72.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

rosie14

Re: Anyone due to start chemo April 14??

Joan glad you had a good day out the lunch sounded very delicious! Sorry you are feeling unwell and hope it isn't a dreaded cold!
rosie14

Jos this is the 3rd time I have tried to reply to you!!!'
I too am so sorry that you are having a rough time. It's bad enough dealing with the cancer and treatment let alone a broken relationship to go with it!
As Lovewins says our treatment doesn't always go to plan and I would speak to one of the team treating you if you are unsure about something!
I think we will all be glad when this year ends! We are all thinking of you on this board and hoping things improve for you really soon! Take a day at a time that's all I do now! Xx
joan47

Dear Jos, I am so sorry you have been having such an awful time. Coping with the treatment process is challenging on its own but having to deal with the break up of your relationship and now this latest bad news about the lymph nodes just sucks. And I can completely understand your anxiety that some stray cells may have escaped having similar concerns about my results. You probably need to talk to one of your medical team about this, they may be able to put your mind at rest. Are you having radiotherapy as well. What is your second op Tuesday for? Are you getting lots of support from family and friends?

Rosie, glad you now have an appointment to sort out radiotherapy. Only pity is that it means another trip this week.

Lovewine, your projected trip to the Imperial War Museum sounds good. I think they have an exhibition of Ww1 art. cherry and chilli chocolate sounds yummy.

Had a lovely day out at Hester ombré Gardens in Somerset which has an amazing garden designed by Gertrude Jekyll. Delicious lunch in rather posh tearoom- crab and mango salad followed by strawberry shortcake. Both simple enough to be tried at home though I doubt I could manage the beautiful presentation. We didn't succumb to the champagne tea though. Only die side to the day is I now seem to have either a stinking cold or an allergic reaction to something so had to retire to bed, hopefully only for an hour or so.

Lovewine

Am not doing too bad physically, but very apprehensive at going back for results, like you today. I was also told chemo had done a complete response to tumour, but have had some scares in recent weeks and do worry about pathology results.

Breast care nurse did tell me that more ladies have node involvement than don't, I also have several friends who in recent years have had many nodes removed and all are fit and well and carrying on with life, I know it won't ease our worry though! Do you have anyone at home with you now, I presume ex partner is not living with you? I hope you have friends / family not too far away to help you.
jos

Thanks for the kind words Lovewine.  I had been so cheered by the "excellent" response to chemo and the encouraging MRI that positive nodes had sort of fallen off my radar.  I had ultrasound, MRI and needle biospsies on the nodes pre chemo.  I think I may well call someone tomorrow.

My surgeon seemed unconcerned about the seroma and seemed happy to deal with it in surgery unless it gets worse in the next few days.

Yes, it's a pain dealing with relationships problems right now and very sad.  I really have had enough of 2014.

How are you doing?

x

Lovewine

Lovely to hear from you jos, sorry you have had a tough time both with your relationship and results from surgery, I have a seroma which popped up half way thro chemo and had to go back to get checked out by surgeon who ultra sounded it- oncologist thought it was cancer in lymph nodes, did you have an operation before chemo on nodes- sentinel node biopsy or just M.R.I ? My seroma they said would drain on it's own and I think it is going down.i also had same problems in mammogram with the wire and only just avoided fainting, how awful for you just before surgery having all that extra stress. I can understand you feel so worried about chemo not zapping nodes , but you had a very good response with chemo on your breast so would think it would have done it's job , this is such a rollercoaster for us all and nothing ever goes straightforward , could you ring breast care nurse tomorrow or the helpline on this site which I found very helpful when I needed answers, also take comfort in your clear margins, that's certainly good news!
Once again sorry for your break up with partner, what a bloody awful time for you on top of dealing with this illness, sending you a hug and thinking of you.
jos

Hello All

Sorry I haven't been around for such a long time.  It's been a difficult few weeks and I just haven't felt able to post.  I haven't caught up with all your news yet but have a few mins so here's an update on me.

