June_BCC

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Hello

Here is a link to our publication on Reducing the 'Risk of Lymphoedema' that Alice45 mentioned

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/reducing-risk-lymphoedema-bc...

Best wishes

June, moderator

rosie14

Tlj hope your skin recovers quickly and hope you have a super trip to France which part are you going to?
Wildpurl I hope your ankles have gone down I am sure that walking will improve them and putting them up when you sit down!
Lovewine I am s pleased you don't have to have any more chemo but you should have been informed before!
Cassie have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the cream teas!
Wildpurl NT haven't caught up with the technology yet!
Jos try not to worry about complications most surgery goes ahead without any problems sorry you still have your oral thrush hope this gets sorted soon!
Joan that's great that you may not have to face mastectomy and that your surgery has been bought forward in a private hospital good luck for your pre op checks on Friday !
I am now going to
post this before I lose it. Our eldest son and his fiancée arrive tomorrow for 9 days looking forward to that hope I get unbound tomorrow!!!!! Xxxxxx
alice45

Morning, ladies, just dropping in from February…

Wildpurl, I had the swollen ankles post chemo too (not helped by the hot weather) and know it happened to others. It went away eventually.

Jos, have you read the very helpful BCC booklet on reducing the risk of lymphoedema? I’m sure someone will post a link to it if you can’t find it on this site. I had all my lymph glands removed under the left arm so am aware of the possibilities, but the booklet has advice on what to do to lessen the risk (though I’m not sure how to persuade mosquitoes to bite only the right arm…) My op was back last December, and so far so good… Moisturising the arm and keeping up the exercise seems to be key. I also now wear a medi-alert bracelet on the left arm in case of emergency treatment following encounter with the proverbial bus… Good luck.

rosie14

Joan some of our family only just made it with an hour to spare before the wedding the M 5 was dreadful! Hope your meeting with colleagues went well and you had some good ideas!
rosie14

Internet has been fixed so I will catch up with all your posts throughout the day! Just to let you know that the surgeon aspirated more fluid off which I expected as I had been so tight and then he opened lots of packets put some gloves on and took out some blood clots! I am now bound up agin got to see him tomorrow!
If you are awaiting surgery please do not be put off by my saga remember I had my final chemo 3 days early and then surgery just a week later and. 2 weeks later on a plane to UK. I clearly would not have done this by choice and if it hadn't been youngest sons wedding would have cancelled trip! I am glad I made the wedding it was a lovely afternoon and evening, Anyway now safely at home DH has gone to get some shopping. He has to keep his stitches in his back for a few more days which we are both quite pleased about!
It's very hot here such a lovely pool and can't swim!!!! Never mind hopefully I will get in before the water cools off in late September? X
joan47

Lovewine, that's great news, but what a shame you had to go through all the worry and start taking steroids. Hope your retail therapy was successful both in being enjoyable and productive. 

Rosie, glad you are back, pity about the wi-fi. My i-pad has gone down again so I am going to take it back at the weekend and insist on having it replaced. 

TiJ, hope you get good news from your echo tomorrow and are able to go on holiday with peace of mind. Glad your face is a bit better. How brave of you to shave all your hair off. My residual hair is growing and looking more and more like a tonsure. But just leaving it for the moment.

Wildpurl. sorry to hear about the swollen ankles; having done so well all the way through chemo it seems very hard to have these problems when you're at finishing post. Pity too about the delay on your NT voucher; seems unnecessarily bureaucratic but it sounds as if you're not too disappointed. 

Jos, have you been given anything specifically for thrush? I had anti-fungal tablets which seemed to be effective. It is horrible. 

Cassie, enjoy your holiday and especially the cream teas. 

Things are moving on very rapidly for me. Saw the surgeon yesterday and I am having surgery on Tuesday! I was expecting it to be towards the end of the month. The reason, apparently, isn't clinical, its to meet government targets to treat within 31 days. And since the surgeon has no space on his NHS hospital operating list within that time he is going to do the operation (on the NHS) at a private hospital. (So Jos, I am ahead of you now on the number of hospitals tally, this will make four).He only operates there once a week so all very rushed; I am going for a pre-op assessment on Friday. I confess I am a little concerned that something will get lost between the hospitals at some point or that although there might be some nice things about being at a private hospital the medical care might not be as good. I was dismayed, for instance, to find out that they have nobody who is trained to take bloods from a PICC line. So it has had to be arranged through the District Nurse at our local health centre and my husband has to go up to the private hospital today to collect the letter and the phials for the bloods and then we have to take them up tomorrow. 

I was also rather cross that a) the surgeon wasn't aware that an MRI had been done (ordered by the oncologist at a different hospital) nor was he aware that I had finished chemo over two weeks ago. In fact the first questioh he asked what where I was with the chemo. So much for their much vaunted weekly interdisciplinary and inter-trust meetings.  I wonder what they talk about. Had that information been properly commuicated then presumably I would have had an earlier appointment, surgical time could have been booked and I wouldn't have had the rush or the transfer to another hospital. 

On the posItive side, although it is still rather uncertain whether a lumpectomy will be sufficient, the surgeon wants to start with that and see whether he can get clear margins. So I am not having to face a mastectomy in the first instance, which is a relief.  Now I need to start looking more into lumpectomy, and no doubt get myself worried about the possible complications. I was so determined to prepare myself for having to have a mastectomy I rather put that on one side. 

jos

Hello All

Rosie - glad you are back safely.

Lovewine - hurray, no more chemo - what a relief for you.

Wildpurl - sounds a nice day ahead, glad ankles are better.

Cassie - have a lovely time in Devon.

I'm feeling better and stronger each day.  It's amazing how the body can bounce back.  Still have oral thrush though which is really unpleasant and means I can't get back to enjoying food just yet.  I'm waiting to hear about the next course of action for it.  Seem to now have a run of appointments over the next 10 days - breast care nurse this morning and next week oncology, rads and surgery appointments.

I feel generally ok with surgery but I have a massive concern about lymphoedema.  In fact it is almost becoming an obsession.  How has everyone else dealt with the threat of this?  It completely freaks me out.

x

Wildpurl

Morning Lovewine and everyone!
We had thought that it would be simple to activate our gift NT membership online so that we would be able to visit somewhere today, but in fact we had to fill in a form and send it by registered post with the voucher we received and then they will send back a 1 month membership and a parking voucher and a book, so goodness knows how long that will take! Anyway, I don't think we will be visiting anywhere this weekend, but maybe next weekend we will be all set.

I'm not too disappointed as I am happy to have a long weekend to rest and do stuff. I'm off to Pilates shortly, then going to do some gardening as it is a nice day. Tomorrow I am going to have my legs waxed, very exciting! I actually now have quite a lot of hair on them so it will be nice to have them all smooth again.

My ankles are a normal size this morning, we shall see how long that lasts.

I think retail therapy sounds like an excellent idea, I hope you enjoy your shopping. Rosie, hope you are well and more comfortable now with stitches out. Everyone else, I hope you are doing well and continuing to recover.
Lovewine

Typo error- some not DOME!
Lovewine

Morning everyone, no trip to the chemo unit today!! Instead am going for a modest trip to shopping centre for dome retail therapy! Rosie, hope you get your internet sorted am missing your morning updates!! Hope the stitch removal went well and things are healing as they should be.
Have a reasonable day everyone whatever your plans. X
Lovewine

Thankyou everyone, am so relieved. Cassie I love cream teas!! Enjoy your break away and yes so nice to have a change of scene!!
Wildpurl, enjoy your days off, are you going to a national trust house?
Wildpurl

Oh that's fantastic Lovewine, I'm so glad you don't have to have any more chemo! Of course it would be better if you hadn't had to have bloods or steroids either, but at least now you can relax and begin to enjoy the fact that you are finished!

Cassie, have a lovely holiday and enjoy those cream teas!
Cassie86

Hello all ladies

Glad you are back home safely Rosie and that your wifi is sorted out soon, also glad that Lovewine does not need anymore chemo.

I have been working about four hours a day this week but am still feeling v tired all the time, hopefully I should feel better next week with a few Devon cream teas inside me! I am really looking forward to getting away for a while, I will not have any internet access so will catch up in a weeks time.