I had my first surgery last Tuesday.  I had node clearance and footprint of original lump and associated patches removed.  It went fine and I was home that evening with no drain and no dressing!  Was very surprised at that.  Stitches internal and then glued up!  The first few days were quite comfortable with only paracetamol and ibuprofen occasionally.  I now have a seroma under the node scar but they will drain it at second surgery which will go ahead next Tuesday.  I also have saline in my breast to keep the gap open.  I can hear it sloshing when I walk - very weird!  The morning of the surgery was horrible though.  It was a wire led procedure as lump had disappeared.  They had problems getting the wires in under mammogram.  I must have had 15 of the things.  In the end just as they located my clip and put in the local anasthetic, my body rebelled (no food, low blood pressure, hot flushes in a freezing cold room and general stress) and I fainted.  They then got one in under ultrasound but couldn't find the other clip so I went ahead with just the one.  It was all very stressful.

I had results today and mixed feelings.  There were a few small residual patches left in the breast but they got it all and had clear margins which is great.  However, having been told nothing showing in nodes on MRI, 2/14 nodes still tested positive (the original and only 2).  This has freaked me out.  The chemo was deemed to be "excellent almost complete response" and "resolved" my tumour and yet it didn't do the full job on the nodes.  What if some stray cells have escaped and are on the move and the chemo hasn't zapped them either?  I had stopped worrying about nodes after the MRI and now I am gutted.  Has this happened to anyone else?

I was also told I would be given Tamoxifen for 10 years rather than 5 and have rads for 6 weeks rather than 4 - same amount but smaller doses for a better aesthetic result apparently.  So much to take on board and process.  I wasn't expecting all this.

Emotionally the last few weeks have been very tough.  My partner is now my ex-partner/best friend.  Not what I wanted to be dealing with in the middle of breast cancer treatment.  The future is suddenly looking a much more difficult place than I anticipated.

I hope you are all doing well, whatever stage you are at.  I will try to catch up on your posts very soon.

x

Lovewine

I wondered about the scan as am sure have read other posts by ladies saying they go for planning meeting and the tattoo which is exactly pinpointed by C.t . Could be wrong though!!
Yes a flight to Cyprus sounds very appealing right now!
rosie14

Nothing has been said about a CT scan Lovewine I guess they will tell me on Friday! Yes it will be weird to be at school on the first day but not have the responsibility of a class! DH is taking me Friday but I shall use the patients bus for the daily trips when they commence.
You probably could get flights cheaper to Cyprus than train tickets to London off peak season and there is plenty of history here!
Lovewine

Rosie, glad you are not on sulky step any more! Very annoying when posts go though!! Hopefully not long until radiotherapy then, do you have to have a C.t scan before it starts ? Must feel strange for you not teaching at the start of the new term, at least you can supervise and keep an eye on things! Will you be able to go on the patients bus for radiotherapy?
I have not much to report so far today other than had a quiet day, ordered some wool online to try and start an easy, chunky wool jumper! Also trying to book cheap train tickets to London to visit imperial war museum and also go and see the war poppies at Tower of London, I find history very interesting, which it think may have rubbed off on both sons as both went on to do history degrees, one on the Ancient world, the other son on modern history! Train tickets are proving to be very expensive for the two of us, think we could fly to Cyprus for less than the cost of an hours train ride to London!
rosie14

I lost my post about 2 hours ago and got cross and went to the sulky step! I am back now and during that time I had a phone call to tell me I have a radiotherapy appointment at 8.30am Friday morning!! DH will have to take me to this one because the cancer patients support bus won't get me there until later in the morning! We will have to get up at 5am!!' I wonder if they will start me next week?
Joan your sister in law is lucky to have you and your OH did you have cake with the coffee? I am sure they will start your radiotherapy after your holiday! It will have been 8 weeks since my surgery on Monday.
Lovewine yes I did go to school today to,help,the new year 1 teacher finalise her planning and get her book labels and spelling lists done! I shall go tomorrow as the pupils start back and I may not able to go again for the next 5 weeks if radiotherapy commences! I admire you and Wildpurl knitting your garments I get my knit ware form Matalan when I am in the UK !
Joan hope you are back home even if it is with a drain. I had 2 drains and a drip to cart around with me in the hospital and sometimes I forgot to take one of them with me!
Hope everyone is having a good day! X
Lovewine

Hi everyone, tulamo, doesn't bear thinking about what could have happened with your fall!! What breed of puppy do you have? I like the tenacity of your chin hair, good to take pity on it surviving Tax! I have a peachy kind of " down " on my face- very attractive, so could be a candidate too for the bearded lady in circus too!
I am quite fair haired so lucky in some ways, no sign of eyelashes or brows yet though!
Joan, enjoy your walk around the garden and the tea room, hope the sun shines for you, it seems to be coming out here now, have just walked my dogs over fields and have eaten a massive bowl of porridge with raspberries and honey in it, followed by a bar of chili and cherry dark chocolate, so I don't seem to be holding back on the food front! When I was weighed before my surgery last week I thought I would be heavier, but had stayed exactly the same despite all the gorging!
Rosie, are you going in to school today? A relief only going to Limassol once, will be very tiring for you when radiotherapy starts doing all that travelling, maybe more stops for ice cream! Have a good day today.
Jackie, hope you had a pain free night and are recovering at home very soon.
Wildpurl, weather is warming back up again, so you may get some wear this summer from your cardigan! What colour is it? Think I may look for some patterns for a winter jumper and then try a refresher course!
Tij, hope you are enjoying your bike! Cassie, hope you are ok too, Lisa how's the plum gin going!? Best wishes to all.
joan47

Tulamo, sorry to hear about your accident, you were lucky not to bash yourself up more. Hope the knees are not too sore. The last bit of your post made me laugh.

Jackie, so pleased your op is over and it went well. Hope you get home today even with drains. Take whatever medication you feel you need. I was told to take paracetamol and ibuprofen anyway for the first few days and did so religiously. Only used the a codeine a couple of times at night.

Lovewine, thanks for your reassurance. I have an appt on Monday with the oncologist which I imagine will start the ball rolling with radiotherapy. The leaflet I was given by the breast care nurse says that they like to leave 6 weeks between surgery and radiotherapy which would take me till around the 23rd if September but hoping they will defer it until we come back from Barcelona in the first week of October.

Rosie, great you don't have to go back to Limassol this week although the ice cream does sound nice. Congratulations on not putting on any weight. I am rather over indulging at the moment. Rather surprisingly The scales are holding steady, can't help feeling they are holding back then one morning they are going to record a good half stone!

Off with sister in law and OH today to visit a garden with a rather nice cafe. Doubt that good resolutions will last past coffee time. Hopefully will work it off walking round the extensive grounds.

rosie14

Yes Lovewine it certainly has been a long haul and of course it's not over yet! I think I have completed the worst parts of the journey though! I am just living a day at a time at the moment or else I would really screw myself up with not being able to control the situation!!!
Yes Wildpurl I will be glad to start the inflations now I am back to wearing my softies at the mo which give me a shape they are so much higher though as are the tissue expanders, my favourite friends, NOT! So,after final reconstruction I shall have the bust of a young girl!!! You and Lovewine make my mouth water with your fruit crumbles what do you serve with them, clotted cream? I hope the weather will be dry Wildpurl,so you can get into the garden at the weekend.
Hi tulamo goodness sounds like you had a near miss on what could have been a nasty accident and a very busy day no wonder your crashed out with your little one!
I am very relieved at only having to go once to Limassol this week we usually fo 3 times. The only thing I shall miss is the ice cream from the kiosk just after we got on the motorway back to Paphos! By the time the surgeons had drawn fluid or delved into my wound I needed a treat!!!! I am so thankful I have managed not to put any weight on with all my inactivity over the last 6 months! But then I did have 2 very heavy pieces of me taken away!!!! Seriously I think they account for a few pounds!
My chin hair came back first too that's the one place you could do without. Yes it would be very easy to grow a beard it comes back with avengance and I am there in the mirror every morning tweezers poised. Had to shave the kipper bone hairs off my legs 2 days ago and creamed hair off upper lip, my hair is dark so It is very obvious! I can join the circus with you!!! Anyone else coming with us????
Jackie hope you had a comfortable night and get home today!
tulamo

Hello ladies,

Hope you are all feeling well today, Jackie and Joan sorry I meant to send you both best wishes for your respective challenges today but managsd to trip over my puppy yesterday at the stables hit the concrete floor with a good old thump . I landed on my knees fell forward an headbutted a nearby bin. Interestingly I didnt put my arm out to save myself as I cant take the jarring to my reconstruction and left arm.

Luckily it was a plastic bin !!

Then I had to drive into Liverpool to drop off a file my OH had forgotten a round trip of nearly 40 miles then rushed back to take pup to vets - only for vaccination not crush injuries?