Take care of yourselves C x

Lovewine

Good you are home Rosie! Hope you feel less discomfort when stitches out!
Well, saw oncologist today, no more chemo needed!! Still annoyed though at all this palaver I have had, took steroids and had bloods needlessly after all!! Still very happy though!
Scan next Thursday on lump and surgery all being well on 29th august! Still hasn't sunk in yet I don't have to go for chemo tomorrow, feel institutionalised !!
Wildpurl, how annoying your feet have swollen, just as you start to feel better along comes something else!!
rosie14

I am back ladies but we have no internet at home! At a beach bar with free wifi on way to clinic. hopefully be able to catch up tomorrow ! X
Wildpurl

Hello, another day at work, really glad I'm not working tomorrow! Definitely feeling stronger though, which is good. Last night I noticed my ankles swelling, for heavens sake another side effect, is there no end? Raised my feet on a bean bag and they improved, ok ish this morning but I see they are swelling again while I have been working. Grrrrr!

Rosie I hope you are safely home and on the road to Limassol to get those stitches out!

Right I'm off for a walk now.
Lovewine

Hi everyone, Rosie, hope you enjoyed your day today, safe journey home!
Wildpurl, thankyou for your kind words, must admit I feel pretty depressed at taking steroids tomorrow, feel in limbo at the moment! Enjoy your days off, hope you get to a national trust house!
Tij, poor you with having to put up with a rash as well as everything else! I had straggly wispy bits of hair and cut them off! My hair is starting to grow now though thankfully.
Jos, yes beetroot juice is quite an acquired taste!! Trying hard like you to be operation ready!!
Louise, hope your bloods are ok, all the best for onc and chemo too.
Joan , hope you are ok, rolicarpit, hope radiotherapy going ok this week too, cassie, hope your energy is picking up a little more now?
All the best ladies x
Tlj63

Hope everybody is feeling OK, particularly those that are building up for another hit of chemo.
I had my implant 'inflated' this morning. Painless procedure other than a small prick. The surgeon seems very chuffed with his handywork. The new boob is looking pretty similar to the old one, so I doubt whether I'm going to bother having the other one hitched up, but will decide when I go back to see him at the end of September.
My face is still itchy, although I had some piriton last night and that seemed to calm it down and meant that I had a great night's sleep!
DH decided my hair would look better if I got rid of all the straggly bits, so he set to with his beard trimmer on my head. This was 2 days ago when the skin on my face was looking very angry. Initially it looked terrible. I looked like someone who had been in a concentration camp or a creature from a scifi movie! Fortunately, my skin is not so angry now and I think I've got used to my complete lack of hair so it doesn't look quite so bad. I'm hoping the new growth will come in quickly so I can get rid of the scarves. I wish I had the guts to go commando as I find the scarves a bit annoying in this warm weather.
I can't believe how unfit I feel. I'm slightly concerned that when I go for my echo on Friday they will find something wrong, which will be a right pain as we leave for France on Saturday. Let's hope it's normal.
Rosie, I hope you have a safe trip home and the stitches come out without any more dramas.
Wildpurl

Afternoon ladies, glad you got to see your Dad Rosie and I think you are now at the airport waiting for your flight home. Safe trip and good luck with the stitches tomorrow!

Well done on taking part in your meeting Joan and I'm sure you did make a contribution and that your team were glad to have you there. One thing I have noticed is how pleased people at work have been to see me back, it's very nice to see.

Jos I think your plan sounds good and pleased to hear you are feeling a bit better.

Lovewine, you are being very strong about this whole business and I really admire how you are handling it. Of course this will be the one time your bloods will be absolutely fine! I am really hoping you will not have to have another chemo and I feel upset on your behalf that you will have to have steroids tomorrow. I hope you can enjoy this evening and tomorrow anyway.

I'm at work and have had meetings all morning then went for a brisk walk. I've got a quiet afternoon and have some work to get on with now. I'm so glad I decided to take Thursday off! I can manage one more day...

Hope everyone else is doing OK
jos

Good morning all

Feeling a bit better this morning.  Stuck to plan yesterday - short walk, meditation, a few stretches, some healthy food (still not tasting right but going in the right direction) and then lots of rest, a snooze and an early night.  Will do pretty much the same today.

Lovewine - good luck with the waiting game today.  Well done with the beetroot juice!

Rosie - sorry your dad has gone downhill but it's good that you got to visit. 

Wildpurl - enjoy your NT membership - hope you have some lovely relaxing days.

Cassie - yes, this lack of energy is so frustrating.  A couple of weeks ago I was actually thinking I might do some light jogging between chemo and surgery.  In my dreams maybe!

Lisa - I hope the cyst gets sorted and is nothing too serious.

Joan - glad your meeting went well.  How's the cake?!  I have painted my nails black or dark purple throughout the Tax.  I can see when I change it each week that there is a very slight darker purple patch by the cuticle and they do feel a bit tender at times.  i'm not sure I'm out of the woods yet but for the time being they have never looked better and i am a convert to nail varnish (i usually do my toenails but never my finger nails).  I haven't had any chipping or flaking.

Well, on with the day....  I hope you all have good days whatever you are doing.

x

Lovewine

Morning everyone, just been for pre chemo bloods so will be on edge now for rest of day! Louise, you are in same boat too, hope your week goes ok .
Rosie, sad your dad is not so good, at least you managed to see him, but it must be very hard leaving family behind, at least you have sons visit to
look forward to soon!
Hope everyone is doing ok.
rosie14

Staying at my sisters house she is away and she has left her wifi on! Dad isn't good he has gone downhill both mentally and physically since we saw him in April very sad glad we made the 5 hour journey up to see him. We will see him briefly again this morning before departing for m
Manchester. Flight at 2.55 pm will be glad to get home now. Hate saying goodbyes to the children! Eldest son and fiancée coming out to Cyprus on Aug 8th for 9 days before they return to France hopefully I will be feeling more mobile by then.cant wait for the stitches out tomorrow!
!Louise good luck with your chemo is this the last one?
Jos so sorry to hear that you ended up in hospital glad you are back home. You will find the side effects pass fairly quickly and you will be able to eat anything again without having it highly spiced or salty!
Wildpurl glad to hers that you are entering from the chemo side effects and hope you enjoy your gardening and NationalTrust.
Cassie slowly slowly with the return to physical activity don't beat yourself up about it your body has been through a lot!
Glad you have your aches and pains under control I agree with you about reducing the amount of tablets being taken as we have filled ourselves with a shelf of drugs!
Lisa glad radiotherapy is going well! Are you returning to work full or part time I wouldn't return full because teaching will zap everything you have. When I go back I will only go part time and I will not take responsibility for a class again 8 shall go back as a prop to the primary staff. I can t even think about it yet and i5 is easier for me to pull the shots as DH and I are the directors and own the buisness!
Can't believe you have been sent to three different hospitals do they share records?
Joan I wouldn't bother about your waistline yet you need time now to enjoy the foods that we couldn't eat !
Well ladies I don't find my sisters house warm so am going to get up and prepare for the day. Tomorrow morning- God willing, will be catching up from home in a warm house . Have a good day everyone! Xxx
Lovewine

Hi everyone, jos, hope you are feeling a little better? How awful to be in hospital after all the chemos and to be kept awake by noisy people. I am trying to do a pre operation health boost too! Have even been drinking beetroot juice and eating pumpkin seeds instead of sweets! Don't think it will be a long term thing!! But anything to help at the moment.
Rolicarpit, you can see the end of treatment on the horizon!! Is it leicester general you have to go to? Hope cyst is sorted out, it's market harborough that has the market, it's only small but you can find some real gems!
It's on every Sunday in market hall, yes we must meet up for that coffee, maybe next week or following week, depending on your treatment and my chemo/surgery!
Cassie, know what you mean about no energy! I have had to cut short shopping trips as just ran out of steam, it makes me angry I can't do what I used to do, hope your aches and pains start to improve that will help.
Wildpurl and Joan sounds like you have been busy working, must say a visit to a stately home sounds a lovely day out.
Rosie, hope all is well with you and D/H.
All the best to you ladies, hope you are recovering from S/effects as best as can.
Thankyou for all your supportive comments on my chemo/ no chemo issue!! X
rolicarpit

Hi Joan I have been using aqueous cream that the hospital gave me a couple of times a day... No sign of any skin soreness yet. I've had 6 sessions, day off tomorrow as the machine is being serviced !
joan47

Oh Jos, what a shame to end up in hospital at this late stage. I had to go in with neutropenia after my second chemo but was lucky that the only bed available was a single room, to have to cope with feeling so rotten and not to be getting any peace and quiet just makes it all the worse. Take it easy, it left me feeling completely limp for several days, I didn't even have the energy to read or listen to music. I hope your taste buds recover soon. Good news about your nails and eyebrows. Did you do anything special eg paint them with dark nail varnish? I fear one of mine might be starting to lift although the rest still seem OK. It is the finger that has been most affected by the numbness though so I am hoping that is the reason.