Got back from vets in time to collsct son from nursery. 

Felt rather knackered especially as had mucked out horses stable for first time in months prior to pup sabotage. Took son to bed and crashed with him, no computer for me last night.

Joan glad funeral went as well as it could these things can be so difficult. Your SIL will probably need even more support in next few weeks now she hasn't got the funeral to focus on  thats when you notice the big gap your loved one has left.

On a lighter note your comment zbout your many hats made me chuckle,  think I would have done the same if not cold capping I couldnt bring myself to go and look for a wig even though the breast nurse advised me to just in case. My sister sent me some beanies I wear them after cold cap to hide manky hair and warm me up.

Lovewine you are clearly made of strong stuff but try to take it slowly  the furniture can just get shabier til you make it tres chic !

Jackie hope you have a decent nights sleep I find hospitals too noisy for much sleep but am a rubbish sleeper anyway - I didnt notice any difference to my sleep pattern when on the big dose of steroids fot TAX you will be home tomorrow and able to start healing. Plus all the pre surgery worry gone.

Rosie you must be relieved not to have to travel to Limassol again this week what a massive undertaking your rad sessions will be with all that travelling  I dont know anyone who has had so much to deal with respecting their treatment you are a trooper.

Wildpur I would recommend a 4 day week I did that last year but took Wednesday off to break up the week you obviously love your job not many people can say that especially these days. I havent workrd since March and while I miss some of the lovely people I work with I dont miss the job. I dont intend rushing back after chemo finishes as once I am back it will be the same old treadmill , I really must buy a lottery ticket !

Well off to check on my multi coloured knees, feeling rather tatty and past my best at moment with grotty hair stubby eyelashes etc waiting for nails to turn brown and drop off. Did get excited today when found I had a hair on mychin have decided to keep it for a while out of respect for its fortitude in growing whilst I still have 2 tax to go and drawing comfort from the knowledge  that if all else fails I shall be able to grow a beard post chemo give up work and run away to join the circus.

Wildpurl

Is it 8 weeks already Rosie, I can't believe it! Great that the inflations are going to start soon. I was so happy when I first saw my breast beginning to look a bit more normal after the inflation.

Jackie, glad all went well with surgery, take it easy and definitely take all pain relief offered!

Joan, it's good that the funeral went OK. It does sound as though the chemo has been very effective in your case, so I wouldn't think there is anything to worry about.

Lovewine, it sounds as though you are recovering well. I like the sound of your crumble, too. I have picked a couple of Bramleys today and with the windfall dessert apples and maybe some blackberries I plan to make a crumble at the weekend.
OH and I were both tired this evening after our busy evening yesterday, so have been resting. I am sewing my cardigan together and the buttons arrived today as well. It does seem to be taking a very long time to finish though! The garden is completely out of control because we have been decorating, so this weekend is dedicated to getting that sorted out.

I do feel more normal now than a month ago, but it will be a long time before I stop feeling like a cancer patient I think.

Sleep well everyone
Lovewine

Crikey Rosie, is it as long as that! It seems to have flown past, it's been a long haul for you, keep thinking of the end of it all- hopefully some kind of normality soon!
rosie14

It will have been 8 weeks since my surgery Lovewine on Monday!!!
Lovewine

Rosie, I have been driving just small distances locally, and yes furniture renovation can wait until next week!!
Expect you are really wanting to move on now to radiotherapy, hopefully you can get a date set to start soon, good too that you are soon to be " inflated " !! I too still feel like a cancer patient and think I will for quite sometime.
rosie14

Jackie how lovely to hear from so glad it is over. Take everything they offer you!!! Hope you have a comfortable night! X
rosie14

Lovewine I still consider myself a cancer patient I think it will take a long time until
life can be totally normal again! Can you drive already then? I strongly recommend that you leave rubbing down furniture for at least a week!
Cassie my head hair started growing before my eyebrows and lashes came back. The lashes are actually long enough to use mascara now!!
Joan glad the funeral went as well as possible a difficult day for you all! I am sure the chemo will have zapped all your cancer away try not to go there! I know it's hard.
I managed the day today sat down a lot and didn't go to the ICT training. sat and drank tea with the cleaners!
Finally got to Limassol the bad new is still no news about radiotherapy but Good news I don't have to go back until Monday and he is going to start the inflations!!!! He wants to leave me for a few more days for the wound to finally knit. The receptionist said she would ring the oncology centre again tomorrow- we will see?'!!
Lovewine