Cassie, it's good that you are getting some relief from the aches and pains, hope they will soon disappear. Only 80! I definitely feel I have been practising for old age.

Wildpurl, glad you are feeling better but it sounds a good idea to do a 3 day week. Enjoy your National Trust visits if that's what you decide to do. Which houses are near you?

Rollicarpit, glad that radiotherapy is going well apart from the tiredness. Have you used anything to prevent skin damage. A friend of mine has just finished her course but developed very sore skin. I think she used aqueous cream. Other people have mentioned bio oil.

My meeting went well and we have the germ of a research proposal. My colleagues are keen to get it in by November but thankfully are happy to do the spadework with me just commenting. I feel incapable of any original thought at the moment. I came home and fell asleep for two hours on the sofa. However that gave me enough energy to bake a cake for a friend coming tomorrow. Trouble is, we won't eat much of it so the temptation to have a piece with coffee or maybe while watching TV in the evening is likely to prove irresistible. One good thing about FEC, it put me off eating, which was very good for my waistline.
rolicarpit

Re: Hi

Afternoon everyone

Sorry to hear that some of you are still struggling, it wont be long now until you start to feel a little more human. I'm definitly fitter than I was a couple of weeks ago although still a long way to go yet! The radiotherpay has been going OK although I was very tired this weekend but Im not sure whether its the radiotherapy or just that Im doing more things? Anyway had a chilled out weekend with a couple of BBQs which was nice. Back to the daily hospital visits today. I also have another appointment next week to follow up a cyst that was found when I had a scan ... so am hoping that there is no problem there ... there are 3 hospitals in Leicester and this appt will be at a different one from the two I have already been too so I will have visited them all and be able to tick them off in my I spy book of NHS services in the East Midlands lol !

Rosie so glad that you enjoyed the wedding and family events, hope your return journey goes well.

Wildpurl, glad you are felling better and have more energy to get into the garden again.

Lovewine, where was the antiques fair you went too, this is pastime of mine too, love browsing, hopefully we can catch up soon and have my fingers crossed that you get to know what is happening too ... seems very unfair that you are having to wait to find out. 

Jos sorry you ended up in hospital, hope you start to feel better soon

Joan - I know what you mean about work, I am finding that I feel increasingly disconnected from what is happening, the school term here starts back the day after I finish readiotherapy and I cant work out what to do in terms of returning to work and when ?

Hope everyone else is doing OK... off to have some lunch then some emails 

Lisa

Cassie86

Hi

Hello all ladies,

I am glad to hear all went well and the weather held out for the wedding Rosie, well done for managing until 11pm.

Wildpurl I know wht you mean about energy or the lack of it I have been out twice over the weekend once with my younger daughter for a bit of light clothes shopping which did not last very long I quaked a bit in the heat and returned early. I meet up with my younger brother yesterday for a pub lunch as I felt I needed to get out, all this staying at home is making me a bit stir crazy. We met up but I coud only eat maybe half my lunch as my taste buds are still not working which really was a shame. I walked back home down Highgate Hill which was nice but then gave up at Archway and got on a bus for the last two stops! I think it will take quite a while for all of us to feel fit again and its really frustrating, even my walking is slower, I feel about 80 at the moment.

My hair is still there but dropping quite badly at present, I hope to hang on to enough for the next couple of weeks then hopefully it should start to grow back, to be honest I have got to the stage that I really don't care what anyone else thinks. Volterol seems to be helping with the aches and pains in  the neck and shoulders at night (I have had enough of tablets) and the drop in temperature is definately helping with sleep.

Lovewine, sounds like my idea of heaven spending time with one of my children shopping for something interesting. Sorry your treatment has still not been finalised yet!

Hope we all feel better soon, it will be odd when we all start to drift off into our own worlds again, hopefully cancer free......

Wildpurl

Morning all, jos what a dreadful experience, how discouraging to find yourself in hospital right at the end of the process but it was the right place to be and you are recovering now. Good to hear about the hair and eyebrows, like the sound of operation build up!

I'm at work today, feeling much better and with more energy than last week and had another good nights sleep. I have decided to have another long weekend and am only working till Wednesday so that suits me. OH is also off Thursday and Friday so plan to do some more gardening and activate our one month National Trust membership which was a Xmas present and go somewhere with a lovely house and garden to walk around.

I am definitely feeling a lot better and even a bit stronger today so hang in there guys we are all coming out of this place.
jos

Morning All

Just catching up on posts. 

Rosie - so glad to hear that the wedding went well and hope you have a lovely few days ahead of you.

Sorry to hear that so many others are struggling on this final cycle.  I feel I have fallen at the final hurdle.  I have managed chemo pretty well on the whole but, just when the finish line was in sight, ended up spending the weekend in hospital.

I felt very achy and exhausted on Friday but then my temperature went up and didn't come back down so they wanted me in for tests.  So at 11pm on Friday was on the oncology ward.  Seems my neutrophils  were very low so they kept me in and monitored and stuck me on a drip and antiboitics.  It was all a bit of a shock and a difficult stay - the woman next to me had visitors/loud chatter/activity around her for 10 hours non-stop and as I was hooked up to a drip nearly all the time I had to be very immobile.

Anyway, I managed to talk my way in to getting some very early morning bloods done on Sunday and, whilst still low, the neuts are heading in the right direction so I finally escaped yesterday afternoon with antibiotics to take at home (more side effects).  I'm feeling a little better today but physically very weak so have written a list of small goals like a short walk and fresh air and will try and get back to some healthy food (amazed at the approach to food in hospitals!).  Eating has been a real problem as the effect of the Tax on my mouth was very bad and everything has tasted revolting and made me feel very sick.  I simply can't delay surgery as I really need to get it done whilst my sister is still here to help me so here goes Operation Build Up!

I hope you are all feeling better and energy levels coming back.  It's such a long hard slog isn't it?

On the up side, my head is getting fluffier, my nails are stronger than ever and i still have eyebrows.  I'll take the positives where I can!

Louise3721

Rosie safe journey.
Lovewine you and I are on the same journey this week re chemotherapy bloods etc good luck
Tlj so sorry your face is sore hope u find some relief
Joan impressive that you can even find the inclination to attend meeting I have been providing holiday cover for a few hours per day and I have been knackered plus very forgetful

To all you other lovely ladies here's to another week closer to ending this

Oh and John Lewis have some masectomy bras on sale by Royce
Lovewine

Joan, hope your meeting proves to be useful, my lovely son bought me an old watch , I love old jewellery, brooches etc so I really love it! My son has a real interest in antique books particularly Victorian ones so he picked up a couple of those so he was happy too!!
Lovewine

Thankyou Rosie, hope you have a stress free trip home! Good luck also with stitch removal etc!
Have a busy day at work today, as have to continue this week as if chemo definitely on cards for Thursday , even though I won't know until Wednesday!! Bloods tomorrow.
Hope everyone is ok today x
joan47

TiJ, hope you enjoyed your evening with friends and that the bio oil helped. I hadn't realised that the skin on your face had peeled last chemo. I was miserable enough about my peeling hands and feet so I feel for you about your face. But good news about your hair coming back. Too soon yet I guess to know whether it is different from your normal hair in terms of colour or curliness. People seem to have been very keen to tell me that mine will come back curly.

Lovewine, glad you enjoyed your vintage market. Did you buy anything?

Wildpurl, glad you are feeling a bit better and more energised.

Rosie, not surprised you're tired. Hope the next few days go well and you get the blasted stitches out at last and start feeling more comfortable. I hadn't realised you had family traveling down the M5, we saw miles of almost stationery traffic on the southbound carriageway as we were going to Stratford.

My challenge for the day is a meeting with a couple of colleagues to begin to plan a research project. I feel so remote from work I am wondering whether I will be able to contribute much at all. On the other hand it will be a distraction and the interval between having an idea and getting funding (if you do) is so long that if we don't start now I won't have much of a job to go back to.

rosie14

Morning ladies I may lose touch with you for a couple of days now as today we are leaving Plymouth and travelling to Ludlow to visit my dad then tomorrow we travel to Manchester to fly home. So it may be Wednesday when I touch base again!
Hope the next two days are good for everyone and hope that Lovewine gets sorted be thinking of you all ! Xxxx
Lovewine