Well done Jackie, get some sleep and take all painkillers offered! Sure tomorrow you will not be in too much discomfort. X
Jackie09

Good evening ladies

Just a quick post. Op went well and I have to stay overnight as my drain has filled up quite quickly. Should be home in the morning. In a bit of discomfort and have been offered paracetamol, 'Brufen and/ or co-codamol. Hope I get some sleep - will ask for a tablet I think!
Joan I'm pleased today went as well as it could for you and your family - it must have been incredibly difficult for you all. Love to all x x
Lovewine

Jackie, I hope you are recovering now and everything went well for you.
Lovewine

Joan, glad the funeral went as well as these occasions can do, hope you can have a quiet evening, can understand your worry about report, the chemo obviously did it's job before your surgery, have you had any idea or appointments through when you are to start radiotherapy? - sorry if you have mentioned this already, still chemo brain!
Rosie, expect you are tired after your busy day, hope everything went well for you, any further news on your dad? Hope he has stabilised a bit more now.
Wildpurl, hope you have had a more quieter day today!
joan47

Funeral went well, sister in law pleased although understandably got very distressed at points. It could have been quite awkward because this was brother in laws second marriage and lots of his first family were there but it all worked out OK.

Had a phone call from the breast care nurse I saw last week. At the time she didn't have access to the histology report so was just working from the notes she had taken at the consultants meeting. She told me then that they had found an area of cancer which hadn't been visible on the scans (I can't remember whether I mentioned this) but that it had been dealt with by the chemo. That freaked me out a bit, and started me wondering whether other areas had been missed. Then told me today that they had actually found two! The rational part of my brain is telling me that if the chemo has zapped all four area it will have done the same to any others. The panicky bit, of course, is conjuring up other scenarios. Hope the oncologist will be able to put my mind at rest on Monday.

Cassie, great news about your hair. I'm very jealous. hope it won't be too long before the eyelashes return as well.

Lovewine, the blackberry and pear crumble sounds delicious. The fact that you are even thinking about renovating your furniture next week seems to indicate you are making a really good recovery.

Wildpurl, it sounds a very sensible decision to try and cut down on your working hours. I recognise the getting sucked back in scenario. Although My work is very flexible and largely under my control it seems that Once I told people that I only needed radiotherapy now the reaction seems to have been to try and draw me back in.

Rosie, agree with you about envying the adjustable beds in hospital. One of the few good things about being there. Glad the news about your dad is better. He may not have the same reaction to steroids as we had; it probably depends on the dose. My daughter said the dose I was given for the TAX was pretty hefty. She is taking a lower dose at the moment and hadn't had any side effects. Hope you don't find today too exhausting and get some news about the radiotherapy.

Cassie86

Just a few quick words today, Rosie I hope your Dad soon feels better Lovewine glad you are not feeling too bad after surgery, I hope all you ladies are enjoying the sunshine today.

Just of to work, rads still ok at the moment no se's so far, my hair is growing back really well now, 4 weeks since my last chemo, shame no sign of any eyelashes yet though, so still look a little peculiar, I can't wait for my hair to grow enough to colour and style again, its all to do with recovery I guess, I still feel very tired all the time though, I hope it does not take too long to feel re-energised and normal again.

Have a good day ladied whatever you are doing. Cassie x

Lovewine

Morning everyone, Rosie, sounds like a full day today! Know what you mean about wanting to get on with it all now- how do you describe our situation now?- " I have breast cancer " / " I had B.C " or recovering from B.C ?, I agree with Joan's comment so much when saying " has cancer gone" to " will it come back" !! It seems the anxiety will take a long time to ease!
Jackie, hope everything is going smoothly today for you.
Joan, thinking of you too on a very difficult day for your sister in law and family
Wildpurl, a new bed sounds really nice! I love putting finishing touches to a Newly decorated room, it's the best but of all! You are also wise to cut down working hours, I am certainly going to try!
I have driven the half a mile to a quiet field and taken my dogs out this morning, will be taking it easy rest of day, might make a blackberry and pear crumble later! I really want to rub down and paint some of my tatty pine furniture and transform it into what people now call " shabby chic" , it's already very shabby but not all that chic!! Will leave until next week I think.
Have a good day everyone else, hope all are ok.
rosie14

Good morning everyone!
Wildpurl I think you are very sensible reducing your week by a day to give yourself a long weekend! It will be easier for me once I can drive again then I can drive away when I have had enough! You had a busy time after work and what a good idea to treat yourselves to a new bed! Iwould love one with the adjustable remote control backs like the ones in the hospital!
It's going to be a heavy day today followed by the Limassol trip! I phoned the surgeon's secretary yesterday to find out if there was any news about the radiotherapy and she said the person was only back from holiday today, Monday, and she would ring them today, Tuesday! Hopefully she will have an appointment for me today. Eager now to get this next part of the journey over with!
Heard from my sister last night and she had been to see dad and said he looked a better colour and seemed more chirpy! But he is being given steroids and stockings to try to regulate his blood pressure. Now we know only too well how steroids affect the body. Remember the red face and the wakefulness!! So,I have warned her this is likely to be due to the steroids!
Thinking of Jackie and Joan today!
Lovewine make sure you don't do too much today. Hope the rest of you are okay Tlj with your visitors, Cassie and anyone else that I may have forgotten! X
Wildpurl

Good evening everyone. I see you are all keeping busy! I totally agree with the getting sucked in thing, partly it is because it is our work, so we know what needs to be done and it's second nature to get on with it, and partly because people see us back and think we must be well again. I am just going with the flow now but do have a proper lunch hour every day and leave on time to make sure I don't overdo it. The main thing is that I am enjoying working again, I quite missed it.

I also made a decision today and have made a formal request to reduce my working hours so I don't work on Fridays. I'm managing quite well with four days a week but not sure I can cope with five at the moment.

Jackie, good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you will be fine.
Lovewine, take it easy now, and you too Rosie, but that said it is great to see you able to start getting more involved with your school again.

Well done on finishing your jigsaw Joan! I know what you mean about the brain kicking in again.

This evening OH and I went to look at beds and mattresses. Now the spare room is decorated, we plan to put our current bed and mattress in there and treat ourselves to new ones. We have been looking online so went to look in real life after work. We have ordered a bed frame and a really comfortable mattress, so that's quite exciting, and then we looked at lighting, duvet covers and shelving units but managed to restrain ourselves for now. As it was late after that, we treated ourselves to fish and chips instead of cooking when we got home, which was very nice indeed.

So quite an eventful day! I think tomorrow I shall need more of a rest. Sleep well everybody
rosie14

Oh I hope you do sleep well tonight Lovewine!
Jackie we will all be thinking of you I am sure all will go well! X
Joan well done for finishing the jigsaw. I am finding that my mind is willing but my body isn't.
Hope all goes as well as it can tomorrow for you all,thinking of you! X
joan47

No real news from me except that I have finished the jigsaw I started at the end of April which hopefully means the brain is recovering. At last we can get back full use of our dining table. Brother in laws funeral tomorrow. Sister in law is coping well but needing quite a lot of support, understandably. Fortunately less call on us for grandparent duty because daughter is on 2 weeks leave while granddaughter gets settled in at school.

Jackie, glad your neutrophils were good enough for the surgeon to proceed. I wish you the very best for the op. tomorrow. Hope you manage to dig out some button up tops.

Lovewine, you seem to be doing very well. Cleaning and tidying the bedroom, very impressed. Don't overdo it though. Were you told anything about doing exercises. I was given them when I had the sentinel node biopsy in March but it seems to be a matter of choice whether I do them this time. I have quite an achy shoulder now so have started doing some of them. Glad you are pleased with your surgeons handiwork.

Rosie, you also seem to be having a busy time. No wonder you are exhausted, especially since I note your first post was at 5.30. Hope your appt with the surgeon goes well and he starts the expansion soon. It sounds horribly uncomfortable at the moment. I'm glad you have had some reports on your father. I would have thought that the anaemia and low blood pressure, separately or together, could explain his dizziness.