Yes what a relief it will be Rosie to get those stitches out now! No surprised you are all tired! Weddings are emotional and that is very draining!
rosie14

Wildpurl well done for doing some gardening I think my fitness level is on the minus scale at the moment!
Lovewine glad you enjoyed the Vintage market and having time with your son. I have been very tired today the grandchildren are very tired so the big family Carvery has been called off and we are down to 4 as the others had pizza.
The time has gone quite quickly but I am eager to get back now to get
these blasted stitches out !
Lovewine

I enjoyed the vintage market very much, it was nice to spend time with my son who is 25 and got married last September, my lovely daughter in law has gone to London for a couple of days with her friend so he's at a loose end, they are off to Paris on Wednesday for a few days- lucky things!
Rosie,enjoy the carvery and some time with your dad tomorrow, it seems to have flown by this past week!
Tijj , hope you sort out the hair situation, wildpurls suggestion sounds a good idea, enjoy your supper!
Wildpurl, glad you are feeling better and managed some gardening, being outside I think makes you feel more uplifted.
Joan, your visit to Stratford sounds a nice distraction , it's a really nice place to visit I think, also I like leamington spa very much too.
Wildpurl

Well I have done some weeding! One small corner of my front garden that was left, now I'm out of breath and exhausted but I feel pleased I did it and the exercise will do me good. My cardio vascular fitness must be 0 on a scale of 1 to 10 since the last chemo but it has been slowly improving this last week. Maybe 0.5 now LOL
rosie14

Oh that's a relief Wilpurl as I know there must be a build up of fluid too as I she had it aspirated 4 times! Only 3 more tight days hopefully! Hope you manage to get in the garden!
Wildpurl

I think you are doing really well Rosie!
I'm sure it will be a relief to have the stitches out but on the positive side I think it is a good sign of healing that they are pulling.
We had some family breakfasts at the Premier Inn when I went up to Scotland for my MIL's funeral, their breakfasts are really good and it does make a nice family occasion!

Well, I am determined to do a bit of gardening today as I haven't managed any for the last two weeks, so I'd better get out there.
rosie14

Wildpurl,glad everything seems to be calming down!
I am quite tired today but that's ok I coped with the wedding fairly well!
rosie14

Tlj poor you with your spotty face hope it stops peeling soon! Don't let it spoil supper out at friends house!
Had a big family breakfast this am at the Premier Inn with mainly DH family and daughter, son in law and two grandchildren and eldest son and fiancée.
I am resting now as I was very tired following this others gone to park. Final Carvery booked with our three children and families tonight before we head to Ludlow to visit my 93 year old dad who wasn't fit enough to make wedding will show him some pictures. Then on to Manchester Tuesday for flight home. Wednesday afternoon to Limassol for stitches out thank goodness they are really pulling!
rosie14

Lovewine hope you enjoy the vintage market and it takes your mind off the forthcoming week. I had to have 8 chemos to shrink tumour to operable size. When everyone else seemed to be having 6. At the end of the day we can only put our trust in the medics that are saving our lives . But you should have been to
told what the plan is for you it's disgraceful the way you have been treated!
Lovely photographs daughter has already posted on Facebook!
Wildpurl

Morning all, well I was fine yesterday and overnight, I decided to take alka seltzer yesterday and last night to calm everything down, and will do so last thing at night for the next couple of days, plus I am being careful about what I eat, I am usually OK in week 3 so hoping that it will all settle down now.

I'm feeling happier after a good night's sleep, too!

Rosie, so glad the wedding went well and you have all those lovely memories now! I hope you aren't too tired after your long day.
Joan, glad you enjoyed your trip to the theatre and are feeling more positive.
Tlj, the dilemma you have with your hair is one I have faced. My Sorbie trained hairdresser cuts the comb overs a bit each time to tidy them up and gradually bring the long and new hair together in length. Some comb overs have been cut to a normal length now as the area is thick enough and others are still in place but have been trimmed. I prefer this to either cutting it all off or leaving it all in place, you could find a trained hairdresser who can do the same for you? Glad to hear your rash is getting a little better.