Hope everyone else is OK.
Lovewine

P.s Jackie, the lady in hospital bed next to me had been in the previous day for full mastectomy and she looked so good I thought she was in like me waiting fir surgery not already had it!! She was also a primary school teacher aged 44, she had no pain, only discomfort which she took paracetamol for, she went home early that morning looking great! All the very best. Xx
Jackie09

Yes tomorrow Rosie. (Gulp) x
Lovewine

Rosie, good you had a nap, I tried to but found my mind was racing too much! At least I will sleep tonight!
Jackie, all systems go then! - I had my sentinel node biopsy in march , so didn't have that part done again on Friday, I wasn't too sore after having nodes removed at all, I have removed dressing and can see my surgeons handiwork quite clearly now- it appears my nipple has been peeled off and tissue taken away around it and then nipple Sown back in place again! Quite remarkable! I can't stress enough with the node removal to do the arm exercises as soon as you can- they really helped me heal up quicker, I know you are really worried about the surgery as I was, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as having a chemo session, the nurses etc are lovely as ime sure yours will be!! I will be thinking of you, and yes button up clothing is definitely the easiest .x
rosie14

Hi Jackie glad your surgery is going ahead is it tomorrow you go in?
Hope you had a good nap Lovewine I dozed for an hour on and off this afternoon. You mind you don't do too much you don't want to set yourself back!
Jackie09

Good afternoon everyone,

Was just about to post to say still waiting for a phone call and they just rang! Neutrophils have gone down from 1.3 to 1.2 but surgeon is happy to go ahead with that - apparently he us going to give me antibiotics during operation. Suppose I'd better go and pack my bag ready :(.

Lovewine - good to see you're up and about. Did you have any nodes taken? I'm struggling to find button up tops to wear, as I believe the arm is quite sore afterwards.
Rosie - I'm glad you've had some news about your dad, although frustrating that no one is sure what is causing his dizzy spells yet.
Lovewine

Rosie, I have cleaned and tidied up our bedroom this morning- so much for taking it easy!! I find it very hard not to be doing something! But am going to lie down and have a long nap this afternoon! You sound like you are easing back into school life though, be careful you don't take on too much!!- yes I know I am a fine one to talk aren't i !!!!
rosie14

Hi Lovewine you enjoy your 2 weeks off! I have come home shattered! I got in at 9.30am and came out at 1.45pm. Got to do another book order than time for a nap maybe a nap first!!!
Lovewine

Morning everyone, Rosie, hope everything goes well today- doesn't sound nice having two tyres in front of you!! I know what you mean about getting sucked back in to work, I found my good intentions to keep work load down started to pick back up again! Have 2 weeks off now so will try and do more relaxing if possible!
Thinking of you Jackie , hope blood tests are ok today.
Wildpurl, Joan, tij, Lisa, cassie, Nellie,Louise, jos, tulamo, good day hopefully for you all!
rosie14

Good morning everyone hope this finds you all well and not on the sulky step although it is Monday for those working!
I am going to spend the morning in school completing the set up of the Yr 1classroom with the new teacher.
Tomorrow there is a staff training day, followed by primary children and their parents visiting to meet new teacher. DH wants me to be around for this so that parents can see I am able,to,have some involvement! We are supposed to be at Limassol at 4pm for appointment with surgeon. I am going to have to call them and put it back we are not going to make it by then! It's going to be a long day tomorrow I must rest up this afternoon! It's all too,easy to get sucked back in. I am also,dealing with the discomfort of tissue expanders constantly it's like having 2 tyres,on your chest at full inflation and they haven't been inflated yet. Hopefully he will start this week he thinks it will be more comfortable I am sure Wildpur sails it was more comfortable once the inflations started! Fingers crossed!!!
Catch up with you all later! X
rosie14

Daughter now home and has skyped me. She hasn't seen my dad for 2 years so was shocked at how much weight he had lost. She said she thought he was rather glad to be were he was as he was frightened of getting dizzy and falling down again in his flat! My sister emailed me and she says he is very anaemic and has low blood pressure but no diagnosis yet!
I have been busy on skype both sons called me also! Yes Lovewine it does show what we will do for our children I wouldn't be taking so long to recover if I had hadn't had db mx a week after finishing chemo and then getting on a plane 2 weeks after surgery. Mad or what?
Wildpurl glad you had an enjoyable day catching up with your brother it sounds like he has been very busy doing up the new house! What a creative hands on pair you are! Do you have any more sisters or brothers? The boys both noticed my eyebrows on skype and couldn't believe the growth in a week!
Jackie hope your blood test goes well to tomorrow! Trust everyone else had a good weekend!
Wildpurl

Afternoon ladies, back from my day out to my brother's. It was lovely to see him and his family, also they are doing up their new house, it is my brother's hobby, he has done 7 houses so far over the last 20 years. They have done the kitchen, which is lovely, and their bedroom, just starting on the lounge plus he has completed rewiring and installing new central heating. He thinks nothing of remodelling the structure, moving walls etc, the results are very impressive.

Lovely lunch plus a pleasant walk, a very enjoyable day.

Your bike sounds good Tlj, and well done for getting your actual bike out Lisa! And a holiday in Paphos, that sounds great!

Rosie I'm glad that you will be getting some news about your Dad later today. Great news that your hair is growing now, too.

Glad you are feeling OK Lovewine. I'm very envious of the mini meet up but don't think I live near enough to anyone to meet in person.
Lovewine

Lisa, plum gin sounds good! Have had sloe gin before - very nice indeed! And totally agree with the mini meet up!! How do you distill the gin - in a Demi- john ? We used to make plum wine and blackberry wine years ago, never did get around to bottling it, just poured it straight from the Demi john- very uncouth!! Sounds like you have had a busy day! Your holiday sounds nice, great to have something to look forward to.
Rosie, hope all is well as can be when you speak to your daughter, I havnt had such a hard time ( fingers crossed so far) as you have had with surgery, wounds etc, so am able to shuffle around a little more than you have been able to- I think you have been super human to make it to the uk for the wedding so soon after surgery and chemo ! Just shows what we will do for our children doesn't it!!
rosie14

I know it well Lisa I go to a hairdresser opposite. It's right on the beach you will love it!
rolicarpit

Hi Rosie

we are going to stay at one called Alexander the Great, just looking forward to a bit of warmth and relaxation!

rosie14

Lovewine my daughter has managed to go and see dad thank goodness on her way back form Midlands to Newcastle. I haven't heard from her yet she tends to us FB PM so I will.have to wait until she is in a wifi zone. Also my sister was going today and she said she would email me so I have to be patient!
I am very impressed that you went for a shuffle round the field! After a light lunch at the monastery cafe I went for the first time in 7 weeks round the supermarket. I was shattered afterwards!
Lisa that's great you are coming to Paphos which hotel are you staying in? You have been busy with your plums well done!
rolicarpit

Morning all,

Well, all ok on the plum front, have given some away to good homes, have many jars of chutney and just about to start making some plum gin, not sure I will be able to wait 3 months to try it though! 

Lovewine good to hear from you, glad things werent as bad as you thought it might be ... everything we do seems to be a rollercoaster of anxiety and then relief that its not as bad as we thought, if only there was a way to know it would be ok before all the worrying ! My friend got married at newstead abbey a few years ago as her parents lived very close, I'd be up for a mini meet too if we could arrange it Jackie / Lovewine ?

Tlj - I like the sound of your bike, I took mine out for the first time since Jan a couple of days ago ... only done the road and back but my legs were very pathetic, going to try and go a bit further every day this week whilst Im still not working.

Joan, glad you are recovering well, know exactly what you mean about wondering whether it will come back, hopefully those anxieties will fade over time, either that or Im going to have buy myself a CT scanner to check every week lol

Rosie, sorry to hear about your dad, hope he is doing OK, must be hard to feel so far away from things ...... Im very excited becasue Ive just booked a holiday to Paphos in October half term .... whopppeeeeee, really looking forward to it

Hi Wildpurl, thanks for your suggestions yesterday, are you planning a productive day today?

Hope everyone is else is well and having a good weekend

Lisa

Lovewine

Hi everyone, what a good present tij ! Like Rosie I think I would be wearing the motor out! Hope you enjoy your debut ride out with your family today.
Rosie, any more news on your dad this morning? Maybe your daughter can fill you in more today.
I have just shuffled around the field with hubby and dogs for 15 min walk and enjoyed the fresh air, not sure about the exercise part though !! Although must admit do feel more energised after doing it!
Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
rosie14

Tlj good to hear from you! You are busy with visitors! I like the sound of your new gift and the fact the electric motor kicks in for an extra power- I would overheat the motor!! Good luck with it! Where do you live by the way?