I hope everyone else who was feeling pants is starting to feel better and that you all have peaceful Sundays
Tlj63

Rosie, so glad you had a great day yesterday. That must have been a real panic with the zip. Are you going to have a relaxing day today or are there more family gatherings?
My spotty face is looking less angry this morning but it is doing what it did last cycle which is to get very dry and peel. It's quite sore and very itchy, particularly around my eyes. I have been putting Bio oil on it to try and stick my skin back on! Makes it feel better for a while. We are going to some friends for supper tonight so I hope it feels better by then.
My good news is that there is definite evidence of 'five o clock shadow' on my head. The question is, what shall I do with the remaining straggly Bobby Charlton combover? Should I get it shaved off and start again or wait till the new growth gets a bit longer?
Lovewine

What a lovely day Rosie! I think every wedding day has a minor hiccup with dresses/ rings etc, well done for lasting until 11.00p.m too!! Enjoy your time with your family today and like Joan says you have some lovely memories and some nice photos too?!
Eldest son is taking me to a vintage/ antiques market this morning so hoping to feel a little happier! Trying to put the uncertainty to back of mind today- can't bear the thought that maybe next weekend I could be lying on sofa after my 7th chemo feeling like s..t!!
Take care everyone.
rosie14

Lovewine it all went very well thank you and iam not surprised you are in the fed up corner you have very right to be there and I do hope it will all get sorted out for you this week! X
Joan I agree this forum is such a support because we understand each other only too well we know the ups and downs,
A good plan to keep busy when I lived in the midlands in my youth I went to several plays in Stratford my favourite was A
Christmas Carol. I uses to fine the Shakespere ones a bit heavy!
DH told mother in law and she said exactly what I knew she would say you should have told me earlier I would have come over!!!! She is 88!!!! she told me she knew someone that had what I had and needed 2 cushions to walk around with!!! Now how many years ago was that??? I told her I didn't need any cushions and she was surprised . We were lucky in the SW with the weather it was dry and sunny all day! DH family travelling from midlands hit the bad weather and traffic jams but they all got here just in time!
joan47

Rosie, so pleased everything went so well, even the weather. You will have some lovely memories. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
rosie14

Hi everyone well what a wonderful day it was! It had its moments when son in law suddenly arrived in our room with our daughters dress the zip had come off the runner! Eldest son and his fiancée both had a go as they were with me I had a go couldn't do it. Our daughter as due to go to brides house and travel with the bridesmaids. The brides mother eventually sorted it out. I thought she would have to be sew into it!
We were blessed with the weather dry all day! My hat blew off twice hoped wig wouldn't! The church service was lovely the bride looked stunning and I managed to stand around after for photographs of which r
There weren't too many thank goodness! The reception venue was perfect and every body had a happy time. I managed to stay until 11pm!!! I had a welcome drink and a glass of wine. Didn't want to over do it as still on pain killers. Youngest son and all family so glad I made it. My brother in law said I was an inspiration to the family! Battling chemo and recent surgery and being at the wedding. He bought me 2 cranberry juices! That's what I requested!
I am sorry that so many of you are feeling rough and out of sorts hold on in there all of you we have come this far we can get out of this place!!! X
joan47

Thank you all for your supportive responses to my moans and commiserations to those of you also in the grumpy corner, whether because of uncertainty, the trots, fatigue or being fed up with feeling ill and not able to do things. It is such a lifeline having this forum where you can be honest about your feelings.

I managed to escape the gloom for most of yesterday when we went to the theatre in Stratford with friends. It was one of Shakespeare's lighter plays-Two Gentlemen of Verona- very well done and apart from a couple of occasions when thoughts about surgery intruded, a good distraction. So I am planning to stay busy for the next few days, grandchildren this afternoon, a work meeting tomorrow and a friend coming on Tuesday. In between I will try to get my head around reconstruction options in case it turns out to be mastectomy.

Rosie, hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding and are not too exhausted today. I was thinking of you yesterday and hoping the weather was fine, it poured rain most of the day in Stratford but then just before five the sun came out. Since the weather normally travels from the south west maybe you got the sun a bit earlier. On the way back we saw pockets of what appeared to be either snow or hailstones at the side of the road. That's British weather for you. I hope breaking the news to your mother in law went OK and she wasn't too overtly emotional.

Lovewine, Wildpurl, Tij, hope you have a better day today. Tij, it's horrible when not only do you feel unwell but the effects of the chemo are visible to others, especially on the face. I developed a cold sore in the middle of my cheek and felt really unclean.

Cassie, Jos, Nellie, hope you are starting to feel better.